Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato VSL with Syphon Support

dj_orion 7:38 PM - 19 August, 2011
Please consider updating VSL so that it has support for syphon, I don't really care to use Mix Emergency especially since i paid for VSL and also i'd rather not run four programs:
SeratoVSL > Syphon > Modul8
Would be tight!
djpuma_gemini 8:01 PM - 19 August, 2011
What's VSL
dj_orion 8:27 PM - 19 August, 2011
haha, should i just stick to ME you think? been reading a lot of your posts and i'm guessing you're gonna say yes :)
tomatoslice 8:33 PM - 19 August, 2011
Yes!

Running ssl, vsl, syphon, and modul8
Is not much different than ssl, me, syphon, and modul8.

If anything id say it's better and uses less system.
tomatoslice 8:33 PM - 19 August, 2011
But serato should add syphon among other things
Rebelguy 8:36 PM - 19 August, 2011
We'll see when the new version drops.
dj_orion 8:58 PM - 19 August, 2011
Any idea when that might be? I gotta a gig tonight and i'd like to use it.
tomatoslice 9:09 PM - 19 August, 2011
not today
skinnyguy 2:12 AM - 20 August, 2011
from my understanding, it's only SSL, ME, Modul8? syphon is the "bridge", so to speak, between ME and Modul8 which is already incorporated into each software...

?
Dj Nyce 2:43 PM - 22 August, 2011
lol. syphon support is for forward thinking video software. at this point vsl is not forward thinking.
dj_orion 10:28 PM - 29 August, 2011
wordalay, bought ME this weekend and trying to sell my VSL off now.
DJ Sonny D 1:32 AM - 17 November, 2011
I really wish Serato would include Syphon support in the next version of Video SL.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 1:39 AM - 17 November, 2011
Hi guys,

This has definately been put high on the feature request list for a future release of Video-SL.

At this stage I don't have a confirmed date for the next release but believe me there is always development going on at Serato HQ across all our software.

Anthony
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:37 AM - 17 November, 2011
Probably in a month and a half at NAMM we'll see something ;-)
DJ Unique 3:12 AM - 17 November, 2011
< ---- is patiently waiting for an incredible VSL update.
tomatoslice 3:35 AM - 17 November, 2011
it's just nice to hear from you guys more these days, Anthony.

for a LONG time we were devoid of any input, messages or anything from serato.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 3:42 AM - 17 November, 2011
@tomatoslice

I understand and I must say when I first looked at some of the threads in Video-SL General Discussion it was certainly daunting..... As you know we have been working hard on all software, hopefully the beta is working for you ? Video-SL is also getting attention.
dj_orion 6:38 AM - 17 November, 2011
+1 on syphon support, maybe vade and bangnoise would help that along the way forums.v002.info

VSL + QC attention would be nice too (ie kSSV_SeratoData etc).

And while i'm requesting, I request a Serato VSL module for Modul8.

My bad if there is a better place for these.
dj Navics 10:40 PM - 4 December, 2011
Hey check out my latest project www.youtube.com
djpuma_gemini 10:51 PM - 4 December, 2011
nice work navics
Code:E 12:32 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
+1 on syphon support, maybe vade and bangnoise would help that along the way forums.v002.info

VSL + QC attention would be nice too (ie kSSV_SeratoData etc).

And while i'm requesting, I request a Serato VSL module for Modul8.

My bad if there is a better place for these.

If we get syphon support in vsl couldnt you just send the video feeds to modul8 that way?
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 8:51 PM - 6 December, 2011
Hi all,

If Syphon Support is implimented you will be able to send the Video-SL Mix Output or Previews to Modul8. This will open up a lot of creative options for Projection Mapping and Installation.

@Navics
Nice proof of concept !!

