DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ MANAGEMENT/AGENCY

DJ WhO 9:45 PM - 26 June, 2007
Anybody know of a good management company or agency that reps dj's & that has a good roster of dj's? Im looking for an agency that I can work with about getting bookings across the citys & market myself in different clubs.
DJ_Motion 10:01 PM - 26 June, 2007
WHO?
Dj Nyce 10:37 PM - 29 June, 2007
www.cegtalent.com

you might have to have some buzz to fuck with them tho
DJDLO 415 11:11 PM - 29 June, 2007
hahaha dam they got a bunch of killers on the pay roll....
DJBlisk 11:18 PM - 29 June, 2007
Peter Wentz?
papsworth 11:25 PM - 29 June, 2007
LOL
papsworth 11:25 PM - 29 June, 2007
DJBlisk 11:32 PM - 29 June, 2007
My girl's buddy is one of those skamartist DJs. those dudes sound like if they are doing really well. they hold it down in hollywood and vegas.
Rebelguy 11:44 PM - 29 June, 2007
Yeah they are pretty much running Vegas right now. You could also check out:

www.elevationent.net
papsworth 11:51 PM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
My girl's buddy is one of those skamartist DJs. those dudes sound like if they are doing really well. they hold it down in hollywood and vegas.

yeah my friend andy is with them they are holding down vegas and la and they are pretty much holding down the country...

yeah they are doing really well it's probably the best agency imo.
poloi3eai2 12:03 AM - 30 June, 2007
Quote:
www.cegtalent.com

you might have to have some buzz to fuck with them tho

Some buzz?? You gotta be pretty damn popular to fuck with them. Their roster includes Skibble, AM, Funk Flex, Crooklyn Clan, and Green Lantern to name a few. I dont think you can be a local club DJ and try to do business with them. It's dope that Enferno along side those nationally known DJ's.
DjWoody 9:54 PM - 11 December, 2007
I just emailed SKAM. I have nothing to loose. Hopefully they'll get back to me.
DJ XTC 6:11 AM - 13 December, 2007
Anyone have anything out in Philly, NYC, or Jersey
Bigfourty4 2:20 PM - 13 December, 2007
I use my brother. He owns his own record label and clothing company. He also knows a lot of people and gets a lot of crazy requests.

We had Travis from Gym Class Heroes stay at our house one time...he was pretty cool. This was before they blew up. Half the songs that were hot were about a year or two old by the time they got big.

He's also friends with the dudes from All American Rejects....

He pretty much endorses all of them with clothing
Heroineclothing.com

Other than that....its just who you know...especially people in the music industry.

Overall...I am able to handle simple requests on my own...but my brother sets me up with larger events and handles all the talking and negotiation....I just don't have time due to the fact that its more of a second job for me
Bigfourty4 2:23 PM - 13 December, 2007
also..that ceg talent site...that's not necessary their main booking person/manager.....all those guys have a pool of resources that rep them.
DJ Young Dirty 8:32 PM - 13 December, 2007
Any Good Booking agencies for a DJ in the Carolinas?
DJ SPAIR 11:29 PM - 13 December, 2007
We just signed with this booking agency,but they actually inquired about us.

www.premiereartistsgroup.com
freshtodeath 11:57 PM - 13 December, 2007
SPAIR or anyone who is using a agency can you explain to us how it works? Do they book you gigs and then take a percentage per say?

I also assume these agencys will not take any joe smoe DJ.
DJ Limelight 1:49 AM - 14 December, 2007
Congrats Spair!
Sheeds 2:35 AM - 14 December, 2007
so is it the agency that gets you the big gig, or the talent of the DJ? I'm confused
DJ SPAIR 6:06 AM - 14 December, 2007
Quote:
SPAIR or anyone who is using a agency can you explain to us how it works? Do they book you gigs and then take a percentage per say?

I also assume these agencys will not take any joe smoe DJ.

Most booking agencies are typically set up with the same business structure.The booking agent will take anywhere from 10 to 20% of what ever work they get you,so it is in there best interest to get your work at a high rate. All the booking agencies listed on this post are unique in there own way. For example the one that we signed with caters to more of a Turntablist market. They do bookings for Qbert and Jazzy Jeff and create tours for there Dj's. It looks as if Skam Artist books for more Vegas style Dj's.

Oh yeah.. Your popularity plays a big roll in why a booking agency wants you on there roster. Big name Dj's like Skribble and Kid Capri are the booking agents bread and butter.
B-Naut 7:40 AM - 10 September, 2011
I noticed this thread has not been updated since 2007. I am a 17 year veteran DJ/ Remix Artist/ VJ from Atlanta. Would anyone have any updated suggestions (hopefully complete with email addresses and URLs who to introduce myself to)???
geeunot 10:29 PM - 10 September, 2011
you're 17 and you're a veteran? hahha
DJ K-Zee 10:35 PM - 10 September, 2011
Quote:
I noticed this thread has not been updated since 2007. I am a 17 year veteran DJ/ Remix Artist/ VJ from Atlanta. Would anyone have any updated suggestions (hopefully complete with email addresses and URLs who to introduce myself to)???

