DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ping Pong Djing - 15 Djs required for first round

Mr.Nice 8:18 AM - 14 June, 2007
After seeing k.smith post of 'since we all like mixtapes'
scratchlive.net

I was thinking why don't we all do one together?

The idea is that one Dj starts it, adds a track, the next one downloads the file (not knowing what the hell is in it...) adds another track to it etc... There are several ways of doing it, but to start of, these would be the rules:

1. Let's get 15 names down of dj's that are intrested. We will put it all in order, that way it will ensure that only one person is working on it at a time.

2. Each Dj gets 2 minutes - This can be one song played out or a complete mash up. Up to the Dj.

3. When it's your turn, you can mix in from the last 30 sec of the track. Do what ever you want ) so don't get too precious about the end of your track your adding cause it might get scrapped...)

4. Don't listen to it till it's your turn - spoils the fun. When it's your turn, download it, listen to it, and chuck in what you feel like, then upload again for the next dj.

5. Also, don't listen to it it's finished!

6. All genres welcome. All styles welcome. Let's make it intresting...

7. Try and have a 1-2 day turn around otherwise your turn might get skipped.

By the end of this we should have an eclectic mixtape of about 30 min with about 15 dj's from this forum... so should be an intresting one!

Who's in?
nik39 8:43 AM - 14 June, 2007
Sounds good. Some rules how the 2 minutes should end would be good, like ending with an instrumental part or something, also... Rules 7 sucks a little, I understand why you want it, but this won't work I think. I am down however.
Mr.Nice 9:48 AM - 14 June, 2007
Wicked. Nick39 is in, 14 to go :-)

As for Rule 7 sucking, I agree, especially with a full time job, However... Adding 2 min isn't much, you can just mix in one track if you want, Open for votes on this one if people feel more time is required, but with 15 of us waiting thier turn you wouldn't want to be waiting for too long.
George Tunee 10:36 AM - 14 June, 2007
and if the quality after all that doesn't sound like a WW2-radio we might have a pretty decent mixtape
Mr.Nice 10:58 AM - 14 June, 2007
So I take it you are in George Tunee?

As for qaulity - lets all save files in 320kbs mp3.
George Tunee 11:06 AM - 14 June, 2007
hm i have a lot to do right now,i'll watch this thread and if you depserately search the 15th one i'll be in ^^ generally a really funny idea
sweetL 11:49 AM - 14 June, 2007
Im in! :-)
Mr.Nice 11:52 AM - 14 June, 2007
Sure thing. I am flat out at the moment but really keen to see how this would turn out.

Keep in mind, this should take f*$k all time. Your 2 min can be as simple as mixing in 1 track... could litrely do it in 2 min.
nik39 11:53 AM - 14 June, 2007
Nah, you have to record all the stuff before as well, otherwise you would have to edit it all.
Mr.Nice 12:01 PM - 14 June, 2007
Good point nik39, didn't think about that one... but that just gave me another cool idea of how this Pong Pong thing could work...

So let's start the ordering:

1. Mr.Nice
2. Nik39
3. sweetL

I will try and come up with the first 2 min in the next couple of days, hopefully have something for Nik by tommorow night.
nik39 12:08 PM - 14 June, 2007
Oh, and the quality will be bad at the end, cause you have like 15 reencoded and rerecorded track 1 :)
Mr.Nice 12:12 PM - 14 June, 2007
Didn't think of that either... If that does happin though I will happily paste it all together from all 15 pieces to overcome this issue.
DJ XTC 1:53 PM - 14 June, 2007
im def in, hopefully we can all see this through

i say once we get the list, everytime someone adds something, upload it and send a message to the next person on the list with the link

this way its not public until the end
DJ XTC 1:54 PM - 14 June, 2007
if we can get it done quickly i might even be able to get it onto my boys mixtape that will drop june 24
dj cubicle 1:56 PM - 14 June, 2007
I'm in. Anybody on dial-up that would keep us from leaving the recorded file as a wav to avoid re-encoding 15 times?
OG Supernatural 3:36 PM - 14 June, 2007
I don't think you will get the participation you are requesting for this mix. Suggestion... pair two dj's up to work on one mix.

I would def not want to be the 15th cat who has to wait 28 minutes before I can start the mix.
dj syko 3:39 PM - 14 June, 2007
deffinatly in
dreamkast 10:49 PM - 14 June, 2007
ill be in.
OG Supernatural 10:57 PM - 14 June, 2007
Ha! Nice, if you can actually get 15 cats to put something down, I'll take the last spot. I'm just sayin... In K Smith's thread there has been a grip of cats talkin 'boutit but only a few will actually post.
Mr.Nice 11:39 PM - 14 June, 2007
Cool, half way there...

1. Mr.Nice
2. Nik39
3. sweetL
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
and...
15. OG Supernatural

I will upload the first track tonight to Nik and send him the link in a private message... Turn around time should be quick as each dj will only mix in 1-4 songs (depending on how fast you want to cut...)

I have another idea how this could work in an even more waccky and quick way... I will post it in a new thread as soon as all spots are filled.
nik39 11:41 PM - 14 June, 2007
Oh wait, I won't be here this weekend, convention, so you should prolly put me at 8 or something.
Thundercat 11:43 PM - 14 June, 2007
I'm in
nik39 11:55 PM - 14 June, 2007
TC, wanna swap positions?
Mr.Nice 12:01 AM - 15 June, 2007
Sure thing. Who wants the spot 2?

I kind of feel obliged to start the first track given I started this thread... but if somebody has a burining desire to kick start the mixtape let me know and they can have spot one. Otherwise I will upload my strating track to lucky no.2 tonight.
sweetL 12:14 AM - 15 June, 2007
send it in wav.. not mp3...

more downloading, yeah, but ultimately better quality
Mr.Nice 1:09 AM - 15 June, 2007
wav it is. sweetL - do you want to be No.2?

By the way, can anyone reccomend a good free hosting site that will support a heavy wav?
DJ C.A.P 2:02 AM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
wav it is. sweetL - do you want to be No.2?

By the way, can anyone reccomend a good free hosting site that will support a heavy wav?

www.sendspace.com

is a good one...

and i'm NOt in... I'll watch this round and hop on the other if there is one :)
Mr.Nice 2:25 AM - 15 June, 2007
sweet, thanks for the link C.A.P
sweetL 8:40 AM - 15 June, 2007
yeah i can be number 2 if you like... id like to be later on, but aint no probs doin that.

are you going to do two minutes dead, or give a couple of seconds run out... ( from which i can start my mix.

yours starts 0.00
mine starts 2.00
yours ends 2.10 (or whenever my mix is)
next guy starts at 4.00
mine finishes 4.10...

etc
Gor 10:27 AM - 15 June, 2007
Ill go 9th if thats alright :)

So how will using a wav prevent rerecording 15 times? cos ull still be rerecording and introducing attenuation and noise from the mixer and sound card (some sound cards can be really bad for this, esp onboard), it just wont be as bad as 15 reencodes.
Gor 10:29 AM - 15 June, 2007
then again it might not be that noticable, ive never tried something like this
Mr.Nice 1:46 PM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
yeah i can be number 2 if you like... id like to be later on, but aint no probs doin that.

are you going to do two minutes dead, or give a couple of seconds run out... ( from which i can start my mix.

yours starts 0.00
mine starts 2.00
yours ends 2.10 (or whenever my mix is)
next guy starts at 4.00
mine finishes 4.10...

etc

Good point!

I am just uploading now... and after having a go at it, I would like to make some amendments to RULE 2 and RULE 3.

We need leeway, we shouldn't be too strict on the 2 min timing, whatever helps the flow. A new amendment:

You have 2 min for YOUR mix, once you blend in your final track around the 2 min mark keep it playing till the end of it.

The NEXT person can choose to mix in their first track of THEIR 2 min, from any point that the LAST track has been mixed in till it finsihes.

YOUR 2 min starts once your FIRST track has fully been mixed in until your LAST track has started mixing in.

For example this is what I just did.

I am currently uploading a file to dj no.2 - sweetL

0.00 min Track 1
1.36 min Track 2
2.00 min Track 3

Now, sweetL who will be recieving my file will be blending in his first track at any point from when my LAST track is being cut in, till the track finshes. He can play it out completley, or edit it out completely.

That means that the mixtape won't be exactly 30 min long, it will range from 30-60 min depending on edits.

I hope this make sense..
Mr.Nice 1:53 PM - 15 June, 2007
It's officaly on it's way!

5 Dj's to go:

1. Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. sweetL - RECORDING
3. Nik39
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
and...
15. OG Supernatural
nik39 2:01 PM - 15 June, 2007
Nice, you forgot Thundercat. Also.. I said I don't have time this weekend. So please put me somewehre at 8 or 9,
Thundercat 2:04 PM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
I'm in

Quote:
1. Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. sweetL - RECORDING
3. Nik39
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
and...
15. OG Supernatural

So what? I'm not welcome? Y'all just trying to keep a brotherman down! FIGHT THE POWER! RADIO RAHEEEEEEEM!
nik39 2:07 PM - 15 June, 2007
TC, take my spot, ...

1. Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. sweetL - RECORDING
3. Thundercat
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
and...
15. OG Supernatural
sweetL 6:54 PM - 15 June, 2007
okeydokey... will be finished by sunday...

a quick question regarding rule 2.

"This can be one song played out or a complete mash up. Up to the Dj."

how about if i feel like doing a bunch of songs mashed in 2minutes?
dj cubicle 6:56 PM - 15 June, 2007
then you, my friend, are ambitious.

go!
rabblerouser 7:03 PM - 15 June, 2007
can i get in @ lucky 13?
sweetL 7:26 PM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
1. Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. sweetL - RECORDING
3. Thundercat
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
13. rabblerouser
15. OG Supernatural
OG Supernatural 8:44 PM - 15 June, 2007
Huh... looks like you mo fo's are gonna make me eat my words and make me wait 30+ min before I can start the mix...bastards!

It'll never happen... someone will fake and save me. LOL
DJ Cykophuk 9:00 PM - 15 June, 2007
I'm in for #11. ^_^ I'll have to figure out how to use MP3 format. Looks like I have some time, though.

Since I mix OK but am a complete noob on this electronic DJ thing...If someone could post some breif instructions for the old guy, I'd appreciate it.
rabblerouser 9:04 PM - 15 June, 2007
if each of us compresses the file, even @ 320, won't it sound like garbage by the end?
sweetL 9:06 PM - 15 June, 2007
Quote:
1. Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. sweetL - RECORDING
3. Thundercat
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
13. rabblerouser
15. OG Supernatural

Quote:
send it in wav.. not mp3...

more downloading, yeah, but ultimately better quality
CMS 9:09 PM - 15 June, 2007
Hell, count me in. I don't do much hollywood style so in two minutes you'll probalby only get one song, (or at least part of one)!!
dj cubicle 9:43 PM - 15 June, 2007
This should be interesting since you can't really plan anything until you find out what you get. :)
sweetL 9:46 PM - 15 June, 2007
yeah id already decided what i wanted to put on and iv found out i cant ideally make it fit... trying to find a way to mash it on there!
rabblerouser 9:47 PM - 15 June, 2007
nah...you could just start with a bomb blast, record yourself yelling "bo! bo! bo!" into a mic and then drop some hella obscure senegalese hip hop joint. :p
MusicMeister 1:58 AM - 16 June, 2007
I'm game... I'll take 14 if it's ok with you guys...
sfcraiger 2:00 AM - 16 June, 2007
shits so gay
rabblerouser 3:09 AM - 16 June, 2007
Quote:
shits so gay

hmm.
Mr.Nice 5:04 AM - 16 June, 2007
Quote:
okeydokey... will be finished by sunday...

a quick question regarding rule 2.

"This can be one song played out or a complete mash up. Up to the Dj."

how about if i feel like doing a bunch of songs mashed in 2minutes?

Go for gold! just make sure that the last track is played out completely. The next person can mix in thiers from any point that your last track is being cut in.
Mr.Nice 5:16 AM - 16 June, 2007
Quote:
shits so gay

Well, we officialy have 15 'Gay' dj's for this first round!

Here is the latest:

1. Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. sweetL - RECORDING - Due on Sunday
3. Thundercat
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
13. rabblerouser
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural

Sorry Thundercat for the earlier exclusion... it was late at night...
Mr.Nice 5:18 AM - 16 June, 2007
I just realised this mixtape is traveling from Australia to the UK and will most likey end up in the US.. Any other countries invovled?
OG Supernatural 6:01 AM - 16 June, 2007
Uhhh... MM if your ish is anything like your previous recordings I will not follow. Not sure why you're involving yourself without basic mixing skills???

Not tryin to slam you, as it is I will have to wait 30+ min before I start the mix and I'm not gonna put in the time to follow you based on the outcome of your last two posts.
Mr.Nice 9:25 AM - 16 June, 2007
Baisic mixing skills should go without saying.

They don't need to be flash, as long as you can mix your own track in without making people cringe it should do.

If we went through the effort of teaming 15 dj's together, it would be nice to get a smooth end result.

As for having to wait the 30 min before strating your mix, it might be easier to just cut your track in at the end and then paste the 2 togther externally.

That way if you can resist listening to it till it's finished, everybody get's the surprise factor together.
OG Supernatural 9:41 AM - 16 June, 2007
Quote:

As for having to wait the 30 min before strating your mix, it might be easier to just cut your track in at the end and then paste the 2 togther externally.