Stay tuned :)
Code:E 9:18 PM - 6 December, 2011
the only problem with syphon is that the video program must be on the same computer you are DJing with... and unless you are running 1 badass mac pro tower, this is just not gonna be possible for alot of peoples setup's. I have already started down this road, and my 17MBP early 2011 model with 8GB of ram is already maxed out with 4 MIDI controllers plugged in running Video SL (or ME) and ableton Via the bridge. I Have ran Arkaos Grand VJ and syphon'ed the video into that with this setup, but a 1gbddr5 6750 Video card is pretty maxed out as it is. it didnt run very smooth with Grand VJ running.... Now if your just playing tracks and no effects and no ableton or anything else extra running on your computer maybe you can run modul8 at the same time, but all of the Visuals guys i know have cringed when i told them about this idea. They also said you need to be aware of Video Lag. Modul8 will lag the video's just enough to be noticed i have been told.

again though
Quote:
@Navics
Nice proof of concept !!
Code:E 9:18 PM - 6 December, 2011
But im still gonna try and do this when it all comes out. :) and see if i can get it to work.
++ Rodger Moore ++ 2:57 PM - 25 January, 2012
Any news on this? We would like to use VSL in combination with MadMapper (www.madmapper.com) to map content so custom video screen sizes etc.
SeriousCyrus 3:15 PM - 25 January, 2012
Latest from me using QC and itch, please put me on the Video-SL beta for itch! I need access to the QC inputs to ramp up the interaction.

youtu.be
tomatoslice 4:33 PM - 25 January, 2012
"well, at least Syphon might be added.
it's good for those that can run it."

that's my first thought.
then,
"omg, will this affect stability?!? even without using syphon."

my third thought.
"unless with the redesign they scaled back the system use, there must be higher minimum requirements. or else do not make me say 'feature creep' "
Fat Momma 7:09 AM - 20 February, 2012
Has Syphon Support been added yet for video sl?
Dj Nyce 11:15 AM - 20 February, 2012
Quote:
Has Syphon Support been added yet for video sl?

nope
Code:E 10:46 PM - 20 February, 2012
But its has been talked about to be added to serato video. but most likely not at launch.
DJ K-Tel 4:05 PM - 23 February, 2012
There is a Syphon implementation in the developer SVN called "Syphon Screen Capture"
You have to build it with Xcode. Available here:
code.google.com
Sometimes it doesn't see all you video applications windows, but I just tested it with Video-SL
and it see's the Video-SL window (unfortunately with the window bar).
I opened a Syphon Client and it appears!!!
A work around but it's fairly simple.
See screen capture here:

images.technomorph.com
dj vegas 7:51 AM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
Hi guys,

This has definately been put high on the feature request list for a future release of Video-SL.

At this stage I don't have a confirmed date for the next release but believe me there is always development going on at Serato HQ across all our software.

Anthony

HAHAH YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED VSL IN YEARS AND THIS IS AT THE TOP LOL GOD I HATE SERATO NOW NO M.E NO SERATO!!!!!!!!! BASSZOOM WILL STILL STICK FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS AND IM SURE YOU STILL WONT BE ABLE TO MIX WITH YOUR UP FADERS!!!
++ Rodger Moore ++ 6:35 AM - 18 March, 2012
Hi Serato,

Our company supports a lot of well known names in the industry like Sander van Doorn, Showtek, Ferry Corsten. For years we worked with Tiƫsto and supported Joachim Garraud, Marco V and others too.

We are just implementing a new live show for one of our artists. It would be of great help putting Syphon support high on your priority list as we want to use MadMapper (www.madmapper.com) in combination with Serato.

Sure, there are other ways to make things happen. But Syphon support would make things a lot easier!

Thanks a lot.

Rodger
Unlimited Productions BV
www.unlimited-productions.com
phatbob 8:12 AM - 18 March, 2012
You should put your artist onto MixEmergency from Inklen, Rodger.

It offers Syphon and many other advanced features ideal for the kind of work you are doing and is fully compatible with all versions of Scratch Live up to the current 2.3.3 release.

It will do what you need.
phatbob 8:12 AM - 18 March, 2012
You should put your artist onto MixEmergency from Inklen, Rodger.

It offers Syphon and many other advanced features ideal for the kind of work you are doing and is fully compatible with all versions of Scratch Live up to the current 2.3.3 release.

It will do what you need.
phatbob 8:31 AM - 18 March, 2012
Sorry for the double post. Bloody iPhone!
VJ Justin Allen 1:40 PM - 18 March, 2012
IBTL
phatbob 2:18 PM - 18 March, 2012
Why? Serato know who I am (a lot better than you do). They know I don't work for Inklen.

