DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

****CRANE BLOOD BATH BATTLE****

DJBIGWIZ 12:35 AM - 17 February, 2011
***CRANE STAND BLOOD BATH BATTLE***

Ok, It's OFFICIAL… Playtime is over!
Take the kid gloves off and pull out the Steel!
(the Wheels Of Steel that is)

It's BATTLE time.
Warriors….. come out to plaaaaAaaaaay.

Open to anyone, anywhere!
Crane will ship the prizes to you.

Rules:
3 Rounds

Round 1 Preliminaries - 4 min video (1 entry per person)

***Deadline for submissions is March 10th 2011****

Do your thing!
then we narrow it down based on how many entries we have.

Round 2 Semi Finals - 4 min video (1 entry per person)
Deadline TBA

Do what you want to do… this is your chance to target and get at who you think are the top contenders…. you've seen a bit of what they can do in the 1st round so you know what you gotta come with.
OR… don't even worry about the rest and do you. Raise the bar so they have to gun for you.

then we pick the top 2

Round 3 Finals - 3 rounds / up to 3 mins each round. If you can do your thing in less time then that's on you but you have up to 3 mins for each of the FINAL 3 rounds to destroy upper competition.
Deadline TBA

This is it! Skill and strategy. Don't pull any punches… this is a BATTLE!
It aint personal, it's just business.
Knock 'em out!

JUDGING will be based on all around performance.
i.e. Technique, Style, Selection, Scratching, Mixing, Beat Juggling, Disses, Word Play, use of Equipment (software, hardware, midi controllers etc…)

If all you do is mix for 4 mins but you pull it off better than someone who scratches and juggles for 4 mins, you will beat them…. this battle is about how well you do what you do… all styles are encouraged and welcome BUT…. you must use Scratch Live. (you can also use "regular" records but you have to use SSL as well)
And remember…. it's a battle! We want to see people going at it! Being too nice may not get you too far.

Judges will be:

*DJ BIG WIZ
*Rob (Crane)
*The Scratch Live community will also judge the First (Preliminary) round
and the "People's Choice" winner will move on to the Semi-Finals automatically.

*Special Guest Judges will be added for the Semi Finals and Finals

All decisions by judges are final.

Their will be no favoritism! This is a battle… if you fall, you fall. Everybody has an off day. If you are friends with any of the judges, don't even think you're gonna get friend points. It aint gonna happen. We are not holding any hands. Friends and foes will be judged on performance… not weather we like you as a person or not.

everyone can vote for their favorite and the "People's Choice" winner will move on to the Semi-Finals automatically.

****PRIZES****
Special Crane Signature Series GOLD EDITION Crane Stand!
(with Gold knobs & levers)

Gold Subtray for Crane Stand.

Wirekeep led's for Crane Stand.

Centerstage base for Crane Stand.

AND……….
A set of Novation Dicers!

www.cranelaptopstand.com

*All prizes courtesy of The Crane Stand Crew!
*Shipping of prizes to winner by Crane
*Crane and BIG VIDZ (www.youtube.com)will reserve the right
to use any submission along with winners name and likeness for promotional purposes.
theCraneStand 12:36 AM - 17 February, 2011
This is official! It's about to go off!

Pics of prizes coming soon.
BERTO 12:41 AM - 17 February, 2011
Tracked for awesomeness!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 12:41 AM - 17 February, 2011
I'd enter and win and smash foo's and make ya'll cry due to my superior skills. But sadly no, I'm not allowed to enter. be very thankful ya'll ;)
DJBIGWIZ 12:43 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
I'd enter and win and smash foo's and make ya'll cry due to my superior skills. But sadly no, I'm not allowed to enter. be very thankful ya'll ;)

indeed!
BERTO 12:43 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Ur allowed to enter....
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:43 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Ok cool, we have the blessing of the Chicke... -er Chad so this one is a go!

Tracking...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:54 AM - 17 February, 2011
This is some BOOOLLL SHEIT...--- >[QUOTE]"BUT…. you must use Scratch Live. (you can also use "regular" records but you have to use SSL as well)".[/QUOTE]

Let them do what they do.
DJBIGWIZ 1:07 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
This is some BOOOLLL SHEIT...--- >[QUOTE]"BUT…. you must use Scratch Live. (you can also use "regular" records but you have to use SSL as well)".[/QUOTE]

thems tha rules.

this started and is taking place on the SSL forum so that's what it is... you have the option to ALSO use regular vinyl

Every competition has rules. That's part of this one.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:10 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

thems tha rules.

this started and is taking place on the SSL forum so that's what it is... you have the option to ALSO use regular vinyl

Who put YOU in charge of the rules?

I'm sayin, SOMEBODY on here might have, dare I say, TRAKTOR?

And may kill it?

Dude, let them BREATHE....
theCraneStand 1:17 AM - 17 February, 2011
Wiz is in charge because he will be the most fair and impartial organizer and judge.

As far as using SSL, well, these are the breaks.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
And also they have until 3/10/2011 for the PRELIMINARIES?

Dude, this thread will be dead and gone by then...

I say, make the 1st Date 3/1/2011.

The next one a week from then, and then the final 1 week from then.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:19 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Wiz is in charge because he will be the most fair and impartial organizer and judge.

As far as using SSL, well, these are the breaks.

Don't get me wrong, Wiz is ma dude, but there are already too many rules here to be broken.

Keep it simple.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:20 AM - 17 February, 2011
A week between heats gives everyone time to catch what's good with the thread...
DJ metaphor 1:21 AM - 17 February, 2011
thats it. screw turntablism! im gonna come up with a crazie ass mix and beat all yalll
DJ SPAIR 1:27 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

thems tha rules.

And may kill it?

Dude it's a Serato SCRATCH LIVE FORUM not TRAKTOR Big WIZ has been down with RANE family for over 10 years,back before SERATO or Final Scratch existed and I think it's dope that he's actually raising the stakes and making these forum battles legitimate.

IMHO Video battles are not the real deal. In this I guess its cool because there are a bunch egos on this forum ,but I hold a higher respect the cats that go on stage in front of 300 or more people and represent Let's face it, you can do your routine over and over in your bedroom and get it right ,but once you hit that stage you got one chance to prove yourself. Fuck up and it's lights out.

Take a breather holmes.
RogerRabbit 1:31 AM - 17 February, 2011
So if you don't post a shot of your screen in the battle your eliminated?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:33 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Dude it's a Serato SCRATCH LIVE FORUM not TRAKTOR Big WIZ has been down with RANE family for over 10 years,back before SERATO or Final Scratch existed and I think it's dope that he's actually raising the stakes and making these forum battles legitimate.

