Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark NS6 Scratching Latency, none....

dj pesh 1:37 PM - 16 June, 2011
Just a quick video to show that there is virtually no latency when scratching on a numark ns6, and the feel is great if you normally scratch on the cdj's. Anyways im no good at scratching but this is a short video to demonstrate that there is no latency....

youtu.be
DJdaveZ 5:32 PM - 16 June, 2011
does any itch controller have poor latency?
dj pesh 10:13 PM - 16 June, 2011
well years ago i use to own a vci 300 and i hated the jog wheels and i found there to be some latency with them. i sold them after 6 months and didn't really like itch based on that product. Once i herd the video capability coming to itch and pioneer making a controller i thought why not try it. Also i her really good reviews about the ns7 and the v7 so i wanted a new product and the numark ns6 fit the bill. My next buy will be a pair of v7's

I can only judge on the 2 itch products i have owned and i did not like the vci 300 but love NS6.
JDforKing 1:17 AM - 17 June, 2011
I have a ns6 and 2 v7s, i like the v7s better. Both are quality products, and i don't mind itch at all.
j.brew 6:19 PM - 23 June, 2011
This is something that I'm struggling with currently...I have the NS7, TRAKTOR S4, the NS6, as well as pioneer CDJ-800's and 1200's...tossing out the cdj's and the turntables the NS7 is by FAR the best for scratching...can't say enough good things about it, very natural feel - I absolutely love it for so many reasons but still don't really wanna toss it in the belly of a plane and it's too big to "carry-on". I was really hoping the NS6 would be as well since it's much more "portable" for a traveling dj...unfortunately I have not found that to be the case. Not even close. i don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I have checked the latency settings and I am still just getting a horrible result scratching on the NS6...I'm not a fan of the s4 pressure sensitive micro platters, that said however, i get a much better result from the s4 than I do with the ns6...really don't want to return this since i am a career serato guy...but in the current state there is just no way i see draggin the ns6 out anywhere...hopefully i am missing something??

thoughts??
dj pesh 7:09 PM - 23 June, 2011
J.brew are you using pc or mac?
j.brew 7:22 PM - 23 June, 2011
macbook pro 13"
2.7GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
512GB Solid State Drive
JDforKing 7:38 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
This is something that I'm struggling with currently...I have the NS7, TRAKTOR S4, the NS6, as well as pioneer CDJ-800's and 1200's...tossing out the cdj's and the turntables the NS7 is by FAR the best for scratching...can't say enough good things about it, very natural feel - I absolutely love it for so many reasons but still don't really wanna toss it in the belly of a plane and it's too big to "carry-on". I was really hoping the NS6 would be as well since it's much more "portable" for a traveling dj...unfortunately I have not found that to be the case. Not even close. i don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I have checked the latency settings and I am still just getting a horrible result scratching on the NS6...I'm not a fan of the s4 pressure sensitive micro platters, that said however, i get a much better result from the s4 than I do with the ns6...really don't want to return this since i am a career serato guy...but in the current state there is just no way i see draggin the ns6 out anywhere...hopefully i am missing something??

I agree, i have a pair of v7s and they have much better response than the ns6

thoughts??
dj pesh 11:46 PM - 23 June, 2011
On the PC there are 2 latency settings, 1 within the program, and 1 on the numark control panel. On my MBP i think it chooses the best settings and i have no latency, also your spec is better than mine j.brew. Is the latency really bad on your mac? meaning you cant scratch on point?
j.brew 11:55 PM - 23 June, 2011
yea, it feels very much the same as having the latency in serato way to the right instead of the left. like, I miss the points in the sample that I'm trying to hit...and then I'll go to the ns7 (just to make sure I'm not just having an off day or something) and I nail it with no problem just as I would on turntables, etc...I'm not sure what the deal is...otherwise i really like the ns6 but scratching is a necessity for me...

i also think the volume faders are a bit too close to the x-fader, but that doesn't bother me nearly as much :P

I would be really interested to hear some other cats that have been scratching for years on all sorts of equipment chime in...I haven't really found much on the subject in general...
DJ gin drop 5:39 PM - 22 November, 2012
I was experiencing latency issues with my ns6 system and assumed it was my laptop bogged down with music and turned the latency all the way up and noticed an improvement right away. Ill give it a real test soon and keep y'all posted!
Kittmaster 3:56 PM - 23 November, 2012
While I agree an NS6 and 7 are two different animals, I've yet to see any NS6 latency when scratching. Odd to say the least.
Foday stanley 11:36 AM - 23 September, 2013
hey guys am new to serato Dj, i use numark all my life, i recently bought ns6 comes with serato DJ , only problem is i dont know how to use samplers straight from my dj controller without using my pc and how to activate Slip mode straight from my ns6, i be more than greatful if anyone can help.
DJ Sixco