DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What is the best website or source for newest house music?

draxxusx123 3:34 AM - 13 April, 2011
Which resource do you use? Which site could tell me the newest house music being played in clubs today (Miami, Vegas, etc...)

Thanks
Laz219 3:54 AM - 13 April, 2011
For a lot of mainstream stuff, beatport is one of the huge ones.
thebuttonfreak 4:28 AM - 13 April, 2011
Beatport has underground stuff too.
AN!M4T0R 4:40 AM - 13 April, 2011
beatport has the widest selection
djbanno 4:48 AM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Beatport has underground stuff too.

+1
Also give www.junodownload.com a go
draxxusx123 4:48 AM - 13 April, 2011
Is there any specific chart i should look at (from your experiences)? Its definitely helpful!
djbanno 5:04 AM - 13 April, 2011
The top 10, 100, etc charts will def help but will only mean you sound like everybody else playing them. Try finding a dj/label/producer you like the sound of and start your search there. Good luck.
Laz219 5:45 AM - 13 April, 2011
I know beatport does have underground stuff, but not as extensive as a lot of other sites.
Mykee 8:52 AM - 13 April, 2011
The best sites for real House music are -

www.stompy.com

traxsource.com

You're welcome!
djbanno 9:56 AM - 13 April, 2011

Shhhhhh...j/k
DJ Tecniq 10:48 PM - 13 April, 2011
blackavenger 7:45 AM - 17 April, 2011
Quote:

Shhhhhh...j/k

LOL!

Stompy, Traxsourse, Trackitdown, djdownload, and Beatport...your best bet :)
GYNXxx 3:13 AM - 18 April, 2011
Dillell 6:31 PM - 31 July, 2017
am a deejay in the caribbean,well now i work at a hotel now in the club,i need some someone to help me out in a few playlist that can play for those america,canadain,british, people...HIt me up with some music idea,here my email Selectorfox@gmail.com
Frankie Fuente 11:56 AM - 1 August, 2017
For true House Music: ONLY www.traxsource.com.
Real House Music addicts would never play 80% of Beatport's stuff!
For Tech House Beatport is ok.
Cheers!
Frankie
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:09 AM - 2 August, 2017
Great European site for the more underground house vibes.
This has quite a bit of US house on it too.

www.whatpeopleplay.com
djsweazy 11:09 AM - 2 August, 2017
I am making an elctro house music. And the biggest problem was to find a good samples..
If someone interested in making music in this genre i can advise you this package www.lucidsamples.com
DJ Dub (DC's Own) 1:49 AM - 3 August, 2017
Traxsource & Bandcamp
Artiste ameer 10:34 AM - 28 August, 2017
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:37 PM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:
For true House Music: ONLY www.traxsource.com.
Real House Music addicts would never play 80% of Beatport's stuff!
For Tech House Beatport is ok.
Cheers!
Frankie

What he said - SO TRUE!!!

Try this - pull up the Traxsource 100 - www.traxsource.com -
in one browser window and the Beatport 100 - www.beatport.com in the other...

Randomly listen to the Top 10 and maybe pick a number - lets say 7 (Listen to 7, 17, 27, 37, etc) Beatport is boring as FUCK and makes you want to kill yourself if you are a true House music fan.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:45 PM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:
am a deejay in the caribbean,well now i work at a hotel now in the club,i need some someone to help me out in a few playlist that can play for those america,canadain,british, people...HIt me up with some music idea,here

Again traxsource - they feature DJ top 10s - you can pick a DJ from their respective country and see what the top tunes of the moment are,

www.traxsource.com
Dillell 4:10 PM - 28 August, 2017
thanks dj art pumpin paye
J Hennessy 5:00 PM - 28 August, 2017
+1 for Traxsource. Makes shopping for new house tracks so much more enjoyable. They also do a better job with file names. If you're downloading .wav files from Beatport you need to rename everything which is a chore.
577er 6:00 AM - 29 August, 2017
For buying house music I usually go in this order

Bandcamp
Junodownload
Traxsource
Beatport
Artists blogs and websites
Bootleg fan sites
Clubshelter dot com
Google Play for 320s

For passively discovering music I keep turning to YouTube. It just gets better and better at pointing you towards relavent stuff - and usually vinyl only stuff that's not crazy expensive.
purpledisco 12:13 AM - 4 September, 2017

So what other sites do you recommend? Asking for myself, also. Beatport has been sucking for me lately.
HumbleGuy 11:58 PM - 6 January, 2018
@577er or anyone else in tha know.....
How do you use Youtube to find music passively, I am busy working at the house alot and this would help me but cant seem to find the new stuff.....
Also arent youtube files only Mp3's? I play on Big Festival systems like Funktion one, Danley, Pk and Avue and I would be laughed off the stage with MP3's so I am hoping you can advise me on this technique.
blackavenger 2:16 AM - 7 January, 2018
Quote:
How do you use Youtube to find music passively

It's just a matter of finding artists and the labels they release on that you like and then finding channels that promote that sound.
Such as: www.youtube.com or www.youtube.com

Quote:
Also arent youtube files only Mp3's? I play on Big Festival systems like Funktion one, Danley, Pk and Avue and I would be laughed off the stage with MP3's

Trust me, man!!!! Don't, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, play a YouTube rip!! Even programs like Platinum Notes won't take shit and turn it into a diamond. YouTube is for REFERENCE ONLY!!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:25 AM - 7 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
How do you use Youtube to find music passively

It's just a matter of finding artists and the labels they release on that you like and then finding channels that promote that sound.

