DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ VICE live 3hr set KISS & FLY NEW YORK

dj buterd hams 4:14 AM - 28 February, 2011
Henry GQ 4:36 AM - 28 February, 2011
hams are u on his nuts or what ? every post u have is ab him.. or r u him?
Henry GQ 4:36 AM - 28 February, 2011
oh no disrespect... i like listening to his sets as well haha
StreetFighta 5:22 AM - 28 February, 2011
good set
dj poisonous handz 1:05 AM - 1 March, 2011
Quote:
hams are u on his nuts or what ? every post u have is ab him.. or r u him?

some serious nutswinging. but nice mix regardless!
dj buterd hams 3:11 AM - 2 March, 2011
definetly no nut swinging . but i do respect the mixin . i posted fashen stuff or whatever ,mix i think i should post . i know i use to like comin on the forum and finding post of mixs that people did . he just posted 2 mixs back to back . simple .

so if u find any mixs from melo-d to gusto etcc post them
Henry GQ 4:27 AM - 2 March, 2011
i know that some djs pop on here with a differen name trying to promote themselves and gain name recognition
dj buterd hams 5:34 AM - 2 March, 2011
Quote:
i know that some djs pop on here with a differen name trying to promote themselves and gain name recognition

what u mean ?
DJ G-NUTZ 5:53 AM - 2 March, 2011
Man major nut grabbing here! lmfao
dj buterd hams 5:56 AM - 2 March, 2011
wtf nutz
DJ G-NUTZ 5:57 AM - 2 March, 2011
haha! what up kid thanks for posting the mix..
Henry GQ 6:46 AM - 2 March, 2011
i mean.. they dont use their dj name, but an alias.. just to get their real dj name out there. more times u hear vice, the more u think hes somebody.. even if it isnt that well known in his area(which he is)
pdidy 8:54 AM - 2 March, 2011
not feelin the shit
DJ Alkemy 12:20 PM - 2 March, 2011
I respect the actual mixing and Vice seems like a real cool guy but if I was in that club I would HATE it. All that europop sounding garbage, way too much of it. I guess thats just club music in this day and age.
dj buterd hams 4:06 PM - 2 March, 2011
this i believe was in new york and i think it was lil jon bday. so i dont know if it was as serious as tao or something .

@ henry i got u but definetly dont think i am vice, hahaha .

i just posted fashen jumpoff mix link on the fashen thread of his old power mix , check it
DJ G-NUTZ 9:36 PM - 2 March, 2011
Ha! I thought I was the only one not feeling this mix. The tracks were dope but I guess the energy wasn't there that night. As much sets and traveling he does your bound to have these off days.
DJ NewYork 9:54 PM - 2 March, 2011
Mix is craaaZZYY hot! @DJ Butterd Hams thanks this just shows how official vice really is.
djanthonyd 11:43 PM - 2 March, 2011
wasn't really feeling his mixing style..almost led me to believe something wasn't right with his equipment.. all he would do is loop and let the other track in..at least for a good chunk of the mix. Seen a lot better from him
dj poisonous handz 1:15 AM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
I respect the actual mixing and Vice seems like a real cool guy but if I was in that club I would HATE it. All that europop sounding garbage, way too much of it. I guess thats just club music in this day and age.

yezir
djchrischip 7:02 AM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yezir

I kind of agree.. I personally am not a fan of the type of music... but look at the spot.. kiss n fly is 1 of the MOST exclusive parties filled with socialites, bankers, high class hipsters, and well this is what they listen too... (check chachi's fashion mixes as opposed to his early mur mur mixes etc...) Basically u play 4 the crowd n tht is what they want out here (HIGH HIGH CLASSS SUPER EXPENSIVE BOTTLE SERVICE)...

conversely u go a little lower down the food chain (where I reside) at lik ur basic bridge and tunnel <meaning tri state area> bottle service lounges u get ur more traditional hip hop, top 40, occassionally reggae, commercial house/ dirty dutch electro type play lists....

WHAT really impressed the shit out of me was tht latin section really did not know they played stuff like that in kiss n fly and DEF didn't know Vice was up on it... I been studying music and really want to start getting into latin music, merengue, bachata, salsa etc
djchrischip 5:14 PM - 3 March, 2011
ok now on 2nd thought I listened to the mix oof... played dynamite 2wice, tracks played for wayyy too long... this is nyc- we lik tracks for 45 seconds lol... def not vice's best work at all... I am chalkin it up to its his boys bday (lil jon) n the amount of liquor tht he prob consumed... enough to prob kill an elephant lol
djchrischip 5:17 PM - 3 March, 2011
However I am still chalking the song selection to Management forcing djs to abandon hip hop and stick to 128bpm all night and play new hipster type ish...
really really cant believe this is vice playing

this is the same guy
Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
victor_M 5:34 PM - 3 March, 2011
you guys do realize this was for the BPM station on XM. The station that plays nothing euro club.
victor_M 5:35 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

yezir

I kind of agree.. I personally am not a fan of the type of music... but look at the spot.. kiss n fly is 1 of the MOST exclusive parties filled with socialites, bankers, high class hipsters, and well this is what they listen too... (check chachi's fashion mixes as opposed to his early mur mur mixes etc...) Basically u play 4 the crowd n tht is what they want out here (HIGH HIGH CLASSS SUPER EXPENSIVE BOTTLE SERVICE)...

conversely u go a little lower down the food chain (where I reside) at lik ur basic bridge and tunnel <meaning tri state area> bottle service lounges u get ur more traditional hip hop, top 40, occassionally reggae, commercial house/ dirty dutch electro type play lists....