IMHO Video battles are not the real deal. In this I guess its cool because there are a bunch egos on this forum ,but I hold a higher respect the cats that go on stage in front of 300 or more people and represent Let's face it, you can do your routine over and over in your bedroom and get it right ,but once you hit that stage you got one chance to prove yourself. Fuck up and it's lights out.

Take a breather holmes.

But what you're doing is saying "OK, IF YOU WANT TO BATTLE, DO IT ON MY TERMS".

That's stifling innovation.

I'd be MUCH MORE impressed at seeing a n00b pull out some CLASSIC BREAKS and give your local Digital DJ using loops, efx, and cuepoints a good old fashioned beatdown.

Cats used to get on me about me not using ScratchLive but being on the forum, and look, I'm the most famous one on here....

You already know cats are SCARY ANYWAYS, so why reduce who may be thinking about submitting a vid?

Let dudes breathe, you never know what may happen.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:33 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
So if you don't post a shot of your screen in the battle your eliminated?

Exactly.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:36 AM - 17 February, 2011
Or are you scared that SOMEONE may have some skills up their TRAKTOR sleeves?

The TRUTH is that what you're suggesting is AZZ-BACKWARDS...

BATTLING CAME FROM using 2 pieces of vinyl and a mixer, not skippless records, cue points, loops, and whatnot...

SMH...
damehype 1:58 AM - 17 February, 2011
Anyone seen Mastermind?
RyanP 1:59 AM - 17 February, 2011
lol
DJBIGWIZ 2:00 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Crane did... the ones sponsoring the battle and giving away ALL the prizes.... it is THEIR battle and they can hold it however they want.... how crazy would it be for someone else to try and dictate what YOU should do if YOU decided to hold a battle and give away hundreds of dollars worth of gear and tried to tell YOU that YOU could not run YOUR battle the way YOU wanted to run it?

Quote:

And may kill it?

then Tractor needs to hold their own battle.... aint nobody stoppin them.

Why doesn't KFC sell fish? What if KFC is the only joint near me and I want fish... is it not fair of them to run their business how they see fit?

Crane is paying the bills on this so they can call the shots.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, Wiz is ma dude, but there are already too many rules here to be broken.

For sure... Johnny and I aint got no problem.
He just wants a different battle outline and it's not what this is.
You can want DMC to be a 15 min battle all you want but they have their own thing and call their shots just like Crane is calling this one.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:01 AM - 17 February, 2011
Post that again, so I can read it...
DJBIGWIZ 2:02 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

I'd be MUCH MORE impressed at seeing a n00b pull out some CLASSIC BREAKS and give your local Digital DJ using loops, efx, and cuepoints a good old fashioned beatdown.

so would I.... put those classic breaks in Scratch Live, switch to Absolute mode and get busy without any cue points, loops, samples etc... I'd love to see that
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:03 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Anyone seen Mastermind?

I dunno man, I'm hearing some sketchy stuff, cats lyin' on their "Johnson" and whatnot...

Say it ain't so Mastermind...

www.serato.com

That thread is about to take a HARD LEFT....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:03 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

so would I.... put those classic breaks in Scratch Live, switch to Absolute mode and get busy without any cue points, loops, samples etc... I'd love to see that

That's defeating the purpose...

Oh, so now they won't skip, one less thing you have to worry about, and, OH, no needle drop...

Boring.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:04 AM - 17 February, 2011
My bad, you said Absolute, mode, so we'll need a separate camera to verify that...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:04 AM - 17 February, 2011
So just because someone is giving away a Crane stand, makes this a CRANE Battle?
DJBIGWIZ 2:05 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Post that again, so I can read it...

hahaha fail

ok... once again... just for you

Quote:

Crane did... the ones sponsoring the battle and giving away ALL the prizes.... it is THEIR battle and they can hold it however they want.... how crazy would it be for someone else to try and dictate what YOU should do if YOU decided to hold a battle and give away hundreds of dollars worth of gear and tried to tell YOU that YOU could not run YOUR battle the way YOU wanted to run it?

Quote:

And may kill it?

then Tractor needs to hold their own battle.... aint nobody stoppin them.

Why doesn't KFC sell fish? What if KFC is the only joint near me and I want fish... is it not fair of them to run their business how they see fit?

Quote:

For sure... Johnny and I aint got no problem.
He just wants a different battle outline and it's not what this is.
You can want DMC to be a 15 min battle all you want but they have their own thing and call their shots just like Crane is calling this one.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:05 AM - 17 February, 2011
Hey, I'll fall back...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:06 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Hmmm... a CRANE battle on a Serato board...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:06 AM - 17 February, 2011
You SURE you wanna put it out there like that?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:08 AM - 17 February, 2011
Because it WAS named the "DJ Mastermind VS. DJ Construc *** OFFICIAL BATTLE ***", but now it's the "CRANE" bloodbath...

Hmmm....
DJBIGWIZ 2:10 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

it all started here on the SSL forums but the battle is Cranes idea... they offered a stand to the battle that didn't happen and decided they wanted to see a battle and upped the stakes and started their OWN battle.
Logisticalstyles 2:12 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Every battle I've been in has been that way. You couldn't go to a DMC battle and be like "nah I wanna use my Gemini mixer because that's when I'm most creative" or be like "Well, I need 10 minutes to be truly creative instead of 6 minutes."
RogerRabbit 2:12 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

it all started here on the SSL forums but the battle is Cranes idea... they offered a stand to the battle that didn't happen and decided they wanted to see a battle and upped the stakes and started their OWN battle.

Good advertisiement for them..
DJBIGWIZ 2:13 AM - 17 February, 2011
going back and forth about the rules is pointless.
Bottom line... the rules are laid out and are what they are.
It's not gonna change. Cats can love it or hate it.
Enter for a chance to win some cool free stuff or not.

If someone else on here wants to do all the work to organize this, foot the bill for the prizes and for shipping anywhere in the world, then you can take over and do what ever you want... but then again... you might as well hold your own battle if that's the case
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:14 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It started between 2 DJ's talking JUNK. It just HAPPENED to be on this Serato board...

Dude offered a stand as a prize.

Why commercialize everything?

This is a PERFECT example of how competitions get tilted...

Let whoever rock whatever they want...

The CREAM will rise to the top, anybody bringing any foolishness would be laughed at.

