Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

NEW VERSION OF VIDEO SL!

jacksinnett 10:43 PM - 23 July, 2011
NEW VERSION OF VIDEO SL! Serato need to get this sorted! Alot of people disappointed that no effort has been made for customers that now feel they've wasted their money on VSL and now making the move to Mix Emergency!
tomatoslice 11:52 PM - 23 July, 2011
every time i read the title of these i am surprised and think "OH, maybe i was wrong."

nope
Dj Bacik 3:11 AM - 24 July, 2011
You sir are an assassin on my hopes and dreams. Dick.
jacksinnett 11:05 AM - 24 July, 2011
Sorry guys! But proves my point that people want this bad right!?
tomatoslice 11:15 AM - 24 July, 2011
any desire from me to see a new version of vsl is so the speculators will stfu.
will it be as bad ass as they think?!?

i am VERY happy with what i use and it has never been beaten. #1
so what do i care about vsl?
jacksinnett 11:18 AM - 24 July, 2011
@tomatoslice What do you use instead of vsl?
tomatoslice 11:30 AM - 24 July, 2011
Mix Emergency for the past 2 years.
jacksinnett 11:36 AM - 24 July, 2011
This proves my point, VSL is so far behind now! Why has nothing been done about it when so many people have spent $$$ on the sofware expecting the best from Serato!
DJ Dub Cowboy 8:39 PM - 24 July, 2011
I want to see VSL pick up extra decks a la SL3/4 + 68
DjChris"DaDoc" Roberts 11:26 PM - 25 July, 2011
The whole reason I went with the Rane TTM-57sl was to use VSL... With other options on the market I just dont know what I am going to replace my TTM-57sl with... options are open. While I am a serato guy I expect a little better support and advancement. I do not want to get left behind..

If I had a mac I would be using MixEmergency...
DJ'Que 5:17 AM - 26 July, 2011
even a were working on something would be nice
Crickett 5:55 AM - 26 July, 2011
Not sure what's happening over @ Serato HQ.. They seem to be really quiet.
jacksinnett 10:45 PM - 26 July, 2011
@DJ Dub Cowboy Really good suggestion, that would be awesome!

@DjChris"DaDoc" Roberts I know exactly how you feel, very frustrating that loyal customers of Serato are getting left behind to competition. I expect the best from them, if not that then atleast an effort!

@DJ'Que @Crickett Cheers for your opinions and support here guys, just hoping we can get some sort of feedback from a Serato Rep on here soon!
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:06 PM - 26 July, 2011
would be nice to see SOMETHING from Serato. I asked about it at NAMM and was told that something was in the works, but 7 months later....
VJ Justin Allen 12:55 AM - 27 July, 2011
It takes 9 months to birth a new baby :)
Crickett 3:49 AM - 27 July, 2011
Quote:
would be nice to see SOMETHING from Serato. I asked about it at NAMM and was told that something was in the works, but 7 months later....

Come on now... According to the Bible Thumpers it only took God 6 days to create the planet.. Come on Serato.. Your better than that! LOL
nickythedj 4:59 PM - 13 August, 2011
I just switched to mixemergancey updates are better and recording made so easy i wish SL-V would step it up
djpuma_gemini 6:52 PM - 13 August, 2011
vsl is dead
djdalite 1:57 AM - 15 August, 2011
shit i bought VSL just cause i had credit at G.C. - the box is collecting dust and i havent even installed it

still not sure if i should get rid of it, would love some of the same features as M.E
Dj Ace 6:04 AM - 15 August, 2011
VSL is NOT dead...just getting a make over...
DJ-Phat-AL 6:38 AM - 15 August, 2011
Quote:
VSL is NOT dead...just getting a make over...

like when someone is about to get buried after they die... mortician makeup.
Mister P 4:18 PM - 15 August, 2011
It seems like they want to forget about us!
djpuma_gemini 6:03 PM - 15 August, 2011
muerte
DJMisterE 5:53 AM - 17 August, 2011
There will be NO New Serato VSL Just Move Over To Mix Emergency & Better Your Sets Instantly. Kinda hard to make a new VSL when you get rid of that department don't you think??

Just Sayin
dj garcia 5:58 AM - 17 August, 2011
lol!
Dvj Flash 6:46 AM - 17 August, 2011
anyone spending the money on VSL is wasting it.... fact is they quit supporting video dj's a very long time ago.. and hey thats cool, leave vsl on a backburner concentrate on making serato better we need a stable platform to sync with our Mix Emergency. Fact is they are so busy building itch so that it can "automix" tracks for the wannabes that they completely disregarded video. Hey thats cool too... Now here is the dirty little secret that most people either dont know, or dont want to say out loud.

YOU DO NOT NEED VSL TO RUN MIX EMERGENCY!

Yeah I said it... and I got pics up on my fb page proving it. Look in my serato settings album. You MUST download the demo version of VSL to import "movie" files into your library, but you do not need to input the purchase code.

