DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Fuck A Feature Request, How About A Stability FIX????

Nicky Blunt 6:39 PM - 7 September, 2011
Seen this floating about in a few other threads. Thought It Deserved Its own one!!!!!

Who wants the next release to be about stability not features??????
Isnt it time serato went back to the stable format we all grew to know & love. Extra stress @ my gigs is not really something im looking for from my program.

+1 if ur down!
phatbob 6:42 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
kristoff1986 6:48 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
nicksubishi 6:51 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:00 PM - 7 September, 2011
fuck that i want FEATURES MUAHAHAHA
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:27 PM - 7 September, 2011
+2.4
ral 7:34 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
djpuma_gemini 7:36 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:36 PM - 7 September, 2011
who of these plus ones are using video?

I am
Eric N 7:40 PM - 7 September, 2011
+eleventeen.

Right now, I am having to use 2.2 to import files, play live, or analyze files, and using 2.1 to do tag editing. Neither of those will do everything for me without freezing, and no way am I going to update to 2.3 as long as everyone is saying that they are having files corrupted by it. :(
sixxx 7:49 PM - 7 September, 2011
Video.... +666
jbnyc 8:18 PM - 7 September, 2011
video +1
ZESH! 8:28 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
pont 9
point 2
DJ Tecniq 8:37 PM - 7 September, 2011
The serato developers have failed us. I'm still using 2.2.0 thank god. I don't even care for a new update just give me something reliable. Serato is going downhill. Sorry but the truth hurts.
sixxx 8:42 PM - 7 September, 2011
Oh no... NoCred is here..... This thread just went to shit.
DJ Tecniq 8:47 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Oh no... NoCred is here..... This thread just went to shit.
will you please mind your own bisuness. You are causing this thread cancer not I.
Nicky Blunt 8:49 PM - 7 September, 2011
allow it, this thread needs to stay open
Dj Mike P. 8:49 PM - 7 September, 2011
I'm still using 2.2 with 0 problems, never needed to upgrade especially with all the negative feedback. My question is why update if you know for a fact the new update is unstable? Is there anything major for video in 2.3 thats not available in previous versions? I dont do video, just wondering.
DJ Tecniq 8:52 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
I'm still using 2.2 with 0 problems, never needed to upgrade especially with all the negative feedback. My question is why update if you know for a fact the new update is unstable? Is there anything major for video in 2.3 thats not available in previous versions? I dont do video, just wondering.
+1 I'm on 2.2 and haven't switched either. It has been solid for me. However I feel bad for everyone that upgraded to 2.3 esp the VJ's. My suggestion they need to get some developers that know what they are doing obviously 2.3 wasn't tested search the forum and you'll see there's mad issues on 2.3.
DjWoody 8:53 PM - 7 September, 2011
lol I'm still on 1.9.3
jbnyc 8:55 PM - 7 September, 2011
i think the problem is that their private beta testers are well known dj's! dj's that have the latest laptops and they get the same glitches and issues and then when i install the new version (black macbook 2.4 4GB) or six (mid 08 MBP 2.0) and other people with different laptops we start experiencing different glitches and shit! how do you become a beta tester i would like to know o_____O
the_black_one 8:57 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:59 PM - 7 September, 2011
mabye if we get 200 signatures it will let the decvelopers know that people are AGAINST bugs rather than for them and theyll fix them

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle
the_black_one 9:01 PM - 7 September, 2011
some folks in here are really getting under my skin! #justsaying
DJ Tecniq 9:03 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
some folks in here are really getting under my skin! #justsaying
Bahh Bahh..blacksheep
jbnyc 9:04 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
mabye if we get 200 signatures it will let the decvelopers know that people are AGAINST bugs rather than for them and theyll fix them

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle

LOL you didnt learn the lesson with the color pressings did you?? LOL
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:06 PM - 7 September, 2011
they are reading this
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:06 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle

