DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Can you connect a QFO to the TTM57?

Mr.Nice 11:41 PM - 14 August, 2007
I'm trying to connect my QFO to the TTM57 and use it with Serato.

I tired just outputting from the main outputs on the QFO and the signal is too low...

I've come acroos this old post
www.scratchlive.net

But couldn't really work out the answer...

Has anybody seen this done?
nobspangle 7:18 AM - 15 August, 2007
Using the 57 as a mixer is fairly easy, just connect the master out from the QFO into one of the inputs on the 57 and set that input to line on the DIP switches.
However this will mean the QFO is functioning as a standard turntable.

Using the QFO as a mixer:-

1. connect the headphone output from the QFO to input 1 on the 57 set the input to line on the DIP switches.
2. Set phono/line select on channel 1 of the QFO to phono and turn the channel 1 line fader down to 0
3. Set the monitor select switch on the QFO to PGM 1
4. connect the booth output from the 57 into the LINE 2 input on the QFO and set phono/line select on channel 2 of the QFO to line.
5. Make sure the crossfader and line fader on the 57 are open.
6. Connect your amplifier to the master output from the QFO

You should now be able to use the QFO or the 57 to cut with. To monitor plug your headphones into the 57.

With a bit more tweaking of this arrangement it might be possible to play two tracks through the 57 and only have one go through the QFO.
Mr.Nice 12:28 PM - 15 August, 2007
I might not be following...

I managed to connect the QFO to the TTM57 by just plugging in the output of QFO to the AUX input of the TTM57, I can get all 3 turntables going at once.

Problom is... I want to control SSL with the QFO.

I play in a band, and I want to just take QFO and control with SSL by plugging my QFO into the TTM57

Makes sense?
nobspangle 9:53 PM - 15 August, 2007
There are two options I've listed them above, one option you use the 57 as your mixer so you cut with the 57 crossfader, the second option is using the QFO as your mixer so you cut with the QFO crossfader.
Mr.Nice 11:17 PM - 15 August, 2007
Will these options allow me to control serato from the QFO?
Dj Snaptec 11:53 PM - 15 August, 2007
yes they will!
Mr.Nice 12:16 AM - 16 August, 2007
Nice! I will try this tonight.
rap_50 2:58 PM - 16 August, 2007
hey guys i know that the new version of the QFO LE called QFO LEDX has a phono thru so you can connect your sl 1 to the unil here is the link from power djs japan its in japanese use this site to translate the content of the site babelfish.altavista.com here is the powerdjs website item.rakuten.co.jp

note:

to site admin if my post violate any rules of our site my apologies and pls remove my post. thanks!
Johnny 1 Move 10:29 PM - 16 August, 2007
You could always open up your QFO and wire the cartridge outputs to extra phono's that you stick in the back panel.

And maybe patch in to the cross-fader control voltage and wire it in to the expression pedal input of a keyboard and have a midi-fader in your QFO...?

I really hope this works or I've just ruined my QFO ;-)
Mr.Nice 12:42 AM - 17 August, 2007
Did it work for you Johnny?
Johnny 1 Move 7:32 PM - 17 August, 2007
yes - the phono output I wired in works perfectly :-)

still need to test the crossfader control voltage to midi input....
cheeba (the believer) 3:15 PM - 23 August, 2007
Quote:
Using the 57 as a mixer is fairly easy, just connect the master out from the QFO into one of the inputs on the 57 and set that input to line on the DIP switches.
However this will mean the QFO is functioning as a standard turntable.

Using the QFO as a mixer:-

1. connect the headphone output from the QFO to input 1 on the 57 set the input to line on the DIP switches.
2. Set phono/line select on channel 1 of the QFO to phono and turn the channel 1 line fader down to 0
3. Set the monitor select switch on the QFO to PGM 1
4. connect the booth output from the 57 into the LINE 2 input on the QFO and set phono/line select on channel 2 of the QFO to line.
5. Make sure the crossfader and line fader on the 57 are open.
6. Connect your amplifier to the master output from the QFO

You should now be able to use the QFO or the 57 to cut with. To monitor plug your headphones into the 57.