That way if you can resist listening to it till it's finished, everybody get's the surprise factor together.

Not following ya???
The E Head 9:49 AM - 16 June, 2007
Think hes meaning you could just cut a couple of min from the end of the mix and use that as you start, then once you do your mix save that as wav and using some progam ie soundforge, audiocity etc just match up your new file with where it should start on the other mix (where you cut the 2 min of the mix from)
dreamkast 10:05 AM - 16 June, 2007
new zealand.
OG Supernatural 10:49 AM - 16 June, 2007
Ahhh... soundforge or audiocity...gotcha.
Mr.Nice 3:06 PM - 16 June, 2007
As simple as that! should be easy..
dj_KaSE 9:11 PM - 16 June, 2007
in the words of Fez: aww dem it. i wanted to be in on this, just found out about it tho.

when is the end product supposed to be done?
dj cubicle 10:51 PM - 16 June, 2007
Have we made a rule of no pitch change on the mix as you get it? Things could start getting weird for prior mixes/songs if we don't.
MusicMeister 10:59 PM - 16 June, 2007
Supernatural: don't sweat it.... I won't hose you like that. Remember, I get to practice this before I send it off... All the other stuff was one shot and unedited. I'll let the song(s) play out well past 2 minutes and you can mix out of it at any point.

I do know where you're coming from but I'd like a chance to prove that I'm not totally incompetent when it comes to mixing...
sixxx 11:20 PM - 16 June, 2007
If I were on this, I would mix a country song. No joke. Just to see whoever is next suffer.
CMS 12:11 AM - 17 June, 2007
I'm waiting to see what bpm I have to work with. After that all bets are off!!!!!!!!!!1
Mr.Nice 1:36 AM - 17 June, 2007
Quote:
Have we made a rule of no pitch change on the mix as you get it? Things could start getting weird for prior mixes/songs if we don't.

We have now. When you mix in, make sure the pitch on the previous mix is set to 0. (good point dj cubicle)

Having said that, I thik we should premit tricks such as switching off the motor and stuff if it helps the mix.

Sixxx: funny you say that, I almost strated it off with a country track just to see some whack results...

dj_KaSE: follow this post, we could use some people on standby in case somebody can't do it when thier turn comes up. Worst case scanario, I don't think an extra 2 min will kill anybody if you want to be in this one.

As for expected delivery... if we all can stick to the 1-2 turnaround then this bad boy should be released in less then a month.

Please make sure you check this post when your turn is meant to come up...

Any ideas for a good name for this mixtape?
dreamkast 3:43 AM - 17 June, 2007
How are yous actually doing the mix, are you just gona import the previous track into your recording program or are you gona import it into ssl.
Dax 8:07 AM - 17 June, 2007
this is a great idea,gutted i missed the start of this!

put me down for mix tape nummber 2
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:10 AM - 17 June, 2007
soundz like fun :)

bump
sweetL 8:31 AM - 17 June, 2007
i imported it into scratchlive and played it through @ 0% pitch... i then decided where i was gonna do the mix, and did a couple takes starting from that point (ill join them later in an audio editor)
nik39 11:06 AM - 17 June, 2007
Quote:
shits so gay

sfcraiger, I don't take this is an insult. You didn't mean it as an insult, did you? You know you have been warned by the moderators for breaking the forum rules before, scratchlive.net <- click here.
Menace 1:16 PM - 17 June, 2007
Quote:
this is a great idea,gutted i missed the start of this!

put me down for mix tape nummber 2

me too :-)
OG Supernatural 3:07 PM - 17 June, 2007
Quote:
Supernatural: don't sweat it.... I won't hose you like that. Remember, I get to practice this before I send it off... All the other stuff was one shot and unedited. I'll let the song(s) play out well past 2 minutes and you can mix out of it at any point.

I do know where you're coming from but I'd like a chance to prove that I'm not totally incompetent when it comes to mixing...

Hmmmm… I really don’t know what to say but…we’ll see.

You’re like the guy who keeps inviting himself to the monthly BBQ, talkin ‘bout you can throw down on some chicken & ribs… but every time we let you behind the grill it’s all flames and smoke. Then you tell us that you aren’t used to Q’n with charcoal as your Hawaiian shirt catches on fire and starts burning you the f@*K up. Now the meat is unrecognizable and you are running around the backyard tryin to put yourself out, talkin ‘bout… “I’m alright guys… I’m alright!”

I thought it would take a while for the burn wounds to heal but here you are again talkin ‘bout a new marinade and that you brought your own grill. Now I’m supposed to believe it’s gonna be tender and tasty this time. Hmmm…. Oh well, it’s not my backyard and I’m bouncin with my tequila just as soon as I see flames. =P
MusicMeister 5:08 PM - 17 June, 2007
Tell you want... I'll do this. And I'll send you both. If you can't use what I sent, cut me out.

That's like my bringing my own grill, meat, marinade and just saying - try it, you might like it. It's up to you what you do with it....

That fair enough?
sweetL 5:24 PM - 17 June, 2007
Quote:

1. 0.00 > 3.40 (last mix @ 1.40) Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. 3.40 > (next dj to decide) sweetL - COMPLETE (currently uploading to send to next dj)
3. Thundercat
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
13. rabblerouser
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural

Sorry Thundercat for the earlier exclusion... it was late at night...
sweetL 5:28 PM - 17 June, 2007
i avoided the temptation to throw in loads of dubstep and grime just to throw everyone
sweetL 6:20 PM - 17 June, 2007
ssssssssent
sweetL 6:20 PM - 17 June, 2007
2. 3.40 > (next dj to decide) sweetL - COMPLETE
3. Thundercat - IN PROGRESS
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
13. rabblerouser
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
dj_KaSE 7:10 PM - 17 June, 2007
haha i wonder what this is gonna sound like. can't wait.
OG Supernatural 7:23 PM - 17 June, 2007
Quote:
Tell you want... I'll do this. And I'll send you both. If you can't use what I sent, cut me out.

That's like my bringing my own grill, meat, marinade and just saying - try it, you might like it. It's up to you what you do with it....

That fair enough?

Fair enough... yeah

BUT... cuttin you out would just be dirty. If you send it to me all burnt up n smokin I ain't touchin it and will just post it as "DONE".

I don't know about everyone else but I'm lookin for a final product I can ride to. "Commute Mix" OR possibly bump at the next BBQ while playin some bones. "BBQ & Bones Mix".
Dj Nyce 8:02 PM - 17 June, 2007
this would make a great idea for a real mixtape...
nik39 8:50 PM - 17 June, 2007
Wtf... am I blind? I couldn't find any link from Mr. Nic, nor from sweetL. Someone please slap me ;)
Thundercat 9:06 PM - 17 June, 2007
It'll be a send space link PM'd to ya. I'm on the clock right now. No peeking...
nik39 9:13 PM - 17 June, 2007
Oh, I see. No peaking? F***.
Shit, you wanna change slots, Thundercat?

;)
change=swap
sweetL 9:37 PM - 17 June, 2007
yeah... no peeking! mind you... by the time it gets to you, youll be able to peek... hmm
nik39 9:39 PM - 17 June, 2007
Very funny :-P
Mr.Nice 2:54 AM - 18 June, 2007
Quote:

Was my mix so smooth you didn't notice it? Nice...

Just for the record:

1. 0.00 > 3.40 (last mix @ 2.00)
(I had a quick mix at 1:40, only played 20 sec of the track and then did the final mix at 2.00 min which is being played out till 3.40 thanks to the courtesy of sweetL)

I will upload my track list at the end...

I am thinking of starting another Freestyle Ping Pong where nobody has to wait thier turn... I will juggle it in my mind a bit more and post it in the next few days... so if your game, keep checking this thread.

p.s
thanks sweetL for the quick turnaround!
DJ K-otik 2:59 AM - 18 June, 2007
Damn, I'm a few days late on this. Next time for sure.
Mr.Nice 3:15 AM - 18 June, 2007
Shit, better start taking names down for round 2... coming up!
Mr.Nice 3:24 AM - 18 June, 2007
Quote:
Fair enough... yeah

BUT... cuttin you out would just be dirty. If you send it to me all burnt up n smokin I ain't touchin it and will just post it as "DONE".

OG: It won't be dirty, MM has just given you consent to cut him out.

Given there is no pre quailifying test and we are just assuming we are shit hot dj's, let's be considerate to not fuck it up for everybody else. There are 15 dj's taken time out for this and we would all like to see some nice results.

So... Use your ear, if you aint feeling it and you just can't seem to blend your track in please pass your turn. Also, when it's your turn, if the previous 2 min just make you cringe... pass it back to the previous dj to correct or give up thier 2 mix.

I have a mate's BBQ coming up in a month, and I plan on playing this special sauce there... so just make sure you can contribute.

Forgot to say... OG/MM you guys are the masters of the metaphor, should team up and write some poetry togther :-)
OG Supernatural 3:55 AM - 18 June, 2007
I'm sayin it would be foul for me to judge his stuff like that and just cut it without the opinion of everyone involved...Who am I... Although, we are talking about Fire Marshall Bill Meister. lol

If the chicken ain't kickin to my taste. I'll post it and let everyone involved decide whether it's scorched of edible.

I guess this applies to all of us... let's not forget Thunda and nik are firing up the grill also. What do they know 'bout some yard bird??? =P
Thundercat 5:14 AM - 18 June, 2007
I learned from a master: www.chefpaul.com

I aint' Sum-Dum-Goy! Na'mean?

When you reach that upper level, you mind body and soul must be one...
Get the glow, Get the glow, Get the glow, grow.

Everybody knows that you need the glow,
You need the glow, the glow to grow.

Or...
Have I mastered the art of DJing without knowing how to DJ?
OG Supernatural 7:18 AM - 18 June, 2007
Quote:
I aint' Sum-Dum-Goy! Na'mean??

LMAO!!

Quote:
Or...
Have I mastered the art of DJing without knowing how to DJ?

That is the question... is it possible... elements of wholeness.
matt212 8:35 AM - 18 June, 2007
Damn, just saw this thread. I would love to get in on this. Maybe the next mix.

OG...you are a damn fool. haha.
matt212 8:37 AM - 18 June, 2007
BTW, I thought this was a thread for a SSL pong tournament when I first read the title. haha
dj_KaSE 9:27 AM - 18 June, 2007
me too, matt212. me too.
OG Supernatural 9:59 AM - 18 June, 2007
I vote you guys in at # 15 & 16, I'll take 17.
dj_KaSE 10:29 AM - 18 June, 2007
i'll take it.
The Real Cosmo 2:55 PM - 18 June, 2007
If you're all playing totally different genres I can't wait to hear this! Count me in on the next one.
sweetL 5:56 PM - 18 June, 2007
me and the first guy are different, no doubt!
sweetL 5:57 PM - 18 June, 2007
similar tempo tho...
sweetL 5:57 PM - 18 June, 2007
same tempo.

*note to self.. say everything i want to say in ONE post.
shiestO! 6:17 PM - 18 June, 2007
Quote:
shits so gay

you should make it less impossible for people to like you. or possibly remove the sand from your vagina. (apologies for breaking rule 1)

i'm interested to hear the final product of this one, mix'll be crazy!
nik39 6:19 PM - 18 June, 2007
Who has the ball right now?
sweetL 6:20 PM - 18 June, 2007
i ponged it to thundercat dont know if hes done yet
dj cubicle 6:20 PM - 18 June, 2007
not it. :)
OG Supernatural 7:24 PM - 18 June, 2007
Quote:
i'll take it.

I was thinkin... why not, we got about70 min for a full cd? I've worked with matt212 before and as long he is not watching the "Dirty House Wives" DVD and remains focused he will come up with some good shit. lol

+ KaSE, matt212, OG, Real Cosmo, and ShiestO!, the CD should just about be full. Let's see how Mr. Nice calls it since he's the shot caller of the thread.
matt212 8:55 PM - 18 June, 2007
Hey man, it's Horny Housewives, and I won't be watching that anytime soon.....I got a new shipment in. lol
matt212 8:57 PM - 18 June, 2007
15 is the limit OG, and you got cleanup duty. I'll hop on the next one. haha.
OG Supernatural 9:43 PM - 18 June, 2007
Damn it... you saw right through that one. lol
Mr.Nice 11:25 PM - 18 June, 2007
Quote:
me and the first guy are different, no doubt!

Sweet stuff, sweetL, keep it intresting that's what I'm saying!
Mr.Nice 12:00 AM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
Damn it... you saw right through that one. lol

OG, you and MM are a match made in heaven, I don't think you can escape your spot!

As for the new comers: I am happy to extend our list, as long as everybody can have a quick turn around and we're not all waiting too long to hear this thing. (15 was just a random number, would love to get 100 people involved if we can)

Given some people might back out, I started keeping a stand by list, here is what I am propsing:

1. Skip/Swap your turn - If anybody backs out or want's to swap thier turn cause they are busy on the day thier mix is due, dj's on the standby can jump in on a first come first serve baisis.

2. Waiting time - if all flows and we hit no.15 within reasonable time and there is enugh room left to make this a full mixtape, standby people can jump in to finsih the mix.

3. Round 2 - 10 Standby dj's - If we can get 10 new standby dj's(once we get started more will follow), we might as well start a new concurrent round and have a bit of a Ping-Pong comp happining...

I know some of you cats seemed intrested, I only put down on standby those who defintley indicated they want in for round 2...

