Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

VIDEO SL support in Itch for Midi controllers

BOOGIEFROMCUR 2:03 AM - 15 May, 2011
I run SERATO video sl with pioneer 2000 decks and the 800mixer (with HID and midi support) and I am extremely happy with the performance HOWEVER now that the midi controllers are coming out from Native instruments and Pioneer I was looking in making my life easier.
BIG SURPRISE... SERATO itch doesnt support VIDEO sl so a midicontroller is useless?
I would not mind paying extra for video sl support integrated in Itch.
At mobile gigs and big shows I would like a watertight system without many cables, usb hubs, firewire externals etc. The midicontrollers are a huge solution.
Maybe a update on itch?
Maybe through a USB dongle?
Dont sleep to much on it because Native instruments is moving fast with Tractor upgrades and will be catching up...
Dj_Faze1 4:16 AM - 2 June, 2011
I agree that simplicity is a definite plus when performing at mobile gigs. I just took a look at the NS6 and it would be a slam dunk except no video sl. I got my 1200s with sl3 and mixer and it is more work getting set up vs. just plugging in my mixtrack. Itch and Video Sl will be on point. I still will rock the 1200s for underground parties (i.e. people who appreciate and respect turntable work vs. the mobile party crowd that is there for the cake).
DeeJay Image 12:32 PM - 2 June, 2011
This is a big time request for ITCH and has been request time and time again on the ITCH forum... I'm sure Serato is doing what they can to add video to ITCH along with adding features such as the Bridge.

The best place to post this is in the ITCH forum though since SSL can't work with ITCH.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 5:32 AM - 29 September, 2011
I also forgot to add that if they (RANE) does not act FAST, SERATO video software will be passed by and become outdated compared to other software products which at this point DO work with those midi controllers (and all different set-ups)
Also to say that the best place to post this is in the itch is understandable but I am not an itch user and I am making this point primarily as a scratch user trying to explain to RANE what I also need to become a itch hardware customer..I need to have both integrated as ONE "comparable" package... cause when I walk in in a club with a installed dj/vj booth there must be almost NO difference in setting up and playing in comparison to me setting up a "big" outdoor mobile gig with for example the pioneer based midi controller for serato. At this moment if I want to play video in a club I grab my laptop, serato box, wires, midi-usb wire etc and I can play video on their system (most have pioneers). Good thing..But at this moment I set up BETTER equipment during MOBILE gigs than most clubs have (my mobile dj booth = pioneer nexus + pioneer 2000's), believe me... I rather have a self contained midi controlled system "comparable" to my NEXUS + 2000's system for those mobile video gigs. It's faster and better if it's build right. And I am NOT talking about a scaled down version with less effects, small led readouts, no monitor out etc which is the case now with most midi-controllers.
DeRajj 4:23 AM - 22 November, 2011
I use Numark NS6 and Virtual DJ only because it supports video playback.
Virtual DJ is v7.05 now & it is very good but could be better if it has some of the stuff that makes Serato SL/VSL , Traktor & Torq better..... like colored waveforms, built in effects, easier controller mapping, naming the cue points, extra track markers... etc.
Each individual software has got its advantages & disadvantages.
Just wondering why all these softwares could not have all the advantages from each software built in to every software.
Virtual DJ 8 is coming out soon, just hoping it comes with everything complete & hoping for more.
Virtual DJ as it is now, is thought as a lame software many DJs although seriously it is not.
It could be a lot better and hope VDJ 8 addresses all its disadvantages.

I have used & own Behringer BCD2000, M Audio Xponent Torg 1.5.3/ 2.0.2, Traktor Kontrol S4 Traktor Pro 2 & Numak NS6 Serato Itch & Virtual DJ 7.05.

I really don't mind paying extra for the Serato Scrtach Live with Video SL if I can use it with and external controller that I own maybe the NS6.
I am waiting for the day for all these softwares to have video support (Traktor, Torq & Itch).

I love the way Itch works with NS6..... it lacks Video SL support....hope it comes soon.