DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Video-SL for Serato Itch? Is this true?

DJ Tecniq 6:19 PM - 15 June, 2011
So I was at Sam Ash yesterday pickin up some new CV's. My other purps are warped so I got some new ones. Anyways I was talking to the dude @ Sam Ash about the Numark NS7 I demo'ed it for a bit looks pretty dope but I heard the NS6 is built stronger and more reliable. I asked him why they didn't have the NS6 on display instead of the NS7 he said some sam ash stores already have the ns6 and they just haven't gotten them yet. Anyways as we were talking he said soon as Video-SL comes out for Itch everyone will want to get Itch instead of Serato Scratch Live for the portability and less latency. I was like what...? I said how do you know video-sl is gonna be compatible with Itch. He said it's in developement and will be available soon. I was like omg your kidding. He said no it will be available to use with Itch. Now someone plz correct me if I'm wrong of what i heard...Is this true?? I really want to know. I been doin more mobile gigs recently and would love to use Video-SL with Serato Itch and will prob purchase the NS6 around my b-day in October if this is true. Anyone know???
DJ Tecniq 6:24 PM - 15 June, 2011
He also said Serato Itch will be compatible with VSL & The Bridge! I have no idea how he got this information. But i'd like to know if that's true.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:36 PM - 15 June, 2011
it's true...eventually video and the Bridge will come to Itch.
DJ Tecniq 6:43 PM - 15 June, 2011
Quote:
it's true...eventually video and the Bridge will come to Itch.
Damn I couldn't find any info on this before I posted. This is like the ultimate solution for any dj. Not having to lug turntables around & mixer. However one thing I dislike about this unit. The pitch is not on the same side as a turntable. I'm very used to this. I'm a full lefty so normally i used my left for the turntable and my right for pitch. This will be difficult for me to get used to. I guess they designed it that way cause the mixer would get in the way. Still a solid unit built from metal. The NS7 has NOTHING on the NS6. That's amazing video sl will work with itch. It defeats the purpose of ever needing a turntable or even the SL boxes. I can't imagine how many ppl are trying to sell there shitty NS7's...lol
DJ Tecniq 6:50 PM - 15 June, 2011
The pitch knobs are on the outside of this unit. That will take some getting used to for me. Others not so much I guess..why Numark :(
DJ Tecniq 6:52 PM - 15 June, 2011
If I were to get this unit I would personally have it custom made to have the pitch on same side of eachother. However I see that would be very close to the mixers faders which is prob their reasoning why the put the pitch on the outsides.
Dj Shamann 7:03 PM - 15 June, 2011
So Tecniq, I'm guessing you use your turntbles in proper formation (disco style)?

I use "battle style" but when I'm on 3700's the pitch sliders are as you describe, on the right side of the platter on either deck.

When I used the VCI the pitch control being on the outside was the last thing I noticed (granted they are more up top) but I don't think it will be noticeable as you think once you get into it.
DJ Tecniq 7:10 PM - 15 June, 2011
Quote:
So Tecniq, I'm guessing you use your turntbles in proper formation (disco style)?

I use "battle style" but when I'm on 3700's the pitch sliders are as you describe, on the right side of the platter on either deck.

When I used the VCI the pitch control being on the outside was the last thing I noticed (granted they are more up top) but I don't think it will be noticeable as you think once you get into it.
No i use them in battle style which is still adjusting pitch with my right. It's crazy that I'm actually considering selling my turntables just for this unit..however I'm a full lefty and have always adjusted pitch with my right. I can't imagine how it would feel to adjust the pitch with my left for the left side of this unit...just doesn't seem natural to me :(
Dj Shamann 7:19 PM - 15 June, 2011
Oh okay sorry yeah with you being left on the platter I could see why it may be uncomfortable, but it's really just a crossover like I would do on the right deck.

I have yet to touch the NS6 (still waiting on them to reach the city even though we're one of the largest in the continent, they still haven't hooked us up) but on the VCI which was not my kind of controller, the pitch was the least of my worries.
DJ Tecniq 7:42 PM - 15 June, 2011
Quote:
Oh okay sorry yeah with you being left on the platter I could see why it may be uncomfortable, but it's really just a crossover like I would do on the right deck.