LOL you didnt learn the lesson with the color pressings did you?? LOL

THOSE PRESSINGS ARE COMMING!!!!!
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:07 PM - 7 September, 2011
yeah, right after we watch a real battle
the_black_one 9:08 PM - 7 September, 2011
i have never been asked to do a private beta of the software.
I run SL 5 to 6 time a week on different machines (macs only).
Been rocking SL since 04-05
My opinion should matter!
the_black_one 9:13 PM - 7 September, 2011
I know Serato has 1)The bridge
2) VSL
3) itch
4) scratch live
5) many Hardware configurations
6) Native support for many vendors and controllers

I understand you got a lot on your plate but so do I with this buggy software that help me pay my bills.
the_black_one 9:15 PM - 7 September, 2011
Now that i have invested on Abelton i can not go back to 1.9.2 because there is no bridge.
jbnyc 9:15 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1 mine too!!! my little non pro black macbook handles video real good! only had usb dropouts with 2.0 and i also would like to be a private BETA tester!!

ok,here we go.. **roll my eyes**

1) DJ MBezzle
2) JBnyc
the_black_one 9:16 PM - 7 September, 2011
Mix emergency is the preferred Video plug in among the forum members.
the_black_one 9:18 PM - 7 September, 2011
I was gonna drop the 2400 bucks on a 68 but not any more! why should i do so when the software that runns the mixers is buggy?
the_black_one 9:20 PM - 7 September, 2011
Fuck new features, and make folks that are STILL on 1.9.2 a new version that does not make them nervous to use
djcrap 9:46 PM - 7 September, 2011
video +1
ZESH! 9:50 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Fuck new features, and make folks that are STILL on 1.9.2 a new version that does not make them nervous to use

It's not so much about being nervous...I (and I'm sure some others here) am comfortable with the older version. I simply don't need all those extra features, effects, and tricks, (as nice as they are) to do what I do.

Maybe if so many of you stopped suggesting stupid updates and features, the team could get back at making the proggy more stable for all you knuckleheads who use your puters for dumb shit, creating a conflict with SSL.

[/rant]
icb 9:51 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1
jbnyc 9:52 PM - 7 September, 2011
Quote:
Maybe if so many of you stopped suggesting stupid updates and features

LOL
Johnnynights 11:02 PM - 7 September, 2011
+1 but i want that sync in the sp6 and there lol
GilesDavis 1:03 PM - 8 September, 2011
2.2 +1
str8nger 1:23 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle
2)str8nger
Dj Wunder 1:31 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle
2) str8nger
3) Wes Wunder
jbnyc 2:00 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle
2)str8nger

You erased me!!! -___-
Dj Wunder 2:05 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:

Ill start

1) DJ MBezzle
2) JBnyc
3) str8nger
4) Wes Wunder
jbnyc 2:13 PM - 8 September, 2011
Thanks wunder!!
sixxx 2:56 PM - 8 September, 2011
So that's four bugs Serato needs yo get rid of so far. hahaha Nm
sixxx 2:56 PM - 8 September, 2011
yo = to
jbnyc 3:27 PM - 8 September, 2011
Lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:32 PM - 8 September, 2011
Quote:
yo = to

i thought

yo = I

to = you

wheres tec at hell know this one
canicypher 7:34 PM - 9 September, 2011
+1 video...rockin 2.0...
jbnyc 8:39 PM - 9 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
yo = to

i thought

yo = I

to = you

wheres tec at hell know this one

Who is tec?
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:49 PM - 9 September, 2011
lol i meant no cred
jbnyc 10:01 PM - 9 September, 2011
Quote:
lol i meant no cred

ohhh thanks for invoking him!! consider this thread locked soon!! lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:03 PM - 9 September, 2011
Daktyl 10:09 PM - 9 September, 2011
+1
Deejay Steve 2:14 PM - 16 September, 2011
+1

so what is the most stable version everyone is using at the moment?
The latest version crashes whenever I edit video files using SSL 2.3.1 NIGHTMARE!!
DJ Schematic 2:21 PM - 16 September, 2011
+1 Video
I'm good with the regular video program. Not sure if using Mix Emergency could help?
Deejay Steve 2:32 PM - 16 September, 2011
Sorry guys just read previous posts and reinstalled 2.2.0
Don't install the latest version it's CRAP!!!
jbnyc 11:18 PM - 16 September, 2011
What he said^^^^^
DJANGEL "EL FUERTE" 2:11 AM - 17 September, 2011
+1
SiRocket 9:11 AM - 11 October, 2011
+1
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:35 PM - 11 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's not so much about being nervous...I (and I'm sure some others here) am comfortable with the older version. I simply don't need all those extra features, effects, and tricks, (as nice as they are) to do what I do.

