Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

scratchlive keeps closing while tryin to scan files

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
-
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:31 PM - 1 March, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.2
Hardware: no-hardware
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.6
---

ok i got a seagate goflex 1.5 tb for my b day.i transferred mt files onto it and decided to try and clean it up a bit.
by doin this outside of serato i knew i would have to relocate lost files etc.i copy database files for my crates etc which woked perfect .

the problem however is the program closes wit error whist reading and/or searching for my music,i dragged folders of music inside scratchlive>files drag to all.

am i doing this wrong or is it some how finding bad songs or wht..
please help and thanks in advance .

5:41 PM, 1 Mar 2011
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: Scratch LIVE_2011-03-01-103517_tarrence-prices-MacBook-Pro.crash
Download· Permalink
DJ.T.BOOGIE 5:45 PM - 1 March, 2011
here is the latest crash report .
2008 macbook pro
2.4ghz intel core 2 dou
4gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram
250gb hd w/208gb avail

1.5tb seagate gpflex w/firewire 290gb avail
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:18 PM - 1 March, 2011
Hello T Boogie,

I'm not sure what is going on but please try downgrading to version 2.0 --> serato.com and then try importing your files.

Let us know your findings:)
DJ.T.BOOGIE 7:18 PM - 1 March, 2011
ok so just drag 2.2 to trash then install i assume
DJ.T.BOOGIE 7:27 PM - 1 March, 2011
do i replace the database files wit crate info again or leave it as is?
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:49 PM - 1 March, 2011
Leave everything as is for now.

FYI.. the database file does not store any crate info but it does tell SSL what files have been imported.
The .crate files inside the Subcrate folder is what stores the crate info.
8:03 PM, 1 Mar 2011
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: Scratch LIVE_2011-03-01-145314_tarrence-prices-MacBook-Pro.crash
Download· Permalink
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:03 PM - 1 March, 2011
crashed..
i dragged 2.2 to trash then installed 2.0 .it still said there was a new version on my mac i installed anyway left everything else the same
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:07 PM - 1 March, 2011
Ok.. do this:

1. Completely shut down SSL.
2. Open your Macintosh HD drive.
3. Click on your 'Music' folder (you might need to click on the house icon to see your music folder).
4. Open the 'ScratchLIVE' folder.
5. Rename the 'databaseV2' file to something other than its original name. I usually rename it 'corruptdatabaseV2'.

If your using an external drive open the _ScratchLIVE_ folder on your external and rename the databaseV2 file in there as well.

6. Re-open SSL.

If done correctly you will see your tags getting re-written at the bottom of the page.

Note: Rebuilding the databaseV2 file will revert all of the 'date added' dates to today's date and will delete any files out of SSL that aren't currently in a crate or playlist.

Once done, try relocating your files by dragggin/dropping the folder(s) your music files are stored in on your external directly onto the 'relocate lost files' tab.
Don't just click the tab.
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:15 PM - 1 March, 2011
ok thanks for responding so fast also
still using 2.0 for this.wil post back after this
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:18 PM - 1 March, 2011
thats the "_serato_ " folder right ..no sccratchlive folder there
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:24 PM - 1 March, 2011
ok i ranamed folder to "corruptdatabaseV2" in both locations.opened scratchlive
it said loading crates but 5 mins and nothings loaded..its not froze or anything but not loading automatic
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:34 PM - 1 March, 2011
miread step 5 sorry.. its going now ..told me unable to read sumthing (went too fast for me to read) but its scannin @ bottom will post back

thanks
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:56 PM - 3 March, 2011
update ...i still have a bunch of pink unfound files but alot of them are white.so half of the songs in crates r unusable.is there a way to solve this or do i have to find manually(tht would b a pain lol.i also rescanned for id3 tags with not much success. no crash though :)
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:42 PM - 3 March, 2011
If you do a search for one of these pink files in the 'all' section do you see more than one version?
One that plays and one that doesn't?
DJ.T.BOOGIE 10:54 PM - 3 March, 2011
it comes up pink and white sp yea one pla one dont
DJ.T.BOOGIE 11:05 PM - 3 March, 2011
i removed the numbers and names tht wer doubled from somg names it seems thats the proble i guess.maybe i screwed myself by renaming outside of ssl