I have yet to touch the NS6 (still waiting on them to reach the city even though we're one of the largest in the continent, they still haven't hooked us up) but on the VCI which was not my kind of controller, the pitch was the least of my worries.
That would be the solution, i have crossed my hands before on turntables so I guess it wouldn't be that bad and it's only for one side. Agreed it is not a big deal about the pitch but for me using turntables and adjusting pitch always on the same side..Hell I even have Numark Axis 9's cd decks and the pitch is on the same side and still trying to sell them lol...
DJ Tecniq 9:34 PM - 15 June, 2011
I also noticed though the Pioneer DDJ-S1 has the pitch on the same side. They created alot of spacing to make it work that way to use both pitch on the same side which i think is key. But the downfall of the Pioneer DDJ-S1 there's no booth out. Complete fuck up on their part so Numark wins in that area.
tomatoslice 2:38 AM - 21 July, 2011
as soon as video comes to itch i am done with ssl.
sooooo sick of carrying the weight of turntables.
i'd take am ns7 or ns6 any day.

i think i can get used to wear the pitch is on anything. it's just a matter of time.
the Twitch controller has the oddest control of the audio and pitch adjustment that i have seen so far.
DJ Tecniq 2:41 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
as soon as video comes to itch i am done with ssl.
sooooo sick of carrying the weight of turntables.
i'd take am ns7 or ns6 any day.

i think i can get used to wear the pitch is on anything. it's just a matter of time.
the Twitch controller has the oddest control of the audio and pitch adjustment that i have seen so far.
LOL. im thinking exactly the same thing. I'm tired of lugging my tables to every gig. esp mobile. I would much rather get the ns6 though since it's made of metal unlike the ns7
tomatoslice 2:43 AM - 21 July, 2011
BUT having the pitch the way it is for an ns7 and ns6 really does not make any sense.
might as well get 2 v7's

BTW, you can get an ns7, ns6 and most jog wheel controllers to work with ssl.
you just have to hack the coding. it seems pretty simple.
tomatoslice 2:44 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
I would much rather get the ns6 though since it's made of metal unlike the ns7

the ns7 turns tho, i dont think the ns6 does.
DJ Tecniq 2:46 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I would much rather get the ns6 though since it's made of metal unlike the ns7

the ns7 turns tho, i dont think the ns6 does.
you are correct but the platters on the ns6 are built more rugged and i'd rather want a 2 channel. I have a 4 channel pioneer djm700 and use but only 2 channels.
tomatoslice 2:57 AM - 21 July, 2011
man, it's a toss up. 2 channels on the ns7 or better platters and more controls on the ns6?!?

i hate having more than 2 channels. what's the point??
but i'd love a LOT of controls. who wouldn't??
DJ Tecniq 3:01 AM - 21 July, 2011
My bad I thought the ns6 was the 2 channel.. so i'd prob get the V7's instead i mean i already got a mixer :)
www.pssl.com
DJ Tecniq 3:04 AM - 21 July, 2011
It spins just like a turntable too! dopeness but are they better than technics?? I say we create a poll in the forum

Watchwww.youtube.com
tomatoslice 3:25 AM - 21 July, 2011
my only issue:
a deep scratcher or tablist will notice the dif between a 45 and a 12inch.

the timing on the outer portion of the 12 is more precise.

one feature that is missing, from what i can tell, on jog controllers is an ability to change the distance moved by the platter to the timing of the audio.
in other words, if you make a full turn of the deck you should be able to change the timing so that it will que through a full minute of audio or something as small as one second or any length of time.

this feature can help the people that are keen on 12 inch control and help in many other ways.
DJ Tecniq 3:31 AM - 21 July, 2011
All good points but this thing is just too nasty. And Numark makes quality products not their turntables but the V7's which are basically the NS7 without the mixer are going to put numark on the map.

Watchwww.youtube.com
haze324 3:53 AM - 21 July, 2011
The V7's are awesome and up until last month they had them for 299.00 a pop with mail in rebate.

The NS7 is dope, but don't kid yourself --- that thing is heavy to transport. The NS7 is a much better portable system, but it's still not fully bug proof just yet.

Also the NS7/V7's DO NOT work with SSL. It's been tried.

NS6 - possible. Don't know.
DJ Tecniq 4:23 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
The V7's are awesome and up until last month they had them for 299.00 a pop with mail in rebate.

The NS7 is dope, but don't kid yourself --- that thing is heavy to transport. The NS7 is a much better portable system, but it's still not fully bug proof just yet.

Also the NS7/V7's DO NOT work with SSL. It's been tried.

NS6 - possible. Don't know.
Yeah I know they are all just serato controllers for Itch. I really want them but here's the downfall. I sell my technics get the V7's them now what am i gonna with my 1000 piece vinyl collection?
tomatoslice 7:08 AM - 21 July, 2011
Rich in Illinois 4:49 PM - 11 September, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com Here is the best idea I've seen to do with vinyl records. ;-)