Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Powermate Questions

Prime-X 8:31 AM - 13 August, 2004
I Just bought my powermate today after work and now I'm trying to set this thing up with my SSL. I got the scrolling up and down and the clicking of the file, now how do I send it to my left and right screen of my SSL? I'd used send key for "click & rotate left" for my "shift + arrow left", and "click & rotate right" for my "shift + arrow right" to my right screen but nothing happens. How do you guys or who ever have this thing set it up? Please help me, I have a gig this saturday and I wanna get use to it.

thank you.
Prime-X 7:42 PM - 13 August, 2004
I got it, thank anyways.
Stuart Ramdeen 9:13 AM - 16 August, 2004
what did you have to do? i'm interested in buying one.
Prime-X 10:15 PM - 17 August, 2004
It's a cool little nob, it pretty much control anything that what your keybroad can normally do. a lot of graphic artist use this too. i configure mine to load music (left & right), to scroll up & down and switch player screen.
radish 10:32 PM - 17 August, 2004
I was considering getting one too. I can see how you'd use it to scroll, do you have "assign to left" mapped as push & turn left? How reliable is that? I was worried that if it misreads or if I make a slight mistake I could end up replacing the current record, which would be bad. What do you mean by "switch player screen"? Do you still use the keyboard for anything?
Prime-X 11:00 PM - 17 August, 2004
no i don't use the keyboard anymore but i still use the touch pad. switch player is use when you have only one turntable kind of like this...ctrl + shift + /. you just have to get use to this so you won't end up changing the current song that's currently playing in the speaker.
tashafa 3:12 AM - 23 August, 2004
powermate doesnt work very well with SSL... u have to be way too careful when loading tracks..or it will load wrong track or even worse it will load the track on both decks
Prime-X 5:02 AM - 23 August, 2004
yes, that's right.
depakote 5:20 AM - 23 August, 2004
Has anyone used a Shuttle Pro with SSL? I was considering purchasing one. It seems like it would work better than a PowerMate.
Alexander 6:42 AM - 23 August, 2004
looks like it could work if you could assign those buttons as keystrokes? don't see why you wouldn't be able to...I think it will come down to the questions that have come up about the Powermate and that is stability! It is a little pricey to just try something like this. I am getting used to the keystrokes more and more everyday but a nice stable controller would be sweet.
radish 5:38 PM - 23 August, 2004
That Shuttle Pro looks perfect, but a little pricey ($110). The Shuttle Xpress looks like it would be just as good for SSL - still has the jog wheel for scrolling, and the scrub control for (maybe) track gain up/down. You can assign keystrokes (like assign etc) to the buttons and it's only $50. I may well try it out...

I'm still happy using the F-keys (at least I only need one finger, rather than 2 or more for some of the combos) but the wheel looks cool.
12micsn1 2:00 AM - 31 August, 2004
I had that idea of using the shuttle pro also. Serato and Shuttlepro would have to work together on compatibilty. For me working from controller like this seems ideal for this application an others.

www.contourdesign.com