2. 3.40 > (next dj to decide) sweetL - COMPLETE
3. Thundercat - IN PROGRESS
4. DJ XTC
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
13. rabblerouser
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
----Stand by ----------
16. dj_KaSE
17. Dax
18. Menace
19. DJ K-otik
20. matt212

Registrations are now open for standby/round 2
nik39 12:03 AM - 19 June, 2007
BTW, if possible, I have time in the next 3 days, so if no. 3/4/5/6/7 are too busy and it's their time, I'll be glad if we can swap slots.
Thundercat 12:09 AM - 19 June, 2007
I will be finished with my segment this evening. Then I'll push it along...
OG Supernatural 12:16 AM - 19 June, 2007
FOX news just reported a huge smoke plume over Piscataway, NJ. Anyone know what that's about!
nik39 12:22 AM - 19 June, 2007
OG, that's not fair... stop making jokes about MM trainwrecking :-P
OG Supernatural 12:26 AM - 19 June, 2007
Reports say they are not sure if it's a structure fire from a BBQ gone bad or if a train has derailed and tanker cars are on fire. I think MM is clear on this one as he is in Florida. :P
Dj Nyce 12:41 AM - 19 June, 2007
i want in...
MusicMeister 1:14 AM - 19 June, 2007
Yep... I had nothing to do with it....
OG Supernatural 1:21 AM - 19 June, 2007
lol... they said the explosion sounded like thunder.
dj cubicle 1:53 AM - 19 June, 2007
Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. I already have what I wanna do planned, so I might have to go the explosion route if the BPMs don't match up. LOL
Mr.Nice 2:09 AM - 19 June, 2007
StandBy/Round2 List:
16. dj_KaSE
17. Dax
18. Menace
19. DJ K-otik
20. matt212
21. Dj Nyce
OG Supernatural 2:15 AM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. I already have what I wanna do planned, so I might have to go the explosion route if the BPMs don't match up. LOL

It would be kinda cool to get the BPM on this thang so I can start prepairing the grove marinade. Why is that part a secret?

Better end product... faster turn around time.
dj cubicle 2:21 AM - 19 June, 2007
OG, I give you full permission to play songs at -26% if necessary. LOL
Mr.Nice 2:27 AM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:

Sure... whatever will help the flow!

Started BPM at a nice and easy 104 BPM, so pleanty of options for you guys!

p.s
sweetL you might have to confirm the BPM as I am not in front of my file now and my memory might be playing tricks on me...
sixxx 2:28 AM - 19 June, 2007
The explosion is played out. Use a fart sound instead. lol
dj cubicle 2:30 AM - 19 June, 2007
Man I can't wait to get my hands on this thing...
sixxx 2:46 AM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
Man I can't wait to get my hands on this thing...

a fart?
OG Supernatural 3:04 AM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhh shit... MM, you got the 104 memo? I hear she is FINE! Take care of her... don't get her all F@'Ked up on one of your bartending concoctions... do your thong dance all over her, then put her on the plane to Sac Town all tore back and hung-over.
Thundercat 3:16 AM - 19 June, 2007
ROFL! I am a doofus. Better get worried OG. Was just about to listen back to my portion only to find out record on the 57 was set to 'channel a pre fader'. BRB =)
dj_KaSE 3:18 AM - 19 June, 2007
hahahaha that'd be interesting to hear. u should post it for the hell of it.
Thundercat 3:42 AM - 19 June, 2007
1. 0.00 > 3.40 Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
2. 3.40 > 5.40 sweetL - COMPLETE
3. 5.40 > (last mix in full @ 7.40) Thundercat - COMPLETE
4. DJ XTC - On Deck
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
13. rabblerouser
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
Mr.Nice 3:48 AM - 19 June, 2007
On the money Thundercat!
dj_KaSE: No peeping...
dj_KaSE 3:50 AM - 19 June, 2007
a'ight

o_0
OG Supernatural 4:06 AM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
lol... they said the explosion sounded like thunder.

Ha! See what I'm sayin... they said the explosion sounded like [thunder], scaring [cat's] for miles in the Piscataway area of NJ. Apparently, witness reported seeing the conductor jump from a speeding train as it was only on one track. The train was carrying a FINE female model on her way to a mix-tape pageant. Her condition is unknown at this time...
rabblerouser 4:21 AM - 19 June, 2007
so...i wanted to let all you know that i'll be completely out of communication next week and most of the week after so if i have to get booted then no worries....or maybe i could switch w/someone?
dj_KaSE 4:31 AM - 19 June, 2007
sorry i just took your spot.
Mr.Nice 4:41 AM - 19 June, 2007
Thanks for update rabblerouser.

Just check in and let us know as soon as you are back, depending on where we're at you might still get to play this round.

KaSE... better get those ping pong hands wormed up...
Dax 12:05 PM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
StandBy/Round2 List:
16. dj_KaSE
17. Dax
18. Menace
19. DJ K-otik
20. matt212
21. Dj Nyce

sorry but i have step out on this out,my laptop blu up on friday night,just got a new today so hope to be up and running soon.
MusicMeister 2:58 PM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhh shit... MM, you got the 104 memo? I hear she is FINE! Take care of her... don't get her all F@'Ked up on one of your bartending concoctions... do your thong dance all over her, then put her on the plane to Sac Town all tore back and hung-over.
She'll be fine... I'm telling you OG I won't screw you over like that. I don't know what condition I'll get her in but she'll be prim and proper and ready for the throwdown you got planned when she leaves.

I'll start practicing mixing 95-115 bpm while I'm waiting on her to show up.
Gor 4:38 PM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:

talk about sloppy seconds... you're gonna get sloppy 14ths, itll be like a toothpick in a volcano :p
dj_KaSE 5:29 PM - 19 June, 2007
MusicMeister, will you be using Serato or Torq?

=)
matt212 10:12 PM - 19 June, 2007
I think he will be using Torq. So, the only thing OG will get is a crash log and an explanation. haha.
MusicMeister 10:14 PM - 19 June, 2007
I might use CD's.... otherwise it will be Torq.

I don't have Serato - I used Julls SL1 when he was here so I'm Serato-less until he returns in September or I break down and buy one - but I'm using Midi for a lot of stuff so I'm waiting for it to be included in 1.8 before I even consider buying it.
dj_KaSE 11:02 PM - 19 June, 2007
Quote:
I think he will be using Torq. So, the only thing OG will get is a crash log and an explanation. haha.

lol good one.
MusicMeister 1:12 AM - 20 June, 2007
ouch.... I've had Torq crash on me the exact same number of times as Serato - twice (although once was on Julls laptop). Others have had far more problems... but it's not as bad as Final Crash...

BTW, it could be the alphabet soup after my name on why my stuff doesn't crash so much.... you know, letters like MCSE, MCT, MCP, CNA, A+, Network+, Security+ and all the other stuff there...
MusicMeister 1:12 AM - 20 June, 2007
And OG will get a good mix or he'll skip me... it's that easy...
OG Supernatural 1:38 AM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:

Here we go... 95-115??? That tells me you are gonna be tryin to force it in places it don't belong. Now she's gonna show up PISSED and I'm gonna have to hear about it for the first hour or so before I can even think about puttin needle to the groove.
sweetL 9:39 AM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
ouch.... I've had Torq crash on me the exact same number of times as Serato - twice (although once was on Julls laptop). Others have had far more problems... but it's not as bad as Final Crash...

BTW, it could be the alphabet soup after my name on why my stuff doesn't crash so much.... you know, letters like MCSE, MCT, MCP, CNA, A+, Network+, Security+ and all the other stuff there...

you have those?

why bother?

turn it off + on again is usually all the fix you need.

i dont have all them and mine has crashed twice... on a beta release
dj cubicle 5:41 PM - 20 June, 2007
*waiting*
MusicMeister 8:18 PM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Here we go... 95-115??? That tells me you are gonna be tryin to force it in places it don't belong. Now she's gonna show up PISSED and I'm gonna have to hear about it for the first hour or so before I can even think about puttin needle to the groove.

We'll see... there are lots of people before me... I have no idea what I'm going to get... and I need the practice mixing anyway....
MusicMeister 8:19 PM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

you have those?

why bother?

turn it off + on again is usually all the fix you need.

i dont have all them and mine has crashed twice... on a beta release

Yes, I do. Why bother? Because it means $$$ as a computer contractor - my day job for a long time. Now that I'm hired on with a company at a decent wage I'll probably be here for a while. It lets me work my DJ business at night and on the weekends and some flexibility with my time if I need it.
Mr.Nice 11:17 PM - 20 June, 2007
Quote:
*waiting*

DJ XTC: Can you show a sign of life? you gonna be much longer?
Given it's been 2 days, I say give us a sign or get back to the back of the line...
Mr.Nice 2:29 AM - 21 June, 2007
Freestyle ping-pong just launched!

No waiting time, first come, first serve!

Who wants play?
scratchlive.net
sweetL 8:35 AM - 21 June, 2007
Quote:
Yes, I do. Why bother? Because it means $$$ as a computer contractor - my day job for a long time. Now that I'm hired on with a company at a decent wage I'll probably be here for a while. It lets me work my DJ business at night and on the weekends and some flexibility with my time if I need it.

riiiight sorry, for some reason i was under the impression you were a full time dj... sorry feller!
MusicMeister 3:45 PM - 21 June, 2007
I've done a lot of things....

In addition to being a 'Data Communications and Database Manager' for a Utility company I also run a DJ business where nearly all of my gigs fall on weekends (weddings, other parties). I spend most evenings marketing my business.

I used to move around a lot as a contractor which meant taking what I could on the short term - even when I was running my business in Alaska. Which is why I did a lot of bar/club work up there.

Now that I have a more or less permanent job I've started up a new DJ company here in Florida and will likely go multi-op later this year because I'm starting to double up on my gigs and I still have work I could probably book.
DJ PREZ 9:50 PM - 21 June, 2007
I can't wait to hear the mixtape ! by when will it be done ?
rabblerouser 11:00 PM - 21 June, 2007
did XTC ever step up?
Mr.Nice 11:57 PM - 21 June, 2007
Don't think XTC got up. He might have to pick up from the end.

sweetL: Did XTC ever download the file you gave him?

cubicle: You ready to get on deck?

Hopeing to have this bad boy out to the public within about 2 weeks if we can keep momentum going...
Thundercat 1:56 AM - 22 June, 2007
I used sendspace, I don't see anything on there with a download count so I don't know if XTC grabbed it or not
Mr.Nice 2:20 AM - 22 June, 2007
Ok, Who's ready to jump on deck?
we might have to shuffle the order around a bit, but everybody get's thier turn.

TC: please send the file to the first to respond.
MusicMeister 2:20 AM - 22 June, 2007
Somebody drop him a PM or something... if not, flip with the next person in line and keep it going!
rabblerouser 2:59 AM - 22 June, 2007
since i'll be out of commission, i'll jump on this one tonight, too. it'll be up by tomorrow night if i do it.

is that cool?
Thundercat 3:04 AM - 22 June, 2007
13. rabblerouser - Jumping In
4. DJ XTC - On Hold
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
Mr.Nice 4:27 AM - 22 June, 2007
Thanks rabblerouser for stepping up :-)
rabblerouser 5:28 AM - 22 June, 2007
no prob. it's done and posting...i'm going to shoot the link to you Mr. Nice and you can forward the link to whoever ends up next.

i'm gonna be out of commission for a week or so.
Mr.Nice 5:39 AM - 22 June, 2007
13. rabblerouser - (last mix@ 11:52) -COMPLETE
4. DJ XTC - On Hold
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
9. Gor
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural

I sent a PM DJ XTC to let us know when he is back in the game.

Who wants to step up?
DJ cubicle you good to go?
OG Supernatural 6:06 AM - 22 June, 2007
So how does she look??? What nationality and is she living up to the hype???
dj cubicle 6:24 AM - 22 June, 2007
Just got back from my gig tonight, sorry I didn't see this earlier. Let somebody else go, I'm going to be a worthless pile tomorrow.
Mr.Nice 6:42 AM - 22 June, 2007
Ok, who's next?
rabblerouser 6:48 AM - 22 June, 2007
OG, Thundercat killed it. I just tried to stay afloat.
rabblerouser 6:49 AM - 22 June, 2007
oh, and when i left her she was brazilian and dope.
sweetL 9:13 AM - 22 June, 2007
can we add a rule that dj's who have already taken part, can get a sneak preview of where its at? lol
Mr.Nice 9:42 AM - 22 June, 2007
Come on guys, it's like in the old day's when you had to meet her parents, and get married before you had a look... lol
Thundercat 2:18 PM - 22 June, 2007
No need to worry Supernat, like Fat Joe said in Flow Joe:

I can kick it this way, I can kick it that a way
I kick a funky style from New York to Piscataway...

;-)

Now if we could just get Johnny M to step up we could have 2 OG deck manipulators from Piscataway.
OG Supernatural 4:26 PM - 22 June, 2007
Ahhh yeah... So she is FINE and part Brazilian. Stacked with some booty bass...NICE *in my best Borat voice*.
Mr.Nice 8:23 AM - 23 June, 2007
Right guys, I confirm that she is 'One fine lady...' so fine she blows my mind...

She is lacking in affection though, and needs some sweet lovin... So I am opening the doors to all lovers...

First come, first serve guys, any of registered/stand by dj's get's first prefrence.