The poster needs a solution to use Syphon with video in Scratch Live. On what planet is MixEmergency not that solution?

Oh yeah, planet Justin Allen where everyone uses hardware all the time and never needs programs to communicate with each other. Like its 2003 or something.
VJ Justin Allen 3:43 PM - 18 March, 2012
I think that specifically driving someone to another product is a form of advertising and that violates forum rules.

You extremely biased view of ME over Serato Video has been well documented on these forums and this is just another example of it.

And just because you cannot figure out how to do hardware solutions, or are too cheap to do them...bad form to slam someone for that. But I expect it from you so it's OK.
phatbob 4:05 PM - 18 March, 2012
We'll see what Serato have to say about that.

If you can point me to the competing Serato product which features Syphon support I'd be most most obliged.
Dj Nyce 4:16 PM - 18 March, 2012
Rodger, ME can do what want.

it supports Syphon out natively and Syphon in via quartz composer.

i have used it with Modul8 and resolume.
phatbob 4:18 PM - 18 March, 2012
Whoa there, DJ Nyce, be careful handing out those facts there.

You'll get reported for advertising.

Luckily this isn't the Denon or Pioneer forum so the mods have a bit of common sense and won't actually mind.
tomatoslice 4:35 PM - 18 March, 2012
and yet another thread is turned to the stupes side.
VJ Justin Allen 4:48 PM - 18 March, 2012
Yes, I agree. It's absolutely stupid to push people to a competitors product. But I would never call anyone stupid like you have tomateslice...it's a bit insulting and a sign of lower intelligence when you have to result to name calling.
tomatoslice 4:51 PM - 18 March, 2012
dude, fucking learn english.
i insulted the thread not the individual.
also, learn the forum rules and what an advertisement entails.
tomatoslice 4:55 PM - 18 March, 2012
Quote:

You extremely biased view of ME over Serato Video has been well documented on these forums and this is just another example of it.

And just because you cannot figure out how to do hardware solutions, or are too cheap to do them...bad form to slam someone for that. But I expect it from you so it's OK.

extremely biased? i don't think so.
bias = a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
we have ALL tried vsl. you do not own so it is YOU that is biased. until you have fully tried it, you have a prejudice.

as far as a hardware solution; i already have to carry enough gear to do video as it is. why would i want more? and if i can do the same things, as you say, with software for cheaper why would i want to spend more money? that is just bad economics.

so if you can do the same thing with hardware that you can with inklen's product then enlighten us, please.
VJ Justin Allen 5:01 PM - 18 March, 2012
Quote:

as far as a hardware solution; i already have to carry enough gear to do video as it is. why would i want more? and if i can do the same things, as you say, with software for cheaper why would i want to spend more money? that is just bad economics.

In almost 3 years I have never had a software failure while performing. That's 3-4 days a week, every week, playing 100% videos every night. That's because I don't ask my system to do 9,000 things at once. I ask it to play videos...and it does that very well.

Based on your threads over the last several years that is something you cannot say.
tomatoslice 5:05 PM - 18 March, 2012
no, i can NOT say that.
but i do not know of a hardware solution to the problem.

can you please tell us?
tomatoslice 5:07 PM - 18 March, 2012
Quote:
Yes, I agree. It's absolutely stupid to push people to a competitors product. But I would never call anyone stupid like you have tomateslice...it's a bit insulting and a sign of lower intelligence when you have to result to name calling.

and you do realize you complain about being isulted and yet were quite clearly purposefully insulted at the same time? it would be ridiculous for me to post an opinion. yours speaks for itself.
tomatoslice 5:08 PM - 18 March, 2012
quite clearly purposefully insulting at the same time.
VJ Justin Allen 5:13 PM - 18 March, 2012
If you choose to see that as an insult to you...well that's your issue.
tomatoslice 5:16 PM - 18 March, 2012
man, you REALLY need to learn english. saying my actions are a sign of lower intelligence IS an insult?

where did you go to school by chance?
tomatoslice 5:23 PM - 18 March, 2012
also, i was not name calling.
get your facts straight.
tomatoslice 5:31 PM - 18 March, 2012
but still...i have to come back to the main question.

what is your hardware solution?
you have claimed that you have hardware that will equal what mix emergency can do.
what is it?

if you do not answer we can only infer one or both of the following;
1) you are lying.
2) you are afraid to share your secrets.

you needn't reply with "i am not lying, i am not scared and i have nothing to prove."
it will only deepen the idea that you are.

if you are here to help than please do so.
VJ Justin Allen 5:41 PM - 18 March, 2012
A) first off, I don't answer to you, nor do you speak for me...throwing down your little 1st grade accusations and interpretations only enforces your reputation.

