Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

MUSIC FILE FOLDER RENAMING / MOVING / CHANGING

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300 + Vestax VFX-1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
fdecay 2:38 AM - 23 September, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 2.0.1
Hardware: vestax-vci-300||vestax-vfx-1
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

HI,

I am really desperate since it seems that after moving my entire music libray within ITCH to a more convenient location (on the same drive and inside another folder). Nothing locates right anymore.
I started using the relocate button. But it didn't work well. The problem began when i went and looked thru the "all" library after relocating > doubles where made...
It didn't actually made a physical copy of each audio files ... but names are doubled. It's a mess.
Then the biggest issue are my smart crates, I created hundred of them, ...customized.... I made a backup of all them. When I copy them back into _serato folder they are expecting the old path to my library.

My main question is : I need to redirect my smart crates to a new main library main folder.
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ????
Koolaay97 4:12 PM - 23 September, 2011
you can rename your "database V2" file located in the serato folder on the drive / drives where the music is located, then restart serato itch and run the re-locate lost file
fdecay 3:41 AM - 24 September, 2011
thanks man.
I'll try that later today . But I think I finally got my smart crates to update again.
Late night panic attack I guess.

Cheers
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:07 AM - 26 September, 2011
Hey fdecay,

The best way to relocate your lost files is to open the 'Files' panel in ITCH and locate the folder the music is kept, then drag and drop this folder onto the 'Re-locate Lost Files' button, this will scan it and relocate them. If there are still some you can't relocate then try simply clicking 'Relocate Lost Files'.

P.S - If you recreate your databasev2 file like koolaay97 said, make sure you add your entire ITCH library to a new crate (call it something like ALL), then close ITCH and recreate it. This is because ITCH repopulates the library based on the tracks in crates so you want to make sure all your tracks are in a crate.

Let me know how you go :)
1:00 AM, 10 Oct 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.