Let nature take it's course.
Logisticalstyles 2:14 AM - 17 February, 2011
How many times can someone submit a video for the preliminary rounds. I think it should be just once.
Logisticalstyles 2:14 AM - 17 February, 2011
Nevermind I just re-read the rules :-)
DJBIGWIZ 2:15 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

If someone else on here wants to do all the work to organize this, foot the bill for the prizes and for shipping anywhere in the world, then you can take over and do what ever you want... but then again... you might as well hold your own battle if that's the case
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:16 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Every battle I've been in has been that way. You couldn't go to a DMC battle and be like "nah I wanna use my Gemini mixer because that's when I'm most creative" or be like "Well, I need 10 minutes to be truly creative instead of 6 minutes."

But this is DIFFERENT, each DJ has the ability to BRING IT, NO HOLDS BARRED, why stifle it?

If you went to a BATTLE and had the OPTION of using EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED, wouldn't you?

Here, they can have that option to bring their VERY BEST, under their OWN ROOF, so there won't be any excuses.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:16 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You need to re-quote that, so I can read it properly.
RogerRabbit 2:17 AM - 17 February, 2011
Oh wait - I just realized, according to the rules posted, after the first round, forum users can't judge the vids - *ONLY* bigwiz and friends...
Hmmm no good!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:17 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Good advertisiement for them..

Yep, but wait, I thought this was about 2 dudes battlin?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Oh wait - I just realized, according to the rules posted, after the first round, forum users can't judge the vids - *ONLY* bigwiz and friends...
Hmmm no good!

:-)

Seems to me, that the people who make the rules, should be separate from the people who judge, should be separate from the people who provide the prizes.
DJBIGWIZ 2:20 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

THIS is a different thing that Crane decided to do. The idea of holding a battle was sparked from that but this is it's own thing.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:21 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

THIS is a different thing that Crane decided to do. The idea of holding a battle was sparked from that but this is it's own thing.

So this is separate from Mastermind and Con-struc?
DJBIGWIZ 2:21 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

If you went to a BATTLE and had the OPTION of using EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED, wouldn't you?

Every battle I've been in or been to had RULES
DJBIGWIZ 2:21 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes sir
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:22 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes sir

So.....

why didn't Crane do this on their OWN BOARD? :(-)
BERTO 2:23 AM - 17 February, 2011
What board? Just post a vid if its sick you can win...pretty straight forward, why do ppl complicate shit, you want the prize post a video ....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:24 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
What board? Just post a vid if its sick you can win...pretty straight forward, why do ppl complicate shit, you want the prize post a video ....

You missed the point, BIGWIZ knows what I mean... :)
DJBIGWIZ 2:25 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes sir

So.....

Because.....

YOU are on THIS board and you KNOW how much we love hearing YOUR thoughts.
PLUS..... if it were on their board.... who would supply all the gifs?
C'MON MAN!
RogerRabbit 2:28 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

*Sining melody* - Hustle hustle - hustle hard...
theCraneStand 2:30 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Because it WAS named the "DJ Mastermind VS. DJ Construc *** OFFICIAL BATTLE ***", but now it's the "CRANE" bloodbath...

Hmmm....

C'mon. Here we go again. If you don't like it, don't put up a video and don't win. This is a seriously nice price package and all started because of beef. Well, one of the two didn't show up. So, we wanted to make good on our promise to give up some gear.

With this one, we went bigger. The brand new special editions are sick. We are throwing in the Dicers as a bonus. We are not selling anything here and we are giving you guys a chance to flex up and throw down.

Honestly, I really just want to see a good fight about DJ SKILLZ. Not about what should be posted and how it should be posted.

I really just want you guys to have fun. Can we please not gripe and complain about the nic-nac stuff and focus on the Battle? Please?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:30 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes sir

So.....

Because.....

YOU are on THIS board and you KNOW how much we love hearing YOUR thoughts.
PLUS..... if it were on their board.... who would be there in the 1st place?

C'MON MAN!

Fixed :-D

Ok, commercialize it all you want....

I'm a fighter for the TRUE SKOOL DJ...

but if you send me one of those Crane thingys, I can flip the argument in your favor....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:31 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Honestly, I really just want to see a good fight about DJ SKILLZ. Not about what should be posted and how it should be posted.

Ok, then we agree....

Let them bring the HEAT, whatever way they want...
DJBIGWIZ 2:31 AM - 17 February, 2011
hahahaha
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:34 AM - 17 February, 2011
Plus I SHOULD BE A JUDGE....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:35 AM - 17 February, 2011
Or better yet, Me, Sixxx, and one more totally unbiased person.....
BERTO 2:35 AM - 17 February, 2011
Djjohnnym = new mastermind
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:36 AM - 17 February, 2011
I've always been a Mastermind....but I don't post no fake pics of my chicks....
DJBIGWIZ 2:36 AM - 17 February, 2011
Just so everyone is clear here... there IS no argument going on.

Unless one of you wants to match Crane dollar for dollar on the prizes and such, there is no argument... just the rules and a battle and prizes to be won. If it goes well.... who knows. Maybe it will turn into something bigger so others will have a chance to wim more in the future but for NOW... we gotta get this one crackin'!
BERTO 2:36 AM - 17 February, 2011
So nobody wants a crane? Weird.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:37 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Unless one of you wants to match Crane dollar for dollar on the prizes and such, there is no argument... just the rules and a battle and prizes to be won. If it goes well.... who knows. Maybe it will turn into something bigger so others will have a chance to wim more in the future but for NOW... we gotta get this one crackin'!

Hmmm...you soundin' mighty cocky there buddy....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:38 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

I dunno, sounds like one of those battles where you win a "Recording Contract" with that label....for 10 years....
DJBIGWIZ 2:38 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

if nobody wants it.... more money in Cranes pocket.

I'm sure ConStruct is gonna step up
DJBIGWIZ 2:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I dunno, sounds like one of those battles where you win a "Recording Contract" with that label....for 10 years....

you just dating yourself now
:)
mic 2:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
IBTL
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

if nobody wants it.... more money in Cranes pocket.

I'm sure ConStruct is gonna step up

So he wins by default if nobody posts by Dec 23, or whatever that far away date is...
DJBIGWIZ 2:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha... no more than usual
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:40 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I stand corrected...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:44 AM - 17 February, 2011
But let's keep it funky...

If you're a REAL DJ, and are about Hiphop and all that makes a genuine battle, then the ***prize*** is moreso the bragging rights...the stand is just added cheese.

If you're someone who just wants a Crane stand (and again, I don't know the 1st thing about them, hence the off da cuff remarks), then this battle is tailor made for you.

Good Luck to all the contestants!