I figured this out AFTER I had paid for VSL. Serato 2.1 was a disaster as we all know, crashed my ish BAD. I deleted all of my serato files and backups (the program not music) and deleted Mix Emergency just to be sure I started from a clean slate. I downloaded 1.9.2, and the VSL demo, but I could not find my VSL code at the time. I downloaded Mix Emergency 1.5 at the time, and opened it up without my VSL code. Guess what everything works. Now quit wasting that $200 and just get Mix Emergency.

(If you doubt me, download the demo version of VSL, and go to inklen and get the demo of ME, and run them... it works)

Of couse I know this will ruffle feathers so you can expect to see a "fix" for this in the next public release version of Serato.

www.facebook.com (proof is in the pics)

bet this post doesnt last long.
dj garcia 6:51 AM - 17 August, 2011
Can i get a refund?
Dvj Flash 6:56 AM - 17 August, 2011
bwahahahahaha no sorry. Im never sharing my vsl code cause truth be told, vsl was first... and I dont necessarily regret paying for it. Im disappointed that shortly after I got on VSL they quit worrying about video, but hey MAYBE one day, they will step it up, and i'll use it again. till then, go M.E. - (unless your entering a competition against me then by all means stay on VSL)

;)
FunkyRob 11:02 PM - 17 August, 2011
Quote:
There will be NO New Serato VSL Just Move Over To Mix Emergency & Better Your Sets Instantly. Kinda hard to make a new VSL when you get rid of that department don't you think??

Just Sayin

Curious how one outside of the company would know how a department was eliminated.

Any truth to this? You got connections? You know people who lost their job in New Zealand?

Inquiring mind wants to know.
DJMisterE 11:22 PM - 17 August, 2011
I got this info from several sources (1) the guy who was the VSL department (2) higher ups at Rane (3) several beta testers for the products

I don't post info that is not verified. Not my style
Dvj Flash 11:44 PM - 17 August, 2011
+1
skinnyguy 12:42 AM - 18 August, 2011
YOU DO NOT NEED SSL TO RUN MIXEMERGENCY EITHER.

it's a standalone program....that can work WITH ssl.
Dvj Flash 7:29 AM - 18 August, 2011
true you dont NEED it... but it was built specifically to piggyback... and its pretty helpful ;)
djcrap 2:41 PM - 18 August, 2011
Quote:
I got this info from several sources (1) the guy who was the VSL department (2) higher ups at Rane (3) several beta testers for the products

I don't post info that is not verified. Not my style

well that makes sense if you put the dots together

1 nathan no longer works for serato
2. all vsl help requests are being answered and attended to by only Rane employees

if that is not evidence enough then i don't know what is..
tomatoslice 4:45 PM - 18 August, 2011
someone should tell the itch people.

btw i heard a recording from a serato employee that stated there was "no plans" for developing video to itch or an update for vsl yet.
djpuma_gemini 5:35 PM - 18 August, 2011
better bet for ME to go to itch
Dj Ace 5:40 PM - 18 August, 2011
we shall see!
tomatoslice 5:46 PM - 18 August, 2011
serato would have to allow ME to work in itch.
what are the chances?

nick would have to work out a deal with serato.
what are the chances?
djpuma_gemini 5:52 PM - 18 August, 2011
bigfoot, loch ness, skinny kirstie alley?

about that doubtful
DJ-Phat-AL 6:25 PM - 18 August, 2011
but there is photographic evidence that those above do exist at one time anyways...
tomatoslice 8:08 PM - 18 August, 2011
dang, wud be nice to see those pics
FunkyRob 1:15 AM - 19 August, 2011
here's a video

Watchwww.youtube.com
FunkyRob 1:18 AM - 19 August, 2011
So, Nathan got a twitter or anything? I wonder what he's doing now then.
FunkyRob 1:22 AM - 19 August, 2011
that was easy, found him. says "ex-developer at Serato". Damn.
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:51 AM - 19 August, 2011
link?
tomatoslice 3:32 AM - 19 August, 2011
nz.linkedin.com

that's proof enough he does no work at serato anymore.
tomatoslice 3:36 AM - 19 August, 2011
twitter.com!/nshgraph
djpuma_gemini 3:50 AM - 19 August, 2011
not there since march.

So safe to assume that they haven't said anything cause they are probably looking for someone to replace him.
VSL paved the way for Mix Emergency.

Well, I think I'm going to sell my vsl serial while I still can.
DJ Dub Cowboy 3:56 AM - 19 August, 2011
James V has also left Serato recently and he was the main developer on Scratch Live.

big transitions in NZ
tomatoslice 7:20 AM - 19 August, 2011
from me
@nshgraph we miss you at VSL :(

and his reply

@TomatoSlice likewise! But I did add some really great stuff before leaving that, when ready, I'm sure they will release.

interesting.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:14 AM - 19 August, 2011
Hey guys got some interesting NEWS!!!!

