DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I HAVE JUST LANDED MY DREAM JOB

dj-dave-d 8:43 PM - 14 March, 2011
evenining all, i've just had the call confirming that im now a MINISTRY OF SOUND / HED KANDI international dj!!!

it hasn't sunk in yet tbh i still feel pretty numb

i've no idea how big the brands are in the u.s etc ? but here in the u.k they are massive.

whenever i'm in a club near you i'll be more than happy to put you on a guestlist ;)

cheers dave
Anu 8:48 PM - 14 March, 2011
Congrats......
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:50 PM - 14 March, 2011
Quote:
Congrats......

+1
Doctorjon 8:51 PM - 14 March, 2011
Nice!!!
supertrav540 9:22 PM - 14 March, 2011
congrats man
DjWoody 9:24 PM - 14 March, 2011
Nice 1!!! Congrats, Ministry of Sound is a pretty known brand here in the US too.
DJ Remy USA 10:33 PM - 14 March, 2011
Dope ministry of sound is very big in the U.S in certain circles. Not my kind of music but it does have a impact on its following. Anyways Congrats my dude
dj-dave-d 10:37 PM - 14 March, 2011
really ? what are they known for over there then as over here they cover all genra's exept hed kandi wich is just house
dj pesh 10:39 PM - 14 March, 2011
Congratulations Dave-d.
dj_soo 10:50 PM - 14 March, 2011
generally considered more of a commercial house kind of party here in NA i guess (not like mainstream house, but just moer accessible styles).

congrats on getting that big break!
dj_craigmac 11:12 PM - 14 March, 2011
CONGRATS!!! Hed Kandi is huge for soulful house here in the USA
dj-dave-d 11:16 PM - 14 March, 2011
thats awesome as i'll mostly be dj'ing for the hed kandi side of teh brand. hope to see you guy's over there soon ;)
ninos 11:45 PM - 14 March, 2011
congrats man!
BERTO 11:59 PM - 14 March, 2011
Addicted to bass winter edition!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:18 AM - 15 March, 2011
Ministry of Sound? Like the club? I hear the system there is unbelieveable...

Congrats!
sacrilicious 12:51 AM - 15 March, 2011
Congrats!
Discobee 1:54 AM - 15 March, 2011
Didn't Hed Kandi discontinue for a minute? And then it changed to Fierce Angels?

Either way, that's awesome news for you, it does sound like a dream gig that not many people can say they've obtained.

Love the Hed Kandi compilations!
DJBIGWIZ 3:58 AM - 15 March, 2011
congrats man, that's hot
AT^ 4:27 AM - 15 March, 2011
Congrats man!!!1
Henry GQ 6:07 AM - 15 March, 2011
sounds good.

but can someone please explain exactly is the ministry of sound?
at first it was a nightclub right? i think?
and now its more like a brand of clubs? or no?
i seen cds with the name. but im thinking it started with the club? and the djs that were there?
djSMIRK 10:06 AM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
sounds good.

i seen cds with the name. but im thinking it started with the club? and the djs that were there?

you're right..
it was first a club
now its a "brand" .. it includes the club, a label, clothing to name a few
djbanno 10:56 AM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

sounds good.

you're right..
it was first a club
now its a "Worldwide brand" .. it includes the club, a label, clothing to name a few

:)
Maskrider 1:20 PM - 15 March, 2011
They do tours with there djs just like the defected label.
Dubplate10" 1:51 PM - 15 March, 2011
Not been to Ministry since the AWOL days, sound system in the box room was off the hook!!!
DJDeluchi 2:20 PM - 15 March, 2011
awsome news man look forward to seeing your work in and around the uk aswell
Henry GQ 5:41 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

sounds good.

you're right..
it was first a club
now its a "brand" .. it includes the club, a label, clothing to name a few

thats what i was thinking. i always wanted to do that here. get some club behind me and my ideas and make a brand out of it. and hit up every major city.

theres places that are kinda in the same idea. like cadillac ranch, or barroom, at least those r the ones in my area..
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:17 PM - 15 March, 2011
Big ups. I think I have some ministry of sound slipmats from 10 years ago..... I keep everything ;)
dj-dave-d 7:10 PM - 15 March, 2011
cheers for all the kind messages guy's :) i won't have anything to do with the club i don't think (unless there's a tour heading that way) i will be dj'ing on behalf of both brands touring all over the world.

yes actual ministry clubs are known for their systems as they use funktion 1 systems. same as space in ibiza
Dj Farhan 12:01 AM - 16 March, 2011
damn, thats awesome dude
thewevel 1:55 AM - 16 March, 2011
Did they call you out of the blue, did you respond to a Craigslist ad or what? Do you have an agent? I'm just curious about the process you went through.
thewevel 1:57 AM - 16 March, 2011
also congrats
Forevernightdj 3:49 AM - 16 March, 2011
MoS great crew , congrtas man!
Dubplate10" 9:10 AM - 16 March, 2011
valdini 10:31 AM - 16 March, 2011
I run the events out of Dubai, sure Gareth might send you out our way sometime if your doing well... good luck with it all mate!

