Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO LET A PLAYLIST PLAY WHILE DJing

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 + Numark NSFX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJChrisMark 4:29 AM - 16 July, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: numark-ns7||numark-nsfx
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.7
---

How do I set the NS7 to just play on "auto-pilot"? Sometimes at house parties and some bars I just want the playlists to go so I can enjoy the party, but I play a track and when it's over I can't get it to automatically play the next tracks! Please help I am new to this software. Thanks
BadBoyChubs 6:07 PM - 16 July, 2011
Look at left or right deck. there is "continuous" just click it with ur mouse, simple as that, jus look good, click off when u return. u aint wanna have it on while mix trust me.
BadBoyChubs 6:07 PM - 16 July, 2011
mixing**
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 11:10 PM - 17 July, 2011
Hi DJChrisMark.

Follow BadBoyChubs suggestion and see how you get on :D

Cheers BadBoyChubs!
DJ.Tyme 2:05 AM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
How do I set the NS7 to just play on "auto-pilot"? Sometimes at house parties and some bars I just want the playlists to go so I can enjoy the party, but I play a track and when it's over I can't get it to automatically play the next tracks! Please help I am new to this software. Thanks

it wont auto pilot though it will just go to the next song & your crowd will hear silence till the next song starts. this is the only reason i use VDJ at certain gigs. it has automix (smart fade) removing silence in between songs. ive been asking for this feature from serato but i see since ver 2.0 came out no luck :-(
DJ.Tyme 2:06 AM - 30 July, 2011
djchrismark what do u dj with ? i use numark ns7
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:17 AM - 1 August, 2011
It won't automatically MIX for you, but will play the crate in a continuous playlist.
DJ.Tyme 4:25 AM - 1 August, 2011
yeah matt but = it will just go to the next song and the crowd will hear silence till the next song starts. virtual dj has automix (smart fade) removing silence in between songs. it come in handy when you DJ by your self alot like i do. and sometimes i wanna go mingle and or when they bring me a plate of food i dont have to eat one bite b4 i have to load the next song. i dont want it to dj for me but its a great option to this is the (only) reason i use VDJ alot was hoping when i installed itch 2.0 it would have it ? but no luck :-(
thewevel 1:45 PM - 1 August, 2011
I've run into the same thing before and my solution was to use the headphone port of my Mac plugged into an extra channel of my mixer let iTunes play a playlist while I was taking a break.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 9:56 PM - 1 August, 2011
I hear ya DJ-Tyme. This is a feature request a lot of mobile DJs have requested, so is on our list.
I can't promise when however, but I'll close this thread down as a feature request to add more ammo to the request :D