Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Fast playback of Itch 2.0 when not using the controller

Alberto de la Vega 4:13 PM - 10 August, 2011
Hi,

I own a Vestax VCI 300 MKII, and when I use Itch without the controller the songs play very fast on the software... I've tried old Itch 1.7.1 and it's the same; so I suspect it has to do with OS X 10.7 I've just installed. With OS 10.6 everything was OK.

Anyone has the same issue?

Thanks!

Alberto
Ian Williams 11:14 AM - 11 August, 2011
Yes. ....i've just popped in to the forum to post the same!!

I'm running 10.7 (Lion) on a 13" MacBook Pro (2.53 GHz core 2 Duo), with Itch 2.0 installed.

I haven't used Itch for a while, but as i've got a Novation Twitch arriving tomorrow, I thought I better start re-analizing my tracks.
Alberto de la Vega 12:26 PM - 11 August, 2011
Hi!

My setup: Macbook Core Duo 2, 2.23 GHz. So I think the problem is in Itch running on OS Lion (10.7).

However, I also think Itch scans correctly the tracks; the only problem is when you play them on Itch over OS Lion: on the screen you see correct bpm, but what you hear is way faster, and faster than the original song.

When I plug my Vestax controller the problem disappears, songs play OK.

I'm not yet using Itch 2.0 in my gigs because there are some annoying issues as well with syncronization.

Alberto
Ian Williams 12:34 PM - 11 August, 2011
I know Lion isn't officially supported at this time, but can anybody from serato offer any help with this?
haze324 1:31 PM - 11 August, 2011
I'm not using Lion and have the same issue. Seems as if I had the tempo sped up on the track without keylock. I've tried replugging my VCI-300 MK1 and resetting the pitch to 0 but it still sounds like this. I filed a report. Going to file another one. Glad I'm not the only one.

I'm on a Mac i5 10.6.8, Itch 2.0
Ian Williams 3:05 PM - 11 August, 2011
I think i've cracked it!

Open "audio MIDI Setup" (which is in applications/utilities), click on "window" in the top toolbar, & click on "show audio window".

Is the output format set at 48KHz? ....if it is, switch it back to 44.1.

Sorted!!