DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Cinco De Mayo (Biggest drinking day for bars/clubs) just one problem...

DJ Tecniq 6:57 PM - 4 May, 2011
So I have a friend who's a DJ and is going out of town to see family. He asked me to "cover" him at one of his spots for tomm night (Cinco De Mayo). I ask him what the payrate is he says $50 bucks. I simply say look bro I don't dj for less than $20 a night. That doesn't even get a full tank of gas in my car. He says I know man I was shocked when I first started dj'ing there cause that's the pay I've been getting. I said that's bullshit and we all need to set a price as dj's in our area. If we all asked the same price then these bar/club owners would have no DJ for entertainment. I said to pack up my turntables and mixer and DJ from 9-2 and get $50 bucks is not worth it. What are you guys thoughts??? He just asked me to cover for him today for tomm night. Thoughts anyone?? This should be good
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:01 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:

I ask him what the payrate is he says $50 bucks. I simply say look bro I don't dj for less than $20 a night.

then whats the problem lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:03 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:

entertainment. I said to pack up my turntables and mixer and DJ from 9-2 and get $50 bucks is not worth it. What are you guys thoughts??? He just asked me to cover for him today for tomm night. Thoughts anyone?? This should be good

m a bottom feeding bottom of the totom pole crap paid dj and I wouldnt even do it for $50, im getting to the point where what im gettin paid now isnt even really worth it
DJ Tecniq 7:05 PM - 4 May, 2011
Update: This is a new spot i haven't dj'ed at yet. There's a chance it could land me more gigs there. I've been there before and enjoy the environment and it's usually a good crowd. He's gonna try and see if I can atleast get $100. Should I take the gig if I can get $100 but what if they fuck me over?
DJ Young Herrera 7:07 PM - 4 May, 2011
You're not going to get more gigs there. If they only pay $50, they will fuck you over. Don't do it. Have some scruples.
DJ Jonasty 7:07 PM - 4 May, 2011
2 bills or me no dj
DJ Tecniq 7:09 PM - 4 May, 2011
And this thread is more directed towards (small town dj's) I don't want to hear from big city dj's about how much u make on a reg night like $200-500 it doesn't concern you. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:11 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
Should I take the gig if I can get $100 but what if they fuck me over?

i would

Quote:
And this thread is more directed towards (small town dj's) I don't want to hear from big city dj's about how much u make on a reg night like $200-500 it doesn't concern you. Just wanted to throw that out there.

+1 on this
DJ Tecniq 7:11 PM - 4 May, 2011
I know In bigger cities Dj's get payed more cause of the population of ppl. But I also have to work in the am @ like 7am (Friday) so this gig just doesn't sound worth it at all in every way you look at it.
DJ Young Herrera 7:14 PM - 4 May, 2011
if they provide the turntables, mixer, and speakers, do it for $150.
DJ Tecniq 7:15 PM - 4 May, 2011
And to mention it's Cinco De Mayo I should be getting double the pay then a reg night cause it's a huge drinking holiday. On st. paddy's the bars were SLAMMED here.
dj_soo 7:16 PM - 4 May, 2011
to be perfectly honest, in a lot of big cities, unless you're at the top of the top (be it skill or networking - usually the latter), it's not all that much better these days...
dj_soo 7:16 PM - 4 May, 2011
that said, the $50-$100 cheapskate gigs usually at least provide gear for you...
DJ Tecniq 7:17 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
No bar or club around here has their own equipment. My dj friend doesn't even have turntables he's just a laptop dj but he is good at what he does. I guess he asked me cause he knows I'd do a good job as I entertain and not just play music.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:19 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
And to mention it's Cinco De Mayo I should be getting double the pay then a reg night cause it's a huge drinking holiday. On st. paddy's the bars were SLAMMED here.

kinda depends......around my way the clubs are DEAD on cinco de mayo because the mexican restraunts throw huge partys, now if your spot is the center of a cinco de mayo event that will be drawign those crowds then you should be getting ALOT More than normal pay
DJ Tecniq 7:21 PM - 4 May, 2011
Only thing they have around here that's provided is the sound equipment. But I'm very comfortable using my own equipment anyway and always bring my equipment. I won't do a gig unless it's for atleast $100 - $150 or more. Like I'm doing a highschool dance May 14th from 8-11 and providing all sound & dj equipment + video mixing and the gig is $300. Mobile is where the money is dudes! Clubs can fuck off
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:23 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
No bar or club around here has their own equipment. My dj friend doesn't even have turntables he's just a laptop dj but he is good at what he does. I guess he asked me cause he knows I'd do a good job as I entertain and not just play music.

exactly, thats how i got stuck with the poor salary\situation i have now, my buddy called me up said djing was taking to much of his time and wanted to know if i would do it, i said sure, i talk to the owner and they say ok you can have his spot he gets paid X, so i say sure sounds good, so i take a tour of the place and she shows me their "equipment".......a PC with youtube itunes and frostwire and proceeds to show me how you can "mix" between itunes and frostwire using the volume sliders. I imemdiatley say naaahhh that aint happenin im gonn abring my own ish, but she refused to pay me more for bringin my own ish because she was paying for volume sliding and having real equipment wasnt really what she intended......sighhh
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:24 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
Like I'm doing a highschool dance May 14th from 8-11 and providing all sound & dj equipment + video mixing and the gig is $300. Mobile is where the money is dudes!

...........ok im from a small town situation too and im all about get what you can get........but $300 for all thats a lil low especially for a school function, not hatin just sayin
DJ Tecniq 7:31 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Like I'm doing a highschool dance May 14th from 8-11 and providing all sound & dj equipment + video mixing and the gig is $300. Mobile is where the money is dudes!

...........ok im from a small town situation too and im all about get what you can get........but $300 for all thats a lil low especially for a school function, not hatin just sayin
I agree it's in a school gym. Not a big school at all the last dance I did for them was a spring dance and it attracted a lil over 300 kids just by word of mouth threw the school. Their music dj usually does there dances and is a "press play" dj but when the kids knew a club dj was coming they all were down for it. And your right Bezzle it is a bit low but I can always make more profit selling glowsticks, glowbracelets I just ordered 400. Can charge $1-2 I'd make a good profit ;) hehehehe
DJ Tecniq 7:32 PM - 4 May, 2011
*music teacher* usually does there dances*
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:32 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree it's in a school gym. Not a big school at all the last dance I did for them was a spring dance and it attracted a lil over 300 kids just by word of mouth threw the school. Their music dj usually does there dances and is a "press play" dj but when the kids knew a club dj was coming they all were down for it. And your right Bezzle it is a bit low but I can always make more profit selling glowsticks, glowbracelets I just ordered 400. Can charge $1-2 I'd make a good profit ;) hehehehe

there ya go, thats a good idea
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:32 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
*music teacher* usually does there dances*

i just know that my friends younger sister was trying to get me to do their homecomming dance, it worked out perfect because since she was on the comittee i knew the budget before hand and knew what to ask for lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:33 PM - 4 May, 2011
oh btw the budget was $800 lol
DJ Tecniq 7:37 PM - 4 May, 2011
When I did there spring dance it was my first gig for the school as a certified vendor. I did 200 glowbracelets of their school colors last time and they were free. They were gone within the first 15 mins. Kids were pulling out there wallets thinking they had to pay for em got on mic and was like " lol..yo the glow accessories are free just take one. I came here to show you how I throw down" take em! the glowbracelets only costed me $30 bucks they come in tubes of 50 so it's def worth it.