RANE has now dropped all Video -SL Support (as in technical support) Support is from now on handeled by a department in SERATO.....

could this be good news??? i.e serato now has staff working on video-sl??? also with glenn on the boards hhhmmmmmmm
tomatoslice 12:33 PM - 19 August, 2011
or could it be bad news?
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:10 PM - 19 August, 2011
ya true lol..... My guess is that for ITCH as video is coming to itch they will most likly as it makes sence to rename and brand Video-SL as just Serato Video (Sure they may have some fancy name)

And it would be then Serato Video 2.0 and would work with Scratchlive and Itch on windows and Mac OSX.

So they have got ALOT of work todo make new features and also make it work on two OS's and loads of hardware combinations. But as Itch 2.0 is finally out it SHOULD free up some resources to start on Serato Video.

In many itch threads and videos it has been said the bridge is coming in 2011 so i guess they will work on that first then Serato Video in 2012 but fuck ya that would mean Scratchlive users would have gone TWO years without an update.

again this is just what i would expect to happen.
djpuma_gemini 2:36 PM - 19 August, 2011
Quote:
from me
@nshgraph we miss you at VSL :(

and his reply

@TomatoSlice likewise! But I did add some really great stuff before leaving that, when ready, I'm sure they will release.

interesting.

SSL 2.3 haha
djpuma_gemini 2:37 PM - 19 August, 2011
no video for itch.
FunkyRob 5:22 PM - 19 August, 2011
man, this is crazyness
skinnyguy 6:35 PM - 19 August, 2011
Quote:
Hey guys got some interesting NEWS!!!!

RANE has now dropped all Video -SL Support (as in technical support) Support is from now on handeled by a department in SERATO.....

could this be good news??? i.e serato now has staff working on video-sl??? also with glenn on the boards hhhmmmmmmm

well, Rane only deals with the HARDWARE aspect of things. what part of Rane hardware is in VSL?
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:05 PM - 19 August, 2011
They used to provide support just like they do scratchlive software. But this week they have been posting on video sl help that they no longer support it and they have to wait for serato, then a guy from serato does. Just saying what iv seen thats all.
Castle Blood 11:32 PM - 19 August, 2011
i spoke to rane and asked why they dropped support for vsl.
they said it was a request by Serato about a week ago. they are getting ready for a new vsl and they have never been exposed to customers or the problems that they have. to better educate themselves about whatreally is going on and the common questions. they may think it is a small problem but if a 100 call about it, that's actually a big problem.

that's kind of the motivation behind it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:57 AM - 20 August, 2011
Thank you see i wasnt talking shit lol
Dj Ace 3:24 AM - 20 August, 2011
Hate to say it...but ummm tried to tell yall
tomatoslice 6:53 AM - 20 August, 2011
the thing is what Rane says and what Serato does and says are 2 different things.
i believe it was in november or december rane told me that in january serato would be working on a vsl update and releasing it soon after.
djnak 6:39 PM - 20 August, 2011
Quote:
well, Rane only deals with the HARDWARE aspect of things. what part of Rane hardware is in VSL?

the disc and stickers?
djnak 6:41 PM - 20 August, 2011
but really do anybody except the few people that are STILL using vsl care if they update...We all know if they update M.e. will update also and crush the competition once again lol
skinnyguy 6:49 PM - 20 August, 2011
even if vsl doesn't update, me still will
djnak 7:01 PM - 20 August, 2011
Quote:
even if vsl doesn't update, me still will

Exactly
Code:E 4:23 AM - 1 September, 2011
Quote:
The whole reason I went with the Rane TTM-57sl was to use VSL... With other options on the market I just dont know what I am going to replace my TTM-57sl with... options are open. While I am a serato guy I expect a little better support and advancement. I do not want to get left behind..

If I had a mac I would be using MixEmergency...

So you want todo video and you don't own a mac.... Time for you to drop serato altogether. I HAD (until last week) a HP laptop 6gbddr3, two internal 500gb 7400rpm harddrives core i7 gt230 1 gb ddr5 video card, and Video SL still ran like shit... BUT i also had virtual DJ installed on that computer and 2 other dj computer before that. In 4 Years djing a a night club every friday and saturday night not 1 crash EVER! Lesson to be learned if you use a mac buy M.E. if you use a PC use VDJ.
Ferran Capo 8:53 PM - 3 September, 2011
Sorry MB I'm really wrong, but I think there is always bug fixes on VSL... every new scratch version improves video stability... is this MiX emergency just for effects? Why is it so better than VSL? On performance I mean... ? Can some1 make a comparison and what they expect from VSL that is not there?
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:41 PM - 3 September, 2011
Mix Emergency uses less CPU than VSL and can do more. It also plays more file types.

The features that ME has over VSL have been requested for well over a year and a half also. they both work great but ME seems to offer more for your investment at this time.
SiRocket 9:50 PM - 3 September, 2011
i like how in me you can drag your preview windows where you want them to be :)
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:13 PM - 3 September, 2011
and split them up :)

www.facebook.com
tomatoslice 12:44 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
...every new scratch version improves video stability..

Laugh or cry?