Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Problems with ultra fx and also midi set up xml file

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djdsk 5:13 PM - 30 June, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.2.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl3
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.7
---

1 ultra mode fx , if i put the roll out (fast) on the right deck works fine if i put the same fx on the left it doesn't work the same way . If roll out (fast) isn't on the right deck then i can use it properly on the left . Does this mean you can use the same effect at the same time on both decks?

XML as serato wont let you use two different buttons on a midi controller to control the same function i took to editing my own xml sheet , so i can do this . I also wrote my own xml for the denon hc1000s as i use it just for fx and files and also use dicers . The problem is i have to make sure the xml file is READ only otherwise serato writes over it . I also have to load it every time i play , why is this ?

Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:59 AM - 5 July, 2011
Hey djdsk,

I can't seem to reproduce this on my end. Are you sure you have assigned the correct decks to the effect in the section to the right of the On button?

In terms of the .xml file for MIDI, did you create a new preset first in the MIDI tab of the setup screen in Scratch Live and then edit this, or did you create a new .xml document from scratch?

Cheers,

Sam.
djdsk 3:37 AM - 5 July, 2011
Sam

Ill check the FX again today as regards the xml .

As i have tried many times to assign the same button to the fx ultra on button which cant be done what i did was .

1-Make a new xml called reset in the serato midi setting then load this so that no midi is set .
2-Set the fx on button in midi and save this as a new xml set fx on
3-Go to Fx on .xml and open in text editor and save the xml code for the midi in another text file called extra code
4-reload the rest xml in serato so no midi i set and set all my midi controller , then save this as final.xml in serato
5-open the final.xml sheet and add the code from extra code file i saved in 3
6-make the final.xml sheet read only so that serato cannot overwrite it
7-make sure every time i start serato i load the final.xml sheet

I also used this method to re-edit the user channel 4 midi on my denon hc1000s , for some reason serato doesn't see the midi keys whilst shift is held in . SO i had to set the buttons and manually add the shift modifier code by hand .