Who's stepping up?
Gor 8:30 AM - 23 June, 2007
me sir!
Gor 8:32 AM - 23 June, 2007
*nervously excited*
Mr.Nice 8:41 AM - 23 June, 2007
13. rabblerouser - (last mix@ 11:52) -COMPLETE
9. Gor - ON DECK
4. DJ XTC - On Hold
5. dj cubicle
7. dj syko
8. dreamkast
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural

Be a gentelman Gor...
Gor 8:50 AM - 23 June, 2007
sorry to be a pain, but the file i found on the site you gave me is 24Min long, is that the right one?
Mr.Nice 8:59 AM - 23 June, 2007
Nice one Gor, just prevented a dj clash... correct file is awaiting you.
Gor 9:02 AM - 23 June, 2007
lol, im glad we cleared that up
Gor 10:40 AM - 23 June, 2007
i like it, but the levels are all over the place. Ive got work now so it should be done by this time tomorrow
nik39 1:32 PM - 23 June, 2007
Quote:

Lol! That would have been funny of no-one did recognize. Haha!
Mr.Nice 6:50 AM - 24 June, 2007
Who wants to go after Gor?
Gor 12:20 PM - 24 June, 2007
ok its done
Gor 12:24 PM - 24 June, 2007
did you want a 127Mb .rar or a 172Mb .wav
nik39 12:28 PM - 24 June, 2007
Quote:
Who wants to go after Gor?

Me...

Gor send me the link for either... Thanks :)
dj cubicle 3:04 PM - 24 June, 2007
You guys mind if I claim a spot after nik? I might actually be able to record now that my gigs are out of the way. :)
Gor 9:04 PM - 24 June, 2007
01. 00.00 > 03.40 Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
02. 03.40 > 05.40 sweetL - COMPLETE
03. 05.40 > 07.40 Thundercat - COMPLETE
13. 07.40 > 12.23 rabblerouser - COMPLETE
09. 12.23 > xx.xx Gor - COMPLETE (last mix @ 14.23)
04. DJ XTC - On Hold
05. dj cubicle
07. dj syko
08. dreamkast
10. nik39
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural

Link posted to nik & mr nice.
Gor 9:12 PM - 24 June, 2007
sorry that i mixed in so late, but rabblerouser mixed his last song at 11:52 and i liked the song so i chose not to cut his set off at 2 minutes while his first song was still playing.

I think we can be a little lenient for the first round of ping pong :)
nik39 9:13 PM - 24 June, 2007
04. 07.40 > 12.23 rabblerouser - COMPLETE
05. 12.23 > xx.xx Gor - COMPLETE (last mix @ 14.23)
06. nik39 > IN PROGRESS
07. dj cubicle
08. DJ XTC - On Hold
09. dj syko
10. dreamkast
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
CMS 1:52 AM - 25 June, 2007
Guys, I have to back out. Work just picked up and I'm swamped and will be for a few months. Sorry. :(
Mr.Nice 6:02 AM - 25 June, 2007
sorry to hear CMS, work sucks. make sure you check out the finsiehd piece though.

Anyone want to replace CMS?
dj_KaSE 7:21 AM - 25 June, 2007
naw, i think i'm koO with the freestyle ping pong.

=]
MusicMeister 7:55 PM - 25 June, 2007
If it's ok, I'll move up closer to the top so OG doesn't have to follow me.
nik39 9:17 PM - 25 June, 2007
MM, check your PM.
nik39 9:54 PM - 25 June, 2007
Sorry guys, unforeseen interruption :-( I won't be able to do it today or tomorrow, so I passed the buck to MusicMeister, and put myself after him. If that is a problem for anyone, holla, and I'll put my name into MM's previous position/slot.

06. MusicMeister > (Link passed to him)
07. nik39
08. dj cubicle
09. DJ XTC - On Hold
10. dj syko
11. dreamkast
12. DJ Cykophuk
13. CMS
15. OG Supernatural
Thundercat 10:59 PM - 25 June, 2007
Quote:
Sorry guys, unforeseen interruption :-( I won't be able to do it today or tomorrow, so I passed the buck to MusicMeister

LIES! You just wanted a cheat sneak peek!
nik39 11:15 PM - 25 June, 2007
Haha, I must admit, I started to listen, then I remembered that we should not listen to previous tracks - to keep up the excitement. So I just listened to the last and the track before the last one, to get a feeling of what to do.
Mr.Nice 11:23 PM - 25 June, 2007
btw, I think it's a good idea, MusicMeister is on a roll! you should check out his latest smooth entry into the freestyle ping pong. Keep up the quailty MM!
MusicMeister 4:26 AM - 26 June, 2007
I'm going to try and get something down tonight but it's pretty late. It will probably be tomorrow night when I throw down. I'll work on song selection at work tomorrow (listen to a couple tracks and pick one) and then add to the mix then.
Mr.Nice 4:52 AM - 26 June, 2007
do what ever it takes. listen over it, and make sure it is something you are happy with MM, this isn't a quick mix exercise, we want a nice finsihed product.
Gor 5:37 AM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
Haha, I must admit, I started to listen, then I remembered that we should not listen to previous tracks - to keep up the excitement.

true, but it would be better to listen to make sure you dont get any dropouts. I was waiting for the last track and it dropped out a few times so i started it again.
OG Supernatural 5:59 AM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
Haha, I must admit, I started to listen, then I remembered that we should not listen to previous tracks - to keep up the excitement. So I just listened to the last and the track before the last one, to get a feeling of what to do.

Hahahaha! Thats like saying she showed up lookin straight brick house, stripped for me, started to give me some but then I remembered not to beat it up so I could send her off fresh. Really... I just put the tip in...just the tip for a second...thats all. lol
Mr.Nice 7:50 AM - 26 June, 2007
King of the metaphor OG! lol

I'd say amend the ruls, if it's your turn, have a listen and try and get a feel for the whole thing and where it needs to go.
shiestO! 8:17 PM - 26 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Lol! That would have been funny of no-one did recognize. Haha!

it's like playing telephone. shit's gonna be all confused at the end :)
MusicMeister 4:22 AM - 27 June, 2007
Damn Gor... I'm trying to come up with something appropriate but that track you picked is a bitch to work with! I'm trying some stuff tonight.. but it's slow going....
dj cubicle 4:27 AM - 27 June, 2007
*explosion*

proceed.

:-)
sixxx 4:29 AM - 27 June, 2007
Quote:
*explosion*

proceed.

hahaha. Dope.
Gor 8:58 AM - 27 June, 2007
hahaa

im sure youll find something MM, take ur time.
Ain't nothing wrong with a little naughty by nature :)
Mr.Nice 11:58 AM - 27 June, 2007
Quote:
hahaa
im sure youll find something MM, take ur time.
Ain't nothing wrong with a little naughty by nature :)

that's great lol!

MM, take your time, I have a feeling the transition of your life awaits you here :-)
nik39 12:12 PM - 27 June, 2007
Okay, I am taking over MM. Took you too long :D
DJ Cykophuk 3:28 PM - 27 June, 2007
Quote:

06. MusicMeister > (Link passed to him)
07. nik39
08. dj cubicle
09. DJ XTC - On Hold
10. dj syko
11. dreamkast
12. DJ Cykophuk
13. CMS
15. OG Supernatural

Hey...I got bumped...its a spinal tap thing...I wanted #11.
MusicMeister 3:40 PM - 27 June, 2007
Quote:
Okay, I am taking over MM. Took you too long :D

nik, don't play with me like that... ;-)

If you want it back I can do that... but I think I might have an idea... Just need to make it all work out... They apartment complex I live is going condo so I have a meeting with them tonight to get info on the buy out, etc. Hopefully it won't last long and I'll get this mix down. I think I can work out the initial part here at work (track selection, etc).

Just to make sure I got this straight... his last mix is at 14.23 so I wait roughly 2 minutes and mix in right?
MusicMeister 3:41 PM - 27 June, 2007
I just dont' want to short change his track......

And nik, I've got some ideas for a track or two that might surprise you... hehehehe....
Thundercat 3:48 PM - 27 June, 2007
You can hop in anytime after 14:23. The last full mix-in is dropped with the understanding that most of it may hit the cutting room floor. You can use it or transition it anywhere your heart desires after 14:23.
MusicMeister 4:22 PM - 27 June, 2007
Cool... that gives me a little more room to work with...
nik39 4:23 PM - 27 June, 2007
MM, I have time this evening, so if you don't mind (and it would take you longer, I would like to take the slot back.
MusicMeister 3:46 AM - 28 June, 2007
Doh! Just got this message... sorry nik... I'm putting down the track right now.... I'll have a link for you as soon as I get it exported and uploaded.... figure about 30 minutes...
nik39 3:50 AM - 28 June, 2007
Good boy ;-) As 9 out of 10 times - unforeseen things happen - which resulted in me not having the time (I wanted to record a few hours ago). Anyway, cool, I'll continue then.

And MM, please upload a raw wav file, I've seen you (or someone else) posted a 128kbps mp3file - please do not. Thanks :)
MusicMeister 3:55 AM - 28 June, 2007
nik - if you put something down tonight just let me know and we'll go with that... I put something down but I'm not sure you'll appreciate the direction I went.. sort of a left turn... way out there....
nik39 4:02 AM - 28 June, 2007
Tonight? It is 6 in the morning over here ;) I *have* to get some sleep now.

No, do your thang - I'll find something. Right or left turn - all good :)
MusicMeister 4:03 AM - 28 June, 2007
Well.... one thing I can say about this... I don't think anyone will have any idea what that track I used is... Sorry nik, was going to use Die Fantastischen Vier-Geboren but went with this instead... hope it's ok - there's plenty of places to mix out... and if it's so far out that it's not usable just use Gor's submission. I'm swamped with getting contracts out for my DJ business and my day job so I don't know when I'll have a chance to throw something else down.
nik39 4:07 AM - 28 June, 2007
No worries - the rules are: "Do the best out of what the others did before you". Well sort of. I'll try my best.

Die Fantastischen Vier - haha, you know they are a german group and I live in Germany, eh... :)
MusicMeister 5:24 AM - 28 June, 2007
Yep...
The recording is messed up... I'm having to put it down again.... I was uploading the track, was about 70% done and when listening realized that the track was hosed. I'll have it up shortly.
MusicMeister 5:53 AM - 28 June, 2007
Ok... uploading to sendspace AGAIN.... this time I checked the recording first...dammit... was hoping to have this completed already.

And nik, there are a LOT of good groups in Germany that just never break in the US.... thought I'd throw you something you might know... ;-)

FYI - slam mix at 16:47 is last point. You can drop that track if you want or pick up after that... it's all good.... and I thought about it and did this instead of just dropping that intermediate track on you.... If you need the rest of that track to mix out of just let me know so I can let you know what it is....
MusicMeister 5:54 AM - 28 June, 2007
50 minutes to completion of the upload.... I'll PM you the link as soon as it finishes...
nik39 8:59 AM - 28 June, 2007
Quote:
And nik, there are a LOT of good groups in Germany that just never break in the US.... thought I'd throw you something you might know... ;-)

Yes, but Die Fantastischen Vier is crap, that worse than Nelly. That's worse than PM Dawn, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer combined!
nik39 9:39 AM - 28 June, 2007
Quote:
Cross fading just after a beat is good becuase the loud beat masks the xfade for the ear :)

I am confused... you played two tracks... Did you cut the first one short by slam dropping? If so... uhm, I thought we were just supposed to mix in *one* track and then let it play, so the next dj can decide what to do with it. Am I wrong?
Mr.Nice 10:24 AM - 28 June, 2007
That was the idea, how she looking nik?
nik39 10:26 AM - 28 June, 2007
I am not quite sure, waiting for MM to get back at me with answers.

Wow, I sound like a police investigator ;)
Mr.Nice 10:55 AM - 28 June, 2007
You are the top detective on this one my freind :-)
matt212 12:54 PM - 28 June, 2007
Damn, this isn't done yet? What's the hold up? lol
dj_KaSE 1:42 PM - 28 June, 2007
It seems the order of DJs itself was a trainwreck.
DJ Cykophuk 2:21 PM - 28 June, 2007
Quote:
It seems the order of DJs itself was a trainwreck.

LOL...to add the the confusion, it looks as if I'm out of town starting July 11. Any chance I could jump in next?
Thundercat 2:46 PM - 28 June, 2007
Chop chop people. Lets get a move on it! I'm dying to hear where this went after my re-direct. =)
MusicMeister 2:48 PM - 28 June, 2007
I slam mixed that track in just to mess with you...

mix out of the track before...
dj cubicle 2:53 PM - 28 June, 2007
LOL. MM made a funny!
dj cubicle 2:54 PM - 28 June, 2007
I've got a gig tonight, so if this thing moves along well today, feel free to bump me back. :-/
MusicMeister 2:58 PM - 28 June, 2007
Yea... The track I dropped is pretty out there. Pulled in that Die Fantastischen Vier track just to mess with nik...

I've PM'd nik to see if it's a problem and work it out if it is...
MusicMeister 3:48 PM - 28 June, 2007
Ok... I've talked with nik and I cut the song a little too short. I'm not really going to have time to re-record because of my day job and my DJ business. I have a big wedding gig this weekend, 3 contract to get out, a couple prospects to talk with, and more. I 'might' be able to cut it again tonight, but it's a big 'if' at this point...

I'd prefer to just get dropped from the mix overall.... I'm gigging the next 4 weekends and with all the conversations I'm having with brides to make sure everything is covered I'm just short on time at this point...

