Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Wanted Features

kza 12:08 PM - 19 August, 2004
Hello

I had the chance to test the scratch live for 4 weeks now, and i have some feature suggestions

1.: Why not implement a 3rd or even 4th player-not controllable by the timecode-vinyl?
as i am a user who is mixing with 3 decks at a time eventually, i`d be interested in a player, where i can 1st mix my 2 tracks (lets say 2 instrumentals). after that i would like to "drag" (or by pushing a certain button) the track to a 3rd player, which takes all the values previously set (like gain, pitch...). after that my vinyl-controlled player is free again, and i could match an acapella onto those 2 instrumentals.
pro: the software has a 3-deck control (i can mix 3 tracks at a time
con: i can imagine this is hard to implement, because of the internal mixing of the 2 instrumentals has to be done by software then; this would call for a fader or poti for gains to match the volume afterwards.

2: I would appreciate it a lot if i could loop some material from the wav im playing. i think this feature is very well designed in a competing product (dont want exploit:-).

pls tell me what u think and if such things are on the road.
thx
djpetey 1:00 PM - 19 August, 2004
Ive thought about that too.... I have no idea how it would work, but one suggestion I was thinking about was a third line out that can plug into a aux in (like on the ttm56).... this would allow you to throw on an instrumental and toss it on to the third line which would leave both your tables open.... obviously, itd be in internal mode and you would be able to do anything with it once it was there, but it could be kinda hot
nik39 1:03 PM - 19 August, 2004
Check

forums.seratoscratchlive.com

There are some ideas.