DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Sony Acid Pro - What's the Next Best Thing?

Dj Medley 10:24 AM - 17 July, 2007
Alright, so I love Sony Acid Pro, but I am having too many issues with it and need new software. What's the next closest thing to that style of multi-tracking program? I've tried Ableton many times but am not very fond of it for what I do. I'm not producing from scratch, not recording, not hooking it up to a midi controller, nothing is being performed live or anything like that. Just lots of multi-tracking and beat-matching for mixtapes, soundtracks, remixes and mashups. Thank you for your advice.
Lord Fader 10:45 AM - 17 July, 2007
i am down with adobe audition. its a good prog for multitracking and i would describe it as almost professionel.
Reactor 11:16 AM - 17 July, 2007
FL studio
Cubase
Reason

Or hell... all of them Rewired
Loopman 12:08 PM - 17 July, 2007
Medley, I hated Ableton Live too for a real long time but I gotta say its the best for fixing tempos and making mashups.. Now I do all my audio quantize in Live and dump it to my beloved Nuendo which I use for all my music prodution when I have it sorted.. Also Cubase and Sonar might be worth checking out, they have timestretching technoligy like Acid
D-Twizzle 2:49 PM - 17 July, 2007
What issues are you having with Acid? I can do everything in it.
Niral 5:18 PM - 17 July, 2007
Hmm..I thought some of you guys would've recommended Logic? Its' a no go?
D-Twizzle 5:25 PM - 17 July, 2007
Logic is good too, but I think he's using a PC since he was previously using Acid.
dj shadow from detroit 6:05 PM - 17 July, 2007
logic for mac
and cubase sx for windows.
Dj Medley 7:21 PM - 17 July, 2007
Thank for all the help, I'm looking into some of the programs. The problem is that I bought it for PC but am now on Mac. So I'm looking for the Mac substitute.

So yeah, I need a mac solution. Adobe Audition is pretty good, I like the simplicity of it but it's not available for Mac.

I just want a basic multi-tracker that i can change the tempo and key of songs easily in. I do not like using " beat mapping" but inserting tracks "one shot" and changing the speed of each track manually.
dj shadow from detroit 7:37 PM - 17 July, 2007
cubase sx is wondows and mac compatible.
to be honest logic is the best for that.
(this is my opinion) logic is a very powerful tool
im gonna purchase soon.
Dj Medley 8:19 PM - 17 July, 2007
Cool I got a demo I'ma check out. Looks pretty heavy for producing.
dj shadow from detroit 8:33 PM - 17 July, 2007
yes it has different layouts for what your doing.
djbriguy 8:35 PM - 17 July, 2007
Audition isnt available for Mac? That sucks... Everything else adobe makes is...
DJ BLuv 8:42 PM - 17 July, 2007
I've used the Cakewalk suite of Plasma and Pro audio to do just what you want to do Medley
cappinkirk 8:57 PM - 17 July, 2007
there is no substitute for acid IMHO
D-Twizzle 9:13 PM - 17 July, 2007
Quote:
Audition isnt available for Mac? That sucks... Everything else adobe makes is...

I think this is because Adobe just bought out Cool Edit which was a PC only program. All the other programs Adobe sells were made on both platforms from the very beginning.