www.extremeglow.com
DJ Tecniq 7:39 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
oh btw the budget was $800 lol
sweet man yeh the budget here for a homecoming/prom is $800-$1000 they are sooo worth it. If you can get in to dj a school event DO NOT turn it down. The bad thing u have to fill out all sorts of paperwork/background check and be a certified vendor in order to dj a school legally.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:41 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
When I did there spring dance it was my first gig for the school as a certified vendor. I did 200 glowbracelets of their school colors last time and they were free. They were gone within the first 15 mins. Kids were pulling out there wallets thinking they had to pay for em got on mic and was like " lol..yo the glow accessories are free just take one. I came here to show you how I throw down" take em! the glowbracelets only costed me $30 bucks they come in tubes of 50 so it's def worth it.

www.extremeglow.com

hell ya thats an awsome idea
DJ Tecniq 7:46 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
It seriously is. My lil brothers gonna be at the dance who goes to the school and he's gonna help sell em for me since i'll be dj'ing I told him i'll split the money even with him. I have no problem with being fair. I can't wait. Even if we sell all 400 glownecklaces/bracelets that's $400 extra i'd make from the gig. $200 for me and $200 for him...it's a damn good idea. Everyone loves glowsticks.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:05 PM - 4 May, 2011
you gotta be careful though its 2011, some kids gonna get caught with a tylonal and their gonna try to arrest you fro throwin a "rave" and encouraging drug use
DJ Tecniq 8:56 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
you gotta be careful though its 2011, some kids gonna get caught with a tylonal and their gonna try to arrest you fro throwin a "rave" and encouraging drug use
No rave music was played. And theirs cops that work the dance. So it's very organized. One prob we did have were kids were busting the glowsticks. And they were breaking to easily. The gym floor was neon green & yellow. lol but lil moppage fixed that up real quick.
DJ Tecniq 11:27 PM - 4 May, 2011
UPDATE: Back to the original topic. So I'm gonna do it for $75 they said if it's a busy night then they'll fork $100. All drinks are free and I didn't have plans for cinco de mayo anyway. I know im gonna get hated on for it but it's not always about the money it's about the music and creating that vibe. I'm gonna rock that gig like it's my last like I always do. I'm gonna go there tonight to check out the setup and introduce myself to the owner. I think a good impression is always a plus. I've been dj'ing for 10+ yrs I don't think i'll have a problem. Wish me luck! Let the hate begin :)
Dj Shamann 12:04 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I've been dj'ing for 10+ yrs I don't think i'll have a problem. Wish me luck! Let the hate begin :)

Isn't hate when someone is jealous of your shine? Trust me, nobody's jealous of you right now

;p
DJ Tecniq 12:11 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I've been dj'ing for 10+ yrs I don't think i'll have a problem. Wish me luck! Let the hate begin :)

Isn't hate when someone is jealous of your shine? Trust me, nobody's jealous of you right now

;p
You don't even know me Wow! that's pretty low. If you saw me dj then you would be jealous of me. Smartass :)
Dj Shamann 12:16 AM - 5 May, 2011
Well it was just a joke, but..

Quote:
you saw me dj then you would be jealous of me.

After reading this thread... I doubt it.

;)
DJ Tecniq 12:16 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

;p
And this had absolutely NOTHING to do with ppl being jealous of my shine I only said that because I knew some of you would prob think it's a bad idea and not worth it but in the area Im in that's what I deal with. The fact you even said that makes you look like a tool.
Dj Shamann 12:19 AM - 5 May, 2011
Dude, are you for real now? Fuck you're insecure...it was a joke. Trust me, nobody's hating on some small ass town Dj who plays for $75 and is afraid of playing Hip Hop for fear of riot. I don't care if you're Q-bert, nobody is going to "hate" on your situation, just laugh.

What are you a fat girl on Myspace? LOL @ saying hate in 2011.
DJ Tecniq 12:19 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Well it was just a joke, but..

Quote:
you saw me dj then you would be jealous of me.

After reading this thread... I doubt it.

;)
Until you have won a few dj battles then you have all the room to talk. Don't underestimate me. Where you live and how much money u make dj'ing doesn't mean a god damn thing. What matters is true skill. Show me something you've done that will prove me wrong. U wanted to be smart ass and open your mouth well then step up to the plate.
DJ Tecniq 12:23 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Dude, are you for real now? Fuck you're insecure...it was a joke. Trust me, nobody's hating on some small ass town Dj who plays for $75 and is afraid of playing Hip Hop for fear of riot. I don't care if you're Q-bert, nobody is going to "hate" on your situation, just laugh.

What are you a fat girl on Myspace? LOL @ saying hate in 2011.
Well i didn't take it as a joke it was a cheap shot regardless. I may be a small town dj but I guarantee you I am ten times a better dj than you ever will be and im not insecure im very confident in my statement :)
Dj Shamann 12:23 AM - 5 May, 2011
HAHAHA

Tell 'em why you mad son (since we're using cliche forum lingo like hate")

And yes, i'm sorry but it does matter how much I make, it doesn't make me a better Dj, but it damn sure makes me not jealous of what you haave to go through for peanuts. What are you 12?

Quote:
Show me something you've done that will prove me wrong

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 12:27 AM - 5 May, 2011
WOW..got anything else? scratching over a backing track. YOU are the fucking BOMB!
DJ Tecniq 12:28 AM - 5 May, 2011
What's very sad homie is my bedroom mixes have more views than yours will EVER have...LMFAO get on my level ;)
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 12:29 AM - 5 May, 2011
Just cause u got the connections homie means not a god damn thing.
Dj Shamann 12:31 AM - 5 May, 2011
And dozens of other TV appearances, hundreds of stage shows and by now thousands of club gigs to not be threatened by your aggressive stance.

And scratching over a backing track or not, that tour alone (not my first international with PE) is enough not to be jealous of you playing for 75 bucks...100 if your lucky in some dive bar where you can't play Hip Hop for fear of getting hurt.

