DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

i'm sure you guys will hate on this guy too huh??

DeeJay*CASPER 9:20 PM - 28 July, 2011
brilliant publicity stunt

Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato
adrian w 9:27 PM - 28 July, 2011
Is this the incident that caused the rioting or whatever it was on Hollywood Boulevard yesterday?
DeeJay*CASPER 9:30 PM - 28 July, 2011
i have no idea, i just found the video on facebook

somebody said he wasnt on a big show in vegas so he said "eff yall im gonna make my own show"….well to me he won
Serato
adrian w 9:33 PM - 28 July, 2011
Well I'm sure someone will have more details but Kaskade rocked down Hollywood Boulevard with a DJ set up on a truck yesterday to promote a film premiering at the Chinese Theatre. Understandably, word spread so fast they had way too many people show up and it caused somewhat of a cluster f**k... You can see by the gradual tweets Kaskade made yesterday, that it may not have gone exactly to plan :-)

twitter.com
dj_soo 10:08 PM - 28 July, 2011
Kaskade is kind of a big deal in terms of house music though isn't he? Not surprising that so many people would show up to a free show...

Reminds of when Dave Chapelle did an impromtu free show in portland and they had to stop it due to the crowd size - no riots there though...
Serato
adrian w 10:10 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Kaskade is kind of a big deal in terms of house music though isn't he? Not surprising that so many people would show up to a free show...

Yeah totally, I've listened to his stuff for about 8 years, I imagine he's got a huge following by now right, particularly as he's gone a little bit more mainstream in that time too. He only gave a few hours notice about the gig via Twitter, but I suspect he under-estimated his following and the power of Word-by-Twitter :-)
reggae delgado 10:13 PM - 28 July, 2011
I'm still waiting for him to return my truck & sound system
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:21 PM - 28 July, 2011
lol

kaskade Kaskade
Let's see if the magic of social networking will work today.
DJ metaphor 10:37 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Reminds of when Dave Chapelle did an impromtu free show in portland and they had to stop it due to the crowd size - no riots there though...

I remember that.
DJ metaphor 10:38 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Is this the incident that caused the rioting or whatever it was on Hollywood Boulevard yesterday?

yeah it is
DJ Alkemy 11:06 PM - 28 July, 2011
hahaha...thats a great idea...I actually liked that 2nd song he played.
WestCoastAvenger 11:25 PM - 28 July, 2011
it's a good idea but his biggest mistake was not getting a permit.. when your famous in LA you can do pretty much anything, but you just have to play by the rules..
willythekidd 12:33 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
it's a good idea but his biggest mistake was not getting a permit.. when your famous in LA you can do pretty much anything, but you just have to play by the rules..

the police and his spoke person are saying he had some kind of permit...
O.B.1 1:00 AM - 29 July, 2011
why would we "hate" on this guy?
-he's a legit producer, playing a free show, on a flat-bed truck!
too bad the crowd got out of hand and they shut him down early...
sixxx 1:51 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
i'm sure you guys will hate on this guy too huh??

Shows how little you know. lol

I really don't see why any DJ would hate on this guy. What he's done is great... and done before, kinda.
DeeJay*CASPER 4:44 AM - 30 July, 2011
my bad, i though he was the guy from the Esurance commercials…lol
Papa Midnight 7:27 AM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
why would we "hate" on this guy?
-he's a legit producer, playing a free show, on a flat-bed truck!
too bad the crowd got out of hand and they shut him down early...

+1
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah totally, I've listened to his stuff for about 8 years, I imagine he's got a huge following by now right, particularly as he's gone a little bit more mainstream in that time too. He only gave a few hours notice about the gig via Twitter, but I suspect he under-estimated his following and the power of Word-by-Twitter :-)

Most definitely.
DJ Lewshis 12:54 PM - 31 July, 2011
Oy Vey.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:00 PM - 31 July, 2011
Yo, he just rolled up on a Flatbed with a Clubload of speakers, and rock for 7 mins?

In the street?

And rolled OUT?

Gangsta all day.
RAYSH 5:21 PM - 31 July, 2011
are those funktion 1's on a truck? that is gangsta
Bigga Bounce Ent 5:41 PM - 31 July, 2011
So is this hollywoods version of Caribanna? lol
Crickett 2:05 AM - 1 August, 2011
he could of tried this in Chicago.... but, of course he would have gotten jacked at 4 minutes in...Now if he had done this on the back of a sayyy a 10 speed... The "Greenie" hipsters in Wicker park would have rallied around him and formed a human shield...LOL
DJ Jonasty 3:08 AM - 1 August, 2011
NIce, used to live in Wicker park..haha, Kascade is sick though, too bad he couldn't of played for longer.
Wazo 3:14 AM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
Yo, he just rolled up on a Flatbed with a Clubload of speakers, and rock for 7 mins?

In the street?

And rolled OUT?

Gangsta all day.

agreed