B) I have shared this in numerous threads before...go use the search button.

As to hardware solutions, there are a variety of hardware switchers and mixers that could work with this solution. Personally I think that asking your main Serato computer to run Video, instant doubles (2 video streams), Modul8 (or Resolume), MadMapper, plus live twitter feeds, and whatever else all at the same time...well I think it's completely idiotic.

But I guess that's the difference between a DJ who doesn't care if their systems craps out in the middle of a show, and one who does care.
tomatoslice 5:52 PM - 18 March, 2012
yet another insult, your hypocrisy is astounding.

i will look through your posts. hopefully, i will find something specific but it would be nice if you would just provide exactly what "switchers and mixers" = what mix emergency can do.
i am sure a lot of people would like to know and you'd be helping many.

Quote:

Personally I think that asking your main Serato computer to run Video, instant doubles (2 video streams), Modul8 (or Resolume), MadMapper, plus live twitter feeds, and whatever else all at the same time...well I think it's completely idiotic.

But I guess that's the difference between a DJ who doesn't care if their systems craps out in the middle of a show, and one who does care.

totally agree.
Dj Nyce 7:14 PM - 18 March, 2012
slice. just ignore this dude. he will argue with you just for the sake of arguing.

people are asking for syphon support. if you don't use syphon or don't have an interest in the possibilities that syphon opens up for you then why even bother reading the posts in this thread or responding.
tomatoslice 7:18 PM - 18 March, 2012
going back through every one of your posts from over the past year, "numerous" is not a word i would use to describe how often you have shared this information;

here's some links you provided.
whirlwindusa.com
www.alesis.com
www.gefen.com
www.gefen.com

the following is about the best i gathered on your work flow.
Quote:

Personally I also use the Traktor X1. It's a great programmable midi controller....with this I rarely ever touch my laptop anymore.

Quote:
I use a second system for modul8 and have regularly feed 2 camera feeds and ScratchLive through this system. I use the X1 and have the entire second page set-up for what effects VSL has and it also controls Modul8 effects as well...all via midi. This also includes promotions, live twitter feeds, and text overlays or scrolls. I would say that the show differences between Joshua and myself...between anyone and myself, are different...because we all use different styles. Nothing wrong with that. I am better than some and not as good as others.

I love what ME has done and sincerely wish that VSL would do it as well.

i can not imagine how long that takes to setup.
however, it does sound like you have something very close to what inklen can do for you.
modul8 is so crazy. this setup must look amazing. i hate you and what i mean by "hate" is "totally jealous"

speaking of mix emergency, i saw some interesting quotes.
Quote:
I also agree that ME is really far ahead and seems to answer the needs of the VJ right now.

IF there is to be no update I do wish that Serato would just allow seamless integration of ME into ScratchLive.

Quote:
I have said it before that Serato should allow a more seamless integration of ME into version 1.9.2 and beyond. Instead of opening VSL you should be able to open ME in that space.

1.9.2 is a whole lot more solid that anything past that version and while I like (hm...love) ME it's just a pain to have it all over my screen and it not be in the way.

Allow VSL to die a slow death and allow ME to take it's place.

i could be wrong, so don't fry me, but i am guessing you no longer feel that way.
tomatoslice 7:21 PM - 18 March, 2012
yea ok, nyce.
i would like to use syphon but i find justin's work around and points on hardware interesting.
VJ Justin Allen 7:37 PM - 18 March, 2012
tomatoslice...last year I did a lot of mobile shows and with 4 people it would take me 3 hours to set-up...was not fun. This year I just opened a nightclub so I wouldn't have to do all the set-up :)

I still think that ME is a better program than Serato Video (IF it's integrated seemlessly)...that has never been my point of contention. I also think that running everything through ME, especially when running Modul8 is absolutely crazy...I did weeks of testing before every doing a live show and just could not get around the system resources being used when both programs are running. It did work to my satisfaction on a newer MacPro system...but who wants to lug a big system around everywhere :)

I have also said that IF I were a newer VJ just getting into video, no way would I have all this hardware...but there are tradeoffs. And given a choice I will always lean with a more stable system vs a system overwhelmed with bells and whistles.