Maybe if so many of you stopped suggesting stupid updates and features, the team could get back at making the proggy more stable for all you knuckleheads who use your puters for dumb shit, creating a conflict with SSL.

[/rant]

LMAO!

<<<1.9.2 user....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:46 PM - 11 October, 2011
Would be nice to just plug in the SL3 and not have to cross your fingers when you boot up.. X

+1.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:00 PM - 11 October, 2011
Quote:
Would be nice to just plug in the SL3 and not have to cross your fingers when you boot up.. X

+1.

Wow, forreal? It's that bad?

I guess I'd be bugging out TOO if my music application was corrupting my files...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:37 PM - 11 October, 2011
Naw Johnny but I haven't spun video in a few weeks but had the SSL where if I was in REL the mp3 wouldn't track - had to play in ABS - this weekend - it worked normal - except for the Gain bug....

Been avoiding doing video until the issues get worked out.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:39 PM - 11 October, 2011
^^^^oops - had the SSL BUG where .....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:50 PM - 11 October, 2011
Hmmm..*ish is getting HEKTIK.
DJ Remy USA 8:39 PM - 11 October, 2011
Quote:

Im still on 1.9.2 no lie runs like heaven I upgraded to 2.0 for about a week then reverted have upgraded since no need too. All I use are cuepoints and loops I dont even use the DJ fx and all that Jazz
GilesDavis 1:57 AM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Im still on 1.9.2 no lie runs like heaven I upgraded to 2.0 for about a week then reverted have upgraded since no need too. All I use are cuepoints and loops I dont even use the DJ fx and all that Jazz

+1

I'm not upgrading from 2.0. Why bother if I don't need the extra features...
Crickett 2:44 AM - 12 October, 2011
+1
PopRoXxX 4:32 AM - 12 October, 2011
Video here & +1000!!

I wanted to try 2.3 due to the 57 controlling the effects. That was fun and dope until 2.3 started corrupting my video files when analyzing or just plain loading an already analyzed video to a virtual deck. Luckily 1.9.2 saved most of all my videos when I re-analzyed with it. SMH. Back to 2.1.1. I really don't care for any of the 2.0+ releases. All are buggy in their own standing at some point. I only use 2.1.1 for the native dicer support. I need those lights to light up on them after some drinks. LMAO!
DJWALDO 4:45 AM - 12 October, 2011
never had an issue... just wish it sounded a little cleaner all around keylock and all...
cotdagoo 3:13 PM - 12 October, 2011
+1

pretty sad that no one from serato has commented on a thread this long..

just keep brushing the dirt under the rug guys.. no one will see it or care.. right?
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:01 PM - 12 October, 2011
They are working on it
SiRocket 6:40 PM - 12 October, 2011
#sigh....
Mike_P 6:53 PM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:
+1

pretty sad that no one from serato has commented on a thread this long..

just keep brushing the dirt under the rug guys.. no one will see it or care.. right?

they have communicated that they are working on it and a fix is underway.
SiRocket 8:02 PM - 12 October, 2011
ive been telling my venues that i work at that i can't do video because serato is unstable and lagging on a fix.... #jk
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:05 PM - 12 October, 2011
just use 2.2 for now
SiRocket 9:08 PM - 12 October, 2011
Is it bad that im very dependent on cue tags now???... i have gotten more creative with my sets knowing what my markers are and some codes/labels i have used... some remixes might have 8/16bar breaks that have no lyrics where i can cut over... just basic shit like that, i can't possibly always remember the breaks of each remix from the original.... sigh.... its helpful but now im getting more dependent lol.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:14 PM - 12 October, 2011
getting more creative is never bad...

missing gig because of video corruption is really bad

I would be gig less if I didn't go back to 2.2.
SiRocket 9:18 PM - 12 October, 2011
places over here (in the local area).... get video djs offering video for the same price as audio, and the majority of the video djs that i know rely on their library instead of programming and skills... So i won't even go there.