This is not about you juvenile attempts at being a real Dj that I should be afraid of, it's about me laughing at you talking about hate, making a joke followed by ;p to make it apparent that it was a joke, and you acting like a little girl and getting your feelings hurt.
Dj Shamann 12:32 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
What's very sad homie is my bedroom mixes have more views than yours will EVER have...LMFAO get on my level ;)
Watchwww.youtube.com

Views? HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Like i give a fuck about views when there are thousands of people there in person watching me ev ery night.

You're hilarious.
Dj Shamann 12:33 AM - 5 May, 2011
ROTFLMAO @ views

HAHAHAHA
Dj Shamann 12:36 AM - 5 May, 2011
And LOL @ playing back a funkymix/culture shock bedroom set in retaliation to someone playing a a live international tour. It wasn't about skill in that, you just asked me to show you something I've done, there it was, and that's just a small thing but I don't keep videos of myself.
DJ Tecniq 12:36 AM - 5 May, 2011
I was being cool with you till you had to get lippy with me. I was disrespected by your incredibly immature comment. It was not a joke it was a stab at me. You think just cause you dj'ed for Public Enemy you're big shit? You are nothing but a fly on my nuts. You got where you are cause of the area you're in not cause of your skill cause that is def lacking from that video.
Dj Shamann 12:40 AM - 5 May, 2011
Getting lippy? HAHA you're a chauncey, plain and simple.

And again, it has nothing to do with me being a big shit because I don't think that at all, otherwise i'd dig up much more than that. It's about me not giving a flying fuck about who you think you are, but the fact that NOBODY could be jealous of what I've read in this thread.

now go DL a mixshow ingredient pack and plan your next Friday.
DJ Tecniq 12:40 AM - 5 May, 2011
The fact that you've done so much I actually thought you'd be a humble dude considering your so lucky. But you're letting your cockiness get the best of you. And no funkymixes were used in my mix.
DJ Tecniq 12:43 AM - 5 May, 2011
It's okay man the very sad part is you put me aside you in a venue together and I promise you I'd rock a crowd better than you ever could in your life. I'm not some fucking amateur u prick. Have respect for me as I've had respect for you. And btw your dj name makes u sound like some fucking indian god. Do you do rain dances at your shows?
Dj Shamann 12:45 AM - 5 May, 2011
Dude, I didn't say anything about anything I've done (and STILL haven't really) until you ASKED me to show you something, and as soon as I did you started acting like you're some higher plateau Dj because it still wasn't good enough for you.

And cockiness got the better of me? How do you figure that? Dude, "hate" got the better of you because as soon as I said something the sand in your vagina was too much for your wadded up panties, so you went on the offensive.

Don't take it out on me because you're upset about getting 50 buck gigs to the point where you start a thread about it and then saying "oh it's okay now" once they add $25
Dj Shamann 12:48 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I'm not some fucking amateur u prick.

And I am? I am a professional in eevery seense of the word as in this is all i do and don't need a 9-5, you do what again?

Quote:

Funny, this thread about your $50 gig in dicates you're not much more than that.

Quote:
And btw your dj name makes u sound like some fucking indian god. Do you do rain dances at your shows?

LOL and now you're going to get racist? I really did get to you.
DJ Tecniq 12:49 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Dude, I didn't say anything about anything I've done (and STILL haven't really) until you ASKED me to show you something, and as soon as I did you started acting like you're some higher plateau Dj because it still wasn't good enough for you.

And cockiness got the better of me? How do you figure that? Dude, "hate" got the better of you because as soon as I said something the sand in your vagina was too much for your wadded up panties, so you went on the offensive.

Don't take it out on me because you're upset about getting 50 buck gigs to the point where you start a thread about it and then saying "oh it's okay now" once they add $25
this has nothing to do with that whatsoever it's the comment you made towards me that no one is jealous of me cuz of my small paying gig. I'm not gonna take your bullshit. It was a cheap shot. It was very disrespectful. This thread had nothing to do with you since you make more money dj'ing I had stated that earlier in the thread that this thread was for small town dj's only.
Dj Shamann 12:54 AM - 5 May, 2011
Dude, you're taking shots at my name and my background, I clearly upset you more than you're admitting otherwise you wouldn't stoop to such amateurish shots.

That's like me saying "your name makes you sound like a knock off turntable except i didn't call you an ignorant white hick aftewards, although after you going the route you did it may just apply.

Quote:
this thread was for small town dj's only.

Public forum, post a thread, get a response, done deal.

Bottom line it was a joke followed by the appropriate ;p, yet you clearly have insecurity issues to escalate it this fast. Yet another thing that I'm not jealous of.
slimmjimm 12:54 AM - 5 May, 2011
I'm in a small town, and wouldn't touch that gig.
DJ Tecniq 12:56 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
And I am? I am a professional in eevery seense of the word as in this is all i do and don't need a 9-5, you do what again?
I work 2 fucking jobs and bust my fucking ass.

Quote:
living in a small town has nothing to do with being amateur whatsoever I know many bedroom dj's that are WAY better than half these big dj's u see at worlwide shows.

Quote:
And btw your dj name makes u sound like some fucking indian god. Do you do rain dances at your shows?
My whole point is don't take a cheap shot at me and not expect to get lashed at. I could care less who the fuck you are and how much u make. It doesn't mean a god damn thing
DJ Tecniq 12:59 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
well you don't live where I live everyones trying to save money cuz of economy. And im sure i'll make more considering it's Cinco De Mayo.
Dj Shamann 12:59 AM - 5 May, 2011
Dude, arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall.

Take a shot at me? If you think I took a shot then go for it, I'm a man.. I don't care, take 50 shots at me I'll laugh it off because at the end of the day I know who I am and where I'll be this weekend. But when you start making fun of a man because of a name, and then start bringing race into it, it shows me what type of a boy I'm talking to.
DJ Tecniq 1:07 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I never said you were an amateur. But the way you have been talking to me is very unprofessional.

Quote:
Funny, this thread about your $50 gig in dicates you're not much more than that
who are you to even say that? that means not a god damn thing. Because I take a $50 gig should mean I'm a piece of shit and looked down on? It's not about money to me. I work 10x harder than you do at perfecting my craft. I do this shit because I love it not necessarily the money.

Quote:
LOL and now you're going to get racist? I really did get to you.
Was racists but your name fit the description. You did get to me and it pissed me off. I don't take bullshit.
DJ Tecniq 1:08 AM - 5 May, 2011
Wasn't racists*
slimmjimm 1:09 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
well you don't live where I live everyones trying to save money cuz of economy. And im sure i'll make more considering it's Cinco De Mayo.