Hosting one of the 20th Birthday events (20 parties in twenty cities) in April as it goes ;)

K
Dj Farhan 3:13 PM - 16 March, 2011
^ hey feel free to fly me in as well :P
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:10 PM - 16 March, 2011
Yeah, I'll take a ticket too.
Tunecrew 5:10 PM - 16 March, 2011
that's great man - congrats!
dj-dave-d 5:43 PM - 16 March, 2011
Quote:
Did they call you out of the blue, did you respond to a Craigslist ad or what? Do you have an agent? I'm just curious about the process you went through.

well sort of my boss called me asking for some mixes asap, i thought it was odd but did it as you would. he then sent my mixes to hiis guy at ministry/ hed kandy and rang me to tell me that i had the job (that i didnt know i was gong for) lol and thats how it happened. i think theres a lot more to it than that as i have some high profile resdencies without them i think it would have been a diffrent story. but i'm glad really as i've paid my due's and worked my way up, so it will be the same for anyone else.

Quote:
I run the events out of Dubai, sure Gareth might send you out our way sometime if your doing well... good luck with it all mate!

Hosting one of the 20th Birthday events (20 parties in twenty cities) in April as it goes ;)

K

hey man, fingers crossed :) i'de love to come over that way !!! good luck with the birthday party ;)

dave
Henry GQ 8:30 PM - 16 March, 2011
Quote:

K

a friend of mine. leanne etzel lives in dubai, she freakin loves it there. i see the pics on facebook and im sooooo jealous. if i travel anywhere out of the us. i would love to see that place!
DJ Quartz 9:24 PM - 16 March, 2011
Congrats!
J0be 10:36 PM - 16 March, 2011
Congratulations Dave, I'm jealous as fuck ;-)
TJ56 12:17 PM - 17 March, 2011
Love the Hed Kandi label and style of music.
Would love to hear some of those mixes Dave. do you have a website or some other type of acc where we can listen? (Then critique/rip them to shreds lol only joking m8)
Seriously tho, Congratulations and all the very best for the future.
dj-dave-d 2:22 PM - 17 March, 2011
Quote:
Love the Hed Kandi label and style of music.
Would love to hear some of those mixes Dave. do you have a website or some other type of acc where we can listen? (Then critique/rip them to shreds lol only joking m8)
Seriously tho, Congratulations and all the very best for the future.

hey tj heres my soundcloud. soundcloud.com
its not my best work as it was recorded under very difficult conditions but it gives you an idea

cheers dave
TJ56 2:38 PM - 17 March, 2011
Hi Dave and thanks for the reply/link
look forward to checking it out later.

hope to have a new mix (hed kandi/house) on my soundcloud acc soon, if i can stop the damn dropouts grrrrr

all the best
Dj_Roger 8:25 PM - 17 March, 2011
Congrats Dave, thats so cool, both hed kandi and MOS are big here in Norway so if u ever gonna come over for a gig give me a shout, nice mixes
TJ56 9:53 PM - 17 March, 2011
Quote:

hey tj heres my soundcloud. soundcloud.com
its not my best work as it was recorded under very difficult conditions but it gives you an idea

cheers dave

hey dave, likeing the twisted disco mix, love the every word track by tyken, one of my faves, prefer original mix tbh tho but each to there own ;-)
anyway added you in, look forward to more from you.
Dj-Tj
aka Rob
dj-dave-d 11:02 PM - 17 March, 2011
@ roger cheers man, if im even over that way ill hit you up ;)

@tj yeah i prefer the original also tbh but it wouldnt have "fitted" in with the mix

btw the difficult circumsttances i meade the mixes under was that i made them with no sound at all. i did it late one night and my mrs was in bed so everything was done in the headphones lol i didnt hear any of the master untill i listened bac to my mix.

cheers dave
TJ56 11:12 PM - 17 March, 2011
^^yeah i know what you mean by havin to mix/practice with headphones only.
on the tyken track i find it quite a difficult track to fit in most times so not really played it for ages, apart from personal listenage :)