They expect me to spin video for the same price as an audio set so obviously my answer is no for video.... So for now i have some time to get my video game together (waiting for a stable release) and get better with ME.

But if i had a call for a well paid video gig, i would be on 2.2 in a heartbeat :)
DJ Stoyvo 9:26 PM - 12 October, 2011
+1
FunkyRob 12:48 AM - 13 October, 2011
+1200

if you go back to 1.9.2 what happens to the _serato_ folders?

I remember back then they were _scratchlive_ folders.
the_black_one 12:55 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
+1200

if you go back to 1.9.2 what happens to the _serato_ folders?

I remember back then they were _scratchlive_ folders.

back up folder, then rename
VJ SMILEY 1:51 AM - 13 October, 2011
WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I CANNOT GO OUT TO PLAY IN FRONT OF A CLUB THAT HAS 1000 PP ON SOUTHBEACH WHEN MY SERATO IS FREEZING WITH VIDEO I NEED SOLUTIONS THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO THIS IS TERRIBLE I NEED TO TRUST IN MY SOFTWARE

SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME A SOLUTION??????
GilesDavis 1:55 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I CANNOT GO OUT TO PLAY IN FRONT OF A CLUB THAT HAS 1000 PP ON SOUTHBEACH WHEN MY SERATO IS FREEZING WITH VIDEO I NEED SOLUTIONS THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW OR TELL ME WHAT TO DO THIS IS TERRIBLE I NEED TO TRUST IN MY SOFTWARE

SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME A SOLUTION??????

I remember when my capslock button broke SLL started crashing when I was using videos. Maybe get that fixed & it should be fine...
Daktyl 2:14 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
Is it bad that im very dependent on cue tags now???... i have gotten more creative with my sets knowing what my markers are and some codes/labels i have used... some remixes might have 8/16bar breaks that have no lyrics where i can cut over... just basic shit like that, i can't possibly always remember the breaks of each remix from the original.... sigh.... its helpful but now im getting more dependent lol.

the color coding on the cue points is enough for me. yellow=8 bars to vocals (or drop), green=4 bars to vocals, light blue=verse starts here on the one, dark blue=chorus starts here on the one, red at the beginning of the song means no drums intro or it starts with just vocals, red towards the end of song=mix out by this cue marker...
you get the point. If you come up with a color coding for cue points and are consistent with it, you don't even need the cue point naming...
SiRocket 2:47 AM - 13 October, 2011
i have notes on certain areas, plus i like to scratch phrases and other parts of tracks.... look at the cue "notes" as parts of a soundcloud track for comments...
Dj Shamann 2:53 AM - 13 October, 2011
Quote:
Is it bad that im very dependent on cue tags now???... i have gotten more creative with my sets knowing what my markers are and some codes/labels i have used

I haven't made the switch yet but this is what I'm looking forward to messing with. i always make the switch, never had a problem, but with so many veteran users reporting various bugs I'm going to sit this one out.

Quote:
the color coding on the cue points is enough for me.

I'm color blind, it doesn't do a thing for me other than confuse me. Either i can't make out the difference between certain colors, or they disappear next to the waveforms.
Daktyl 5:16 PM - 13 October, 2011
It would be nice to name cue points, don't get me wrong. right now with certain songs I have notes in the title tag. like if the verse vocals start on the 1/8 note between the 3 and 4 of the previous bar or something like that I'll add "and 4 and verse" or something stupid like that to the title of the song just so I remember. cue point naming would eliminate the need to do that. Not enough of a motivation to upgrade until they fix all the problems with 2.3 though...
Quote:
I'm color blind, it doesn't do a thing for me other than confuse me. Either i can't make out the difference between certain colors, or they disappear next to the waveforms.

named cue points would def come in handy for you then...