Yes, Scranton, PA is sooooo old money. Nobody else is pinching.

That's a shot.

You'll make $75 plus a bar tab? That's not more dude, if you say you work 2 jobs busting your ass, then don't take a bust your ass gig (think drunk frat boys with shit beer) for shit money. It hurts ALL of us, big town, small town, local, regional, international.

Nobody is saying you need to get eleventybillion dollars, but $75 or $100 is undervaluing yourself. Hoping to get more gigs and possibly more money from said gigs at that establishment is a bullshit wish. You've already set a precedent for shit pay for what you describe as the "Biggest drinking day for bars/clubs" You think you're going to get more money for an average night any other time? Probably not going to end the way you think.
DJ Tecniq 1:14 AM - 5 May, 2011
I'm done with the whole arguement anyway. I'm going to meet the owners wife about my $50 dollar gig. What matters is I have more respect for this and love dj'ing so much that I don't mind to take a $75 gig. My rate is usually $125-150 but im lucky to even get that around here. So fuck it i'll just get hammered and go home with my $75 dollars in my pocket knowing I rocked the fuck outta that place no matter how much i got payed.
DJ Tecniq 1:16 AM - 5 May, 2011
That's what I do as a dj. There is no better feeling than seeing a place packed and ppl having a good time that's when you have the club in the palm of your hand. That's priceless. Anyway talk on im out!
Dj Shamann 1:17 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
your name fit the description.

How is that not racist, so if I saw an African with a name representing his heritage I can throw any old stereotype his way and chalk it up to "fitting the description" what kind of small minded stereotyping is that?

Quote:
The way you have been talking to me is very unprofessional.

The way i talked to you is not unprofessional because we're not at work, you're not my colleague and clearly don't work where in the environment I work otherwise you wouldn't be taking it so personally. You can huff and puff about how hard you work on your craft all you want but as soon as I say I do things to it's "connections". You sound like a teenaged boy with a small town complex, you don't comprehend anything I'm saying, you don't even think calling a native out for his name and saying he should be rain dancing.
Dj Shamann 1:18 AM - 5 May, 2011
Should've ended at "you don't comprehend anything I'm saying"
Dj Shamann 1:19 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
There is no better feeling than seeing a place packed and ppl having a good time that's when you have the club in the palm of your hand

Yeah i clearly don't know what that feels like.

LOL

What a joke.
sixxx 1:23 AM - 5 May, 2011
Oh my..... nm
slimmjimm 1:39 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I'm done with the whole arguement anyway. I'm going to meet the owners wife about my $50 dollar gig. What matters is I have more respect for this and love dj'ing so much that I don't mind to take a $75 gig. My rate is usually $125-150 but im lucky to even get that around here. So fuck it i'll just get hammered and go home with my $75 dollars in my pocket knowing I rocked the fuck outta that place no matter how much i got payed.

Then do you homie.

Quote:
That's what I do as a dj. There is no better feeling than seeing a place packed and ppl having a good time that's when you have the club in the palm of your hand. That's priceless. Anyway talk on im out!

Who are you trying to convince? You or the forum?
DJ Tecniq 1:43 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Who are you trying to convince? You or the forum?
nobody. But I'm very confident in that's how the night will turn out. I never doubt myself I'm gonna go there and kill it and walk out with my $75 dollars. All I can do.
djmarvel 2:04 AM - 5 May, 2011
I know people in small towns/cities who make money djing, not $100 gigs but $400+ and the reason is they are hustlers and are on top of their business. doesnt matter where you live, if there is a bar and its packed they are making money and FUCKING YOU OVER! your pay as a dj represents your hustle and business sense
sacrilicious 2:20 AM - 5 May, 2011
This thread delivered!
willythekidd 2:24 AM - 5 May, 2011
[waiting for an m-bezzle gif]
DJ Tecniq 6:32 AM - 5 May, 2011
I just got back from checking out the bar and met with the owners wife. Actually very nice ppl which i didn't exept. The owners are very confident that I'll do a good job considering my background. I'm getting payed $150 plus free bar tab. If it's busier I'll make more. Glad I took the gig. I'm atleast cool with that it def beats a $50 gig. Impression is everything and that's what counts. And it does matter where you live. Bigger cities pay more money cause of the clientel. Smaller cities/towns do not.
DJ Jonasty 12:03 PM - 5 May, 2011
Nice job getting more loot. Now owners wife pics please. Or at least take some of gig tonight
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:50 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:

Nobody is saying you need to get eleventybillion dollars, but $75 or $100 is undervaluing yourself. Hoping to get more gigs and possibly more money from said gigs at that establishment is a bullshit wish.

not necessarily
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:53 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:

How is that not racist, so if I saw an African with a name representing his heritage I can throw any old stereotype his way and chalk it up to "fitting the description" what kind of small minded stereotyping is that?

its acutually not racist because he never really commented on a race in the statment
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:55 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
[waiting for an m-bezzle gif]

www.djjohnnym.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:57 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I know people in small towns/cities who make money djing, not $100 gigs but $400+ and the reason is they are hustlers and are on top of their business. doesnt matter where you live, if there is a bar and its packed they are making money and FUCKING YOU OVER! your pay as a dj represents your hustle and business sense

once again not necessarily
slimmjimm 1:30 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Nobody is saying you need to get eleventybillion dollars, but $75 or $100 is undervaluing yourself. Hoping to get more gigs and possibly more money from said gigs at that establishment is a bullshit wish.

not necessarily

If you quote the entire paragraph i wrote, I included the proper "not necessarily" clause.

Quote:

Nobody is saying you need to get eleventybillion dollars, but $75 or $100 is undervaluing yourself. Hoping to get more gigs and possibly more money from said gigs at that establishment is a bullshit wish. You've already set a precedent for shit pay for what you describe as the "Biggest drinking day for bars/clubs" You think you're going to get more money for an average night any other time? Probably not going to end the way you think.
slimmjimm 1:32 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I just got back from checking out the bar and met with the owners wife. Actually very nice ppl which i didn't exept. The owners are very confident that I'll do a good job considering my background. I'm getting payed $150 plus free bar tab. If it's busier I'll make more. Glad I took the gig. I'm atleast cool with that it def beats a $50 gig. Impression is everything and that's what counts. And it does matter where you live. Bigger cities pay more money cause of the clientel. Smaller cities/towns do not.

$150 is much better than $50. Good job. Now just drink (a lot of) all top shelf and it will be worth your while. Be sure to have a sober ride, you don't want to end up like Bree Olsen.
sixxx 1:42 PM - 5 May, 2011
I think he is still getting $50 but bump it to $150 to win the forum's approval. :P
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:43 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not necessarily

If you quote the entire paragraph i wrote, I included the proper "not necessarily" clause.