I just ordered a brand new Canon Vixia HF M52 camera because of it's low light capabilities...pus 2 PTZ cameras for the walls...think about adding 3 camera feeds into your ME workflow...you wouldn't be able to play a single song without an issue :)
VJ Justin Allen 7:37 PM - 18 March, 2012
BTW...big props for your research and statements. Much appreciated.
skinnyguy 9:30 PM - 18 March, 2012
Quote:

i don't think he's extremely biased. it's truth. he just presented an option to solve his problems. serato has always been open welcome to having other brands mentioned in their forums. i think it helps them keep tabs on what's going on outside of the serato world. "ear to the street", so to say.
skinnyguy 9:32 PM - 18 March, 2012
besides working with ssl 2.4 and up, what can vsl/sv do that ME can't?

and what can ME do that sv/vsl can't?
phatbob 10:27 PM - 18 March, 2012
If I am so biased, it would seem odd that I try and help people in the VSL help area EVERY DAY with their problems. And NOT by suggesting that they all switch to ME.

But if someone needs a solution which ME provides and SV/VSL don't, then I'm gonna suggest it.

Just the same as if someone needs a solution that Traktor provides and SL doesn't, I'm gonna tell them to try Traktor.

I use the best tools for the job in hand. Any other attitude is just that of a fanboy.
Dj Nyce 1:49 AM - 19 March, 2012
Quote:
besides working with ssl 2.4 and up, what can vsl/sv do that ME can't?

and what can ME do that sv/vsl can't?

vsl/sv
Audio-Effect linked effects
works with mac and pc (non-intel hd)

so far those are the only thing that vsl/sv can do that ME cannot do.

ME
media bank *can randomly autoload when an mp3 is loaded
random transitions
delay compensation
effect/transition/quartz composer preset banks
recording
syphon output
effect parameters controlled by position, velocity or bass

those are just some of the features that ME can do that SV can't do. there are some more in 2.0 that i'm not even going to bother mentioning since 2.0 is not out yet. when it is released, that ME list will be alot bigger.
skinnyguy 2:52 AM - 19 March, 2012
audio-effect linked fx ARE nice...

but at this point in time, ME offers so much more that i won't miss it...esp with 2.0 coming out.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:51 PM - 19 March, 2012
Serato video features full syphon support...works great to, just look how it syphoned the life outta mix emergency lol
DJ'Que 4:50 PM - 19 March, 2012
Quote:
Serato video features full syphon support...works great to, just look how it syphoned the life outta mix emergency lol
lmao
DJ Unique 6:01 PM - 19 March, 2012
Quote:

Funny in a non-funny kinda way.
VJ Justin Allen 8:39 PM - 19 March, 2012
Quote:

Funny in a non-funny kinda way.

+1
christianbiko 2:37 AM - 23 March, 2012
I dont want to buy Mix Emergency. Syphon Please.
christianbiko 5:36 PM - 16 July, 2012
Syphon.
popnwave 5:43 PM - 16 July, 2012
You could have saved up and bought it by now.
Dj Nyce 7:07 PM - 16 July, 2012
we're in quarter 3 of 2012. you won't see syphon support in serato video in 2012. maybe even never.

do yourself a favor and get MixEmergency.
DJ Unique 7:24 PM - 16 July, 2012
Quote:
we're in quarter 3 of 2012. you won't see syphon support in serato video in 2012. maybe even never.

