Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Numark DMC2 jogwheels

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Da Archer 4:31 PM - 11 August, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.3.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: win732
---

Hi guys..Good Day!I'm having problems with my Numark DMC2 midi controller's jogwheels using scratchlive 2.3..when scratch mode is pressed and start to scratch that doesnt have a problem but when i press the play button there are no response, yes the play button on the the program and on the hardware lits up but its not moving or playing the track even if i press back from scratch mode to pitch adjust mode nothing happens as if the whole program just hang up on me..so i decided to roll back to 2.2 wherein everything works perfectly fine. Although i really would love the latest version not because its the latest but because of the features that were added..please help..thank you to each one :)
Da Archer 4:32 PM - 11 August, 2011
I dont know if this is a bug or am i missing something. :(
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:43 PM - 11 August, 2011
Hey Archer,

Unfortunately Serato has dropped support for the DMC2:(

Taken from the 2.3 release notes:

Quote:
3rd Party Controllers

- Fixed the Novation Dicer buttons not lighting up for deck 1 when primary decks are set to '1+4'.
- Dropped support for the Denon DN-HD2500, Numark DMC2 and ICDX

You will need to use 2.2 or lower with your DMC2.
Da Archer 3:18 AM - 12 August, 2011
Thank you Zach for the quick reply...how come serato dropped the support for these controllers?so that means i have to stick to the lower versions and never update it? that would be unfair..i would love to try all of the features that would be implemented when newer versions come..and would that also mean that i have to buy newer equipments just to have the newer versions?i dont get it :(
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:26 PM - 12 August, 2011
There are not many people out there using the DMC2 and keeping up with native support on a unit takes a lot of time and resources.
I believe Serato dropped support because its just not feasible for them to keep supporting a product that is not used by many. Unfortunately your in this camp.
If your wanting to use the newer version of Scratch Live you must use a different controller:(
Da Archer 5:21 AM - 14 August, 2011
So unfortunate for me that i couldnt or wont be able to somehow update my scratchlive software in the future because of less resources for me..thank you anyway Zach for the quick replies :(
Da Archer 5:53 PM - 14 August, 2011
Zach before i close this discussion..may i ask is it possible to assign the unused buttons on my DMC2?i tried to assign a few buttons like pitch adjust button i wanna assign it for the eject button by clicking the midi button but nothing happened..thank you so much
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:47 PM - 15 August, 2011
These units are mapped for you. I don't believe your going to be able to map it yourself. Also, the issue may be that those particular buttons don't send midi data.
Da Archer 4:55 PM - 15 August, 2011
Hi Zach..even the fx/sampler button or the buttons in the middle like the automix?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:57 PM - 15 August, 2011
I'm not very familiar with this unit but I'm going to assume if your not able to map those yourself then they aren't mappable with SSL native support.
Da Archer 5:00 PM - 15 August, 2011
ok..thank you so much Zach.. :)