DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

1.7.3 final and 1.7.4 Release Candidate 1

Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 8:27 AM - 31 August, 2007
After releasing 1.7.3 last night, we discovered a problem whereby cue points and loops might not display properly. With the weekend coming up, and no doubt some important gigs happening, we decided the safest thing to do was to pull the release, and get a fix out as soon as possible.

1.7.4 release candidate is in the public beta area, and fixes the problems where cue points and loops may not have been displayed correctly.

If you would like to try the public beta click here: www.scratchlive.net

And now for some useful info about the public beta:

There is a new area set up for the duration of the public beta. This area will contain the beta downloads, and we will also manage feedback in this area. This area will only be visible if you are logged in.

There are some very specific requests, guidelines and rules for anyone who participates in the public beta, and you will have to agree to these rules before you can join in the public beta - you don't need to agree now, a full list of the conditions will be displayed before you can get to the beta, and you'll have to click on an "I agree button" to continue. But since many of you are probably keen to get involved, here's an overview of what's involved in being part of the public beta.

- The public beta should be treated as unstable.
Do not use it at your gig, only test the beta if you can afford to have the system fail on you in some way. We've been beta testing 1.7 for months now, but we make no guarantees, it is still a beta. Requests for help posted in the public beta area will be ignored. If you have a support issue with any of the versions previous to 1.7, post them in the help area and we'll help you out.

- Please read all of the release notes before using the Public Beta.

- Please be as descriptive as possible.
Every post should describe the scenario under which the bug occurred, what operating system you are using, what type of machine, and any other relevant information. Please try to name the thread in a way that clearly describes the problem. List the steps you went through to make the problem occur, and how to reproduce it. For example.
Step 1: Put The left Virtual Deck into REL mode
2: Load a track to the left Virtual Deck
3: Start the track and click the loop in button
etc

- Stay on topic.
We will be ruthless in locking threads that veer off topic, and bear in mind that the public beta area will be going away when the final version is complete, so if an interesting conversation develops, move it to the General Discussion area.

- Where possible, verify reported bugs.
If you see someone else reporting a bug, see if you can reproduce it on your system. This will help us to resolve the bug faster, and it will also differentiate between bugs that occur on any machine given a set of circumstances, or if it is specific to one machine.

- Don't be offended if your question goes unanswered.
The moderators who will be reading the public beta areas will be looking for specific things - namely bugs to fix. In many cases this information will be taken back to the lab, dissected, boiled and distilled, all with the intention of fixing the problem. Not every report will be responded to, for several reasons. We might have a good idea what the problem is, and wait until we have a fix, for example. Or there might be several bug reports which we can see are caused by the same underlying bug. If you have a question that isn't about the beta, and it hasn't been answered, post it again in the relevant thread - Help, Feature suggestions or General.

Why are we doing a public beta?

There are several reasons to do a public beta. The number one reason is speed. More people looking for bugs = finding bugs faster = getting started on the next version sooner = more cool stuff = less waiting.

Why doesn't it have feature xyz?

There is a balance between implementing lots of improvements, and timely releases. We try to keep the changes between each version small so that they come out more often. If it's not in this version, don't think the feature you are after isn't coming!
Robert Tompkins 4:40 PM - 31 August, 2007
Sam, I tried 1.7.3 yesterday and it has the same problem that I've reported on 1.7.2 -every time I start the program all of my crates are expanded- This is a royal pain in the ass and it seems that you haven't addressed this issue. 1.7.1 & all previous releases don't have this problem. I am waiting to see if this gets fixed before I update past 1.7.1 which works fine without any problems on a Macbook Pro.....Help
DJ-A 4:55 PM - 31 August, 2007
keep the current version you are using. it you install the new software you should be able to just delete it if it gives you problems. on my flash drive i keep a back up version just in case i need to reinstall SSL
DJ Prinvale` 9:45 PM - 31 August, 2007
hey sam, I built all my overviews in 1.7.3 (final). I have since installed 1.7.4 (RC1) and was wondering if I should re-build them all. I read about some autogain issues in 1.7.3 but I am not sure what it really meant.

