Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Custom logo video transition :)

jbnyc 9:06 PM - 19 July, 2011
i wanted a custom logo video transition for a while, so i contacted Nike @ inklen and he told me they were not doing that at the moment :( so i contacted a very talented software developer overseas (he is from this forum but im not sure if he wants me to reveal his identity buahaha lol) and he made me my own custom video transition :) i was very happy with the outcome!

ok, its not really a transition,its really an effect but it works perfect as a transition, i guess i just need to map the effect button to a midi controller and presto!! in the video i did it manually thats why the transition lasts a little longer that it should but its ok to me since my logo has a website on it and it would give more time for people to read it, i uploaded it to youtube but them fuckers took out the audio due to copyright shit, heres a link on my blog...

www.videodjjb.com
djpuma_gemini 9:38 PM - 19 July, 2011
Nice
ta2423 10:05 PM - 19 July, 2011
+1
DjBoozie 10:40 PM - 19 July, 2011
That Is nice
ClubBusta 10:54 PM - 19 July, 2011
very classy man how much did that cost you?
jbnyc 1:48 PM - 20 July, 2011
Check your pm's clubbusta
djpuma_gemini 1:58 PM - 20 July, 2011
ahem, I'd like to know as well.
jbnyc 3:17 PM - 20 July, 2011
Hehe im not gonna say how much but it was Radikarl :) get your custom logo transitions guys!! x_0
djpuma_gemini 3:20 PM - 20 July, 2011
So will this load into ME like any other transition and you can use it just like you do in ME
radikarl 3:39 PM - 20 July, 2011
at the moment it is sort of a little hack, since i didn't find a way yet to do a real ME .plugin

at the moment it works the following:
load qtz as overlay, keep it there.

- 1 now slowly turn the qtz overlay up to 100 % <- this blends in the other video through your logo.
- 2 crossfade (this does nothing visible)
- 3 slowly turn qtz overlay down to 0 % <- this blends out the remaining part of the old video

i am trying to get it to work with the fader instead, such that:
1 does nothing visible
2 crossfades
3 does nothing visible
cause then you can leave it on and just crossfade as usual.

and what i would really like to see is the ability to do custom .plugin's for ME.
i am quite new to ME, since i have used VSL in the past, (now i will use both depending on the night, since all my QTZs are for VSL but ME has some cool features too...)

i guess i'll have to ask in the ME forums if custom plugins can be done.

i will keep you informed.
Cheers
djpuma_gemini 4:23 PM - 20 July, 2011
Awesome.
jbnyc 4:32 PM - 20 July, 2011
As an effect is very cool too,you can always turn the effect to 100 with the other channel closed and have a black screen with the video playing inside your logo for example,you can get creative with it...
xplycyt 1:17 PM - 21 July, 2011
tracking
Joshua Carl 2:40 PM - 21 July, 2011
is it a quartz or a png image overlay?

before I got mine i was doing something very simular.
I made a PNG file that was a reverse cutout.... purposeley make the edges a bit bigger than 640x360
mapped it in the preset for Overlays (same place I have my logos that spin in the corner)
when activated (I use the bass driven effect) the overlay pops over the video in reverse fashion (Like JB's)
you can use the knob .... to adjust the size so it thumps to the beat, without cropping.
now... if you could only add effects to the overlay channel!!!!
jbnyc 2:43 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quartz, post a video of yours JC, (nh,nm)
Karl W 9:51 PM - 22 August, 2011
Cool!
Dj TopDonn 3:33 PM - 21 October, 2011
Hi Radikal, any update on this. Thanks
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:39 PM - 21 October, 2011
Rebelguy 5:42 PM - 21 October, 2011
Quote:
Here's a few I did, Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

I give you props on the animation but I honestly am having some issues reading what they are saying. The design and colors are making it difficult to read.
Rebelguy 5:44 PM - 21 October, 2011
Were they done with Boris?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:12 PM - 21 October, 2011
I made em with Bluff Titler. I can make them transparent so you can lay them over the videos. I haven't tried to use them with VSL, still learning how the effects all work, lol! This company called Pangolin made a plugin for VDJ so I can resize the logo on screen and have some animated logos instead of the static logos.
jbnyc 4:19 AM - 26 October, 2011
but this are animated logos and not video transitions,just saying...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:24 PM - 26 October, 2011
True, but I didn't have to pay somebody to make mine ;-p
I'll just have to make some this weekend then.........
jbnyc 3:51 AM - 28 October, 2011
Quote:
True, but I didn't have to pay somebody to make mine ;-p

WTF?? what does one thing has to do with the other??

