Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

crashing

Product
The Bridge
Version
Ableton 8.2.2
Scratch Live 2.2.2
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
kaydeelethal 10:51 AM - 27 July, 2011
Product: thebridge
Version: 8.2.2_2.2.2
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

My scratch live crashes on switching on the APC40... what would be the cause?
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 3:41 AM - 29 July, 2011
Hi kaydeelethal,

Have you read the article on 'SETTING UP YOUR AKAI APC40 FOR USE WITH THE BRIDGE' ?
here: sera.to

You will also need to disable the APC 40 as a MIDI controller in Scratch Live so that there are no possible conflicts.

Let me know how you get on and we'll take it from there.
kaydeelethal 6:51 AM - 30 July, 2011
Hi, I apparently had switched off my APC40 after a continuous crash the first two times. Still, I encountered the same issue. About ableton, my machine/ scratch live/ ableton (I dont know which is what) refused to appear in the scratch live window so am currently using the APC to midi map the scratchlive sound & video effects. wasn't even using ableton on experiencing this. However, I have gone through the link you gave me & will reset evthing as per the article. incase of any other experiences, I will get back to you.

With Regards,
Kaydee
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 11:03 PM - 31 July, 2011
Hi kaydeelethal,

Cool, let me know how you get on.
kaydeelethal 7:40 AM - 1 August, 2011
Hey Tony,
Think I figured the problem. Apparently, ableton seems to be the main reason why I was encountering all this . I just uninstalled the software & my mac is fine, used Serato all night Saturday & Sunday without any shitty experiences. Sad thing, I can only use the APC for a sampler because I have had problems with ableton ever since I started off with the trial version. I will however try get someone with the CD to install as I assume the downloads may not be stable enough.

All in all, I am greatful for your CONTINUED COMMUNICATION, IF ONLY all providers would have the same support like you guys, we dont need to meet each other for solutions. am humbled !!!

With MOST regards
Kaydee lethal
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 2:49 AM - 3 December, 2012
Hi kaydeelethal,

Hope all is well with your Serato setup, I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Anthony