Oh, and I WOULD just submit a vid and TAKE that Crane thingy, but I've got contractors in my house and no DJ/Mancave yet...
DJBIGWIZ 2:44 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I stand corrected...

hahaha
BERTO 2:44 AM - 17 February, 2011
Is construc's video from other thread count ?
theCraneStand 2:48 AM - 17 February, 2011
I think that since this all cam out of Con-Stuc's video in the first place, we should let him in. Even though his video is a little longer. Is that ok with you Johnny? lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:49 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
I think that since this all cam out of Con-Stuc's video in the first place, we should let him in. Even though his video is a little longer. Is that ok with you Johnny? lol

Yes, I approve.

That vid is the truth.
DJBIGWIZ 2:51 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

(even though his vid was over 4 mins) We will let his vid count since it was through him that this whole thing came about but he made that vid for a specific reason and I would strongly encourage him to take the time to make a new one for THIS battle.

And before anyone starts to complain about that.... remember... if he goes wit THAT for his entry, you already know what you have to beat so that's not so fair to him so get over it. It all evens out.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:51 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Or better yet, Me, Sixxx, and one more totally unbiased person.....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:52 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

(even though his vid was over 4 mins) We will let his vid count since it was through him that this whole thing came about but he made that vid for a specific reason and I would strongly encourage him to take the time to make a new one for THIS battle.

And before anyone starts to complain about that.... remember... if he goes wit THAT for his entry, you already know what you have to beat so that's not so fair to him so get over it. It all evens out.

I already approved his vid...

You can fall back now, we got this...
SELECT 2:53 AM - 17 February, 2011
This is pretty exciting man. This is where the battles are going. Excellent prize, please add second and third place if you can. I think more people would jump in. Ive seen some of the the illest DJs on this site. I can only hope they all jump in.

Yea construcs vid should be allowed fo sure.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:55 AM - 17 February, 2011
Actually Con-Strucs vid sets the bar.
theCraneStand 2:55 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
This is pretty exciting man. This is where the battles are going. Excellent prize, please add second and third place if you can. I think more people would jump in. Ive seen some of the the illest DJs on this site. I can only hope they all jump in.

Yea construcs vid should be allowed fo sure.

Yeah! Good idea!

2nd prize = colored knob and lever set

3rd prize = T-Shirt
DJBIGWIZ 2:56 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Actually Con-Strucs vid sets the bar.

yup
BERTO 2:56 AM - 17 February, 2011
Very cool of Crane to do this, and the videos to come will be sick im sure!
DJBIGWIZ 2:59 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Very cool of Crane to do this, and the videos to come will be sick im sure!

they better be or we're changing the rules.... winner gets a free years subscription to Johnnys gif collection
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:59 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

What is that?
theCraneStand 3:01 AM - 17 February, 2011
2nd prize may not work if people don't have a stand. Lemme think on 2nd place prize for a minute. You guys have any good ideas?
DJBIGWIZ 3:01 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
You guys have any good ideas?

oh boy, here we go

haha
DJBIGWIZ 3:02 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

What is that?

goes with Crane stand
SELECT 3:16 AM - 17 February, 2011
2nd or 3rd place Id be very happy with any of these combined or seperate- Serato Needles, Serato limited edition CV, Dicers, Regular Crane Stand & Video SL.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:21 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

What is that?

goes with Crane stand

Oh, lol.
DJ Remy USA 3:22 AM - 17 February, 2011
wow I wish I had my skillz up I only been at this for 3 years seriously. Ima still post a video for the hell of it
DJBIGWIZ 3:25 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Hmmm no good!

Why not? You don't think I know what I'm doing?
I guess you think a popularity contest is good.... so a whack DJ with a lot of friends can beat a dope DJ with out the added support?

We are giving the forum an initial vote and I think it's very fair... if someone the forum feels should advance and the judges don't feel the same way... they still get another shot. That;'s more fair than any battle I've ever been in or to.

TRUST ME... the judging will be fair and based on the videos and who we feel did the best job as a Dee Jay.... not who we like or dislike on a personal level.

I've actually voted for people I personally can't stand over close friends in battles before.

I have NEVER compromised my integrity so you can ease back with whatever nonsense you're tryin to insinuate.

We're good so do your thing and good luck to everybody.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:29 AM - 17 February, 2011
Ummm BIGWIZ, why don't you let me (East Coast), Sixxx (West Coast) and say, somebody from the Mid state or South or sumphin be the judges?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:33 AM - 17 February, 2011
Or like a middle man, say Konix?
DJBIGWIZ 3:33 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Ummm BIGWIZ, why don't you let me (East Coast), Sixxx (West Coast) and say, somebody from the Mid state or South or sumphin be the judges?

1. it's not ALL on me... I'm just helping Crane out.
2. we have judges lined up that will be announced at a later date.
Plus... who's to say Sixxx doesn't want to get in the battle.
and if you get your Man cave up in time who knows.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you could be bought off as a judge.
;)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:37 AM - 17 February, 2011
Damn right I could be bought off as a Judge...

But I'd just tell on myself..

Hell, I wouldn't even mind NIK bein a judge...

But you lookin' kinda suspect with the judging thing....

Just sayin...

Better yet, let the BOARD vote on who should be judges...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:38 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Plus... who's to say Sixxx doesn't want to get in the battle.;)

He don't wanna go thru that again...
DJBIGWIZ 3:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
If someone falls through because of whatever... it's possible we could consider some forum regulars who know their sh*t and can be impartial. I think Konix would make a good judge unless of course he wants to get in the battle.

And like I said... if this goes well, who knows... Crane may decide they want to do it again or a different battle of maybe it will inspire someone else to organize something.
We can always learn from what we do this time and make it better next time but we gotta start somewhere. Props to Crane for even doing this!
theCraneStand 3:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Wiz and I had a conversation about just this. Wiz will not compromise his integrity. Dude has a lot of that. Do not worry about being fair and reasonable. Also, do not worry about his knowledge. There is a reason that Rane tours him around the world for demos. There is a reason that Aesop Rock Trusts him as his only DJ and Produces tracks with him. Anybody else that doesn't know, ask somebody that does :)

Also, if the board judges, it may be popularity. Not the case with Wiz and the other judges.

Please guys, no more talking about rules, judges, whatever. Please.

Lets focus on the Prize! Let's talk ish about DJ Skillz! That is what this is about.
DJBIGWIZ 3:42 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Plus... who's to say Sixxx doesn't want to get in the battle.;)

He don't wanna go thru that again...

hahaha
Quote:

But you lookin' kinda suspect with the judging thing....

Just sayin...

