DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Dj's Where to find the newest and latest Hot tracks

juelz701 4:12 AM - 4 August, 2011
Dj's Where do you go to find what tracks are hot? I typically check the Billboard top 100's, Local radio stations top 20 and sometimes I will look around at different Dj pools, anywhere else?
Sureshot (PA) 4:43 AM - 4 August, 2011
srsly?
djvtyme85 4:50 AM - 4 August, 2011
i gotta sit back n watch this one...where is bezzle at?
djbanno 4:50 AM - 4 August, 2011
Djing is for losers, you want a ping pong table you do...
juelz701 5:01 AM - 4 August, 2011
Seriously, what?
juelz701 5:02 AM - 4 August, 2011
I work a full-time job, I am a full-time student and I also Dj, even with all the searching I do I feel as if sometimes i miss some bangers
the_black_one 5:45 AM - 4 August, 2011
i been djing for a wile and im always busy but is there any way you guys can please .............
the_black_one 5:54 AM - 4 August, 2011
here you go lmgtfy.com
combo808 5:55 AM - 4 August, 2011
Dude, all we is DJ and look for bangers...ask yahoo.
combo808 5:58 AM - 4 August, 2011
I don't even bother with grammar.
DJ Nick Lee 8:18 AM - 4 August, 2011
I'm still surprised that nobody ever mentions iTunes top 20's. I look at them a few times a week and usually download everything that's applicable to me.
juelz701 8:41 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
i been djing for a wile and im always busy but is there any way you guys can please .............

Looks like you just helped yourself
juelz701 8:41 AM - 4 August, 2011
and its while not wile
DJRemix8x3 2:03 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:

Same here
bicedidit 2:11 PM - 4 August, 2011
the internet is an endless tool. learn it and you will never have to ask another question in a forum again.
djpuma_gemini 2:47 PM - 4 August, 2011
record pools, radio (hardly) blogs (to listen not download)

as a dj you should be able to peep a song and now if it will be a hit or not, you should be playing them before they become hits, that's what a dj does.

but if you need tools, billboard, at40.com, checkout the rhythmic top 40, dance etc.
BattleFunk 3:10 PM - 4 August, 2011
You can not have a full time job and be a full time student at the same time?

One or both of them has to be part-time or it cancels out the other being 'full-time'?

And then if you 'DJ' that is either a hobby (recreational), or it's classed as a part-time job depending on the hours you work?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:14 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:

One or both of them has to be part-time or it cancels out the other being 'full-time'?

And then if you 'DJ' that is either a hobby (recreational), or it's classed as a part-time job depending on the hours you work?

all of that is untrue
Logisticalstyles 3:16 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:

Actually you can. Full Time student just means you are taking a certain number of credits per semester and Full Time employment just means you are working a certain number of hours. I'm a Full time student and Full Time employee at my job.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:20 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Same here

well in the other thread a kid asked for the quickest way to get to the top witout learning anything, i told him that it would be better to learn and the serato mods said i was wasting people time and treating him bad, so apparently acutually educating people is a dead thing here so in that spirit i guess ill say the best way to go about this is to go to other DJs shows and just shazam all their tracks and DL them right there, then try to find a loaded harddrive somewhere, then all youll need is the lastest SL controller to sync it all together, dont bother listening to any of these songs either just play them in the order you shazamed them or copy and paste people playlists form this site.

Hope no time was wasted here, try not to work to hard lord knows the game wasnt made for that, now hurry and get out there and start giggn there just arent enough djs out there as it is. Dont practice and enjoy :)
BattleFunk 6:40 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
all of that is untrue

Quote:
Actually you can. Full Time student just means you are taking a certain number of credits per semester and Full Time employment just means you are working a certain number of hours. I'm a Full time student and Full Time employee at my job.

Awesome, never thought about it too much, just assumed full-time = 37(ish) hours a week

I stand corrected =)
DJ Alkemy 7:07 PM - 4 August, 2011
RAYSH 7:31 PM - 4 August, 2011
well i actually think this is more of a valid question than people first assume. I will spill my beans: Billboard 100, billboard rap, nova, 2day and edge playlists (sydney radio). itunes 200, itunes 200 dance, itunes 200 hip hop, crooklyn clan. i'm always looking for new ways of getting tracks and am always open to other methods
dj_soo 7:44 PM - 4 August, 2011
any sort of charts should be the first place djs should look for top tracks - especially for mainstream music - it's not like it's rocket science...
djvtyme85 9:18 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Same here

well in the other thread a kid asked for the quickest way to get to the top witout learning anything, i told him that it would be better to learn and the serato mods said i was wasting people time and treating him bad, so apparently acutually educating people is a dead thing here so in that spirit i guess ill say the best way to go about this is to go to other DJs shows and just shazam all their tracks and DL them right there, then try to find a loaded harddrive somewhere, then all youll need is the lastest SL controller to sync it all together, dont bother listening to any of these songs either just play them in the order you shazamed them or copy and paste people playlists form this site.

