Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Feature Request - Expanded Alphabet search function

Chris Beckler 7:16 PM - 16 August, 2011
Hi,

As owner of a DDJ-S1, I like the alphabetsearch as it works like a CDJ2000 (with a finger), but I was abit disappointed that I couldnt search tracks with it but only 1 letter. Wouldn't it be possible to make the search available like CDJ2000, that you can look for words. For example, im looking for a remix of Joris Voorn, because cant recall the title. Impossible to do unless I use the keyboard, so the alphabethsearch is rendered useless and need to pull the laptop from under the DDJ. But If I could type "JORIS", I would get all tracks containing "JORIS". Backspace could be used in the right corner. There are 2 sort buttons, tapping completely left or right. One of them could be used as backspace...

Just an idea that I think might really help cutting time in finding the right track instead of scrolling endless in the hope to find that remix on time...

Grtz

CB
Toby82 9:37 AM - 17 August, 2011
Yep i agree, there should definately be an improvment for the search with the DDJ-S1 controller!
Currently i have no good idea how this could be implemented, but i will think about it.

As this is mostly a DDJ-S1 topic this thread could be moved over to the Pioneer section.
Chris Beckler 2:24 PM - 17 August, 2011
Its easy, ever worked with a CDJ2000? you slide your finger to the right letter, and let go, it registers that letter then you sput your finger back on and slide to the next letter, and let go ago and in realtime, you get your tracks on the display of the player. So this can work exactly the same way in itch.
Toby82 2:56 PM - 17 August, 2011
Sounds good!

Combined with a better search-result view, this could get very intuitive!
For example i could think of the following:

The search result view contains two lists.

Starting to enter search mode, the list will only contain results out of the crate you are currently in. Once you have entered more than one/two letters or even immediately, the result will also contain a second list below the other one with results from the all crate. For the convenience of everyone this could be an option in the setup.