I didn't make myself judge... I just stepped up when asked. I already know I'm gonna get hated on. Anybody judging is gonna get hate.
But if cats wanna hate me for being honest then it's all good.

I'd rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I'm not.

Good or bad, I'm gonna keep it real wit cha and call it how I see it.
DJ CON-STRUC 3:43 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Wow, this is really cool! I never thought that all this would come out some dude saying that I have "no talent"

Thanks for letting me keep my video for the first round guys!!
I'm gonna post the link here (Watchwww.youtube.com)
so that people who want to enter can see it if they have not in the other threads. I am putting together more routines for future videos that I will post whether I make it to the next rounds or not.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:43 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Wiz and I had a conversation about just this. Wiz will not compromise his integrity. Dude has a lot of that. Do not worry about being fair and reasonable. Also, do not worry about his knowledge. There is a reason that Rane tours him around the world for demos. There is a reason that Aesop Rock Trusts him as his only DJ and Produces tracks with him. Anybody else that doesn't know, ask somebody that does :)

Also, if the board judges, it may be popularity. Not the case with Wiz and the other judges.

Lets focus on the Prize! Let's talk ish about DJ Skillz! That is what this is about.

Dude, no offense, but you soundin' really shady rite now...

I didn't say let the board JUDGE, I said let the board decide WHO JUDGES...

You and Wiz got the prizes and "Rules", let the rest of the board pick out the JUDGES.

Quote:

You can't be serious...
theCraneStand 3:44 AM - 17 February, 2011
Valid Entry #1 Watchwww.youtube.com
theCraneStand 3:45 AM - 17 February, 2011
Btw, you guys want Wiz as a Judge, he already has a Crane. HAHA
theCraneStand 3:46 AM - 17 February, 2011
If he entered..... hooowee
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:46 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Btw, you guys want Wiz as a Judge, he already has a Crane. HAHA

Bragging rights are more imporant than a Crane.
DJ CON-STRUC 3:50 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Yeah, fuck that! I would not wanna go against wiz!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:50 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, fuck that! I would not wanna go against wiz!!

WHAT?

You already WAXXED WIZ!

Man listen...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:55 AM - 17 February, 2011
Plus BIGWIZ already is pitted against Mastermind, as he had some of the FUNNIEST LINES against him when he didn't show back up...

So, as a Judge, you're ALREADY tainted...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:59 AM - 17 February, 2011
*****crickets**** ***crickets**** ***crickets*****
DJ Remy USA 4:01 AM - 17 February, 2011
aiight here is another video. This should get the Vets confortable to come compete. Im not that good here goes nothing.

Watchwww.vimeo.com
theCraneStand 4:01 AM - 17 February, 2011
Johnny, put you money where your mouth is. Stop with all the BS and submit a video. Otherwise, I see only hateration. That is far worse than being a bad DJ. Yup, the drama ferry will visit me tonight I guess and that ferry is, well..... HEEERRREEE's JONNY
theCraneStand 4:02 AM - 17 February, 2011
theCraneStand 4:04 AM - 17 February, 2011
Oh snap! My Bad! This is a little long homie. Can you Please shorten this up? Check the rules at the top.

Entry #2 still open.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:07 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Johnny, put you money where your mouth is. Stop with all the BS and submit a video. Otherwise, I see only hateration. That is far worse than being a bad DJ. Yup, the drama ferry will visit me tonight I guess and that ferry is, well..... HEEERRREEE's JONNY

There ain't no BS.

Here's DJBIGWIZ commenting on Mastermind...

Quote:
Con-Struc... I think you are going to really like the Crane stand!

Quote:
and just like that............he was gone

Quote:
*cricket* *cricket* *cricket*

So don't tell me about what I already know...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:08 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Johnny, put you money where your mouth is. Stop with all the BS and submit a video.

Oh, and you won't be using ME to promote your riggedy stand...

Make a legit contest, and the vets will co-sign...

This is some ol' BS.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:09 AM - 17 February, 2011
You don't even have SHEAK as a Judge...
DJ Remy USA 4:09 AM - 17 February, 2011
I jus make another one 2marrow I made this one before I even read the rules. Let this be just a ice breaker.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:10 AM - 17 February, 2011
How about we just ship the Crane to Con-Struc and call it a day?

Game over.
theCraneStand 4:12 AM - 17 February, 2011
We have been visited by the Drama Ferry. No everyone, it is not a wife's tale. They do exist. HEEERRREEE's Johnny! HAHA

Remy, I look forward to another submition :)
theCraneStand 4:13 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Game over.

Drama Ferry
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:14 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
We have been visited by the Drama Ferry.

Drama Ferry? Is that cool or sumphin?

You can't even rig a contest correctly.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:14 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
aiight here is another video. This should get the Vets confortable to come compete. Im not that good here goes nothing.

Watchwww.vimeo.com

Nice video man, I like the song selection. The way you cut up "hip hop horray" was really nice:)
DJ CON-STRUC 4:16 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
We have been visited by the Drama Ferry. No everyone, it is not a wife's tale. They do exist. HEEERRREEE's Johnny! HAHA

Remy, I look forward to another submition :)

Same here, I enjoyed the first video.
theCraneStand 4:17 AM - 17 February, 2011
Not to mention the Cypress Hill!

and what is up with that station? Your setup is SIICCKKK!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
The way you cut up "hip hop horray" was really nice:)

*****blank stare****
DJ CON-STRUC 4:22 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Game over.

HAHA, there are dudes that post in these forums that can easily put me to shame. Like DEEZ NOTES and Daddy Dog.
ninos 4:23 AM - 17 February, 2011
hey guys, here is my entry for the battle, i came up with this set with some of my favourite dj's/artists in mind!!! please let me know how i did as i am not a scratch dj!!!
-ninos!!!!

BTW, i hope i win :) :)

Watchwww.youtube.com

sorry, camera lens was dirrrrrty assss helllll, but here it goes!!!
theCraneStand 4:25 AM - 17 February, 2011
theCraneStand 4:25 AM - 17 February, 2011
Fist pump Ninos fist pump!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:29 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Game over.

HAHA, there are dudes that post in these forums that can easily put me to shame. Like DEEZ NOTES and Daddy Dog.

I don't know Daddy Dog, however, Deez is smooth, but you are ill.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:35 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Game over.

I don't know Daddy Dog, however, Deez is smooth, but you are ill.

