Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Converting Karaoke Files MP3G to MP4?

DJZobe 5:47 AM - 18 August, 2011
what's a good program to convert
MP3G to MP4 for mac osx and or windows?

Thanks!
FunkyRob 3:30 PM - 19 August, 2011
check out kJams Pro, mac version.

I honestly haven't used it that much for this purpose. It has an export to quicktime funtion. I noticed it creates an .MOV file, not an .MP4 file though. not sure if that can be changed or not.

I just tested one out and it plays in iTunes and VSL fine.

karaoke.kjams.com
DJ'Que 4:30 PM - 19 August, 2011
are you trying to play it in serato
DJZobe 5:50 AM - 24 August, 2011
yeah trying to play it with VSL
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:18 PM - 24 August, 2011
Here is another software you can use, has loads of settings for quality, size ect ----> www.powerkaraoke.com
DJ'Que 9:10 PM - 24 August, 2011
Quote:
yeah trying to play it with VSL
vsl dont do karaoke. I use kjams pro for karaoke
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:20 PM - 24 August, 2011
It does if you convert them to mp4 look at the link i posted. Will take up alot of harddrive space tho!
DJCrank 8:03 PM - 17 September, 2011
Quote:
It does if you convert them to mp4 look at the link i posted. Will take up alot of harddrive space tho!

Sure does, I have a about 100 singalong songs in karakoke format. I wish I had a entire library converted. Or better yet why wont ME or VSL play that format and make it easier on all of us.
DJZobe 1:05 PM - 29 September, 2011
if VSL ever has an update...i know it's been mention so many time in this section but Karaoke Files mp3gs (zipped mp3gs) support would be great. Plus a way to change specific key of song, like C# to D etc...but for now converting to mp4 is the only sub...thanks powerkaraoke did the trick...just gotta alot of files to go through now...
vince77 9:03 PM - 17 July, 2015
Another good software to convert mp3+g to mp4 (or avi, mpg, mkv, mts) is Kanto Video Karaoke Creator. A detailed step-by-step guide here:
www.kantoeditor.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:10 PM - 17 July, 2015
Serato now supports mp3g so no need to convert.
Pinnacleprodj 2:08 AM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
Serato now supports mp3g so no need to convert.

But it locks up my serato everytime I try to add it to the library
popnwave 6:40 PM - 27 April, 2016
Stand alone Karaoke software is still superior to the basic SV implementation.
Pinnacleprodj 6:54 PM - 27 April, 2016
Hey PopnWave, I don't necessarily agree with that. When you're running 20 + karaoke shows a week, one platform is always better than teaching multiple. I know it can be done, and we've done it for 12 years, what I'm hoping for is a way to use what I WANT to use :)

Thanks for the opinion, but we differ :)
popnwave 8:00 PM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
Hey PopnWave, I don't necessarily agree with that. When you're running 20 + karaoke shows a week, one platform is always better than teaching multiple. I know it can be done, and we've done it for 12 years, what I'm hoping for is a way to use what I WANT to use :)

Thanks for the opinion, but we differ :)

Most of the K jocks I know do side gigs with SDJ and wanted to use SV but having to unarchive all of their stuff was just too much clutter for their OCD!

But if it works for you, I totally understand.
skinnyguy 10:10 PM - 27 April, 2016
Once serato can read zipped files, it'll be much better.
grimwood 4:47 AM - 18 August, 2017
Handbrake and ffmpeg are good and free.
I know Some Payware like winx, dvdfab can also do this job:www.videoconverterfactory.com
Such program can keep the original audio quallity at most after all you need to pay for them. But the cracked full version is available. It depends on your own choice to choose one.
Foggystone 6:30 AM - 29 July, 2019
Here's another software that might help you. It claims it can support assorted files and can convert video/audio formats to MP4 or other output files. I use it every time I have the need to convert videos. Hope it helps. www.winxdvd.com
Mars08 2:04 AM - 24 November, 2020
Maybe you can try Joyoshare Video Converter. It provides a 60X faster conversion speed to convert any audio & video to other formats without quality loss. For the first five uses, it is totally free. By the way, it officially launches the Thanksgiving event: www.joyoshare.com with the deadline of December 10, which offers a big discount on all its multimedia programs including the powerful video converter and more gifts.