Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Loops ON default

AKIEM 9:10 AM - 17 August, 2007
Yes I know this belongs tacked on to some or several discussions that I cant find right now.

There are situations where you want pre set loops to be on when you load the song. But plenty of reasons why you would not want them to be 'on' automatically. For me, playing with loops I end up leaving various scattered loops that would be hell if they where on automatically.

But what if we had an option for the only the 'locked' loops to default 'on' when you load a song?
AKIEM 11:07 PM - 18 August, 2007
And auto skip to next unlocked loop
Soulsonica™ 8:56 PM - 20 August, 2007
Bump. I need this badly. Right now I type reminders in the comments section of files to tell me if there's a loop I need to turn on and how many different ones there are. Locked loops that are IN by default would be a wonderful feature.
J.J. 11:33 PM - 20 August, 2007
Auto skip to Hot Start/Loops and Loops tied to Hot Starts are my 2 biggest requests.

Look at this image.
img207.imageshack.us
If the Loops were tied to the Hot Starts, you could easily see and select what Loops are ON all the time.
AKIEM 11:38 PM - 20 August, 2007
tru, Ive always thought cues and loops should be the same thing, even if we only got 5 loops

does anyone ever use all 9 loops, wtf?
AKIEM 11:18 PM - 19 February, 2010
This still annoys me to death.
I never save loops because when you load a song you have to go to the computer and check the loop situation.

If SSL would simply automatically jump to the next unused loop position - whenever you load a song looping would work the same - even if there were saved loops.
AKIEM 11:19 PM - 19 February, 2010
If anyone has a technique I dont know about, please enlighten me!
J.J. 4:37 PM - 24 February, 2010
I agree AKIEM. Why isn't there an option to default the next loop 'ON' when selected? I have a DN-HC4500 and assigned the 3 effect buttons to Next Loop, Previous Loop and Loop ON/OFF.

Tie Loops to Hot Cue www.poweronplay.com
We need a way to easily see:
.....*Where ALL the loops are on the track
.....*How many loops you have
.....*What time the loops starts
.....*What loops are ON or OFF
.....*Go from one loop to any other loop
.....*Able to differentiate them with a different color.
AKIEM 12:17 AM - 1 March, 2010
Does anyone save loops?
If you do - every time you load a song do you go check and see if there is a loop on it?
Because for me - it really fucking sucks to load up a song, let it run then at the exct moment tap on the loop, and nothing happens.
AKIEM 12:02 PM - 21 July, 2010
does anyone save loops?
AKIEM 12:51 AM - 30 December, 2010
Sighted in a study last week only 3.1% of all Serato DJs ever save loops to files. The study also indicated that a full 32% Serato DJs would immediately begin using the lock feature if this feature was implemented.
Mr Wilks 3:51 PM - 1 January, 2011
I use and save loops all the time. The Denon HC-1000S makes it hard when it locks up on the loops but i do use and save all the time.

+1
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 3:03 AM - 9 February, 2011
I wouldn't like to see loops tied to hot cues because I don't have enough loops and cue points as it is. In fact, I've taken to using my loop starts as extra cue points using the 'jump to loop' function, but this is far from ideal, especially because it's a keyboard shortcut and not natively midi mappable.

Yes I do sometimes use all nine loops and yes I do save them, but it's totally impractical to have to load a track, then scroll through the loops to see how many you have. And god forbid you're in a dark club and are trying to establish whether that's really a bit of green-shaded waveform you can see or whether it's just an optical illusion from all the ights and lasers around you. This is why I'd like to see loop markers above the waveform, the same way we get cue markers below it.

Something I really want is the ability to be able to tell which of my tracks have loops or cue points and which don't. And I mean from the library window.

If you've got ten tracks in a crate, this isn't a problem. Once you get halfway through adding loops and cues to a crate with hundreds or thousands of tracks in it, having to load up each and every track just to see if it's been modified yet is such a pain as to be impractical. As such, I've had to resort to moving tracks out into a separate crate but this isn't ideal for obvious reasons.

I actually hope I'm missing something and that there is such a feature already that I just don't know about yet, but I don't think so.

Didn't mean to jack the thread, and I think I'll go make a separate feature request for these, but they're kinda related, so I threw them in here whilst I was on the subject. But in any case, I too would like to see the option for SSL to 'remember' whether loops were on or off when the track was last played and then revert back to that state when next loaded.
+1