Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

GOING INTO SYNC MODE

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1 +
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Christophlex 3:07 AM - 18 May, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.8.0
Hardware: pioneer-ddj-s1||no-fx-controller
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.7
---

WHEN SYNC IS NOT SELECTED FOR EITHER PLAYER, IF I PRESS THE SYNC BUTTON ON THE TRACK THAT WAS JUST LOADED IT MAKES THE SONG PLAYING OUT SKIP. ALSO IF I HIT THE SYNC BUTTON ON THE TRACK PLAYING OUT IT SKIPS AS WELL.

THIS HAPPENS WITH BOTH BEAT GRID ON AND OFF. MY NS7 DIDN'T DO THIS.

IS THIS A 1.8.0 SOFTWARE GLICH OR A PROBLEM WITH THE CONTROLLER?
dj NiCk DiCk 8:10 PM - 18 May, 2011
im guessing software, but i get it also.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:35 AM - 19 May, 2011
Hey Christophlex,

This is actually a known bug. However I believe this only happens if :
- Once of the tracks has a beatgrid and the other doesn't
- Sync isn't on yet for either deck and you press 'sync' on the deck that HAS the beatgrid.

Does that make sense? From what I understand you should only get the bug if the above two criteria is met.

Can you confirm this? Or does it act differently for you? If so, can you please give me the exact steps you would take to reproduce this.

Christophlex 4:58 AM - 20 May, 2011
It happens as you said but with beat grid enabled as well was disabled. As long as both players don't have sync already on, once you press sync on either side the song skips. Glad to hear it's just a bug and I'm sure you guys will work it out. Until then I'll just have to stay away from sync. Other then that the Pioneer by far is the best controller out there.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:49 PM - 23 May, 2011
Okay thanks for the info. This 'bug' doesn't actually exist with the next version of ITCH which is 2.0. This is because the way Sync works in 2.0 has been improved/altered. It's a lot easier and bugs like this won't be a problem which is great! You can check out the 2.0 preview video here if you haven't already : serato.com

Quote:
Until then I'll just have to stay away from sync. Other then that the Pioneer by far is the best controller out there.

Definitely, I love DJing with the DDJ-S1. The 'Slip' mode function is amazing I use it all the time these days!

I'll close this thread now but if you have any other questions feel free to re-open it :)
Christophlex 4:20 PM - 24 May, 2011
When will 2.0 be available?
JonnyLove 10:54 AM - 25 May, 2011
Never.

not really it is due out in the 4th Quater so October onwards (wow just in time for BPM show). (hopes)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:52 AM - 27 May, 2011
JonnyLove is correct, it will never be out.

No. But actually, it will be out in the third quarter of this year. Can't be any more specific than that right now but it's closer than you might think ;)
Christophlex 5:47 PM - 30 May, 2011
Here is another minor issue. If I am moving the pitch controller on either side and happen to slightly lean on it, it sometimes makes the track skip. Why is that?
dj NiCk DiCk 4:11 PM - 1 June, 2011
You need to increase your cache then. Your computer isnt handeling the real-time processing well enough.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 5:39 AM - 2 June, 2011
Quote:
Here is another minor issue. If I am moving the pitch controller on either side and happen to slightly lean on it, it sometimes makes the track skip. Why is that?

How hard do you have to lean out it for it to do this? Really hard or just lightly? It might just be that the it bumps the platter just a tad and Scratch Live picks this up.

When this happens what happens to the waveform? Does it disappear? Have you build overviews for all your songs?
6:00 AM, 16 Jun 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.