And with all this coming up I don't want to hold up the progress any longer...

nik, you should have gor's mix... just pick up there and if I get time I'll try to drop in later. Just bump me to the back of the 'waiting' list....
OG Supernatural 5:30 PM - 28 June, 2007
Yo nik... you got 2 minutes to do your thing. Please mix more than 1 song in there. lol
OG Supernatural 5:50 PM - 28 June, 2007
"2 minutes to do your thing" thats the way I understood this mix would go down. I see it's an option to mix 1 track only but 2 min and 1 track??? You guys are mixing in more than one track aren't you???
Thundercat 8:58 PM - 28 June, 2007
I know I did...
nik39 9:07 PM - 28 June, 2007
Uhm... what? I thought one track each person?
Thundercat 9:19 PM - 28 June, 2007
Quote:
2. Each Dj gets 2 minutes - This can be one song played out or a complete mash up. Up to the Dj.

Just keep it within that 2 minute window.
Mr.Nice 9:54 PM - 28 June, 2007
I mixed in 3 tracks. The last track was mixed in around the 2 min mark and played out completley allowing sweetL to choose when to start HIS 2 min. He first cut in at 3:40, went nuts for 2 min and then played out his track eniterly for Thundercat.

makes sense?
Deejay Z 9:56 PM - 28 June, 2007
can i jump in??
nik39 10:12 PM - 28 June, 2007
Quote:
I mixed in 3 tracks. The last track was mixed in around the 2 min mark and played out completley allowing sweetL to choose when to start HIS 2 min. He first cut in at 3:40, went nuts for 2 min and then played out his track eniterly for Thundercat.

makes sense?

Yes, crap, I misunderstood. Too late.
nik39 11:37 PM - 28 June, 2007
05. 12.23 > 15.44 Gor - COMPLETE
06. 15.44 > 17.44 nik39 - COMPLETE
07. dj cubicle > (Link passed to him)
08. DJ XTC - On Hold
09. dj syko
10. dreamkast
11. DJ Cykophuk
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
dj cubicle 11:38 PM - 28 June, 2007
haha, where did said link go? :)
dj cubicle 11:43 PM - 28 June, 2007
hey nik, what app did you use to make the rar? I can't open it using the app I normally use.
nik39 11:47 PM - 28 June, 2007
cos me is a fool :D forgot to say that it will take an hour until upload is finished.
nik39 11:48 PM - 28 June, 2007
Oh, and fellas, I passed punani to finish this mix now and add another track, OG+TC, I hope you guys know what that means (no, I am not talking about handjob tonight :D ).
OG Supernatural 12:01 AM - 29 June, 2007
^^^sneaky, you got time with punani twice!
Thundercat 12:28 AM - 29 June, 2007
Look, I like you nik...but not that much. =D
Mr.Nice 8:09 AM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
can i jump in??

more ten welcome Z :-)

given XTC never responded... and we seem to be on a role, who wants to go next?
Mr.Nice 8:11 AM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
Oh, and fellas, I passed punani to finish this mix now and add another track]

Glad to hear you were a gentelman with her nik :-D
dj_KaSE 9:33 AM - 29 June, 2007
Count me out, guys. Due to some B.S. at my former job, I now have to devote as much of my time as possible to find another day job.
DJ Cykophuk 12:54 PM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
given XTC never responded... and we seem to be on a role, who wants to go next?

I'll hit it.
nik39 12:57 PM - 29 June, 2007
Hey, didn't you complain about 11 and the spinal tap thing? ;)
Deejay Z 2:01 PM - 29 June, 2007
ya then im in....
MusicMeister 2:32 PM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
Count me out, guys. Due to some B.S. at my former job, I now have to devote as much of my time as possible to find another day job.

Sorry to hear it.... But been there, done that...

Good luck with the job search.

And on a side note, if someone wants to take my spot and bump me to the waitlist I'm ok with that. I was just told that the network connectivity we were going to wait for October to get put in I have to get done ASAP.... on top of the network redesign, IP changes, deploy a new proxy service, design the new email solution, find a document management solution and about a half million other things....

Add to that my DJ business where I've been talking with a LOT of clients lately. Need to revamp my website, design some new marketing materials, and a few other things....

Oh yea... did I mention I'm trying to get my wedding planned too?

Trust me.... drop me to the wait list... mixing is difficult when you're all assholes and elbows....
Deejay Z 2:41 PM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:

Oh yea... did I mention I'm trying to get my wedding planned too?

Need a DJ?? hahah jk Good luck man, you'll get through it!!
DJ Cykophuk 2:41 PM - 29 June, 2007
Quote:
Hey, didn't you complain about 11 and the spinal tap thing? ;)

yeah...I know, I know...but I'm heading to Colorado on the 11th and I want to make sure I can spend the time and energy to give it my all. I'd rather have a good showing than be #11. ^_^
Gor 3:24 PM - 2 July, 2007
bump...lets get this thing finished some time this year!
dj cubicle 3:31 PM - 2 July, 2007
I COMPLETELY forgot I was supposed to do this. LOL

I'll get it recorded tonight the second I get home. Well, maybe the two minutes and a second....

dj cubicle 5:31 PM - 2 July, 2007
man nik, i'm feeling that post-17:40 song. can you pm me the title?
DJ Young Herrera 5:56 PM - 2 July, 2007
Yo, can I get in this?
nik39 5:59 PM - 2 July, 2007
Sure, if you let it play the whole way through.

:-P
nik39 6:00 PM - 2 July, 2007
Quote:
man nik, i'm feeling that post-17:40 song. can you pm me the title?

Sure, if you let it play the whole way through.

:-P
nik39 12:17 AM - 3 July, 2007
Check 1, 2.... check 1, 2.. cubicle, what da dilly, you're on the decks?
dj cubicle 12:25 AM - 3 July, 2007
Um....throw the link to someone else. I got put on cleaning duty for the party we're throwing tomorrow. :-/

Sorry guys for wasting so much time.
nik39 12:31 AM - 3 July, 2007
Ok, who is next?
DJ Cykophuk 2:56 AM - 3 July, 2007
Quote:
Ok, who is next?

I'm ready.
rabblerouser 3:37 AM - 3 July, 2007
guys,

i am soooo sorry. i clearly didn't pay attention to the rules. i was trippin.

i just got back in town, read the thread, and realized i totally f'ed up.
Mr.Nice 5:17 AM - 3 July, 2007
All part of the game rabblerouser, what's the damage?
nik39 7:28 AM - 3 July, 2007
Okay, Cykophuk, I'll PM you the link.
nik39 7:38 AM - 3 July, 2007
07. DJ Cykophuk > (Link passed to him)
08. DJ XTC - On Hold
09. dj syko
10. dreamkast
11. --- OPEN SLOT ---
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
Mr.Nice 10:37 AM - 3 July, 2007
Making progress, who's up next?
DJ Young Herrera 12:55 PM - 3 July, 2007
Sign me up for slot number 11. Do it!
nik39 2:40 PM - 3 July, 2007
If you don't mind Mr.Nice (just trying to speed things up):

DJ Young Herrera I think slot 8 is open as well. R u down?
DJ Cykophuk 9:07 PM - 3 July, 2007
Done. Uploading now. I only gots two kinds of music in mah crates...country...and western. jk

who's up?
Mr.Nice 10:36 PM - 3 July, 2007
Down with the underground, as I said first come first serve!
We all want to hear this thing... So, who's next?
(DJ Young Herrera, Deejay Z and anybody reading this post are more than welcome!)
Deejay Z 12:26 AM - 4 July, 2007
Im in
DJ Cykophuk 12:33 AM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
Im in

You've got PM.

07. DJ Cykophuk - COMPLETE
08. Deejay Z (link sent)
09. dj syko
10. dreamkast
11. DJ XTC - On Hold
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
Deejay Z 12:37 AM - 4 July, 2007
Got It, ill try to do it tonite, but im on tour till thur, i get back to the chi in the afternoon so i will do it then for sure ok?
DJ Cykophuk 12:42 AM - 4 July, 2007
anyone want to jump in and hit it on the holiday?
NotoriousM.I.T. 3:00 AM - 4 July, 2007
Quote:
anyone want to jump in and hit it on the holiday?

that's what she said
dreamkast 3:38 AM - 4 July, 2007
um can i jump in a spot that will get to do it soon cause im away next week.
Mr.Nice 4:59 AM - 4 July, 2007
Yo got it bro.

1. 00.00 > 03.40 Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
08. Deejay Z (link sent)
09. dreamkast
10. dj syko
11. OPEN FOR DJ's (where are u XTC?)
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
Play So-Urban 6:01 AM - 4 July, 2007
yo let me jump on at slot 11 while xtc is absent??
Mr.Nice 7:37 AM - 5 July, 2007
08. Deejay Z (link sent)
09. dreamkast
10. dj syko
11. Play So-Urban (XTC - You alive?)
12. CMS
14. MusicMeister
15. OG Supernatural
DJ Young Herrera 2:10 PM - 5 July, 2007
Aaahh, did I miss my chance?
Mr.Nice 11:39 PM - 5 July, 2007
No, just check this thread, we want to keep this thing flowing, so if somebody is too busy when thier turn is up just jump in and claim your spot!
Deejay Z 4:01 AM - 6 July, 2007
Ya im busy till Sunday, Can someone swap with me and ill do mine on sunday??

Sorry for the delay!
Deejay Z 2:59 PM - 8 July, 2007
Sunday Rolls around and I have a last minute gig...Sorry guys, dont wanna leave you hangin...ne one want to switch?
Play So-Urban 6:36 PM - 8 July, 2007
im down - send me the mix manG n ill jump in next
Play So-Urban 6:53 PM - 8 July, 2007
also.. just an idea,

i think once the mixtape is done, when the final tracklisting is put out, it should appear as..

DJ Frank (Sweden) - Track 1
DJ John (U.S.A) - Track 2
DJ Mark (U.K) - Track 3

etc...
Mr.Nice 11:21 PM - 8 July, 2007
Yeah, I, I like the around the word country showcase :-) a true global mixtapte
Play So-Urban 12:30 AM - 9 July, 2007
someone email me the mix to beatz_101@hotmail.com and ill do my mix today
DJ Cykophuk 1:11 PM - 9 July, 2007
I'm at work at the moment, so I don't have the link. Deejay Z, would you forward the link I sent to you? If not, I'll send a link to Play So-Urban tonight when I get home.
DJ Cykophuk 2:02 PM - 9 July, 2007
OK nevermind...I found it. Link sent.
Play So-Urban 4:24 PM - 10 July, 2007
got the link, djin tonight, then gig in ibiza on thursday so ill do it wed thru the day, only problem might be uploading it before i leave, wav is huge, but itll get done latest sat when im back in uk
Menace 4:51 PM - 10 July, 2007
What is the style so far til track 7? Hip Hop?
DJ Cykophuk 5:43 PM - 10 July, 2007
I left it off at 130bpm
Mr.Nice 11:16 PM - 10 July, 2007
wow... I think I started it at 100 bpm, can't wait to hear it
rabblerouser 6:20 AM - 11 July, 2007
130!

we're rollin now! i think i left it around 108.
nik39 8:12 AM - 11 July, 2007
I left at 103...
Mr.Nice 11:44 AM - 11 July, 2007
Cykophuk, did you pump it up big time?
Play So-Urban 12:46 PM - 11 July, 2007
lets see who can mix into my spoken word track.
DJ Cykophuk 1:11 PM - 11 July, 2007
Quote:
Cykophuk, did you pump it up big time?

nik39...you busted me out. ;)

yes I make a large change in the BPM...but I think it was tastefully done. guess we'll see what you think.
Mr.Nice 11:00 PM - 11 July, 2007
Awsome, so who's is next>
Mr.Nice 11:00 PM - 11 July, 2007
Awsome, so who's is next?
Play So-Urban 9:23 PM - 15 July, 2007
YO! my bad for not rplying to this,

ok, so i got last minute gigs i couldnt turn down in ibiza on thursday, now im in magaluf doing BCM tonight. im back home tommorow, but im djing on the night.

TUESDAY - this will be done, and the link will be uploaded as a wav again.

sorry for the delay. but i had 2 do my thing.

dont check this everyday, by the way - add me on myspace

/playdpgc
matt212 11:28 PM - 15 July, 2007
Are we there yet?
Play So-Urban 4:36 PM - 17 July, 2007
doing it 2day, link up later on tonight, someone send me the email address of who to send the new link to.

my email is playsourban@googlemail.com
sixxx 2:50 PM - 18 July, 2007
Is this thing ever gonna be done? lol
DJ Cykophuk 3:10 PM - 18 July, 2007
Quote:
doing it 2day, link up later on tonight, someone send me the email address of who to send the new link to.

my email is playsourban@googlemail.com

If that doesn't work, just sent a PM to the next name on the list.

Last list:

08. Play So-Urban

dreamkast
dj syko
CMS
MusicMeister
OG Supernatural
Deejay Z
Mr.Nice 11:44 PM - 19 July, 2007
More then then half way there... let's see this one through.

Who's up?
nik39 11:46 PM - 19 July, 2007
Yeah, come on, if someone is not able to finish it within 2 days, then he should pass it to the next one - be fair guys, otherwise we won't see this finished this year.
DJ Cykophuk 1:05 PM - 20 July, 2007
maybe we should all go again?
nik39 10:56 PM - 20 July, 2007
Go where?
DJ Cykophuk 12:19 AM - 21 July, 2007
in the loo?
nik39 3:51 AM - 22 July, 2007
loo? Whats that?
Deejay Z 8:22 AM - 22 July, 2007
Quote:
loo? Whats that?

