DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Has anyone else tried that new little program for a folder to crate sync?

jbnyc 2:13 AM - 20 April, 2011
ok, its not that new and it wasnt made for scratch live,if you use itunes for your crates this is not for you,it was made for itch and it should work with scratch live,actually it works for me using scratch live,theres only one little glitch (not sure if its a glitch or if thats how its supposed to be since i have mostly videos) its sort of like scratch toolz but less complicated,once its setup its only one click away, all you have to do is download/install the program,make a textedit/notepad note with a copy paste info, in the same location where the program is,all you have to do is write where your music/videos are located and where is your _serato_ (crate folder), i had a little problem setting the program cause i didnt know it was a case sensitive,so be aware!

the only "glitch" i've been getting is that every time i add files to my crates or i create crates,after i run the program and it syncs everything perfectly i press analyze and it actually analyses my whole library, not in a way where each file takes around 3 or 4 seconds but i see my almost 10,000 videos run like a digital chronograph, only the new files take the normal time to be analyzed,its a great program but i just wish it didnt re-analyzed all my files cause thats like 20 minutes my computer its just running videos for nothing.

what i've been doing to evade this is i just highlight the new videos and drag them to the analyze tab, here is a more detailed thread on how everything works, trust me it saves a LOT of time when you have a lot of crates.

itch thread

serato.com

serato itch sync download and info

code.google.com

thank you Roman Alekseenkov for making the program!!
RogerRabbit 2:19 AM - 20 April, 2011
I use it it's freaking great... You might have typed in the option to erase all crates before syncing - that could be the reason..
jbnyc 2:22 AM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
I use it it's freaking great... You might have typed in the option to erase all crates before syncing - that could be the reason..

really? and how or where did i do that? or how can it be possible done? thanks Roger Rabbit! :)
RogerRabbit 2:27 AM - 20 April, 2011
Check if you have:
Music.library.itch.clear-before-sync=true

In your code.. If you do, try taking it out and see if the behavior changes..
jbnyc 2:46 AM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
Check if you have:
Music.library.itch.clear-before-sync=true

In your code.. If you do, try taking it out and see if the behavior changes..

thanks bro but it doesnt :( still dont know why it does that....

here's my code

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

# path to your personal music collection
music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/LaCie/LACIE VIDEOS/

# path to your serato library
music.library.itch=/Volumes/LaCie/_Serato_/
RogerRabbit 4:03 AM - 20 April, 2011
Are you using the latest ssl version - there was an issue with earlier version re-analyzing files..
aznchopstix 4:29 AM - 20 April, 2011
I use this too! Great tool, but my only one complaint is that it messes with the way that my crates are arranged: i.e. artist name, BPM, key, song name, year, bit rate, etc etc
is there anyway I can modify the code so that the crates don't change the format everytime i run the code?
jbnyc 4:34 AM - 20 April, 2011
ohh yeah. my bpm's disappear too :S not a big deal but clicking that tab on each crate sometimes is annoying!! its just little glitches that we hope Roman will fix in the future :)
jbnyc 4:45 AM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
Are you using the latest ssl version - there was an issue with earlier version re-analyzing files..

yeah,latest version :s
jbnyc 2:29 PM - 20 April, 2011
*bump*