Quote:

yes but you included the not necessarily" clause top a point other than the one i was referring to, , im not saying not necessarily to thegetting more money thing im saying just because your making $100 dosent mean your undervaluing yourself. I make $100 a night but i work at a bar that routinly makes less than $300 a night (through no fault of my own), so by your logic im undervaluing myself yet most nights im taking home more than 50% of what the entire establishment takes in
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:43 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I think he is still getting $50 but bump it to $150 to win the forum's approval. :P

lol.....i wasnt gonna say anything but i was def thinkin it
Dj Shamann 6:10 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:

its acutually not racist because he never really commented on a race in the statment

I'm a native man with a native name, therefore I must be doing rain dances. That's racial stereotyping.
latindj 6:30 PM - 5 May, 2011
pico de gallo
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:33 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a native man with a native name, therefore I must be doing rain dances. That's racial stereotyping.

not at all, your name on here IS shamann, shamanns can be of any # of races and some of them include rain dances...its kinda your fault for having an ethnic name but a shaman has nothing to do with race, now if he had SEEN you and you said hey my name is james and he said you looked like a shamman and should be doing a rain dance then ya THAT would be racist
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:40 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.extremeglow.com

+1 I like. mentally noted and bookmarked :)
Dj Shamann 6:48 PM - 5 May, 2011
I'm sorry but I'm not arguing with you on this one Bezzle, spare the wiki explanation loophole defense arguments. He saw the name, made a stereotype based on race "it sounds like you're some fucking indian god (not some medicine man to elude to any race, but some fucking indian god), do you do rain dances at your shows" and it wasn't in an inquisitive manor, but mocking my name and my background. You don't understand, but it is what it is and I'm not going further on the subject because it didn't ruin my week, just showed me what kind of person I was talking to.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:53 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I'm sorry but I'm not arguing with you on this one Bezzle, spare the wiki explanation loophole defense arguments.

LMFAO AS I READ THAT LINE i was typing shamman into my wikipedia plugin
CMOS 7:19 PM - 5 May, 2011
Yo Rain Dancer can you post some more PE videos so we can watch Mr Small Town get all upset again?

I still dont get how you shit on someone who posts a video of themselves on stage DJing a PE concert, then post a bedroom vid as retaliation. Funny Ish yo, keep em comin!
O.B.1 7:25 PM - 5 May, 2011
jeez Shamman's post was just a joke, and I chuckled and moved on -even if it had been directed at me...
anyways, $150 plus unlimited bar tab sounds decent (as much as I drink) and it's a foot in the door, the owners sound like reasonable people with room for future negotiation. I'm from a small ass town so I can sympathize with your situation, but I've worked my way up the totem pole (no racism) and now I get paid proper to play at the Indian Casino LOL! (true story)
slimmjimm 7:30 PM - 5 May, 2011

yes but you included the not necessarily" clause top a point other than the one i was referring to, , im not saying not necessarily to thegetting more money thing im saying just because your making $100 dosent mean your undervaluing yourself. I make $100 a night but i work at a bar that routinly makes less than $300 a night (through no fault of my own), so by your logic im undervaluing myself yet most nights im taking home more than 50% of what the entire establishment takes in

OIC, carry on then.

I thought you left that place or there was some static due to comments on this forum?
Dj Shamann 7:32 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Yo Rain Dancer can you post some more PE videos so we can watch Mr Small Town get all upset again?

I still dont get how you shit on someone who posts a video of themselves on stage DJing a PE concert, then post a bedroom vid as retaliation. Funny Ish yo, keep em comin!

It's all about the views yo!

Quote:
but I've worked my way up the totem pole (no racism) and now I get paid proper to play at the Indian Casino LOL! (true story)

HAHA awesome.
sixxx 7:38 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
You don't understand, but it is what it is and I'm not going further on the subject because it didn't rain this week, just showed me what kind of person I was talking to.

Uh oh! hahahaha

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:55 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
I thought you left that place or there was some static due to comments on this forum?

lol nah im still there the powers at be werent exactly happy with the forum comment situation but apparently keeping me there doin what im doin outweighed the severity of the situation lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 5 May, 2011
www.google.com(comics)%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26biw%3D1131%26bih%3D684%26tbm%3Disch&ei=LwHDTfGwE4yztwflveWzBQ
DJ Tecniq 8:47 PM - 5 May, 2011
Jesus guys I'm over the whole arguement. Just got back from working my day job and this already has 23 new messages. Am I the only one that works a day job? (kidding) and Shaman I only took a stab at you cause you took a low blow at me that's fair game. And the bottom quote is what started it all It was direspectful towards me you made me feel like a piece of shit so I threw it right back at you. I had every right to be pissed off.

Quote:
DJ Tecniq 8:50 PM - 5 May, 2011
And for the record man I have family that's indian as well. I am half spanish. My mothers mom is from Panama where my mother was born. I am half Panamanian. TRUTH!
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:51 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:

And the bottom quote is what started it all It was direspectful towards me you made me feel like a piece of shit

...........to be fair...and i feel your pain on this one...........he was kinda ...you know...right.....and if that made you feel bad you should...mabye.....reflect on the situation and figure out why your REALLY mad...i think theres a valuable lesson in there if you really examine the situation.

just my 2cents
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:53 PM - 5 May, 2011
and for the record im not arguing about it, my bedroom video dosent have SHIT for hits lol
DJ Tecniq 8:57 PM - 5 May, 2011
And Shamann If I disrespected you in anyway way racial than my bad. I didn't mean for it to come off that way I was pissed. I'm man enough to admit I was wrong with that comment and whatever else I said. And I am jealous of your Public Enemy gig..lol call me a hater. Believe me I'd love to have that spotlight. Make it rain (and no that wasnt meant as racial)
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:58 PM - 5 May, 2011
aww there we go this thread had a disney moment lol
Dj Shamann 8:59 PM - 5 May, 2011
Don't sweat it man, no grudges here.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:03 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
And Shamann If I disrespected you in anyway way racial than my bad. I didn't mean for it to come off that way I was pissed. I'm man enough to admit I was wrong with that comment and whatever else I said. And I am jealous of your Public Enemy gig..lol call me a hater. Believe me I'd love to have that spotlight.