Thanks, I do hope the Deez posts though.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:38 AM - 17 February, 2011
that**
ta2423 4:47 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
hey guys, here is my entry for the battle, i came up with this set with some of my favourite dj's/artists in mind!!! please let me know how i did as i am not a scratch dj!!!
-ninos!!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

LMFAO.... Props
Logisticalstyles 4:49 AM - 17 February, 2011
Since this dead line isn't for a couple of weeks can we please keep the week day BS to a minimum? A lot of us don't have time during the week to make a video and I'm sure there will be plenty of videos uploaded during the weekend. I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of smack talk to get to the actual entries. Besides, the way the thread is going it looks like it'll get locked before the deadline.

Can the Scratch Live forums actually have a real DJ battle for once?
ninos 4:51 AM - 17 February, 2011
sorry bro, just wanted yall to have a laugh.
Mike_P 4:53 AM - 17 February, 2011
lol ninos for president!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:56 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Yep, and this dude took you seriously....

SMH...

Pwned.
theCraneStand 5:04 AM - 17 February, 2011
Ninos and I go way back. I am not an idiot. All the same, an entry is an entry. I emailed Pauly D to ask him to put up. :)
RogerRabbit 5:06 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm no good!

Why not? You don't think I know what I'm doing?
I guess you think a popularity contest is good.... so a whack DJ with a lot of friends can beat a dope DJ with out the added support?

We are giving the forum an initial vote and I think it's very fair... if someone the forum feels should advance and the judges don't feel the same way... they still get another shot. That;'s more fair than any battle I've ever been in or to.

TRUST ME... the judging will be fair and based on the videos and who we feel did the best job as a Dee Jay.... not who we like or dislike on a personal level.

I've actually voted for people I personally can't stand over close friends in battles before.

I have NEVER compromised my integrity so you can ease back with whatever nonsense you're tryin to insinuate.

We're good so do your thing and good luck to everybody.

I was really talking about user participation... The competition is a good idea... But the rules were not well thought out..
I thought I would have been a better idea for everyone to able to vote - through the process than the yourself and the other person specified and the unknown friends you would add later.... but like you said every competition has its rules..

Plus you trying to explain your integrity to me and pointless - and you ALREADY FAILED - by my standards... By allowing construc's vid as an entry.. You're already breaking your own rules you posted... If you're comprising with that... who know's what other favors you will grant... Just saying...
Carry on...
jbnyc 5:07 AM - 17 February, 2011
wow, 30 minutes reading pure BS! at least ninos video made it worth lol nice video ninos!!
RogerRabbit 5:12 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

hey ninos if you were using the z8 to record... check to see if the macro function on the top of the camera was not enabled - that how it looks when the macro is enabled..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:14 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Johnny, put you money where your mouth is. Stop with all the BS and submit a video.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I couldn't resist...

Now, send me that riggidy stand...
RogerRabbit 5:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I couldn't resist...

Cheater - you don't have that setup anymore :)
theCraneStand 5:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
ninos 5:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hey ninos if you were using the z8 to record... check to see if the macro function on the top of the camera was not enabled - that how it looks when the macro is enabled..

boom, hell yea! thanks bro. perfect now,
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:22 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Entry #3 Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

OR IS IT?

No Serato...

Now what?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:22 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

I couldn't resist...

Cheater - you don't have that setup anymore :)

Yes, I do....
theCraneStand 5:24 AM - 17 February, 2011
oh jeez. You got me.

Great job. Entry #3 still open.
jbnyc 5:26 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I couldn't resist...

now that place is fucking scary!! lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:27 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
oh jeez. You got me.

Great job. Entry #3 still open.

Hmmm...

Yep, thought so...

Oh, wait...

Just using "Regular Vinyl" will get you disqualied...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:28 AM - 17 February, 2011
AZZ BACKWARDS.
ninos 6:10 AM - 17 February, 2011
Pricks. Stupid youtube muted the audio for copyright. Ill upload the video to vimeo tomorow.
DJBIGWIZ 6:13 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Wow, this is really cool! I never thought that all this would come out some dude saying that I have "no talent"

This came from you stepping up showing and proving.... nothing more than you doing your thing not about some cat talking trash.
DJBIGWIZ 6:15 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Plus BIGWIZ already is pitted against Mastermind, as he had some of the FUNNIEST LINES against him when he didn't show back up...

na... that don't count. I wasn't a judge for that... just another cat that wanted to see a battle.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:32 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

na... that don't count. I wasn't a judge for that... just another cat that wanted to see a battle.

But you see what I'm sayin...

Let the BOARD decide who the judges are..

That's all I'm sayin...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:33 AM - 17 February, 2011
Besides, I MIGHT enter....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:35 AM - 17 February, 2011
Cuz right now, this looks like a big SMIRNOFF CRANE Infomercial...
dj_KaSE 6:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Damn, all this fuss over a battle with a Crane stand as a prize. Just make your own battle already if you don't like the rules, man.
DJBIGWIZ 6:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

Plus BIGWIZ already had some of the FUNNIEST LINES against him when he didn't show back up...

But you see what I'm sayin...

That's all I'm sayin...

Right... I see what you're sayin.
=)
dj_KaSE 6:40 AM - 17 February, 2011
Good luck to the contestants.
DJBIGWIZ 6:42 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Damn, all this fuss over a battle with a Crane stand as a prize. Just make your own battle already if you don't like the rules, man.

AND a pr of Dicers! What other infomercial promotes other companies products?
Dayum that's a good infomercial.
holla
dj_KaSE 6:44 AM - 17 February, 2011
Oh snap, DIcers?!? No wonder JohnnyM's all worked up.
DJ metaphor 6:45 AM - 17 February, 2011
Yeah, the dicers made me open my laptop and try to come up with something good....

I have a two minute routine right now, I need to get 2 more minutes in... dun dun dun.
DJBIGWIZ 6:47 AM - 17 February, 2011
we DEFINITELY need to get Johnny something for providing all the pre-show (and I'm sure half time) entertainment!
;)
DJ Nick Lee 7:01 AM - 17 February, 2011
Ninos you're a fool for that one. The funny thing is even when you tired to play track off beat you still scratched them in on time.
nik39 7:02 AM - 17 February, 2011
Oh man ... so much bs (and weird nut-hugging - you know who you are - it's too obvious) in this thread - I can't believe it. If you don't like the battle and/or the rules: Just don't participate. Easy as that. Why would you try to change the rules?! Did you call up Smirnoff and ask to change their rules? They had a marketing plan and they knew what they wanted. If you don't like it - just don't participate. *sigh*
DJBIGWIZ 7:15 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Oh man ... so much bs (and weird nut-hugging - you know who you are - it's too obvious) in this thread - I can't believe it. If you don't like the battle and/or the rules: Just don't participate. Easy as that. Why would you try to change the rules?! Did you call up Smirnoff and ask to change their rules? They had a marketing plan and they knew what they wanted. If you don't like it - just don't participate. *sigh*

hahaha... you feel my pain. Funny thing is most cats that got problems with it aren't even putting anything up or even planning on gettin in the battle. I'm sure there are some on here just havin fun and that's all good. The reality is no matter what you do or who's doing it or what the outcome is... some people are not going to like it and some people will. Crane is not making anything off this and there are already plenty of threads about Crane stands giving them promotion here... PLUS they are giving away stuff (out of their own pocket) that they have nothing to do with. I'm definitely not getting anything out of this accept a headache but I am giving my time which is a big deal to me because I could be doing more work during that time and trying to make more money or spent with the Fam. instead of helping pull off something positive and fun for the forum.
Papa Midnight 7:39 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
you must use Scratch Live.

