DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What is the issue with 1.4 PP

DJ Yaz 4:15 AM - 6 June, 2005
I just logged on today and was terrified to read the disclaimer about version 1.4? What is the issue? Can I just avoid doing whatever causes this problem? Is no one else totally freaked out about this? Is rane/serato censoring discussion about this or am I missing the threads where everyone talks about this?

This is scary stuff, I depend on SSL and I need to know that problems like this will be handled promptly?
Revolutionary 4:39 AM - 6 June, 2005
LOL. What planet are you on, man? Censoring discussions...

They pulled it back only a few days after it was released. They then told us to go back to 1.3. There's basically nothing to talk about. The few unlucky fellers got sorted. Guess they were a little bit freaked out at first though.
Detroitbootybass 4:44 AM - 6 June, 2005
1.4 will be rereleased to the public soon, Yaz. No reason to freak out because the issue was resolved for the four people who had a problem. There were numerous discussions on this board, you'll just have to dig for them...
JohnDP1 5:08 AM - 6 June, 2005
i have the strange impression that Serato wants to implement P&T in the 1.4 release and they prefer to wait until that is ready...Nobody can tell me that they didn't solve the original problem in less than a couple of days.

Lets hope
djspicedham 5:30 AM - 6 June, 2005
Quote:
i have the strange impression that Serato wants to implement P&T in the 1.4 release

That would be dope, but where did you get this strange impression from? I would be really suprised if PnT became a reality in 1.4.
Lord Kaseem 5:55 AM - 6 June, 2005
Serato has been pretty straight up about it's updates. They could have charged for them....like others did. But they have given up 4 updates for free. I'm pretty sure they want to get the kinks out before they re release it.
Detroitbootybass 11:23 AM - 6 June, 2005
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they want to get the kinks out before they re release it.

Very true...
SpinThis! 12:25 PM - 6 June, 2005
shouldn't be long here until 1.4 drops...
JohnDP1 12:38 PM - 6 June, 2005
many posts say that P&T will come "soon" and in my opinion taking care of a bug that automatically updates the firmware of the SL1 on a few systems is not something that requires so many weeks, therefore i suggest the following scenarios:

1. Bug 1 is fixed but they discovered others
2. P&T is a matter of days away and instead of making a update, say, middle of June and then 10 days later implement P&T then they prefer to wait and release a whole package
nik39 12:56 PM - 6 June, 2005
Quote:
my opinion taking care of a bug that automatically updates the firmware of the SL1 on a few systems is not something that requires so many weeks

Pretty cool, maybe you can share some details about the source code of SSL.

Do you really think, that if it was simply one byte to change, that they wouldnt fix it instantly?

P&T will be implemented sooner or later, but definitly not with the release of 1.4.

Quote:
This is scary stuff, I depend on SSL and I need to know that problems like this will be handled promptly?

You depend on SSL, and you dont want to take a risk? DONT use 1.4 public preview 1. Simple as that. Dig the board, peeps who had problems with 1.4 and SSL have experienced the unbeaten customer service of Rane+Serato.
Revolutionary 1:57 PM - 6 June, 2005
What's the point in speculating things?
JohnDP1 6:11 PM - 6 June, 2005
man, i don't care if P&T comes soon or not, i even could stay with 1.3 till the end of the year. Its just fun to speculate, nothing more.

Sorry if i caused some trouble
bush 7:18 PM - 6 June, 2005
It is taking longer than I thought it would it to fix
Detroitbootybass 8:08 PM - 6 June, 2005
Quote:
It is taking longer than I thought it would it to fix

They are erring on the side of caution.
DJ Irv 10:04 PM - 6 June, 2005
Rushing the Serato programers will lead to shit software so I rather just let them be.
DJ Irv 10:04 PM - 6 June, 2005
Rushing the Serato programers will lead to shit software so I rather just let them be.
DJ Yaz 11:43 PM - 6 June, 2005
Thanks for the input guys. Ok so I have been using 1.4 since it came out with no problems. If I go back to 1.3 am I going to be ok or did I mess up the SL1?

I guess I had gotten lax about waiting for final versions to come out because the previews have been so good. I need to wait until the software is proven from now on.

DetroitBB, thanks so much for your response.
cutrix 12:43 AM - 7 June, 2005
no you wont mess up your sl1. Take it from me and butang. As we were suferers from the damaging of 1.4 But believe me, rane was on top of their shit on making us happy. Since then, my SL1 has been running flawlessly. No big deal, i was freaked at first but now im good. So to answer your question...nope it wont mess up your sl1 box. peaceeee homie
DJ Yaz 1:24 AM - 7 June, 2005
Thx!
eder 11:38 PM - 10 June, 2005
plus about the whole P&T thing, they said that was gonna be a paid upgrade....i've been usin 1.4 since it came out on my pc and it's been fine btw.