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ Tecniq 9:03 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
ahaha...well i got the gig tonight so i'd rather resolve this shit than worry about it at my gig. And guys I'll def try to take some pics this place is fucking bad ass. It's like a bar/club they have a band on one side and the club in the other. They have these bad ass exotic bikes and harleys all over. The bar taps are made out of motorcycle engines all chromed out no joke..They thought i was just some finger fucking dj till I showed the pics of my equipment and explained to them I am a real dj and mix everything. Showed them my technics in the trunk of my car. They were like dj's still use those..lol they are excited for me to be there they have never had a real dj who can cut, scratch mix tracks. I'll take some pics for you guys. might be from a shitty kodak but fuck man its atleast something
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:07 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
ahaha...well i got the gig tonight so i'd rather resolve this shit than worry about it at my gig. And guys I'll def try to take some pics this place is fucking bad ass. It's like a bar/club they have a band on one side and the club in the other. They have these bad ass exotic bikes and harleys all over. The bar taps are made out of motorcycle engines all chromed out no joke..They thought i was just some finger fucking dj till I showed the pics of my equipment and explained to them I am a real dj and mix everything. Showed them my technics in the trunk of my car. They were like dj's still use those..lol they are excited for me to be there they have never had a real dj who can cut, scratch mix tracks. I'll take some pics for you guys. might be from a shitty kodak but fuck man its atleast something

+1 shit i dont have a gig tonight so ya doin better than me lol
DJ Tecniq 9:18 PM - 5 May, 2011
I was there till last call lastnight and got up for work this morning lol.. just shootin back beers and takin shots w them. They are some country ass mofo's. But at night that's when the club vibe starts.
sixxx 9:23 PM - 5 May, 2011
Threesome in full effect starring Bezzle, Tecniq and Shamann.

hahaha

nm

yes homo
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:24 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:

hahaha

nm

yes homo

its cinco de mayo...ima let you slide with that one sixxx lol
DJ Tecniq 9:29 PM - 5 May, 2011
To prove to you guys im not fuckin with you. Here's the first video of a short shot of what the inside bars club looks like this was for the grand opening. Again very small town. The 2nd video is more of the other bar where all the bands play. Most of the clubbers stay in the club area.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 9:32 PM - 5 May, 2011
And that first video is nothing there's exotic bikes all over on top of the walls. The coolest thing is those beer taps made out of bike engines.
DJ Tecniq 9:35 PM - 5 May, 2011
Found another vid. Here's the chick again but if u look closely u can see a video screen thats where the dj booth is setup directly aside that to the left are pool tables and more bikes.
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 9:37 PM - 5 May, 2011
I was gonna do video mixing tonight but found out a need a rca-vga scan converter box which i dont have
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:40 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
To prove to you guys im not fuckin with you. Here's the first video of a short shot of what the inside bars club looks like this was for the grand opening. Again very small town. The 2nd video is more of the other bar where all the bands play. Most of the clubbers stay in the club area.

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

www.djjohnnym.com
slimmjimm 5:56 AM - 6 May, 2011
slimmjimm 6:07 AM - 6 May, 2011
I never really understood the "high end" biker bar concept. I've done events (beer promos) in biker(ish) bars, and I know they are for the most part nice people, and or doctor/rich folk and such, but it seems like the anti of what bikers are, even tho said nice people doctor/rich folk "bikers" need a place to spend money and be cool.

We have a place similar in my area although it is a chain. Lots of motorcycle memorabilia but also mixed with auto/road travel stuff as well.

www.thelube.com

No DJ's there, and the wings kinda suck.

Sorry for the "slightly" on topic rant. Can't sleep after rocking a bunch of well endowed female college students daggering to Afrojack. Oh to be young(er)
latindj 7:46 AM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha

nm

yes homo

its cinco de gayo...ima let you slide in my ass with that schlong sixxx lol

guess you're having mexican tonight....

NM
O.B.1 8:19 AM - 6 May, 2011
LOL @ credit card bikers!
DJ Young Herrera 3:52 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:
And for the record man I have family that's indian as well. I am half spanish. My mothers mom is from Panama where my mother was born. I am half Panamanian. TRUTH!

Indians are from India. Native Americans are from America. That's racisms, bro! I love to racisms!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:26 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:
HAHAHA

Tell 'em why you mad son (since we're using cliche forum lingo like hate")

And yes, i'm sorry but it does matter how much I make, it doesn't make me a better Dj, but it damn sure makes me not jealous of what you haave to go through for peanuts. What are you 12?

Quote:
Show me something you've done that will prove me wrong

i think thats my next big "one day i wanna" dream, to play on a truley massive system like that, I was watching the DJ for the st lunatics at bayfest last year and thought that must be sooooo awsome to have your decks hooked up to a million dollar sound system and have every move of the record you make be BLASTED across thousands of people and be heard for several city blocks
hersh20 6:52 PM - 6 May, 2011
$50? what? lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:57 PM - 6 May, 2011
Im going to take the lack of any new input from tec to mean he never even got that $50 at the end of the night lol jk
CMOS 8:08 PM - 6 May, 2011
Is it me or did that place look like they could spend 300 on a dj no problems.
dj_soo 8:10 PM - 6 May, 2011
why spend $300 when you have people like tecniq who are willing to do it for $50?
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 10:00 PM - 6 May, 2011
Well Im glad see this entertaining thread ended in you guys settling your beef. But on the real Techniq. You have some skills from what I saw in your video. You have to continue that hustle and set yourself apart from other DJ's in your area and do exactly what you did with the owners of this spot. Show and let them know "Yo, I scratch, blend, I mix. Im not a laptop DJ. This is why I should get paid this amount!" You gotta sell yourself and your skills. But don't sell yourself short. And then get in there and dominate, and remind them yo this is why im gettin paid $150 or $200 in stead of $50 bucks.
djvtyme85 10:34 PM - 6 May, 2011
btw this thread was really entertaining

yea i live in a big city suburb and ive been hit with the same deal...folks trying to low ball...the chevys here in md has their annual cinco de mayo the other day and im their fedex driver so i know the manager he knows i dj and i ask him "so why dont you let me dj cinco de mayo?" he says "well the guy i got doing it did it for free the first year and the second year i felt bad and offered him $200. this year im expecting a bigger turnout because of him so im going to drop $350." i reply "yea sorry my man that's like a hour of play for me" he and i laugh and he says "yea dude i know. fuck why pay when i got this guy. if he ever fucks me over, i guess ill have to pay for real entertainment. until then fuck it"

this is coming for the gm, i guy ive known for 3 years, knows i dj and basically said it out his own mouth why pay when i can get cheaper...i cant knock it. i even attended and got my drink on. had a decent sound system and all. as a dj looking at the turnout i know they business caked up, homie should have gotten paid more. when i go out i make it a point not be that guy who is listening to dj bc he djs more than he is enjoying being out enjoying himself. so that is the extent of my observation.