ST. Louis
Mr.Nice 8:37 AM - 22 July, 2007
will somebody please come out of the loo... who's up?
Play So-Urban 5:30 PM - 22 July, 2007
link is being sent to dreamkast
Play So-Urban 11:25 PM - 22 July, 2007
08. Play So-Urban - COMPLETE
09. Dreamkast - link sent
Deejay Z 11:35 PM - 22 July, 2007
hey im setup at a gig and have an hour to kill if you wanna send me it now.....(If Dreamkast isnt available)
dreamkast 5:10 AM - 23 July, 2007
yer umn i just snapped all 3 fader stems on my sa5, getting a 56 on weds, ill be up for it on weds/thursday.
djskiggz 6:36 AM - 23 July, 2007
i wanna play.
Mr.Nice 7:29 AM - 23 July, 2007
Sounds Good, can anyhbody have it done by Wends?

p.s
great way to kickstart your new 56! enjoy :-)
dreamkast 1:59 AM - 25 July, 2007
um maybe if I can get a spot next week cause the shop called me up and said they hada 57 arrive not a 56,and it wont be in till next week.
DJ Cykophuk 2:33 AM - 25 July, 2007
get...the...57...seriously.
Mr.Nice 2:50 AM - 25 July, 2007
Go for gold! you won't regret the 57...
dreamkast 4:37 AM - 25 July, 2007
I honestly dont have enough money,and i need a mixer asap.But if you can sell it to me in a way where i just cant get it, I guess i have no choice.
DJ Cykophuk 5:49 PM - 25 July, 2007
I hear ya...the first time my buddy at the shop told me to spend $1200 on a mixer I told him he was out of his damn mind...yet after a day with the 57, I found a way to make it happen and ditched my mint condition 54 with a quickness. Borrow, beg, charge it, set up terms, sell some shit, whatever it takes...it is the heat.
nik39 6:13 PM - 25 July, 2007
Who is next BTW? We really should do it like this

Quote:
if someone is not able to finish it within 2 days, then he should pass it to the next one - be fair guys, otherwise we won't see this finished this year.
Mr.Nice 12:43 PM - 26 July, 2007
*bump*
Who's up?
dreamkast 5:34 AM - 27 July, 2007
Im ready if someone wants to send me the mix that i can add on to, just got the 57.
Mr.Nice 7:54 AM - 27 July, 2007
Congratulations :-)

When your done, post me the link and I will pm it to the next avialable cat.
dreamkast 8:20 AM - 27 July, 2007
sweet just waiting on the link.
DJ Cykophuk 12:11 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:
Im ready if someone wants to send me the mix that i can add on to, just got the 57.

thats awesome...congrats!
Mr.Nice 1:28 PM - 27 July, 2007
Quote:

09. Dreamkast - link sent

Do you have the mix dreamkast? or is it still with lay So-Urban?
Play So-Urban 8:35 PM - 27 July, 2007
dreamkast i sent it to u in a private message 5 days ago
dreamkast 9:52 PM - 27 July, 2007
oh yer i thought someone else had gone since then. Did everyone get 2 seperate mixes like you sent it to me?
Dj Tremendo 6:08 AM - 28 July, 2007
awww man i just saw this thread i wish i could of seen this earlyer i really wanted to b iin it
Mr.Nice 7:50 AM - 29 July, 2007
This might just be your lucky day :-)
Dreamkast is on deck now and should be finished in a few days. Who want to go after him?

open to everybody with firt prefrence for those that registered.

09. Dreamkast - On Deck
Mr.Nice 7:52 AM - 29 July, 2007
btw, started a fresh ping pong game open to all:
www2.scratchlive.net
dreamkast 4:49 AM - 31 July, 2007
sweet so i downloaded the track but ive encountered a small problem my old mixer had 2 rca outs one for master and one for recording , and my 57 doesnt . my stereo only has rca input so I have to use my 57 rca output on that,then I dont have a rca ouput to put into my soundcard(which doesnt have any xlr inputs)
Mr.Nice 5:44 AM - 31 July, 2007
I'm confusued... 57 makes things easy, it is your soundcard and all you got to do is press Ctr N and start recording. simple. (have a look in the manul if this doens't help)
dreamkast 5:51 AM - 31 July, 2007
yer ive tried recording with my 57 but inside serato but it comes out way to quiet.
Deejay Z 12:24 AM - 1 August, 2007
Just adjust the gain knob right next to the record button on the screen
dreamkast 5:11 AM - 1 August, 2007
done that will have another go.
nik39 10:32 PM - 6 August, 2007
BUMP.

Whats happening guys? In more than one month we had exactly TWO dj's adding there set?! WT eff?
matt212 12:24 AM - 7 August, 2007
DAMN!!!! This isn't finished yet??? Remind me to never go in the studio with you guys. haha
dreamkast 1:17 AM - 7 August, 2007
k ima just record with 57 if its to quiet ill turn it up in the program afterwards.
sixxx 2:13 AM - 7 August, 2007
This was the worst idea ever.
sixxx 2:15 AM - 7 August, 2007
You DJ so bad, you decided to make a new mix CD featuring all the hot artists of the present. The bad thing is by the time your mix CD came out, it was considered an OLDIES mix CD.
dreamkast 3:21 AM - 7 August, 2007
gahh done the mix, now just tryna figure out why its got lil skips every so often.
DJ Cykophuk 1:30 PM - 7 August, 2007
Quote:
gahh done the mix, now just tryna figure out why its got lil skips every so often.

you may need to shut down everything except SSL. using the internal recorder is the best way to go. this drop out thing happened to me when I still had my wireless card installed during a mix. Also, check for spyware (or just clean out your Explorer temp files and cookies. beyond that, this stuff is pretty good:

scratchlive.net
DJ Cykophuk 5:15 PM - 7 August, 2007
oh yeah...forgot to mention, and you probably know this...did you build the overview for all tracks used?
Gor 3:13 AM - 8 August, 2007
zomg...we'll be making video mixtapes before this one is finished at this rate
rabblerouser 4:41 AM - 8 August, 2007
how does it sound? man, this mix is so old that i've become a better dj since i did my mix.

actually, that's a lie.

i've gotten way worse in the last 2 months.
Mr.Nice 9:43 AM - 8 August, 2007
Quote:
zomg...we'll be making video mixtapes before this one is finished at this rate

lol!

Putting an end to this last month slowness, no more Mr.Nice guy...

New Rules:

1. If your in it, do a good job, and don't back out half way through it.

2. Turn around time is within 3-4 days otherwise you get skipped. Being strict on this rule. I will always have the latest link and send it to next available dj.

3. When finished send me the link to ME via a PM. I will keep track of this post and send it to the next AVAILABLE dj.

4. Post up here if you got time and want to be included. It's about who can get it done, not about who put thier name down first. Be part of this Serato history!

The Good News:
The mix is sounding great and a bit of Serato history here with this massive colaboration. Sound quality is top gear as well!

Sorry, I had to have a listen to work what is going on,the funny thing is that the last track mixed in sings "Rush the DJ!"... a bit ironic...
gucca69 10:27 AM - 8 August, 2007
waiting patiently to hear the mix............................
nik39 10:28 AM - 8 August, 2007
So who is next?
sfcraiger 11:01 AM - 8 August, 2007
told you from the start this was a stupid idea and will never be completed the way it was meant to be. if anything the mix will be some half ass pos.
Mr.Nice 11:51 AM - 8 August, 2007
I take it 'sfcraiger' isn't next...

Dreamkast is on deck now. Sorting out his recoding machine and waiting on 'Play So Urban' to paste up his file togther cause he submitted it in 2 bits.

I have sent a PM to both to see where thier at.

Anybody want to jump on after?
Deejay Z 4:53 PM - 8 August, 2007
send me the link i have a gig today but plan on setting up a bit early.....So i dont have to re-record the whole thing can i start recording a min before i mix and then splice it in?? Is that how everyone is doing it or is it just recording the whole thing and waiting till the point to mix??
Mr.Nice 3:50 AM - 9 August, 2007
Splicing is the easist.

Just make sure the E.Q and all the level are set up so that the sound doesn't drop halfway through the song when you paste it together.

Dreamkast is 'On Deck' now and should be finishing up soon.
dreamkast 4:20 AM - 9 August, 2007
Yo i finished my mix and ive stuck it together in cooledit, im not to flash with mixing down and what not , so I know you want it sent as wav, but with cooledit I got some different wav encoders just wondering specifically what type of wav you want.
Mr.Nice 5:32 AM - 9 August, 2007
The wav will probabey go ober 300mb which is the limit for Sendspace.

Anybody have other hosting options?

or should we compress to 320kbs. Sound quality is top gear at the moment.hate to spoil it.
dreamkast 5:41 AM - 9 August, 2007
is saving using the amc encoder in cooledit at 44.100khz,16 bit mono 86kb/sec fine?
dreamkast 5:42 AM - 9 August, 2007
amc*
dreamkast 5:43 AM - 9 August, 2007
ooops yer shoulda read first, if you want me to upload as a mp3 thats cool
MusicMeister 6:02 AM - 9 August, 2007
Try FLAC, APE, WMA Lossless or other lossless codec. That way you can compress the file but still maintain the quality.
dreamkast 6:07 AM - 9 August, 2007
hmm cooledit doesnt have any of those, is there any free encoders I can download and add to my cooledit list of encoding programs?
MusicMeister 6:15 AM - 9 August, 2007
FLAC and APE are both free. There may be others.

Apple lossless might be another possibility....
Mr.Nice 6:30 AM - 9 August, 2007
I think mp3 will be fine unless somebody has another hosting option.

Save it as mp3 Stereo 320 kbs for now and send me the link.

(As for wave, alwasy make sure it is Stereo NOT monto and 320kb/sec)
Mr.Nice 6:31 AM - 9 August, 2007
Dreamkast is uploading shortley...

WHO's UP?
Mr.Nice 11:08 AM - 9 August, 2007
Wer'e rolling.

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE

Who's ready to go?
(allow a 4 day turnaround, pleanty of time for a 2 min mix...)
Deejay Z 5:25 PM - 9 August, 2007
send it to me now and ill mix it a couple hours
Menace 7:03 PM - 9 August, 2007
I am out for round 2 in a few years.
Mr.Nice 11:10 PM - 9 August, 2007
08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
08. Deejay Z- ON DECK
dreamkast 12:10 AM - 10 August, 2007
jus making sure the quality of mine was all good?
Mr.Nice 4:41 AM - 10 August, 2007
All good :-)

Word from Z is that he will be finished tommorow, put your name down if you want to go next!
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 12:13 AM - 11 August, 2007
is fun times to play it the ping kong i luv it
Deejay Z 6:28 AM - 11 August, 2007
Pong!
Mr.Nice 11:20 AM - 11 August, 2007
Quote:
Pong!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE

Making on a move on it!

Who's Next?
Dj Snaptec 3:58 PM - 11 August, 2007
i would ...
Mr.Nice 4:00 PM - 11 August, 2007
'Would' or 'Will'?
Dj Snaptec 8:00 PM - 11 August, 2007
sorry to early ...i will :)
Mr.Nice 1:07 AM - 12 August, 2007
Right, seems like the ball has traveled from the states to germany.

Snaptec, your on deck, I sent you the link in PM, enjoy :)

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
10. Dj Snaptec - ON DECK
nik39 3:48 AM - 12 August, 2007
Quote:
Right, seems like the ball has traveled from the states to germany.

For the second time in this mix :-D
Mr.Nice 4:51 AM - 12 August, 2007
Around the world in 80 days!
Dj Snaptec 1:51 AM - 13 August, 2007
ping or pong? whatever, check your pm
Mr.Nice 4:38 AM - 13 August, 2007
Ping!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
10. Dj Snaptec - COMPLETE
11. ?

Let's keep the flow.. 5 dj's to go...

Who's next? (everybody's welcome)
Mr.Nice 11:27 PM - 13 August, 2007
bump
Deejay Z 2:21 PM - 14 August, 2007
bump x 2
MusicMeister 4:56 PM - 14 August, 2007
I might be able to throw something down tonight if no one else is on this...
Mr.Nice 11:24 PM - 14 August, 2007
First come first serve... Ready for Pong MM?
MusicMeister 4:52 AM - 15 August, 2007
Tomorrow... got tied up with clients tonight...

I'll post tomorrow before I leave from work and let you know what's up if no one gets it before then...
Mr.Nice 5:00 AM - 15 August, 2007
Cool, Can anybody beat MusicMeister to it?

A hot mixtape will be PM to you...
Dj Snaptec 1:17 PM - 17 August, 2007
gogo, 4 to go ...want to have the result :)
it´ll be nice!
Mr.Nice 4:41 PM - 17 August, 2007
Whoo Hooo! The final count down!

Who's next?
MusicMeister 9:26 PM - 17 August, 2007
I'm slammed from work... and have a wedding tomorrow...

I might hit it tonight... bit it will probably be pretty late. If not I'll have some time on Sunday.
MusicMeister 9:27 PM - 17 August, 2007
Damn... I'd have a lot more time to do stuff like this if my DJ business wasn't doing so well and I didn't have to do my day job to pay the bills!
Mr.Nice 11:15 PM - 19 August, 2007
Quit the dayjob if your Dj business is doing well...

Almost there... I take it people want this mixtape release...