What he said...

Find some labels that you lik and subscribe to their Youtube channels - I like Defected Records - www.youtube.com

Traxsource used to have a podcast that promoted new hot tunes but you can also go to their essentials page and select your fav genre and it will auto play snippets - from there you can explore other labels, artists, remixers, etc

Here's the Traxsource Essentials www.traxsource.com and also browse or auto play the weekly Hype Charts = www.traxsource.com
blackavenger 2:54 AM - 7 January, 2018
I LOVE Traxsource.....waaaaay better than Beatport!!
577er 6:09 AM - 7 January, 2018
With YouTube it just auto plays another song at the end of the first song usually in a similar vein as where you started. Don’t rip those songs just discover songs / artists / labels you like. I like a lot of older stuff from one hit wonders so it’s perfect for digging up that kind of thing.

I also try and listen to all the mixes Mr. Scruff puts out. They are a treasure trove of great music across numerous genres. But “House” is a uselessly broad term these days so that might not be what your into.
HumbleGuy 7:28 PM - 7 January, 2018
@577er HAHA, Mr. Scruff is the shit, I remember when he burst on the scene with keep moving that french swing house track. Did you know he does all the music for the mobile game rolando which won many awards and has at least one sequel. If you like him you should check out Waldeck, Start with Ballroom stories, Thanks for the reply!!
577er 12:52 AM - 8 January, 2018
Had no idea that game even existed but glad the Scruffyone is getting some gamer love. Hopefully he’s getting some gamer money too! That NYE mix from two or three years back with Floating Points & Kwasi wuz one of the top mixes i’ve heard in along while.
HumbleGuy 7:28 PM - 8 January, 2018
Can you find a link, ill peepit.
577er 11:18 PM - 8 January, 2018
HumbleGuy 3:10 AM - 12 January, 2018
Thanks!!!
AlexWrong 2:59 AM - 14 February, 2018
Hi guys, try this link it will help to solve your problem :)
Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_soo 3:12 AM - 14 February, 2018
I believe scruff owns a tea room in manchester and DJs there weekly when he's not touring. He also has his own line of tea that he takes on tour with him and sells as merch.

Pretty sure he still only plays vinyl - even when he's doing his 6+ hour sets.
577er 6:13 AM - 14 February, 2018
Quote:
I believe scruff owns a tea room in manchester and DJs there weekly when he's not touring. He also has his own line of tea that he takes on tour with him and sells as merch.

Pretty sure he still only plays vinyl - even when he's doing his 6+ hour sets.

Yeah that whole tea thing he has going on is brilliant. He’s one of the DJs I want to hear play on the Despacio Sound System (not that they let other people play on it). That would be worth a trip across the pond.
Fin 10:47 AM - 14 February, 2018
One of my favourite places to get the latest house & techno tracks is soundeo.com

Affordable, and wav quality available at no extra cost.

I usually use it in conjunction with other pools & stores for the tracks I don't always have.
blackavenger 12:13 PM - 14 February, 2018
Quote:
One of my favourite places to get the latest house & techno tracks is soundeo.com

Yeah, Soundeo is GREAT!!
HumbleGuy 7:55 PM - 14 February, 2018
Thanks alot for the input, most f the beat Portals are letting me down as far as relevancy and their idea of genre classification is atrocious!!!
Waiv 6:32 PM - 27 February, 2018
good Youtube Channels:

Waivium
Slav
Slav.
Houseum
030esar0303
blanc
bracknell TV
Doubleu
EELF
illicit Dublin
Local Talk Records
OOUKFunkyOO
Stoop
LR 4991
HATE
CMYK
Apivore
J Hennessy 10:44 PM - 18 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, Soundeo is GREAT!!

Thanks for recommending Soundeo. I have been on there for the past couple of months and I've been loading up on good house music. It doesn't always have every track but there's tons of gold on there and it's cheeeeeeeap.
J Hennessy 9:09 PM - 8 June, 2018
Is Soundeo done? When I went to renew for another month it says they're not accepting new customers.
blackavenger 7:44 AM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
Is Soundeo done?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!

I think they might be done! My month ends on Monday 11th and after reading your post I went ahead and tried to re-up my membership for June. After multiple attempts, I repeatedly got this message!

imgur.com

Damn, that's a shame :'(
J Hennessy 8:13 PM - 9 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Is Soundeo done?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!

I think they might be done! My month ends on Monday 11th and after reading your post I went ahead and tried to re-up my membership for June. After multiple attempts, I repeatedly got this message!

imgur.com

Damn, that's a shame :'(

Yeah, that blows. I was getting a lot of good stuff there. Make those last two days count!
blackavenger 8:26 AM - 20 July, 2018
Well, apparently Soundeo got their shit together and fixed their credit card situation. I just re-upped my subscription yesterday. So, I'm here to report that it works again!