DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

iPhone display uses windows

DJ XTC 4:24 AM - 3 August, 2007
gizmodo.com

i hope this is not a repost, but click the link
its kind of funny
dj disturbed 4:42 AM - 3 August, 2007
lol... i think its funny b/c that not an apple store.... its a cell store and they are going to get the cheepest thing to do what they need.... also in one of the post on that site someone said.... yeah apple uses windows and has sence b4 they started b/c bill gates wrote the mac os...... I guess they dont know that bill gates STOLE the mac os for windows AFTER the mac had first came out.... but he was working with apple... but only to get pre-released versions of the mac os. But bill gamtes got ahead b/c he made windows work OK on alot of diff computers... and mac only focused on making the mac os work PERFECTLY on only a few computers that they also made to work with the software!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:05 AM - 3 August, 2007
Quote:
lol... i think its funny b/c that not an apple store.... its a cell store and they are going to get the cheepest thing to do what they need.... also in one of the post on that site someone said.... yeah apple uses windows and has sence b4 they started b/c bill gates wrote the mac os...... I guess they dont know that bill gates STOLE the mac os for windows AFTER the mac had first came out.... but he was working with apple... but only to get pre-released versions of the mac os. But bill gamtes got ahead b/c he made windows work OK on alot of diff computers... and mac only focused on making the mac os work PERFECTLY on only a few computers that they also made to work with the software!

Half right - half wrong.

Snag a Movie called Pirates of The Silicon Valley - VERY INTERESTING.

The story goes Apple was developing the Macintosh, the computer that "would change the world" in the early 80's but Steve Jobs knew for the Macintosh to be a success it would have to have some Business software on it so Steve gave Microsoft a fully working Prototype Mac so they could develop Excel for the Mac.

Gates and the Microsoft crew developed Excel but also stole most of the code for the Mac Operating System and developed Windows. That is basically why Windows is the success it is today, a poorly copied version of the Mac OS.

As in this clip, both companies saw a OS at Xerox Park that was a early GUI that both companies STOLE...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Geek lesson 101 over...
dj disturbed 5:13 AM - 3 August, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Half right - half wrong.

Snag a Movie called Pirates of The Silicon Valley - VERY INTERESTING.

The story goes Apple was developing the Macintosh, the computer that "would change the world" in the early 80's but Steve Jobs knew for the Macintosh to be a success it would have to have some Business software on it so Steve gave Microsoft a fully working Prototype Mac so they could develop Excel for the Mac.

Gates and the Microsoft crew developed Excel but also stole most of the code for the Mac Operating System and developed Windows. That is basically why Windows is the success it is today, a poorly copied version of the Mac OS.

As in this clip, both companies saw a OS at Xerox Park that was a early GUI that both companies STOLE...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Geek lesson 101 over...

yes... I have that movie.. and that.. along with a few other sources is what i was ref. BUT mac didnt steal the os for Xerox.... they stole the use of "input devices" like the mouse and a few others from Xerox... they were already working on the GUI... I HAD an Apple IIgs that used the FIRST mac os (befor they called the OS macintosh) but you had to boot up from a floppy to get it to run in the GUI..... if you wanted to run a program...you either had to reboot or use a 2nd floppy drive.. They bought the GUI from someone else and then refined it to work they way they wanted
cappinkirk 8:29 PM - 3 August, 2007
2 words

"oregon trail"

apple IIe
shiestO! 8:56 PM - 3 August, 2007
Quote:
2 words

"oregon trail"

apple IIe

OH HELL YES. i would always hunt as much as possible. that game seriously, seriously rules and i wouldn't have ever thought of it again unless you just said that.

tip of the hat.
DJ Evil One 9:06 PM - 3 August, 2007
as a kid growing up in Oregon, Oregon Trail seriously ruled. it also taught me that my parents came out west on a wagon train and that i had some relatives that died from diharea on the way out. poor family.
shiestO! 9:58 PM - 3 August, 2007
Quote:
as a kid growing up in Oregon, Oregon Trail seriously ruled. it also taught me that my parents came out west on a wagon train and that i had some relatives that died from diharea on the way out. poor family.

hahahahaha i don't think "diharrea" was a cause of death. there was "cholera" and maybe "dysentery" but no squirts! who dies from the squirts!!??!
DJ Evil One 10:19 PM - 3 August, 2007
you can get so dehydrated from diharea homie!