Hope no time was wasted here, try not to work to hard lord knows the game wasnt made for that, now hurry and get out there and start giggn there just arent enough djs out there as it is. Dont practice and enjoy :)

great knowledge wish someone told me that 14 years ago, what was i thinking lugging crates around buying music studying practicing and trying to be creative im such a loser omg i wasted so much time...
WestCoastAvenger 10:29 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
I work a full-time job, I am a full-time student and I also Dj, even with all the searching I do I feel as if sometimes i miss some bangers

bro this ain't pokemon you can't catch them all!! your going to miss a few, just grab the hot tracks that will work for your set/crowd.. you don't need every single banger, it's all about how you present the music..
AIRX ONE 8:03 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:

whats a banger help me find bangers .......... i need my music to go bang bang bang lol
Mike_P 8:52 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
MBezzle is an endless tool. learn it and you will never have to ask another question in a forum again.

fixed
DJ'Que 9:56 AM - 5 August, 2011
I Found the latest banger when I ran into a Brick Wall dam that shit was A Banger.
BattleFunk 12:00 PM - 5 August, 2011
I just drive a banger
juelz701 8:14 AM - 6 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

whats a banger help me find bangers .......... i need my music to go bang bang bang lol

Shit was definetly corny my man better luck next time -1
juelz701 8:16 AM - 6 August, 2011
Even though battleFunk can't figure out that it is possible to go to school full-time and have a full-time job he used the word (banger) correctly in a sentence
juelz701 8:17 AM - 6 August, 2011
You redeemed yourself
juelz701 8:20 AM - 6 August, 2011
"People laugh at there own jokes because they feel that they are not funny, by laughing they hope to, in turn, make the other person laugh, since laughter is conscious. Its kinda like why people laugh at ugly people, its because they feel self contagious of their own looks, therefor people laugh at there own jokes because they feel they are not funny.... maybe insecure or self conscious, but its just Plain FUCKING annoying."

Theres a quote I found for you airx , maybe you'll think before you type lol after one of your corny one-liners next time.
Logisticalstyles 1:45 PM - 6 August, 2011
You used contagious and conscious in the wrong places.
djvtyme85 2:02 PM - 6 August, 2011
When grammar goes wrong lol we all mess up in these threads
Esco... 2:52 PM - 6 August, 2011
Quote:
"People laugh at there own jokes because they feel that they are not funny, by laughing they hope to, in turn, make the other person laugh, since laughter is conscious. Its kinda like why people laugh at ugly people, its because they feel self contagious of their own looks, therefor people laugh at there own jokes because they feel they are not funny.... maybe insecure or self conscious, but its just Plain FUCKING annoying."

Theres a quote I found for you airx , maybe you'll think before you type lol after one of your corny one-liners next time.

Or you find your own jokes actually funny, and don't need other people to laugh at them.
jbnyc 2:58 PM - 6 August, 2011
Bitch was looking good so at the end of the night i took her to my place and i banger..
juelz701 7:16 PM - 6 August, 2011
Quote:
You used contagious and conscious in the wrong places.

It was a quote I did not write it.
DJ Alkemy 4:02 AM - 7 August, 2011
This gets my vote for most pointless thread of the year
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:06 AM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
This gets my vote for most pointless thread of the year

This is just one of many nominees.
Crickett 6:45 AM - 8 August, 2011
I get all my bangers from a box of Captain Crunch... it's in the cabinet right next to the MICROWAVE.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:55 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Or you find your own jokes actually funny, and don't need other people to laugh at them.

+1, i make jokes for me fuck what you like lol
Audio1 4:44 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:

Its all about time management my friends. I easily work a 50+ hour a week job, go to Skyline College in the evening, and somehow still have time for my family, time to practice DJing, make edits, record 3 weekly radio mixshows... Never say never. If you have the drive and will power, You can make it happen. Try being married, on top of that?
MelonHead 4:47 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Its all about time management my friends. I easily work a 50+ hour a week job, go to Skyline College in the evening, and somehow still have time for my family, time to practice DJing, make edits, record 3 weekly radio mixshows... Never say never. If you have the drive and will power, You can make it happen. Try being married, on top of that?

damn.. props homie
dj_soo 10:45 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Is that why I never see you when I make it to the bay? :p