Geeunot maybe you should re-read what he posted.
He isn't 17 he has 17 years of experience...
DJ Tecniq 10:41 PM - 10 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Geeunot maybe you should re-read what he posted.
He isn't 17 he has 17 years of experience...
LOL..
B-Naut 2:16 AM - 11 September, 2011
Um...yeah. re-read that. I'm 35 years old. I have been a DJ for 17 years. I think that may qualify me as a veteran. Hell, it might qualify me for Medicare...I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I am at a point in my career where I can't be self reliant and expect to expand beyond local notariety. I have things I want to check off my bucket list and that requires better management and achieving a short tour.

I tried using things like Indie Bible to find places to play but they rarely update the nightclubs as often as I'd want...and most venues they (and other similar resources) list are slanted toward full rock bands. I searched for management a few years ago. In the end, I got frustrated because most artist management is centered around managing bands. What's worse is, because of their experience with bands, celebrities, and other non-nightclub circus acts, the few who were brave and willing to take me on had a huge learning curve I had to drag them through because we DJs are a totally different animal to most agents I met.

I don't want that headache all over again. So...that being said, who has updated suggestions of agencies who deal in House Music / Turntablism / Mashups / VJs ???
talon212 3:06 AM - 4 January, 2012
I just moved to kansas from florida and I want to know if there is any agencies in kansas that could possibly help me, I have about 12 years under my belt.
Josh Z Ent LLC 4:07 PM - 4 February, 2012
If someone is interested in booking DJ's they should contact Josh Z Ent LLC
They manage a few DJ's and do a great job at it.

DJ Nico- soundcloud.com
DJ Keith Herman- soundcloud.com
Smoking Coyote- soundcloud.com
Pheonix Jagger- soundcloud.com
DJ Dr4g0n- soundcloud.com
Josh Z Ent LLC 4:07 PM - 4 February, 2012
www.facebook.com

I think this is their FB Page
DJYoshi 5:04 PM - 6 February, 2012
most agencies work on referral or if you're crazy popular.
I don't use a booking agency for most of my things... you can be pretty damn successful without using an agency.
aside from CEG, there's SKAM, Moodswing 360, AM Group.... all who will not even come close to signing me.
Mike_P 5:17 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
www.facebook.com

I think this is their FB Page

You THINK this is THEIR Facebook page when your name on the board is Josh Z Ent LLC??? Hahahaha! Grow a brain and GTFOHWTMFBS!
Mike_P 5:19 PM - 6 February, 2012
And why the fuck would you try to sell DJs to a message board full of DJs? Eat a dick.
Dj Nature 7:21 PM - 6 February, 2012
Wowza.
I once heard of this guy DJ Nature.. I think that's his name
Dj Nature 7:26 PM - 6 February, 2012
As far as most of the agencies listed, I think you have to be carrying a lot of weight and they'll come to you, or more of a naturally occurring intro. I don't imagine the likes of SKAM, Moodswing, etc signing many DJs who contact them out of the blue looking for representation. That being said, can't knock the hustle and it can't hurt
DjDynamite374 4:06 AM - 27 September, 2012
I'm in the Tri State Area (MS, LA , AL) does anyone know any booking management company or agency?
dj-freestyle 4:15 PM - 27 September, 2012
Skam seems to be the biggest for placing djs in the clubs around the country. Bad boy bill does about 250 club gigs a year and he is with skam.
djricosanchez 7:42 PM - 30 August, 2014
From my experience in approaching several colleagues and one or two agencies here and there. They all have told me that you have to be generating an average of $3,000 per gig. I've been told that no agency is gonna approach any artists below those wages due to the small percentage they have to make a profit from - 20% out of $3000 is only $600, for the amount of introductory calls, press-kit mailings, advertising and PR they have to do. So it's not worth the time or money. However you can take it upon yourself to create a serious buzz by doing what we all do, remixes, mixes, producing and in general DJing. If you want to seek media/agency attention find a publicist. A good publicist can be costly, but you can sometimes find someone willing to work with you on the craigslist of the bigger cities the likes of NY and LA. In addition to this very dilemma I often found that if you're not popular with DJs this too can hurt you. Why? Because... If a Club Owner or Promoter gets approach with any propaganda in regards to booking you, the first thing they do is go ask the DJ they've been working with if they have heard of you. This usually ends up in a bad situation, cause there are haters, people who simply will be too honest (= they never heard of you) or be like he's not worth the money. I suggest you do your research and approach DJs in select cities and network, network, network. When you become a friend it's easier to gain access to the venue you're pursuing. I've always said that if I generate that much money per gig, why split it with an agency?, If I'm able to generate that, I would open an office and create a cold call sales and promotion company, pretty much a label and turn agency myself. The next approach is the indie artist or the major artist who needs a DJ, you'd be surprise at how many major artists have DJ issues, from Kanye to the unknown who are touring. One thing I've witnessed is that most major artists are stuck up, but their DJs are in reality the rock stars, they get the groupies, smash, etc.. But this becomes a problem in the long term and indeed end up getting them in trouble with the artists. DJs miss flights, are too hammered for the show, can't cue songs, the list goes on. My point, always, always give an Artist or his manager your data. I've managed to tour in India and Australia with independent guys. So, trust me the hustle is real, in fact all it takes is investing in yourself. My issue and like most DJs I know... is Laziness and Procrastination. I've told myself plenty of times I was gonna make at least 5 mixes for the week and did nothing. I got like 65 songs in my DAWs and I've only put out 4 on beatport. - Anyway good luck in the hustle and reach out to me if you need some advice. - Best Regards, Rico Sanchez | @djricosanchez | www.djricosanchez.com
Jairen 9:30 PM - 30 August, 2014
J blenz 1:57 AM - 25 June, 2017
I'VE BEEN READING THIS THREAD AND IT'S BEEN PRETTY INTERESTING . THE BEST THING I CAN SAY IS TO BE A BRAND . PRODUCE MUSIC AND MAKE ALBUMS . THAT'S PUT YOU IN A MORE MARKETABLE POSITION FOR AGENTS AND AGENCIES AS WELL AS A REASON FOR MORE PEOPLE TO PUT YOU ON . THERE YOU GO . GET A DUPE SOUND AND RELEASE MUSIC .
Rebelguy 5:33 AM - 25 June, 2017
Also buy a keyboard that doesn't have a broken caps button.
J blenz 1:46 PM - 25 June, 2017
@Rebel guy . Is that better for you ? Like whether i or whoever spells in caps is going to make you go blind or hurt your eyes . If you can read it then the message got across . People make such a big deal about that .. why ?? Words are words . I don't feel the dramatics of letters on a screen like I do if I was in a room talking with people .
Rebelguy 5:07 PM - 25 June, 2017
Quote:
@Rebel guy . Is that better for you ? Like whether i or whoever spells in caps is going to make you go blind or hurt your eyes . If you can read it then the message got across . People make such a big deal about that .. why ?? Words are words . I don't feel the dramatics of letters on a screen like I do if I was in a room talking with people .