Serato
James 3:18 AM - 1 September, 2007
Hey DJ Prinvale`, if you haven't edited multiple tags in 1.7.3 (eg. Selected 10 tracks and changed the artist field), then you won't be affected by the auto-gain problem (and won't need to rebuild overviews).
djheadhoncho 1:31 PM - 4 September, 2007
everytime i open the software it reads all my tags !!!! and takes forever !!!!!!!!

real pain in the ass, other than that the software is good !
Dj Metro 3:40 PM - 7 September, 2007
i build all overviews last night(over 6 hours).put in some new tracks today and its building all my overviews again?!!!WTF.should i activate the auto build and never use the main build again or will this be fixed on the next?
BriChi 3:47 PM - 7 September, 2007
Maybe the overview builder is not able to save the data to your tracks, are your tracks set to "read only" by any chance?
djglo 5:25 PM - 7 September, 2007
i added 1.7.4 last night and it works flawlessly. thanks serato for the improvements
Dj Metro 5:40 PM - 7 September, 2007
brichi...thanxs for the tip.........
DJ`SUNNY 6:46 PM - 7 September, 2007
Quote:
i build all overviews last night(over 6 hours).put in some new tracks today and its building all my overviews again?!!!WTF.should i activate the auto build and never use the main build again or will this be fixed on the next?

the same thing is happening to me
jimmyromance 12:24 PM - 12 September, 2007
I was having a spin on 1.7.4(RC1) yesterday and i noticed that after building overviews without the SL1 box connected, i could no longer play those tracks in Itunes. The File appears to be there in my music folder, but would appear to have been changed in some way. I'm using XP, gonna try it on my macbook later. I loved the new super-duper sound quality though!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:45 PM - 12 September, 2007
Please upload those files here -->> www.scratchlive.net
DJ-A 3:59 PM - 12 September, 2007
^^^i was thinking that was going to log me out for a second...
jimmyromance 4:24 PM - 12 September, 2007
Hey, i just tried building overviews(On my Macbook) with 1.7.4(RC1) - without the SL1 box connected and i was still able to play those tunes again in Itunes. When i tried this before with XP, it didn't want to know. Wierd.
Serato
James 3:53 AM - 14 September, 2007
Release Candidate 2 is now online
dj disturbed 4:26 AM - 14 September, 2007
oooo cool
sixxx 4:31 AM - 14 September, 2007
alright!!!!
djnvs 4:57 AM - 14 September, 2007
just downloaded it.... will mess with it this weekend
sixxx 4:58 AM - 14 September, 2007
Quote:
just downloaded it.... will mess with it this weekend
(no crash)

:P
armon 2:58 PM - 17 September, 2007
when is it gonna be final?
dj disturbed 5:19 PM - 17 September, 2007
Quote:
when is it gonna be final?

when its ready
KaGeN 5:27 PM - 17 September, 2007
when you stop asking.
sixxx 5:29 PM - 17 September, 2007
When you stop asking in English and start asking in Spanish.
KaGeN 5:32 PM - 17 September, 2007
yo necesito taco bell?
sixxx 7:11 PM - 17 September, 2007
Acabo de ahorrar dinero en my aseguranza de auto.
Konix 7:28 PM - 17 September, 2007
Did you use Geico?
Dj Koppa Top 10:57 AM - 18 September, 2007
i think posting in the wrong language in the english section isn't permited........where the hell is Nik.....LOL..
R.$.P 8:02 AM - 20 September, 2007
does this version fix the issue of kernel panics on mac osx 10.4.10?
dj disturbed 11:09 AM - 20 September, 2007
1.7.3 fixed those issues.... so yes this one fixes those issues to..... if its the one they already know about that is.. if it something else then it might not.
flame 5:29 PM - 25 September, 2007
1.7.3 release 2
Powerbook 1.5
RAM 512
TTM57SL

The APPLE+F (Find shortcut) doesnt work after I count BPM,
on any of the decks.
I gotta double click somewhere 1st.
I dont think it happens on 1.7.1, as I remember.
flame 5:30 PM - 25 September, 2007
Sorry 1.7.4 RC 2
=)