Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Relative Control Vinyl

DJJorel 2:40 AM - 20 June, 2007
I think this feature would help some DJs who use relative mode almost exclusively.

I know the tracks are 5 minutes long, but is there anyway to make the control signal an endless track at the end of each 5 minutes? I thought about this because I was watching my friend spin. He mixed in a song, but the needle was near the end of the record already.

The one example I can think of is the the last scratch tone at the end of Side B of Bionic Booger Breaks. The tone just went on forever... The other examples I can think of are the Ys and Superseal break records...

I don't know if this is possible since there is a timecode in the vinyl, but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the timecode null when in relative mode?

As for myself, I still use absolute 90% of the time. I think this would help though, since I know a lot of people are moving to relative.

I'm not sure if this has been considered already...just let me know if it has been brought up.
djkris1 3:32 AM - 20 June, 2007
dude
that is a BRILLIANT idea

i use relative exclusively so i never have to worry about skipping

but i always forget to move the needle back and sometimes run into internal mode and dont even know it
AdamJay 5:02 AM - 20 June, 2007
i read somewhere that they couldn't reliably press a "locked groove" with time code.
that'd be why they dont do that. search the forum, i beleive i read it here.

tip: use the B side of your vinyl, its longer. and use 33rpm if you don't mind it.
nik39 8:14 AM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
i read somewhere that they couldn't reliably press a "locked groove" with time code.
that'd be why they dont do that. search the forum, i beleive i read it here.

Dito.
cappinkirk 5:20 PM - 20 June, 2007
wouldn't it make a click every time it went around? not a major click but a little pop for sure. anything to detract from the audio (especially every revolution & not usually on beat) is not a good idea IMO.
AKIEM 7:35 PM - 20 June, 2007
I believe that it could be done, it just might not be easy

and perhaps the software could wrecognize the glitch.
cappinkirk 7:51 PM - 20 June, 2007
you can cut your groove and make yer own! dj's do it all the time partna but it might be weird. have you ever seen a dj set where they cut their own locked groove and make a beat skip? in relative mode it may be ok but i don't think the clicking/popping will produce good results. the song may stutter since the emulation would be halted for a fraction of a second on each revolution.

i am purely guessing though, it may work fine.
djkris1 9:59 PM - 20 June, 2007
well on another thread i mentioned spray painting my vinyl to get colored vinyl

of course not BLASTING it with paint, yet just a ''tint''
and then seeing what the results are

so i'll also sacrifice that vinyl by cutting a little deal in it to creat a homemade locked groove and let ya dudes know the results

i'll do it 2morrow evening and get back to ya to let ya know my actual results
AKIEM 10:12 PM - 20 June, 2007
try a hot needle
cappinkirk 2:02 AM - 21 June, 2007
i wouldnt do the paint thing you will probably damage your needle (maybe use a busted needle) maybe not though if they really are made of diamonds i guess that is the hardest substance.