"look,i baked this cake and i didnt have to pay neither" lol
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:58 PM - 28 October, 2011
Wow you dudes are uptight around here........it was a joke bro.
jbnyc 5:28 PM - 29 October, 2011
Fuck your jokes!! LOL :P
djpuma_gemini 5:59 PM - 29 October, 2011
ill pay
nik39 8:30 AM - 10 November, 2011
Quote:
ill pay for sex

I wouldn't do that ;)

Seriously.. as long as the result is worth it.. I don't mind paying.
Joshua Carl 5:34 PM - 10 November, 2011
WE ALL PAY FOR SEX.....

it usually just goes through many 3rd party elements.

The cashier at the movie theatre
the waiter at the restaurant
the bartender at the club
the salesmen at express mens
the Barber who cut your hair.
the dealer for you rufees... of course with this one you can cut out all the others!!!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:26 PM - 10 November, 2011
So true, lmao!!
hoesh 4:55 PM - 10 June, 2012
i just discovered the possibility of custom video filters and fader behavior as i try to find out something else.. really cool topic
DjBoozie 7:53 PM - 10 June, 2012
has anyone had success make a custom transition that will work in M.E. yet?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:43 PM - 10 June, 2012
One of the guys over at VDJ just made a bunch of transitions thatll show your static logo when crossfading, its pretty dope! To bad we dont have anything like that................
skinnyguy 4:57 AM - 11 June, 2012
Does one zoom in and out like on the old batman tv show?
Niro 5:19 AM - 11 June, 2012
JBnyc, what is seattleclubbing, I live in Seattle and have never heard of it. thanks
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:03 AM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Does one zoom in and out like on the old batman tv show?

Yup......
Dj Nyce 4:06 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:

still working on custom effects and transtions. i've been busy with gigs and other things. i have some free time this week so i'm working on effects, transitions and maybe some more custom UI colors.
Marv Incredible 7:47 PM - 11 June, 2012
Free time? I think I can just about remember what that's like. :(
Karl W 8:31 PM - 16 June, 2012
Its not hard to make a transition logo quartz. Just need quartz composer and both a BW and WB JPEG/PNG Version of your logo:)
Dj_Nix 9:14 PM - 16 June, 2012
could you do a demo vid or a step by step walk through
SeriousCyrus 7:33 AM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:

I tried to make a couple, but they don't seem to work for everyone (they work on my config), you can give them a try...

dl.dropbox.com
dl.dropbox.com
Karl W 11:00 PM - 21 June, 2012
If you want me to make you 1 just hit me up on facebook:)
www.facebook.com

I can help you make you a quartz file that you load into ME QC slot, You change the transition to luma, turn on the quartz crossfade and at the end of the mix turn the quartz off.

This is just a basic logo transition and all I need it a black and white png file of your logo....
Dj_Nix 2:22 AM - 22 June, 2012
Quote:
If you want me to make you 1 just hit me up on facebook:)
www.facebook.com

I can help you make you a quartz file that you load into ME QC slot, You change the transition to luma, turn on the quartz crossfade and at the end of the mix turn the quartz off.

This is just a basic logo transition and all I need it a black and white png file of your logo....

not sure if its facebook or your privacy settings but I cant send you a message on facebook. i did do a friend request but I'd love to get some help since you offered
DjBoozie 1:33 PM - 22 June, 2012
Yo imma shoot you a faiths request on facebook. I would like to get a custom logo transition
Dj Nyce 1:02 AM - 9 July, 2012
Custom ME Effect
www.flickr.com

I call it Saving Private Ryan. It's a bleach bypass using the v002 Film Effects Plugin

working on some other Custom Effects and Transitions as well.
Dj TopDonn 4:10 AM - 9 July, 2012
Cool. I have not messed with QTZ for a little while. Last time I gave it a whirl and could not quite come up with what I was trying to get done which was a custom transition with my logo on it (probably what everyone else really wants). I did get probably 80% of the way done though. I'm able to see my logo mix in while using the dissolve transition in ME just need it to look as good as the custom one that Smash did but that's where I got stuck! I have attached the .qtz anyone with input feel free to comment

www.mediafire.com
Dj Weasel 12:51 AM - 19 August, 2012
I run win 7 home, can anyone help me?

I want to animate my logo too'
phatbob 1:55 AM - 19 August, 2012
No MixEmergency or Quartz Composer on Windows = no custom transitions for you, I'm afraid.
djnak 1:59 AM - 19 August, 2012
Quote:
I run win 7 home, can anyone help me?
'

start saving....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:42 AM - 19 August, 2012
Or just use VDJ, it has way more features then SV at this time. Plus it's stable and the timecode is great. I use but hang out here cause these guys seem to have a lot more knowledge when it comes to encoding, ripping, converters and such, lol! Yeah I know, that probably classifies me as a troll but until I get a Mac or SV catches up VDJ is where it's at when using a pc.
Dj Weasel 3:20 PM - 19 August, 2012
So basically, until I get a mac, I'm out of luck w/ anitmated image effect running win 7; is that what everyone is saying?
skinnyguy 6:12 PM - 19 August, 2012
....if u want to stay with serato.