Who can face 2 min of mixing?
MusicMeister 12:39 AM - 20 August, 2007
Mr. Nice,

Working on it. Want to get vested first....

Need to set up my gear again...
Mr.Nice 6:53 AM - 22 August, 2007
BUMPARAMA

10 Dj's have done thier stuff... Mixtape is sounding good...

Who's up?
sfcraiger 6:59 AM - 22 August, 2007
why would you want MM to trainwreck your mixtape?
nik39 8:13 AM - 22 August, 2007
sfcraiger you werent interested in the first place, you discouraged Mr.Nice, why would you even care now?!
Mr.Nice 9:03 AM - 22 August, 2007
+1
DJ Cykophuk 1:14 PM - 22 August, 2007
Quote:
why would you want MM to trainwreck your mixtape?

besides...I already trainwrecked the mix. ^_^
Mr.Nice 1:22 PM - 22 August, 2007
You sure sped it up! It's taken a few turns since...
protec 4:25 PM - 23 August, 2007
Hi !
Me for the next ! it's possible ?
For the futur, sorry for my english, but i'm french...
Mr.Nice 12:27 AM - 24 August, 2007
Viva La France!

Uploading the file for you my freind, check your PM shortly.
Deejay Z 12:34 AM - 24 August, 2007
nice....world wide deejays!!!
Deejay Z 12:34 AM - 24 August, 2007
Now only if we can get this stamped on wax!!
Mr.Nice 10:51 AM - 25 August, 2007
08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - ON DECK
Mr.Nice 12:04 PM - 27 August, 2007
Pong! - Nice one prtoec!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - ON DECK1. 00.00 > 03.40 Mr.Nice - COMPLETE
08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE

So... WHO'S NEXT?
nik39 1:31 PM - 27 August, 2007
bump
MusicMeister 2:50 PM - 27 August, 2007
If you can give me 36 hours I'll add a track. If I can't put one on tonight I can tomorrow.
nik39 2:55 PM - 27 August, 2007
MM, no offense... but there were quite a few occasion where you said you were gonne do it and then you didnt b/c you had other stuff to do. Like dem Nike guys:

Just DO IT :)
MusicMeister 2:58 PM - 27 August, 2007
I will just do it... I just need 36 hours for the turnaround. I might be able to do it in under 12 (tonight), but worst case it will be 36 (tomorrow night). No if's, no and's, and no but's.

As long as that time frame is acceptable give me the link...
nik39 3:06 PM - 27 August, 2007
I think 48 hours are fine. Gotta wait for Mr. Nice to get back at you.
nik39 3:09 PM - 27 August, 2007
Oh and no excuses like "hey, I am using VDJ, you are using SSL, you are using DVD's and high technology I am using real vinyl" and such stuff accepted.

(c) Just DO IT.

:)
MusicMeister 6:44 PM - 27 August, 2007
nik: I've gotten slammed and not been able to do it once, but I don't think I've ever used the 'I'm using other technology' BS that someone else pulled...

And I'll have it back up by tomorrow night late if I have to stay up all night to do it!
Mr.Nice 12:28 AM - 28 August, 2007
My Man MM!

Once again... I have faith in you... still impressed with the fine transition on Freestyle Mixtape1 - www2.scratchlive.net

Clock is ticking MM... but don't stress, make sure it's a good one!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. MusicMeister - ON DECK
MusicMeister 1:25 AM - 28 August, 2007
It's the quick mix style I have the most problems with.... I'll do what I can...
MusicMeister 1:25 AM - 28 August, 2007
BTW, downloading now....
protec 5:01 PM - 28 August, 2007
Quote:
It's the quick mix style I have the most problems with.... I'll do what I can...

LoooooooL ! Just Do It ! ;-)
MusicMeister 6:01 PM - 28 August, 2007
I actually started working on this last night... trying a couple different directions to see what works best...
Mr.Nice 11:47 PM - 28 August, 2007
You can do it MM!
Mr.Nice 4:08 PM - 30 August, 2007
36 hours and counting...
MusicMeister 7:05 AM - 31 August, 2007
Whoops... I have something together... forgot to post it was done - work was CRAZY the last couple days.

I want someone to listen to it, tell me what they think. I tried something but it's not as smooth as I'd really like it to be though. I really want another opinion before I kick it back carte blanche for the next person.... had about 3 different ways to go musically - and I like the direction I took it.

Who wants a listen? If it's ok we can kick it back to the next person - if not I'll need another 24 hours to throw down a different idea that might be smoother...
Psyko Logical 7:49 AM - 31 August, 2007
Random Fact -- This thread was started June 14th.
nik39 8:40 AM - 31 August, 2007
I'll listen MM, no excuses however :) Just DO IT :)
Mr.Nice 10:11 AM - 31 August, 2007
While Nik is listening maybe work on another option MM.
J0be 10:34 AM - 31 August, 2007
So, since I havent been involved in this mix, I cant have a listen.

Is is good!? Is it pure mashup style? I'm quite interested.
nik39 10:46 AM - 31 August, 2007
Join the mix J0be :)
J0be 10:55 AM - 31 August, 2007
I would but I'm at work now and I've got a gig tonight, then a wedding all weekend! :)

But I'll defo jump on when I've got some free time. Thanks for the invite ;)
MusicMeister 2:32 PM - 31 August, 2007
Quote:
I'll listen MM, no excuses however :) Just DO IT :)

Oh I did it alright.... I just want to make sure it's not a total screw of the pooch so to speak.

nik,

I'll get it uploaded shortly and fire you a link in a PM.
Deejay Z 2:40 PM - 31 August, 2007
i thought the point was not to listen to the mix untill its done???? Keep it movin...
nik39 2:44 PM - 31 August, 2007
I'll just listen to the blend from MM, not the entire mix. Maybe... as Mr Nice has been listening the whole time... it might sense that he listens to it.
Deejay Z 2:48 PM - 31 August, 2007
ya makes sense.....
OG Supernatural 3:14 PM - 31 August, 2007
If it's on then there is no need to question what you did...

You only added one track right???
nik39 3:17 PM - 31 August, 2007
Quote:
If it's on then there is no need to question what you did.

Good point.

Quote:
You only added one track right?

Whats that supposed to mean? Previously people were bugging that people just added one track... now you should only add one track?

The rules said something like 2 minutes, whatever you do within that timeframe is up to you...
OG Supernatural 3:29 PM - 31 August, 2007
What I mean is...

I think MM only added one track and not a 2 minute mix after all this time he's had with it. Now he wants it reviewd because he is not sure about what he did. Too much drama for only one song. =P
Deejay Z 3:29 PM - 31 August, 2007
Quote:

The rules said something like 2 minutes, whatever you do within that timeframe is up to you...

Ya cause i added like 3 tracks in 2 minutes time
OG Supernatural 3:31 PM - 31 August, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Ya cause i added like 3 tracks in 2 minutes time

That's what we are after... a nice 2 minute mix with multiple songs to represent the world wide mixed tape.
nik39 3:35 PM - 31 August, 2007
Just DO IT. :)
OG Supernatural 3:38 PM - 31 August, 2007
Shit or get off the pot! =P
nik39 3:40 PM - 31 August, 2007
Quote:
Shit or get off the pot!

Hahahha :)
Mr.Nice 4:50 PM - 31 August, 2007
Good to have you back OG, you still gona hop on after MixMiester?
OG Supernatural 5:17 PM - 31 August, 2007
I'm still down... planned on goin last but I'll have some time Monday if you want to shoot it to me.
Mr.Nice 1:27 AM - 1 September, 2007
That's cool OG, I look forward to hearing your grand final closing mix.

Spot 15 is reserved to you.
OG Supernatural 3:15 AM - 1 September, 2007
Roger that...
djnvs 6:46 AM - 1 September, 2007
Count me in for the next one... somewhere in the middle
Mr.Nice 8:21 AM - 1 September, 2007
We are still 2 men short for this one djnvs... Not sure when the next will happin with the time it took to do this one.
djnvs 8:23 AM - 1 September, 2007
well put me down for this one
Mr.Nice 8:41 AM - 1 September, 2007
Wicked :) you can go after MixMiester which should be finsihed in the next day or so...

How's he sounding Nik?
djnvs 8:42 AM - 1 September, 2007
cool...cant wait..
OG Supernatural 8:44 AM - 1 September, 2007
What! I thought MM was done? What's up with that?
djnvs 8:45 AM - 1 September, 2007
lol...come on... give the man a break
OG Supernatural 8:58 AM - 1 September, 2007
Grrrrrrrr... ok forget our original plans to go out and kick it...let's set up the lawn chairs and watch MM so he doesn't get hurt in the jump-house. Hopefully you brought a cheese sandwitch cut in 4's and some kool-aid so he can have a snakepoo when he is done playing. lol
djnvs 9:00 AM - 1 September, 2007
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
OG Supernatural 9:24 AM - 1 September, 2007
7/25
Quote:
I'm going to try and get something down tonight but it's pretty late. It will probably be tomorrow night when I throw down. I'll work on song selection at work tomorrow (listen to a couple tracks and pick one) and then add to the mix then.

8/27 in the a.m.
Quote:
I will just do it... I just need 36 hours for the turnaround. I might be able to do it in under 12 (tonight), but worst case it will be 36 (tomorrow night). No if's, no and's, and no but's.

As long as that time frame is acceptable give me the link...

Damn... how many times have you had it and not come through??? If you guys want to keep cutting the crust off his samitch and hold his melting popsicle while he makes fart sounds with his arm pit that’s up to you.

I really think you should be involved with a thread like this first scratchlive.net instead of holding everyone up and filling the thread with more excuses.
OG Supernatural 9:29 AM - 1 September, 2007
This is the thread scratchlive.net

I can respect that...
OG Supernatural 9:30 AM - 1 September, 2007
Quote:
This is the thread scratchlive.net

I can respect that...

scratchlive.net
Mr.Nice 9:47 AM - 1 September, 2007
Yap, no more holding eveybody up... either Do it or don't.
nik39 10:36 AM - 1 September, 2007
I haven't received any link. Talk - but no action. Again. Lets keep moving. Pass the mix to OG or djnvs.

Oh, maybe it would make sense to pass the mix to Mr. Nice and another person who is on the forum on a reg. basis. I would offer my help. This may help speeding up things. Errbody cool with it?
Mr.Nice 12:48 PM - 1 September, 2007
I'm cool with that. Nik checks this on a regular baisis, so if we both have the link we can keep it in good flow.

MixMiester, you didn't deliever :(

djnvs, it your 2 min of fame :) check your PM. When done send me and Nik39 the link in PM to pass to the next person.

Still 2 DJ's short, everybody welcome.
Mr.Nice 12:52 PM - 1 September, 2007
Ping!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. djnvs - ON DECK
13. ? - Who's in?
14. ? - Who's in?
15. OG Supernatural - closing ceremony.

Who wants to be lucky 13?
djnvs 4:04 PM - 1 September, 2007
Ok... mine will be up tomorrow afternoon....gotta work today..and tonight...
lumo 12:35 AM - 2 September, 2007
woo hoo! nearly done!
Mr.Nice 1:00 AM - 2 September, 2007
Cool let's keep this bad boy rolling..

WHO'S NEXT?
sixxx 1:49 AM - 2 September, 2007
Quote:
woo hoo! nearly done!

and it's gonna take 2 months... lol
Mr.Nice 9:10 AM - 2 September, 2007
not if you help out Sixxx... Surely you can afford 2 min?
djnvs 9:14 AM - 2 September, 2007
Dontr forget.......I'll have mine up tomorrow
Fishr Pryce 3:03 PM - 2 September, 2007
I'll go after DJ NVS if its still open. I can record it at his house.
nik39 3:08 PM - 2 September, 2007
Great... so that is the current list:

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. djnvs - ON DECK
13. Fishr Pryce
14. ? - Who's in?

We need one more!
Fishr Pryce 3:09 PM - 2 September, 2007
I will record it tomorrow, NVS is outta pocket tonight.
djnvs 4:51 PM - 2 September, 2007
Quote:
I will record it tomorrow, NVS is outta pocket tonight.

Well then how about I just upload it when both of us are done?
Psyko Logical 11:13 PM - 2 September, 2007
Fuck it. I'll take 14.
nik39 11:15 PM - 2 September, 2007
Quote:
Well then how about I just upload it when both of us are done?

(c) Just DO IT.

;)
Mr.Nice 11:16 PM - 2 September, 2007
Sounds Good,just upload once.
djnvs 11:16 PM - 2 September, 2007
oh i'm gonna do it(no homo), not gonna pull a MM....
nik39 11:16 PM - 2 September, 2007
Quote:
Fuck it. I'll take 14.

Great!

Current list:

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. djnvs - ON DECK
13. Fishr Pryce
14. Psyko Logical

Psyk, send Mr. Nice and me your email address, so when we have the links we will be able to instantly send you the links... we need to speed up things a bit. Same goes for OG Supernatural.
Mr.Nice 11:17 PM - 2 September, 2007
We got a winner! Psyko Logical wins the final spot.