i came in spoiled i guess bc my folks put me on to how to value for my business as a dj first. and more so i just cant see loading heavy ass speakers, tt's, amps, using my damn gas and oh yea expensive $5000 plus valued equipment, entertaining 400 plus ppl for hours and not leaving that compensated the right way...fuck that
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:51 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:

when i go out i make it a point not be that guy who is listening to dj bc he djs more than he is enjoying being out enjoying himself. so that is the extent of my observation.

i try soooo hard to not to be that guy, but i usually end up bein him lol. Im at the point now where if im not being paid to be there id rather just not go
djvtyme85 1:37 AM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
when i go out i make it a point not be that guy who is listening to dj bc he djs more than he is enjoying being out enjoying himself. so that is the extent of my observation.

i try soooo hard to not to be that guy, but i usually end up bein him lol. Im at the point now where if im not being paid to be there id rather just not go

yea i hear ya...just isnt my thing...most mobile jocks i hear out aren't mixing shit at those type of events anyway and if it is a club i could see being distracted but from my experience in the dc area especially my nights out in adams morgran, water st, etc most of the dj's were not usually mixing (blends, mosh ups) just chops or cuts. its all good cause i had my attn on other things lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:24 PM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
jeez Shamman's post was just a joke, and I chuckled and moved on -even if it had been directed at me...

+ 1 ( but that was a good ass joke - I literally LOL )

Wow... On the way this evolved... Just wow...
DJ'Que 5:32 PM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
So I have a friend who's a DJ and is going out of town to see family. He asked me to "cover" him at one of his spots for tomm night (Cinco De Mayo). I ask him what the payrate is he says $50 bucks. I simply say look bro I don't dj for less than $20 a night. That doesn't even get a full tank of gas in my car. He says I know man I was shocked when I first started dj'ing there cause that's the pay I've been getting. I said that's bullshit and we all need to set a price as dj's in our area. If we all asked the same price then these bar/club owners would have no DJ for entertainment. I said to pack up my turntables and mixer and DJ from 9-2 and get $50 bucks is not worth it. What are you guys thoughts??? He just asked me to cover for him today for tomm night. Thoughts anyone?? This should be good
wow is it me or did he say he dont dj for less then $20 a night. And they offered him $50. And im with sixx I think he was still getting $50. And looking at that place I would of seriously said the lowest I would take would be $400. They got $10,000 bike's with models taking pictures. And you take $50 to dj.lmao
DJ'Que 5:35 PM - 7 May, 2011
On top of that he was go do video mixing. Wow $50 & all that.
O.B.1 7:39 PM - 7 May, 2011
I wager he meant to add another zero (no less than $200 a night)
eder 8:18 PM - 7 May, 2011
^in the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?
DJ Tecniq 8:48 PM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
wow is it me or did he say he dont dj for less then $20 a night. And they offered him $50. And im with sixx I think he was still getting $50. And looking at that place I would of seriously said the lowest I would take would be $400. They got $10,000 bike's with models taking pictures. And you take $50 to dj.lmao
What I originally meant to say was $20 and hr. I don't know of any dj around here that gets $400 dollars a night not in this small town. That was for the grand opening. Things have really slowed down there. The gig was great I still got $150 and a free bar tab. Wasn't as busy as I thought. They had a band on the other side. The club I dj at on saturdays was more packed for cinco de mayo cause they do a ladies night all u can drink free till midnight. I didn't get pics cause I was dj'ing for the most part. I still had fun though. I never said I was gonna do video mixing for $50 bucks that was after I stated I was getting $150.
SiRocket 8:52 PM - 7 May, 2011
50 bucks.. to 75 bucks... you have to be kidding me, plus bringing gear? Market or not, other dj's not making a certain amount or not.... they are press play dj's, not bringing heavy turntables and gear and such so they don't take this job seriously.

Do these bars want club/professional style DJ's or could they be happy with mr itunes press play? Don't force something if the bar and crowd doesn't give a shit.... the money will never be there and you won't advance anywhere because word of mouth because biker joe doesn't give a shit about blends and such. (not trying to be mean but its the truth).

IF the bars do notice a difference and want a club style DJ and show then they need to pay fair market price for it.... seems like they are like half of the US and want to have the bmw but not pay the payments for it because they feel they are entitled to it for a lower price... Sorry to say business doesn't work that way unless there is a weak link... don't be that weak link. Add some market value and worth to yourself or you won't get the $$$ that you should.
DJ Tecniq 8:54 PM - 7 May, 2011
I got a highschool dance coming up sat may 21st but I'm providing the dj equipment and sound equipment from 8-11 for $300 bucks. But I'm selling glownecklaces at $1 a piece so i'll make more money as well.
DJ Tecniq 9:01 PM - 7 May, 2011
Quote:
50 bucks.. to 75 bucks... you have to be kidding me, plus bringing gear? Market or not, other dj's not making a certain amount or not.... they are press play dj's, not bringing heavy turntables and gear and such so they don't take this job seriously.

Do these bars want club/professional style DJ's or could they be happy with mr itunes press play? Don't force something if the bar and crowd doesn't give a shit.... the money will never be there and you won't advance anywhere because word of mouth because biker joe doesn't give a shit about blends and such. (not trying to be mean but its the truth).

IF the bars do notice a difference and want a club style DJ and show then they need to pay fair market price for it.... seems like they are like half of the US and want to have the bmw but not pay the payments for it because they feel they are entitled to it for a lower price... Sorry to say business doesn't work that way unless there is a weak link... don't be that weak link. Add some market value and worth to yourself or you won't get the $$$ that you should.
I agree. I was able to get $150 out of it when I showed them my equipment and explained what I do. There was maybe less than 100 ppl there it just was a bad night. The manager brought me my money by midnight and said he was goin to a biker bar lol..I was like uhh so should I keep playing he's like yeh just finish the night out. I was bout 5 shots deep by that point so I just stayed doin my thing. Got alot of props from ppl that go there. Said I was a better dj than my friend I covered for. I told em well were two completely diff dj's and I'm just doin a favor coverin for him. They were like you need to be here more often you had just about everybody on the floor. I said yeh I try my best to achieve that.
SiRocket 9:05 PM - 7 May, 2011
hopefully the owner listens to their people and appreciates your work. It all works on the efficiency system, if the person paying your bills doesn't see your worth and you are showing them what your worth, then its on to the next.
DJ Tecniq 11:36 PM - 7 May, 2011
The worst part about being in my small town is it doesn't really matter how good or better a dj you are than others. Nore does what music you play matter. What does matter is what bar/club is packed the most and where to mingle with everyone. Cause if others places aren't hoppin ppl won't go there just the way it is. On a random weekend you won't find all the bars/clubs packed. It's usually one that's really hoppin that night and everyone goes there. And the clubs are usually dead even before 10. In a bigger city things are much different you can go out at like 8-9 and a crowd will already be there. Around here ppl don't go out to the clubs till 11-12.
DJ Tecniq 11:40 PM - 7 May, 2011
I got another gig tonight at my other spot im thinkin of recording my set which haven't done in awhile. So i'll post it up if I decide to record. Saturday nights are usually a hit or miss with the crowd so hoping it will be a good night.
jwagner 9:45 AM - 9 May, 2011
A few things:

1. First I'd like to thank this thread for taking up 25 minutes of my time while I'm supposed to be pulling an all nighter studying.