With a bit more tweaking of this arrangement it might be possible to play two tracks through the 57 and only have one go through the QFO.

sadly this doesn't work. by my estimation it should... but it doesn't :(

the file plays backwards-ish. i tried switching the rca's over (so they are wrong) and it plays but is very unresponsive... could it be a signal issue? this is out of my tech league i think... may have to go for the qfo 'modification' ;)

s
nobspangle 5:01 PM - 23 August, 2007
What do the scopes look like and what's your tracking percentage?
Awedamn 2:42 PM - 10 June, 2008
Why cant the QFO work like a normal turntable - they both have outputs?
I have the orginal one btw. What should I do to mod it?
Awedamn 8:14 AM - 11 June, 2008
Since the signal from the record is converted when it goes through the QFO mixer and is not recognized by Scratchlive, couldnt you just have a different coded record so when the signal is converted it will be converted into the correct signal? Id rather get a mod record than mod the QFO.
Mr.Nice 3:11 AM - 15 June, 2008
I still wasn't able to get the QFO going with SSL and kind of gave up on it.. I'm not the biggest tech head and fear stuffing up my QFO by modifying it..

Let me know if you can work out a simple option
nobspangle 8:46 AM - 15 June, 2008
I still think it should be possible using the methods I have described but I don't own a QFO so I can't prove it.
Mr.Nice 12:47 AM - 16 June, 2008
I'll give it another go..
Awedamn 1:59 AM - 16 June, 2008
Have you tried a phono converter? I dont know which one to get.
gesc1200 3:44 AM - 30 August, 2008
I have this same problem.. I've hooked up my QFO LEDX to my 57SL, the record plays, and you can listen to songs, but when it comes to scratching there is serious lag time/ digital gargle with the vinyl control record. I tried adjusting the buffer settings with no luck. Vestax, claims this is a fully functional unit for use with Serato, but I dont think it was truly tested effectively.

If there is anyone out there who can scratch on their QFO LEDX using a Serato Control Record.. please let me know how you've accomplished this task.

THANKS!
DJ ESC
wakka 11:12 PM - 9 September, 2008
interesting clip

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr.Nice 5:40 AM - 11 September, 2008
Very interesting!

thanks for sharing this.
Johnny 1 Move 4:09 PM - 14 September, 2008
Not as invasive as my version -> Watchuk.youtube.com

but mine doesn't have a wire hanging off the tonearm!
Johnny 1 Move 4:11 PM - 14 September, 2008
Just watched the second part of the vid... he did do the same as me too...
Mr.Nice 10:40 PM - 14 September, 2008
Johnny 1 Move, can you post some more info on how you actually did this?

I'd rather not have the wire hanging form the tonearm..

Also, are you able to mix 2 decks with QFO or just scratch on one?
Johnny 1 Move 8:57 AM - 15 September, 2008
It's as easy as taking a feed from the tonearm wires in the QFO out to some phono sockets drilled in to the case (make sure you don't break the original connection - just split it...)

I haven't got the time to take the QFO apart again and do a detailed how-to, and I don't want to do a half-arsed job cos people might break their QFO if I miss something out!

It's quite easy if you can solder a bit though - you just need to find the wiring color-coding for the tonearm wires from somewhere.

As for mixing - I never actually tried but it should work with Serato's on-screen reverse switch.
nik39 10:14 AM - 15 September, 2008
Quote:
interesting clip

Watchwww.youtube.com

Is this AKIEM's cousin?

Nice video and very stylish scratc combo!
MBLL 6:49 AM - 31 May, 2014
Have anyone got the Vestax Qfo working with a Serato mixer like the Sixty One, Ttm 57, sixty two etc.?