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. djnvs - ON DECK
13. Fishr Pryce
14. Psyko Logical
Psyko Logical 11:25 PM - 2 September, 2007
Shouldn't the Email address go to NVS?
Doesn't matter, I put it on my profile for all to see.
OG Supernatural 2:04 AM - 4 September, 2007
I'm back in town... If it's not done shoot it to me.
Fishr Pryce 2:07 AM - 4 September, 2007
Me and NVS did our parts today, and he will post it tonight.
djnvs 2:20 AM - 4 September, 2007
Psyko logical, I'll have the link for you tonight....
Psyko Logical 3:16 AM - 4 September, 2007
cool
OG Supernatural 3:53 AM - 4 September, 2007
ok... I see where we are at now. I'll send nik my email.
Mr.Nice 4:39 AM - 4 September, 2007
Flyin! nice one guys.
djnvs 7:22 AM - 4 September, 2007
uploading now....
Mr.Nice 7:28 AM - 4 September, 2007
sweet, send the link to Psyko Logical and myself.
djnvs 7:30 AM - 4 September, 2007
will do..
djnvs 8:09 AM - 4 September, 2007
ok.. sent to mr.nice and psyko
Psyko Logical 8:16 AM - 4 September, 2007
DLing
Mr.Nice 1:28 PM - 4 September, 2007
Ping!
Pong!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. djnvs - COMPLETE
13. Fishr Pryce - COMPLETE
14. Psyko Logical - ON DECK
nik39 1:43 PM - 4 September, 2007
Weeeerd.
MusicMeister 3:42 PM - 4 September, 2007
Sheesh... I just need to know who to send it to... I've been done since the 31st...

Drop off the forum for a day or two and you're screwed.

But that's cool.... whatever...

When the tapes done I'll post what I did for comments...
nik39 7:39 PM - 4 September, 2007
What do you mean you dont know who to send it to?! You asked nik39 to listen to the mix and tell whether its okay or now. How can you *not* know who you have to send the mix to? Besides this... Mr.Nice has been coordinating this since day one.
Psyko Logical 10:20 PM - 4 September, 2007
uploading
Psyko Logical 10:57 PM - 4 September, 2007
Ball's in the air.
djnvs 10:58 PM - 4 September, 2007
OG Supernatural is next up
Psyko Logical 11:00 PM - 4 September, 2007
I sent it to him, and Nice.
nik39 11:00 PM - 4 September, 2007
yeahhhh... close to finish. Psyko, can you send the link to Mr. Nice and to me? Me or him will forward the link to OG.
Mr.Nice 11:17 PM - 4 September, 2007
Ping!

08. Dreamkast - COMPLETE
09. Deejay Z- COMPLETE
11. protec - COMPLETE
12. djnvs - COMPLETE
13. Fishr Pryce - COMPLETE
14. Psyko Logical - COMPLETE
15. OG Supernatural - closing ceremony - ON DECK.
Mr.Nice 11:17 PM - 4 September, 2007
I'm speechless as to how fast this just moved... Word up!
nik39 11:22 PM - 4 September, 2007
Yeaaaah :)
OG Supernatural 11:37 PM - 4 September, 2007
Got it!
djnvs 11:39 PM - 4 September, 2007
cant wait to get a hold of the finished product... even though i have heard most of it.. lol
Deejay Z 12:34 AM - 5 September, 2007
fuckin sick....cant wait!!
DJ C.A.P 12:34 AM - 5 September, 2007
I WANNA HEAR

been waiting for months
MusicMeister 3:27 AM - 5 September, 2007
Nik,

It appeared that I was just supposed to send it to the next person from the posts after yours.

Which I was prepared to do. But I'm ok with the way this all went down. It was apparent that some people didn't want me in this from the start so they get what they want....
matt212 3:38 AM - 5 September, 2007
YEA!!!! Spaghetti, spaghetti YEA!!!!

Almost done, Yea!!!!!
Mr.Nice 5:05 AM - 5 September, 2007
Finish her off OG!!
OG Supernatural 5:11 AM - 5 September, 2007
LOL... I'm gonna let her rest tonight so we can spend some quality time tomorrow. She's lookin good and say's she's game but that Psyko Logical pulled some new moves on her that she needs a minute to recover from. =P
djnvs 5:12 AM - 5 September, 2007
lol...
Psyko Logical 5:25 AM - 5 September, 2007
Ha Ha. I felt like there were some genres that still needed representation. Besides, the second to last track was produced right here in Cincinnati. Had to represent.
djnvs 5:26 AM - 5 September, 2007
damnit.. i gotta hear it...
Psyko Logical 5:28 AM - 5 September, 2007
So who's going to master this thing? It needs it. I'll do it if no one else wants to.
Also we need to straighten out the list, so we know exactly who dropped each track.
djnvs 5:29 AM - 5 September, 2007
if you wanna do it, go ahead...
OG Supernatural 5:32 AM - 5 September, 2007
Add to the list where everyone is from. I was thinking about dropping names and where you from if you guys want me to. Yeah, I got emcee skills with a little Eric Edwards vibe goin on. lol
Psyko Logical 5:32 AM - 5 September, 2007
I have a lot on my plate at the moment, so if anyone else could do it, please do. If not I'll take care of it when OG's done.
OG Supernatural 6:02 AM - 5 September, 2007
disregard the name drops thing, it would take up too much time on this short mix.
djnvs 6:03 AM - 5 September, 2007
yeah.. i think a playlist would do just fine
Mr.Nice 7:35 AM - 5 September, 2007
Once OG has turned this lady into a woman, and she comes out to greet us, we should all include our names, tracks, and countries. I like how this mixtape traveled around the world and back.

Show her true love OG...
J0be 8:43 AM - 5 September, 2007
Cant believe I didnt get involved! Wana hear it so bad!
Mr.Nice 9:07 AM - 5 September, 2007
Yeahh J0be, I was wondering why kept clear of it... You were born for this one :)
djnvs 9:09 AM - 5 September, 2007
BTW... here's the thread i started.. i posted a live mix on my podcast page... anyone care to listen and give feedback, go here..

scratchlive.net
djnvs 9:09 AM - 5 September, 2007
as psyko already knows.. any feedback is welcome...
nik39 9:22 AM - 5 September, 2007
Quote:
BTW... here's the thread i started.. i posted a live mix on my podcast page... anyone care to listen and give feedback, go here..

What does your thread and your podcast has to do with this ping pong thread here?
djnvs 9:24 AM - 5 September, 2007
lol.. other than the fact that i contributed nothing... just figured people might give a listen while they are waiting for the other mix to be finished
djnvs 9:24 AM - 5 September, 2007
wait... there should be a comma between contributed and nothing...
lumo 4:51 PM - 5 September, 2007
woop woop!
OG Supernatural 9:46 PM - 5 September, 2007
ok... workin on her now. Had to really set the mood and bust out the top shelf drink after her experience the ol Psyko Logical. She's warming up nice and I'll have her back on Greyhound in about an hour. lol
Thundercat 10:36 PM - 5 September, 2007
It's about time this thing pulls into station.
Psyko Logical 1:35 AM - 6 September, 2007
She'll never forget me though. Especially the next time she's in a dark alley.
OG Supernatural 1:49 AM - 6 September, 2007
lol...

BTW... It's done. I'm at work now and I brought my lappy with me so I can upload it. Psyko, you might be able to help patch it together (part of the song where you left off) since I'm at work now. Let me know and I'll send her back to you for some stiches. lol
Psyko Logical 1:51 AM - 6 September, 2007
Damn, and I just cleaned the cage. Send her my way.......
Mr.Nice 1:53 AM - 6 September, 2007
Jeez, you really are Psyko :)
OG Supernatural 3:16 AM - 6 September, 2007
She's on her way... I told her she needed to make one pit stop before going home but didn't have the heart to tell her she might get another cage session.
Psyko Logical 3:50 AM - 6 September, 2007
I'll get her cleaned up real nice like.
OG Supernatural 7:20 AM - 6 September, 2007
OK... I confess, I got her to take all her clothes off and she is a work of art! A few bruses from a few of youz that pumped her hard at 125+ but she took it like a champ! lol

Dope shit guys!! Wish I had more time to spend on it as I had a some cool ideas I wanted to work out; however I know everyone wants it done so now it is. What are the chances I found a hip hop song that says "ping pong". Ha!
Mr.Nice 8:02 AM - 6 September, 2007
OG, if you need a few more days to turn this lady into a princess, be my guest!

Let us know when your fully finished.

So how are we gonna introduce her into the world? I think she might need a thread of her own...
OG Supernatural 8:11 AM - 6 September, 2007
Hmmm.... Psyko Logical has my ending. I'll see if my other idea pans out tomorrow. If not, let's go with what we have. Stand by...
nik39 8:41 AM - 6 September, 2007
hurrrrrry up!

Me soooooo hoooooooooorrrrngry.
djnvs 8:54 AM - 6 September, 2007
Ayo!!!......
Mr.Nice 9:19 AM - 6 September, 2007
Lol!

Ok, how about this for presentation...

Everybody PM me the country your from and your tracklist.

OG/Psyko, send me the finished link.

I'll start a nice fresh, finshed thread with a clean tracklist.

Aye?
J0be 9:21 AM - 6 September, 2007
"Ayo!!

I'm veeeery arroused..."

Name the film?
nik39 9:23 AM - 6 September, 2007
Uh... tracklist.. thats 2 month ago... How would I know what I played back then?
djnvs 9:28 AM - 6 September, 2007
Lol...
Mr.Nice 11:14 AM - 6 September, 2007
Hope ya didn't move countries as well..
OG Supernatural 12:14 AM - 7 September, 2007
All good Mista Nice... I'll shoot it to you when I get to the grind.

Went over my time but I had to "take her out nice".
lumo 12:16 AM - 7 September, 2007
awesome nearly done! so colse now!
Psyko Logical 3:47 AM - 7 September, 2007
I'll have it done and in your box tomorrow Mr Nice. Thanks for the happy ending OG.
Mr.Nice 3:53 AM - 7 September, 2007
Cool, OG, I'm sure she's in love!

Can everybody please PM me your track list and country.

I'd hate to present this fine lady half naked...
nik39 3:58 AM - 7 September, 2007
I cant remember my tracks. I must have to listen to the mix again! But I aint got nooo link.
Mr.Nice 4:50 AM - 7 September, 2007
Check your PM Nik.
OG Supernatural 5:20 AM - 7 September, 2007
Quote:
I'll have it done and in your box tomorrow Mr Nice. Thanks for the happy ending OG.

Hold up on that one homey... Check your PM
Psyko Logical 7:34 AM - 7 September, 2007
Quote:
Mr.Nice 10:47 AM - 7 September, 2007
We've waited this long... we can all wait another day or two while our princess get's dressed up!

In the meantime, keep on sedning me your tracklists...

BTW, did anybody grab her name?
DJ Cykophuk 1:01 PM - 7 September, 2007
...b1tch?
J0be 1:03 PM - 7 September, 2007
Miss Ping Pong

She's Chinese.

;)
DJ Cykophuk 1:18 PM - 7 September, 2007
phukbunny
nik39 3:45 PM - 7 September, 2007
So...uhm what happened? I know I posted the link as an uncompressed wav file? Who passed this as a mp3?
Mr.Nice 3:47 PM - 7 September, 2007
Quote:
Miss Ping Pong

She's Chinese.

;)

Lol! I like
DJ Cykophuk 3:52 PM - 7 September, 2007
Quote:
So...uhm what happened? I know I posted the link as an uncompressed wav file? Who passed this as a mp3?

I did .wav as well.
djnvs 4:31 PM - 7 September, 2007
i got it as an mp3
MusicMeister 7:49 PM - 7 September, 2007
Quote:

Nik, when it hit me it was mp3.... and the volume was down. So it happened between position 6 and 11.
nik39 9:35 PM - 7 September, 2007
Great. :-(
matt212 9:38 PM - 7 September, 2007
This mix has more suspense than the release of 50 and Kanye.
Psyko Logical 12:42 AM - 8 September, 2007
She's chillin in Mr. Nice's inbox right now.
All done.
Mr.Nice 1:50 AM - 8 September, 2007
It got too be big for sendspace around spot 9 and moved to mp3. I don't think it is that noticable...

Still waiting to dress her up nicly...

CAN THE FOLLOWING PLEASE SEND ME YOUR TRACKLIST (and country):
----------------------------------------------------
01. sweetL
02. rabblerouser
03. Gor
04. DJ Cykophuk
05. Dj Snaptec
06. protec
-----------------------------------------------------
Don't worry, I won't hold off the much longer before uploading... but it will be nice to have a complete playlist! (haven't listend to the finshed peaice myself yet)
Psyko Logical 1:53 AM - 8 September, 2007
No need to ReUpload is there?
OG Supernatural 5:18 PM - 8 September, 2007
Quote:
This mix has more suspense than the release of 50 and Kanye.

lol... Mr. Nice is getting some cuddle time before she goes public.
Mr.Nice 3:31 AM - 9 September, 2007
Lol!

Ok enugh cuddles... I'll expose her half naked.
Mr.Nice 2:15 PM - 9 September, 2007
She's here!

Still missing some tracks from the play list, but I found her a nice dress for her opening night...

Enjoy, and thanks a million for playing!

Miss Ping Pong! (She's Chinese)
www.scratchlive.net
nik39 2:33 PM - 9 September, 2007
(no logout) ;)
J0be 2:40 PM - 9 September, 2007
lol classic
DJ Cykophuk 12:56 PM - 10 September, 2007
Quote:
It got too be big for sendspace around spot 9 and moved to mp3. I don't think it is that noticable...

Still waiting to dress her up nicly...

CAN THE FOLLOWING PLEASE SEND ME YOUR TRACKLIST (and country):

I sent it after your first request via PM. Will send again.
Mr.Nice 11:21 PM - 10 September, 2007
sorry Cykophuk, my bad.