No love for the ITCH?
DJBIGWIZ 8:18 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

hahaha
jwagner 10:06 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
-ninos!!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com

funniest part of that is closing the door on beat.
geeunot 10:07 AM - 17 February, 2011
hahahha @ ninos video. straight comedy.
BattleFunk 11:03 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
we DEFINITELY need to get Johnny something
;)

A gag?
jwagner 11:49 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

;)

A gag?

ba doom chi
SELECT 12:18 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

;)

A gag?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:56 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

AND a pr of Dicers! What other infomercial promotes other companies products?
Dayum that's a good infomercial.
holla

Oh here we go..

DJBIGWIZ = DJ KID CAPRI

theCraneStand = Just Blaze

You smell me now?

I have no problem with cats givin' away FREE SH*T, as I love FREE Sh*T, but let's keep it 100.

Y'all made the rules between YOURSELVES....

How do you know the BOARD doesn't feel a certain way?

I personally think the "HAVE TO USE SERATO" thing is pure BS, as you see I've submitted a video that is a STRONG CONTENDOR for 2nd Place, (DJ Con-Struc, I see your work), but according to the rules, it is INVALID, even though it contains the very ESSENCE of what a battle is all about.

Again,

LET THE BOARD PICK the Judges, and we actually have PLENTY of time to do that...

And LET the contestants pick the MEDIUM of their choice....

It's not that hard, what do you stand to loose?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:57 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
we DEFINITELY need to get Johnny something for providing all the pre-show (and I'm sure half time) entertainment!
;)

You stuuupid!!!
DJ Alkemy 12:57 PM - 17 February, 2011
Jesus. Whats wrong with some people on these boards. Crane are giving away a stand, great. People have to submit vids to win it, cool. There are a few rules like every battle, OK.

WHATS THE PROBLEM!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:59 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Even though I don't like your moistness, I have no problem with YOU being a judge, now how IMPARTIAL is that?

The Smirnoff thing was AZZ-BACKWARDS from the door, and the BULK of us agreeded that the JUDGES is what killed it...

So, why not learn from other's mistakes?
DJ Remy USA 1:00 PM - 17 February, 2011
Peoples complaining is gonna take the fun right out of it
BattleFunk 1:03 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
johnnys complaining has taken the fun right out of it

Word.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:06 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

johnnys complaining has taken the fun right out of it

Word.

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:06 PM - 17 February, 2011
Don't worry, I'll be back later today...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:09 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
;)

Oh, and that was my OFFICIAL entry...

SeriousCyrus 1:15 PM - 17 February, 2011
Why not just make your own thread, with your own rules, and appoint yourself as judge? Problem solved.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:16 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Why not just make your own thread, with your own rules, and appoint yourself as judge? Problem solved.

I did, and you're in it....

Problem is?
SeriousCyrus 1:21 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Problem is?

I apologise, there's something wrong with the browser, the OP has the name DJBIGWIZ, it must have got corrupted or something.
DJ Pullout 1:35 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
-ninos!!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com

I laughed so hard at this. I love the backspin into fatman scoop. funny stuff.
BERTO 2:06 PM - 17 February, 2011
johhny i know you're a cool dude with much time on the forums but quit being a bitch and a troll homie, post a vid if you think you can win or go post on rants and raves craigslist or something, ppl arent laughing with you anymore they are just laughing at you, you dont like the rules dont post, straight forward shit right here and you're making shit complicated, like Mastermind.....
BERTO 2:10 PM - 17 February, 2011
this is the part where he posts some gay Gif and nobody cares
nik39 2:15 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Problem is?

I apologise, there's something wrong with the browser, the OP has the name DJBIGWIZ, it must have got corrupted or something.

Same browser issue here.
jbnyc 2:15 PM - 17 February, 2011
Yeah i agree! I like johnny and his funny ass gifs but seriously bro,nobody wants to hear your bitching,you took the fun out of this thread/battle,can you guys start another thread and have a mod shut this thread....
nik39 2:16 PM - 17 February, 2011
+1
BERTO 2:17 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Yeah i agree! I like johnny and his funny ass gifs but seriously bro,nobody wants to hear your bitching,you took the fun out of this thread/battle,can you guys start another thread and have a mod shut this thread....

he's just going to start shit again, its like those kids that if you say "stop" you empower them and they continue untill you ignore them and they shut up eventually.
BERTO 2:18 PM - 17 February, 2011
ok so anybody who wants to vote johhny the new and refurbished mastermind " can i get +1!!"
SELECT 2:22 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Peoples complaining is gonna take the fun right out of it

+1

I was at a battle years ago, everyone was told 3 minute sets, etc. So many dudes showed up, the judges were like too many of yall, one minute each, GO! That eliminated more than half the dudes right there. Sure people were upset, but the seasoned battle vets didnt care, they went all out for that one minute and rocked. You should be able to adjust to whatever situation, gig, etc.

Crane is doing a very cool thing in giving away FREE stuff. Stop complaining.
DJ Pullout 2:29 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

thems tha rules.

Wiz put the law down. Everyone move on. Who is posting the next vid?
jbnyc 2:29 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

he's just going to start shit again, its like those kids that if you say "stop" you empower them and they continue untill you ignore them and they shut up eventually.

