Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Free Quartz Composition: "Logo Animation"

radikarl 4:22 PM - 22 June, 2011
Since more and more people ask me to design a Quartz Logo for them and i don't have the time for that, i decided to create something generic.

LogoMojo

This is a Set of five QTZ Compositions, all of them have in common that their purpose is to animate your personal logo as an audio-responsive video in Video-SL.
They do not work properly outside of Video-SL, but as always, that could be done if there is interest for it.

Release Notes:

Released under CC BY SA 3.0 (creativecommons.org) by radikarl (www.toka-disco.de)

Instructions:

- Download and unzip the file at the end of this post.

- Create a logo (an image file) in black and white only. (see sample content)

- For the Knightrider composition, use black and transparent instead. (see sample content)

- Now put that image in the folder with the same name for each QTZ file.
NOTE: If there is more than one image in the folder, the first one (in alphabetical order) is chosen.

- If not already done, open ScratchLive and VideoSL.

- Attatch one of the compositions as video in Serato Video SL to an audio-only file.

- You might have to unload and reload each track after setting the composition to make it load your logo as video, this is an SSL bug (seems to happen only in offline mode)

Result:

- You will see your logo interacting with the music

Disclaimer:

Everything is provided "as is", no guarantee, no responsibility, use at your own risk.

Please respect the Authors rights.
Released under CC BY SA 3.0 (creativecommons.org) by www.toka-disco.de

Donations:

Donations (Paypal) are appreciated and motivate me to develop new stuff.
donate@toka-disco.de

Download: www.toka-disco.de
radikarl 5:13 PM - 22 June, 2011
radikarl 5:14 PM - 22 June, 2011
Note that you can of course also use all of these INSIDE of the QTZ Slider for automatic swapping: serato.com
nik39 6:10 PM - 22 June, 2011
Nice work!
djpuma_gemini 6:51 PM - 22 June, 2011
will this work in Mix Emergency
radikarl 6:55 PM - 22 June, 2011
this version not, since it uses data inputs from VSL.

i would have to make one with other inputs. i could do that but i don't have ME since i am a VSL user.
DJ'Que 6:59 PM - 22 June, 2011
hay can you make on with a random selector. say you have more than one logo and you want it to go thru all the logos. so can you make it random select or select in the order.
DJBIGWIZ 7:26 PM - 22 June, 2011
great stuff
radikarl 8:13 PM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
hay can you make on with a random selector. say you have more than one logo and you want it to go thru all the logos. so can you make it random select or select in the order.

Quote:
Note that you can of course also use all of these INSIDE of the QTZ Slider for automatic swapping: serato.com

qtz slider will then automatically swap, if you configure it to do so in random order, as well as alphabetical.
after a time which you also can configure.
have a look at the link in the quote.

furthermore, you can use mutliple copies of every LogoMojo,
remember, only rule to comply is
foldername = composition name.

(this means you can copy e.g "knightrider.qtz" and "knightrider" (folder),
rename both of them to "myR.qtz" and myR (folder) and both knightrider as well as myR will work.
now put both these qtz and both these folders in the qtz sliders folder, give them different images and you are done)
radikarl 8:16 PM - 22 June, 2011
i realise this reads glibberish.

what you need is, all in one folder::
qtz_slider.qtz
/qtz_slider/ (<-- this is a directory)
/qtz_slider/knightrider.qtz
/qtz_slider/knightrider/ (<-- this is a sub-directory)
/qtz_slider/knightrider/image1.jpg
/qtz_slider/knightrider2.qtz
/qtz_slider/knightrider2/ (<-- this is another sub-directory)
/qtz_slider/knightrider2/image2.jpg
Dj Nyce 3:59 AM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:

i would have to make one with other inputs. i could do that but i don't have ME since i am a VSL user.

if you decide to update for ME, the inputs are listed here: www.inklen.com

i have made several qtz's using these inputs and they work great. also ME can use qtz's as an input in deck 1/2 or as an overlay. when used as an overlay most of those inputs are not available.
simonak 12:56 AM - 25 June, 2011
amazing work, cant wait to try these out :)
DJ Tanner1 12:07 PM - 28 June, 2011
cool
Dj TopDonn 8:47 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

if you decide to update for ME, the inputs are listed here: www.inklen.com

i have made several qtz's using these inputs and they work great. also ME can use qtz's as an input in deck 1/2 or as an overlay. when used as an overlay most of those inputs are not available.

Getting the logo animation working on ME would be great. Dj Nyce... I saw an example qtz u loaded up on another thread that had some good logo animation. Im looking to get something along those lines to complement what ME already has.
mxmbrown 12:27 AM - 2 June, 2016
Hi,
Does anyone know how i can get or download the folder? The link is not active because the domain it was being hosted on is for sale.
I would appreciate any help. Or is there an updated one available?
Thanks in advance

Download: www.toka-disco.de
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 1:05 AM - 2 June, 2016
Hey mxmbrown,

You can hit up Radikarl here:radikarl.de

Peace out,

Ant
radikarl 1:00 PM - 2 June, 2016
yeah i dropped the domain. too similar name to a well known DJ
also the project has ended.
but sure, message me on Facebook or email and I'll try to help