Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

BPM in the SEARCH field PLEASE !!!!!

night owl 2:44 PM - 14 June, 2007
it would be so much faster jumping through bpms in the search feild ....jumping from 90 to 101 to 87 to 132 and ....just have to type the speed you want .....please please please
cappinkirk 3:20 PM - 14 June, 2007
it would require a separate bmp checkbox for the search otherwise any file that has that number in it in any field would show up.

example: "80" would bring up 1980's music, 808 remixes, etc.

not a bad idea though. FYI you can also "browse" by bpm. I think that wold be helpful to you.
cappinkirk 3:22 PM - 14 June, 2007
now i see - you would like to specify a "range" of bpms and all the songs within that range would appear.

interesting
night owl 12:42 PM - 15 June, 2007
yeh and it makes it so fast to jump around .....but i guess i will have to stick to putting the bpm's in my comment box ...that way it works
DJUltimate 5:22 AM - 19 June, 2007
i think this would be easy to implement.
AdamJay 6:11 AM - 19 June, 2007
amen
De LA 2:12 PM - 19 June, 2007
why not just sort by BMP in the colum?
skinnyguy 8:22 PM - 19 June, 2007
you can use the browse feature. would be cool if it could select more than one range tho.
AdamJay 5:05 AM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:

lets say you've done that and you're at 125bpm in a crate that ranges from 65bpm to 130bpm, a crate with like 1,000 tracks in it...
now let's say you want to change it up and go to a slow jam thats 80bpm
it would take much less time to just go to the search field and type "80" than scroll through 800 tracks to get to the top

i find myself in this situation often, less time scrolling = more time mixing.
DJUltimate 9:37 AM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

lets say you've done that and you're at 125bpm in a crate that ranges from 65bpm to 130bpm, a crate with like 1,000 tracks in it...
it would take much less time to just go to the search field and type "80" than scroll through 800 tracks to get to the top

Well, since you mentioned it, I have to ask the question...

Is there really a need to beat mix a song that's 125 BPM with a slow jam that's 80 BPM?
cappinkirk 1:53 PM - 20 June, 2007
even a "jump to clicked area" clicked scroll area would be better than a "page up at a time" scroll click method IMO. there should be an option to pick which you prefer IMO.

and there aren't any scroll arrows!?!? lol what are they thinking?

seriously tho i love serato - so far i haven't come up with anything on my own to be better so I'm only offering suggestions.
DJUltimate 2:10 PM - 20 June, 2007
Gotta love the 2 finger scroll on intel macs =o)
cappinkirk 2:27 PM - 20 June, 2007
i might have to try rocking that (its on powerbooks too)
DJUltimate 2:42 PM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
i might have to try rocking that (its on powerbooks too)

Nice!
AdamJay 9:25 AM - 21 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, since you mentioned it, I have to ask the question...

Is there really a need to beat mix a song that's 125 BPM with a slow jam that's 80 BPM?

i didnt say beat mix.. i said jump to...

and yea 2 finger scroll is most handy, i gotta do that when im in a large folder and can't be arsed to turn the TTM57SL Scroll rotary more than a few times. its all about speed.
DJUltimate 11:24 AM - 21 June, 2007
Quote:
i didnt say beat mix.. i said jump to...

But you did say

Quote:
less time scrolling = more time mixing

So when your "jumping to" your 80 BPM track from your 125 BPM track you should have the time to scroll because you're not mixing. That's all I was trying to say.
DJ FLATLINE 8:38 AM - 22 June, 2007
Ive had an issue with this also....Nice idea man!!

I have a temporary fix for this. I just hit the "home" or "end" keys to jump from slow to fast. Page up and Down works faster than scrolling through also!!!!
DEEJAY LEXX 3:28 PM - 22 June, 2007
I am a new SSL user, for only a month now, so don't flame me if I'm missing something in your question, but here goes.

If you click the BPM column it will arrange the songs in order of bpm, and from there you just have to type, either 120 or 80 or what ever, and it will take you to the songs in that bpm. This way only works if you are working in one crate, I guess. Forget the search function for this task.

Am I wrong here??
peace
dj disturbed 6:16 PM - 22 June, 2007
welll.. most of the time i organise by BPM.... and if you have the bpm field selected and start typing the bpm range you want it will jump to it.. like if i type 80 i will go to the 80's range, ifyou type 12 will go to the 120 range
cappinkirk 6:27 PM - 22 June, 2007
what if you could pick which fields your search worked for, then you could do this even better (of course 12 would also return for 112 but it would be better than nothing!) only search in bpm field for example
DJ FLATLINE 8:34 PM - 22 June, 2007
Quote:
I am a new SSL user, for only a month now, so don't flame me if I'm missing something in your question, but here goes.

If you click the BPM column it will arrange the songs in order of bpm, and from there you just have to type, either 120 or 80 or what ever, and it will take you to the songs in that bpm. This way only works if you are working in one crate, I guess. Forget the search function for this task.

Am I wrong here??
peace

Definitely in the right track but I think your suggestion is more for the people who use "playback keys use shift" on. I don't use that function for 2 reasons:

1. It doesn't feel natural to me. It's so much easier to be able to hit your cue with with finger.

2. Would confuse the hell out of me since the "All" folder is my main method of track selection. I have my tunes ordered by Bpm also, but I tend to play better when I play off the top of my head.
dj disturbed 10:56 PM - 22 June, 2007
as for #1.... hitting caps lock will do the same thing as holdingthe shift.... so you hit capps lock for the cue stuff and when you need to search you hit capps lock again to turn it off.
a DJ 5:59 AM - 19 June, 2009
Damnit I've been wanting to do this.. You cant do it if you uncheck "playback keys use shift?" I just switched to having that option unchecked. Maybe I'll put it back on and use caps lock.
PolishPat 9:11 AM - 25 June, 2009
Yeah. -1 on this.

Just unnecessary, since you can sort the BPM column... And I don't understand your reasoning being 'more time to be able to mix' when you initially offered the idea because it would help search for tracks when you're in a track at 135bpm and wanting to jump to 80 without scrolling.

How exactly do you save time mixing again? Last time I checked, you cut or do a variation of when mixing such a huge bpm change, silly man
a DJ 7:11 PM - 25 June, 2009
Well the feature is actually already in the program lol. You just have to make sure "playback keys use shift" is checked, and then if you dont wanna press shift just enable caps lock. Its been working great for me. I leave caps lock on and only turn it off when I need to go to a certain BPM.