+1
Fat Momma 3:41 AM - 21 August, 2012
Still no Syphon support I see. Please this is greatly needed.
christianbiko 4:00 AM - 21 August, 2012
Syphon
phatbob 5:47 AM - 21 August, 2012
Quote:

christianbiko 3:02 AM - 27 August, 2012
Syphon is not in the new beta, this is very disappointing. Please Serato think outside the square. I do not want to purchase another workaround that is not supported.
phatbob 9:53 AM - 27 August, 2012
Notice how in the video area of the forum, yours is the only post that even mentions the new SV beta?

There is a reason for that, and the reason is that nobody else gives a shit. If they need advanced video mixing, they use MixEmergency.

To be so keen to have Syphon support, yet to not have bought MixEmergency by now, you must either be an extreme skinflint or just bloody minded.
SeriousCyrus 2:23 PM - 28 August, 2012
IDK, we can ask. It doesn't seem so hard to implement.

I did hack syphon output with some QC files, but there were some major issues, it ate my memory.

It would be a shame if SV didn't take advantage of mac tech for the sake of Mac/PC uniformity.
christianbiko 4:39 AM - 23 September, 2012
Quote:
Notice how in the video area of the forum, yours is the only post that even mentions the new SV beta?

There is a reason for that, and the reason is that nobody else gives a shit. If they need advanced video mixing, they use MixEmergency.

To be so keen to have Syphon support, yet to not have bought MixEmergency by now, you must either be an extreme skinflint or just bloody minded.

I thought this was the serato video forum.
skinnyguy 10:38 AM - 23 September, 2012
It is. With real dj's/vj's. With real answers.

Sometimes.
monkeyfunk 11:01 AM - 28 September, 2012
Well, my hat into the ring -

I love Serato, I love Serato video. I would rather stick with it, and I have a huge amount of respect for the developers who've listened and implemented all sorts of smart adjustments, including some of the features offered by competitors.

I look at Resolume, Mix Emergency, and the only feature they have over Serato Video it seems is the ability to map.

I'd imagine in these days of projectors getting hugely cheaper, higher quality, plus the massive surge in projector mapping, plus the fact that we all know that a giant screen in a club tends to slow the dance floor, means that for me at least, I want to project onto blocks, panels, smaller screens, or multi surfaces.

And for that, and in order to get the most out of Serato and the outstanding Serato Video plug-in, I need Syphon Support. Or I have to add Mix Emergency, it seems.
Marine 11:04 AM - 28 September, 2012
Quote:

I love Serato, I love Serato video. I would rather stick with it, and I have a huge amount of respect for the developers who've listened and implemented all sorts of smart adjustments, including some of the features offered by competitors.

I look at Resolume, Mix Emergency, and the only feature they have over Serato Video it seems is the ability to map.

I'd imagine in these days of projectors getting hugely cheaper, higher quality, plus the massive surge in projector mapping, plus the fact that we all know that a giant screen in a club tends to slow the dance floor, means that for me at least, I want to project onto blocks, panels, smaller screens, or multi surfaces.

And for that, and in order to get the most out of Serato and the outstanding Serato Video plug-in, I need Syphon Support. Or I have to add Mix Emergency, it seems.

+1
Code:E 8:25 PM - 28 September, 2012
Quote:

I would like to step on your hat. :P

Quote:

You must be new here. It took serato years to start adding feature to VSL. I hope you respect Inklen for do just that. Ya serato did finally listen to us and refer to my 1st statement. Do you know the history of Serato, Inklen Video SL, Serato Video and ME?

Quote:

Unless I'm misses so really cool feature NOBODY has every talked about before Resume is nothing like ME or serato Video. Mix Emergency, Serato Video, and VDJ, are the DJ programs that let you play videos in sync with music in a DJ environment, Resume may play audio but there is no way (unless you do that crazy think that AVB dose, which could also be done with things like Modul8 or grandvj) to sync audio up to it. Particularly the kinds of video DJ/VJ's would play.

Map what. Midi map or Map video. if its midi the ability to map is in Serato Video when you use it with SSL and not itch. To me Custom mdi mapping is very important and pretty much every single video set i have seen that was good had someone with custom video mapping of the video programs controls. If you mean video map No ME cant video map, but video syphon and Mad mapper you can do some really cool things.

Quote:

WHAT!!!!!! "we all know that a giant screen in a club tends to slow the dance floor". I want to start a thread on that line alone. I dont think any serious DJ/VJ thinks that.