Yes much better. And yes to some people it is distracting visually to read messages in all caps. If it's not a big deal to you then why do it?
J blenz 7:29 PM - 25 June, 2017
I'm saying ... I just wanted to type my message. Apologies though
Jarrell Johnson 4:18 AM - 2 September, 2017
Any booking agencies for the bay area?
DJ Psycho1973 6:48 AM - 16 May, 2018
Hi, I run a Event company and DJ agency Named Scientific Sound Asia and we are always looking for new talent, however we are based in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, so depends what region you are in to be honest! Anyway here is our site if you are in the region then why not?

www.scientificsound.asia
Stargayz 5:19 PM - 27 March, 2019
How about Managment or Agencies that specialize in Gay clubs & events. I’ve been DJing since the early 90s with some pretty successful periods. I want to pursue it harder now and would like to travel and book events putting on nights for the LGBTQ community. Suggestions?
DJ ZOMBIE 11:49 AM - 12 September, 2019
Yo,

Zombie here in Colorado. I play at MilkBar in Denver quite a bit spinning goth, industrial, electronic, 80's and just about anything else which keeps em dancing. I generally just fill guest spots at the night clubs, but have about 5 years DJing out at clubs, parties and events and I have about 15 years experience in Audio, Video, Lighting Technician and corporate events. I'm now 43, and I do have world experience traveling and building events, but as I continue to get older, I wish to work more as a DJ and make money traveling playing events, and less time working as a AV tech. It would seem as I have worked building concerts and events for many well known artists, musicians and DJ's, but now I want to elevate my professional aspects of playing out, gaining an agent or agency of some kind and be payed to do what I love doing.
Peace and Thank you 🙏 Zombie
iAM_Tamir 9:21 AM - 26 December, 2019
I am Deaf but actually hard of hearing, 34 years old, started in The Bronx, NYC reside now Greensboro North Carolina
I'm survivor ‘14 hit by a car in New York City. BA Degree in communication studies ’19 at Gallaudet University
Started Electronic Dance Music scene ‘12

www.nydailynews.com

www.instagram.com

genres are electronica, dance and the progressive house
I have a hard time search for music agent because my city in NC venus club local be faking with me because I'm Deaf and how looking even although they knew my mix is sick I did play few small parties with the small crowd but I want big crowd like club n stage

there's any help me with my best contact? I'm willing to play collaboration for once. I try to get my name out networking so I can be solo DJ later

most of the time I play in my own house for 5 years now after I had accidentally in 2014

please help me
thank you
happy holiday