2. When I get to the point where Ive been DJing for 10+ years and come on this forum asking if I should take a $50 gig, please shoot me.

3. Saying "Let the hate begin" on this forum is waving a rad towel in front of a bull.

4. In my opinion, if your spot is the center of a cinco de mayo event that will be drawign those crowds then you should be getting ALOT More than normal pay
jwagner 9:45 AM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
rad

red
eder 9:53 AM - 9 May, 2011
If I'm ever in front of a bull, I'l be damned if I'm not waving a rad towel in his face.
jwagner 9:59 AM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
If I'm ever in front of a bull, I'l be damned if I'm not waving a rad towel in his face.

lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:46 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
IF the bars do notice a difference and want a club style DJ and show then they need to pay fair market price for it....

fair market value is determined by the market, market values are very different in different places in the country
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:49 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
The worst part about being in my small town is it doesn't really matter how good or better a dj you are than others. Nore does what music you play matter. What does matter is what bar/club is packed the most and where to mingle with everyone. Cause if others places aren't hoppin ppl won't go there just the way it is. On a random weekend you won't find all the bars/clubs packed.

+100000000000 ive had TONS of people come in and listen to my sets to a practically empty room, before they leave theyll come up to me and tell me that i shouldnt get down on the empty room because im throwin down but the venue itself sucks and noone wants to come up there, ive had TONS of people tell me that if i played in a different spot theyd come every weekend
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:50 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:

I was bout 5 shots deep by that point so I just stayed doin my thing.

LOL @ 5 shots deep.....im usually that deep before im done setting up my equipment
slimmjimm 2:16 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

LOL @ 5 shots deep.....im usually that deep before im done setting up my equipment

Pshhhhhhh, I pregame harder than you party.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:26 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pshhhhhhh, I pregame harder than you party.

LMFAO
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:13 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
@ben.... seems like they still haven't learned their lesson on why they went out of business... charging high prices.... if you aren't competitive in these times you can kiss your ass goodbye.

same poster 2 different theads lol....had to post for irony sake
DJ Young Herrera 3:22 PM - 9 May, 2011
I made 1500 pesos djing on cinco de stinko. I think I still made more than Tecniq.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:25 PM - 9 May, 2011
LOL @ Young Herrera - you aren't spinning a "small town"....

Quote:
I got another gig tonight at my other spot im thinkin of recording my set which haven't done in awhile. So i'll post it up if I decide to record.

Waiting to hear the set - Did U record it Tecniq??
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:27 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
I made 1500 pesos djing on cinco de stinko. I think I still made more than Tecniq.

LMFAO, theres a suprise someone in hollywood making more that someone in backwater flordia, who woulda thought THAT would ever happen
DJ Young Herrera 5:13 PM - 9 May, 2011
1500 pesos = $126 USD
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:16 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
1500 pesos = $126 USD

126......thats such an odd number why 26 and not 15 or 30? Im a stickler for rounded numbers
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:16 PM - 9 May, 2011
*25 not 15 lol
DJ Young Herrera 5:18 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
1500 pesos = $126 USD

126......thats such an odd number why 26 and not 15 or 30? Im a stickler for rounded numbers

uh...? you so funny beezle.

actually 1500 Mexican pesos = 128.9624 US dollars today.
DJ Tecniq 7:43 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
LOL @ Young Herrera - you aren't spinning a "small town"....

Quote:
I got another gig tonight at my other spot im thinkin of recording my set which haven't done in awhile. So i'll post it up if I decide to record.

Waiting to hear the set - Did U record it Tecniq??
actually i did record the set but got a crash in audacity then when that failed i tryed screenflow and that crashed as well. I was like 15-20 mins in. When I was done with the gig I tried to retrieve the recordings by reopening the programs but nothing worked. I guess SL3 is the way to go if u want seamless recording. But think it was my fault the recordings were stopping cause my hard disk is full from videos. That's atleast what the mackbook pro said. "Your hard disk is full" CRASHHHH..
DJ Tecniq 7:48 PM - 9 May, 2011
Oh and the gig was horrible sat night so I just got wasted. There was literally 15-20 ppl. Everyone goes to the big city clubs now guess I should move there. Despite the fact there was that less of ppl I still did my thing and had them on the dancefloor pretty much the whole night.
DJ Tecniq 7:56 PM - 9 May, 2011
It just goes to show how serious I am about dj'ing. This is my life, my love and my passion. I'm a small town DJ with BIG dreams. I practiced everyday when I first got my turntables and that was before 2004 and I had no one to teach me how to DJ I taught myself. No one in my area was into it at the time.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
It just goes to show how serious I am about dj'ing..

which part illistrates that best the accepting an amateur wage or getting shit facet at 2 out of 2 gigs? lol
DJ Tecniq 8:11 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

which part illistrates that best the accepting an amateur wage or getting shit facet at 2 out of 2 gigs? lol
lol...u got me bezzle but when its a slow night sometimes u need that relieve..like fuck this shits boring I need a few more drinks.
DJ Tecniq 8:12 PM - 9 May, 2011
relief*
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:18 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol...u got me bezzle but when its a slow night sometimes u need that relieve..like fuck this shits boring I need a few more drinks.

IDK, my personal philosophy is if theres 1 or 100000 go all out and rock that bitch, if im bored it means damn sure anyone watching me is bored and i aint goin down like that (NM NH)....this is comming from a person who routinley plays for 20 to 30 people and less
O.B.1 11:45 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
this is comming from a person who routinley has 5 shots before even finshing setting up

fixed... :)

-p.s. nothing wrong with getting a little loose(as long as you can hold your liquor)
-helps my confidence on the mic for sure -(just don't get sloppy drunk so that it affects your mixing)
DJ Tecniq 12:50 AM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
-helps my confidence on the mic for sure
I can't agree with this more I am sooo damn mic shy at first. And really hate talking on the mic sometimes I just let the music speak for itself instead of using the mic. But as long as I have a few drinks I can rock the mic all night. It only takes a bit of alcohol to get me in that mood. Without it I'm quite nervous.
DJ Young Herrera 1:17 PM - 10 May, 2011
Maybe you should have some alcohol before your negotiate your gigs so you can talk to the gm with some balls and get paid a decent rate.