The rest of that paragraph, well i understanding your point of view where projector mapping looks really cool and can add something really special to a space. So todo that well you need a stage or space setup very much the same way night after night in which you project custom content on to. All doable, and would look really sweet if that kind of look you are looking for and dont want to play music videos. But todo that you need to be working with some really top koch content maker (or do it yourself) and you need map mapper which means your on a mac, which means why are not already running ME cause you have been able to use syphon and do video mapping for a while now. add if you want todo really cool stuf syphon ME in modula8 or Grand VJ and then map it. They you really would want a ton custom mapping to make your workflow as easy as possible.

Quote:

You have low standards. You sound like your not a noob, and want todo cool things with video so why have you not already got ME and some other VJ programs.
popnwave 8:29 PM - 28 September, 2012
My friends are doing some AWESOME projector mapping now on their weekly club night. They project onto a wall of cubes that can be rearranged weekly if they want.

Watchwww.youtube.com

You can see it at about :16 in and again :22
Code:E 9:18 PM - 28 September, 2012
Quote:
My friends are doing some AWESOME projector mapping now on their weekly club night. They project onto a wall of cubes that can be rearranged weekly if they want.

Thats sweet, do you know if they make there own content or are having someone do it for them?
popnwave 9:35 PM - 28 September, 2012
They do it themselves.. they have one guy on their club team who I think is using Modul8.
Dj Nyce 12:01 AM - 29 September, 2012
MonkeyFunk and Marine...obviously you don't know better. there is a laundry list of differences between serato video and MixEmergency.

here are things that ME can do that SV can't. and SV developers please feel free to add these before the close of 2012...

Syphon In/Out
MIDI Out
auto fade with cross fader
custom transitions/effects
position, velocity, bass and beat grid effects/transitions
ability to save effect, transitions, text overlay, image overlay and QC overlays as presets
modular UI
Video Input
Border Fill
Blend Modes
Color Correction
Advanced Output
disable unwanted/unused effects/transitions

and a kick ass new feature to be released in the next version
DJ Unique 12:10 AM - 29 September, 2012
Quote:

YES!!!!!

Damn it!!!
I don't know what is it????
Code:E 2:38 AM - 29 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

YES!!!!!

Damn it!!!
I don't know what is it????

Dam you Nyce and your inside informations, I want to know now!!!!

Nyce can you comment on whether or not the next release will be the paid upgrade nick was talking about?
Also you forgot the feature that allows your iPhone/iPad/iPod's camera to send video to ME.
Marine 3:28 AM - 29 September, 2012
I use ME with syphon to modul8 I just would like to see serato step up vsl

Quote:
MonkeyFunk and Marine...obviously you don't know better. there is a laundry list of differences between serato video and MixEmergency.

here are things that ME can do that SV can't. and SV developers please feel free to add these before the close of 2012...

Syphon In/Out
MIDI Out
auto fade with cross fader
custom transitions/effects
position, velocity, bass and beat grid effects/transitions
ability to save effect, transitions, text overlay, image overlay and QC overlays as presets
modular UI
Video Input
Border Fill
Blend Modes
Color Correction
Advanced Output
disable unwanted/unused effects/transitions

christianbiko 5:17 AM - 29 September, 2012
Maybe Serato are going to add video mapping themselves.
skinnyguy 11:42 AM - 29 September, 2012
the next new feature is a version for Windows =P
Dj Nyce 6:47 PM - 29 September, 2012
i have no idea if the next version is going to be a paid upgrade or not.

people at vdjc2 saw the new features. i'll check to see if it's ok to post.

the software that allows you to send your iphone/ipad video to your mac is called webcamera by mobiola. you install it on your mac and it shows up as a camera. you install the client app on your iphone/ipad and you can connect to your mac and send the video remotely. it's dope but only works well if you have an ad-hoc network or a wireless router with only a few devices connected.
Code:E 7:44 PM - 29 September, 2012
Quote:
it's dope but only works well if you have an ad-hoc network or a wireless router with only a few devices connected.

Since i'm ordering the new CDJ's and i use touch osc on 2 ipads at some shows a wireless router is going to be added to my DJ bag very soon.