Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

New problem with 1.4

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
spinjin 6:44 AM - 14 May, 2005
This is a new problem for me. I've never had this with 1.3. When I am moving the record back and forth on a particular track, the track will change to another (or other tracks). It's like SSL thinks I am using the vinyl select select part of the control record to select a track even when I'm not.

It really sucks because when I am moving preparing to mix a cued track into the mix, the song will change to a different one. And depending on what specific area the needle is at, the new track will start there ... so it's no good to let go of the record (because now I'd have to cue the unintentionally chosen track) This problem is preventing me from mixing live with 1.4.
Revolutionary 7:22 AM - 14 May, 2005
Hmm. You haven't rewired anything? And that new auto thing is turned off?
spinjin 10:49 AM - 14 May, 2005
I tried doing another (2 hour long) set and the problem didn't occur. I'm hoping it doesn't come back. I'm thinking it might have been some unknown service working in the background.

Rev, I haven't rewired anything. Everything is untouched. I only uninstalled 1.3 and installed 1.4. By the way, did you mean to say if the "auto file removal" feature is turned off on my system? If you did, I leave it on only so that I can delete any file at any discretion. Is this a bad thing?
Revolutionary 10:54 AM - 14 May, 2005
No, no, that new auto play thing that came with 1.4...
spinjin 11:49 AM - 14 May, 2005
Oh okay ... nope, it's off.
Serato
Josh 11:30 PM - 15 May, 2005
when you say
Quote:
the track will change to another (or other tracks).

Do you mean the loaded tracks will change, or the cursor will move.
spinjin 2:29 AM - 16 May, 2005
Josh, the loaded track will change. When it occurs, SSL thinks I'm using the vinyl select feature on the control record.
nik39 2:40 AM - 16 May, 2005
spinjin, what is the condition of your control vinyls?
spinjin 4:18 AM - 16 May, 2005
Nik, my control vinyls are in very good shape.
eder 5:26 AM - 16 May, 2005
no...you have the AUTO button clicked on (it's in the upper middle of the 49380923 buttons added on in 1.4)...at the beggining of the track if you drag back the record too far it will go to the end of the previous song in the playlist...i had this problem too...seems like 1.4 has an "food/piss/smoke/etc" break function built in, so you can be gone and have stuff still play....the only downside is that when you're cueing a track/scratching it in, you'll go to the previous track...good for beginning of parties/dinner/kickbacks, but bad for the main event...
BassChamber 1:13 PM - 16 May, 2005
auto feature has to be refined... i think auto should be disabled when absolute mode is activated.

you know, when you scratch the very beguinning, it skips to the previous track...