WHAT really impressed the shit out of me was tht latin section really did not know they played stuff like that in kiss n fly and DEF didn't know Vice was up on it... I been studying music and really want to start getting into latin music, merengue, bachata, salsa etc

he did suprised me with the spanish..however.. playing suavamente....looks like
1. He was reaching.
2. He needed to flip the floor.
djchrischip 8:52 PM - 3 March, 2011
Quote:
you guys do realize this was for the BPM station on XM. The station that plays nothing euro club.

more telling then that is the bagatelle brunch... tht is the crazy party tht lik mad high society goes to n well i think jaques dumas djs there... (they had him at deko a couple of saturdays)... this is what he plays tht hipster euro pop disco type stuff....

@the suavemente comment... he might of been really wrecked and been lik wtf might as well n just dropped it... in this set he dropped the star wars intro symphony at one point.. and pulled some PAULY D type ish... jumping from no hands to dynamite to empire state of mind with some baby scratches... almost didnt believe he was djing n this is all a joke lol
Henry GQ 1:27 AM - 4 March, 2011
WTF!
tell me im wrong in what im seeing and hearing here
hes using the loop rool in the video. but the loop when u shortne it shortens to the front, not the back???

is the a fuckin eater egg. if so. this is bullshit to hide from regualr djs. FUCK THAT!

check out watch 1:38 to 2:00
Watchwww.youtube.com
djchrischip 3:40 AM - 4 March, 2011
@gq ur wrong
I BELIEVE (i might be wrong)

on slot 1 he had a "pre planned loop" I feel loved...

he gets rid of tht loop by hitting the arrow to the "A" loop slot
n then manually hits say a 2 beat loop n then manually autoloop decay echo out effect type sound
djchrischip 3:42 AM - 4 March, 2011
lik watch his hand @ 1:56ish- 1:59 (2:01)
Henry GQ 5:27 AM - 4 March, 2011
mmmm i dunno
Djaward 5:47 AM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
WTF!
hes using the loop rool in the video. but the loop when u shortne it shortens to the front, not the back???

is the a fuckin eater egg. if so. this is bullshit to hide from regualr djs. FUCK THAT!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Dj VIce has certain songs on loops so he can mix out of. Ive seen him play live 3 times
1 at djcity
2 Tao
3 Lavo
all the 3 times, he used the same technic by looping a song to make it easier to mix out of.
Also, most of these club radio DJs study their serato to the fullest.
Check out my boy dj cokee. He studied this program the full extent. Ive never seen serato being used this way.
Watchwww.youtube.com

SO I DONT THINK VICE IS USING A SPECIAL TRICK.
Henry GQ 6:16 AM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

WTF!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Dj VIce has certain songs on loops so he can mix out of. Ive seen him play live 3 times
1 at djcity
2 Tao
3 Lavo
all the 3 times, he used the same technic by looping a song to make it easier to mix out of.
Check out my boy dj cokee. He studied this program the full extent. Ive never seen serato being used this way.
Watchwww.youtube.com

do u understand what im saying ab the looping tho and how it cut to the back? instead of the front of the loop..
the_black_one 6:18 AM - 4 March, 2011
i hear you henry
jevo9 6:59 AM - 4 March, 2011
dj vice is dope its just the style of the club.
Djaward 7:05 AM - 4 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

WTF!

Watchwww.youtube.com

1 at djcity
2 Tao
3 Lavo
Watchwww.youtube.com

do u understand what im saying ab the looping tho and how it cut to the back? instead of the front of the loop..

Yes I do. And I cant explain it. Only thing I can think of is perfect timing. Sorry Henry.
Henry GQ 7:26 AM - 4 March, 2011
i would liek to see someone break down this video and show me what he did there. cuz its kind of interesting..
El_MaUri 7:56 AM - 4 March, 2011
@GQ - He had a 4 beat loop going. He then "turned it off" at the beginning of the loop and set a 2 beat loop over "love" and then cut it down to a 1 beat loop.
Henry GQ 7:57 AM - 4 March, 2011
i gotta mess around tomorrow and see whats up..
too late now to pull everything out and experiment..
djchrischip 7:55 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
@GQ - He had a 4 beat loop going. He then "turned it off" at the beginning of the loop and set a 2 beat loop over "love" and then cut it down to a 1 beat loop.

thts wat i said
Deejay Sam 10:22 AM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

WTF!

Watchwww.youtube.com

1 at djcity
2 Tao
3 Lavo
Watchwww.youtube.com

if this is on the radio then how come its unedited at 2:40 during riverside?
StreetFighta 2:08 PM - 31 March, 2011
it could be on a delay
nik39 10:11 PM - 31 March, 2011
Nice.