Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Crates or I-tunes playlists??

jrsdakota 8:29 PM - 15 June, 2011
When I got my V7's and my laptop I installed I tunes first and noticed that I tunes links up with Itch. My question is whats better, to use crates in serato (which I havent set any up) or use playlists in I-tunes? Any feeback would be awesome!!
yeahdef 9:12 PM - 15 June, 2011
It's purely your personal preference. You might ask yourself "Where will I spend most of my time managing playlists?"
I prefer the iTunes-only route, but some people like the flexibility of crates.

It's up to you dakota!
dj pesh 12:00 AM - 16 June, 2011
If your going to be playing MP4 files (for the audio) through itch i would suggest to create crates within Itch. If you have MP4 file in iTunes and you run that in scratch live, the files show up but in itch the MP4 files don't show up. I think they will be implementing this compatibility soon....
jrsdakota 2:14 PM - 16 June, 2011
One thing I have noticed is that if you have some tracks you want to load up immediately and Itch is open, you can downsize Itch and upload files to a crate without closing itch. Thus continuing to play music. If you are using I tunes for files, you would have to load those files to I-tunes, but for Itch to see them you would have to close Itch and re-open thus you would have to stop playing music, unless you have another player or MP3 player setup through your mixer.
djcerla 2:26 PM - 16 June, 2011
CRATES
DjBrianDowling 11:59 PM - 16 June, 2011
If I could get away from not using serato or itunes I would... the very fact that a lot of people have to use another piece of software to manage their music is wrong, dj software should have a brilliant music management system or at least one with options that the user can change

I hate itches database system.

When I bring my new music into my gig music folder I then have to go again and ether put them into crates or playlists on itunes.

Managing your music should be simple and fun, personally id love to be able to bring it into my music folder and have it automatically update in serato database
jrsdakota 3:23 PM - 21 June, 2011
I agree 110% Thats something that someone should capatilize on!! I have over 300G of music and a lot of times I have to go through and clean it. A good program should collect ALL the general info form a music source like Amazon (example), and label tracks or even CD's. It would be a lot easier to search for music, especially by category!!