Hahahaha except this is a 47 year old kid! LOL
SELECT 2:52 PM - 17 February, 2011
After sifting through all the extra shit in this thread, I see we have some entries for real. Props to Remy for posting, but I think Ninos got this one. Dude if you would have just got the blowout... its all in the hair.
DJ Alkemy 3:09 PM - 17 February, 2011
I think Con-Struc has it at the moment but props to Remy for putting something up. Thats what its all about. I really want to put a vid up but some clown stepped on my tone arm while I was moving and snapped it in half, I would really want two decks to post a vid.
DJ Pullout 3:15 PM - 17 February, 2011
Con-Struc def has it currently. Competition was good though. Keep them coming.
jbnyc 3:18 PM - 17 February, 2011
Too bad daddy dog is somewhere in thailand....
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:20 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Cats used to get on me about me not using ScratchLive but being on the forum, and look, I'm the most famous one on here....

i beg to differ
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:47 PM - 17 February, 2011
This thread is whats wrong with the DJ game today, a company comes along and says here ill put up a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that people are BEGGING for in every other thread on the forum and all you have to do is post a video of yourself doing what you all say you love to do now lets all have fun and what does everyone do........dick ride on how other people on the forum will beat them anyway, post funney joke vids, and bitch about the rules and the ligistics of the offer. When did the DJ world get this shook. Everyone bitchs about how battles never ,aterialize and prizes are a great way to stimulate the battles and bithing about every aspect isnt setting a good standard, i bet right now crane is regretting they ever offered it as its turnign outt o be more of a hastle then its worth,

Im sure a few people will post good vids, ill be trying to make one sunday as thats the only day im not working a 14 hour day (gotta love the mardis gras season!).
Dj Shamann 3:50 PM - 17 February, 2011
Yo Johnny...

Watchwww.youtube.com
grrillatactics 4:03 PM - 17 February, 2011
This sounds like a fun battle idea, but I don't think I can keep up with ninos SKILLZZZZZ!!! My man straight murdered it!

Seriously, Con-Struc is out of my league, but I may still put something together for the fun of it. I've only done a few party-rock/mix type battles with much longer times (usually 15 or 20 min) but this could be a super fun challenge! Now to find a camera...
nik39 4:03 PM - 17 February, 2011
lol.
nik39 4:03 PM - 17 February, 2011
Sorry, lol at the linked Youtube video from Shamann.
Djaward 5:07 PM - 17 February, 2011
My son is 5 and he loves the art of the dj. I showed him all the videos in this thread and he wanted me to submit the video him and I did a few weeks ago. MIND YOU HES 5 SO PLEASE BE GENTLE..

Sorry for the bad video, it was taken with a SAMSUNG EPIC. ANd sorry for the background noise. Pick either video as our entry. THIS IS HIS CHOICE NOT MINE. He asked me to post this.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
SELECT 5:10 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
My son is 5 and he loves the art of the dj. I showed him all the videos in this thread and he wanted me to submit the video him and I did a few weeks ago. MIND YOU HES 5 SO PLEASE BE GENTLE..

Sorry for the bad video, it was taken with a SAMSUNG EPIC. ANd sorry for the background noise. Pick either video as our entry. THIS IS HIS CHOICE NOT MINE. He asked me to post this.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Haha, very cool.
Dirty Digits 5:10 PM - 17 February, 2011
Ok, let's try to get this back on subject here & try to shift the focus back on the actual battle.

How strict are the rules on video submission times? Round 1 is listed at 4 minutes, yet the times of the current entries are listed at:

DJ Con-struc- 6:25
DJ Remy USA- 7:42
Ninos- 4:05

Is it a 4 minute minimum? and does the same "minimum rule" apply to all of the advancement rounds as well?

Also, have pics been posted of the prizes & has a runner up prize been announced yet?
DJBIGWIZ 5:34 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Ok, let's try to get this back on subject here & try to shift the focus back on the actual battle.

How strict are the rules on video submission times? Round 1 is listed at 4 minutes, yet the times of the current entries are listed at:

Is it a 4 minute minimum? and does the same "minimum rule" apply to all of the advancement rounds as well?

Also, have pics been posted of the prizes & has a runner up prize been announced yet?

rules are pretty strict... It was agreed by those throwing this battle before hand and stated in this thread that Con-Strucs video could be used since it was him and his vid that sparked the idea for this battle.... he was however encouraged to make a new entry.
Remy was told his vid was a bit long.
Ninios vid was a self admitted joke so that's already out.
the "minimum rule" does apply to any round
DJBIGWIZ 6:18 PM - 17 February, 2011
*******PLEASE READ*******

The RULES for THIS Battle are posted at the top of the thread.
Please read them. They are what they are for THIS Battle.

We are NOT asking anyone for their opinion on how we should run OUR battle.
We are NOT seeking your advice.
We are NOT asking for anyones approval on the rules.
We are NOT asking you to like it.
We are NOT forcing you to be a part of it.

We ARE trying to do something fun and positive for the forum and this is coming from OUR time and money.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE RULES.

You CAN keep complaining and mess it up for everybody
and maybe the decision to just pull the plug on the whole thing and any possible future competition (that you may actually agree with) will be made.

Let's not mess up something nice guys. If you don't like it, that's fine… no one is forcing you to be a part of it but please don't mess it up for everyone else.

If you want control, make your OWN thing with your own rules and give away your own prizes… this is OUR thing.
(we're on some CJ & Company sh*t! Watchwww.youtube.com <<< a freebie for you wannabe break collectors who are scared to get your own fingers dusty)

To those of you who have submitted vids and plan on it… thank you I hope we can have good time on from this point and move
forward and possibly branch this out from here into more opportunities for the forum.

Regardless of any BS, I will judge any DJ in a DJ battle fairly.
This is not a popularity contest. My and the other judges personal feelings toward anyone here (good, bad or indifferent) do not matter.
I don't have a problem separating someone from being a good DJ AND an as*hole to me they are two separate things. We are
focusing on the DJ part of it here. With that said… when I'm asked to judge the Crane personality battle…
a few of you are gonna be in some serious trouble!

Enough talk.
You have the rules.
Step up and battle or sit down and watch but please let them do their thing.

HERE is the new thread for VIDEO SUBMISSIONS ONLY
serato.com

PLEASE do not ruin this. Feel free to talk about it here, bitch and complain about it here but let's keep the new thread for
submissions only.

WE WILL MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR VOTING WHEN IT'S TIME FOR THAT

Thank you
DJ Pullout 6:34 PM - 17 February, 2011
AMEN!!!!!
sixxx 6:47 PM - 17 February, 2011
I approve of this battle. Let's keep it moving and ignore those people and their posts that won't help the battle.
dj_KaSE 7:01 PM - 17 February, 2011
Seriously. Again, good luck to the contestants. I gotta check out this infamous vid by ninos.
djdannyd 7:27 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Round 1 is listed at 4 minutes, yet the times of the current entries are listed at:

so if we go by the rules, neither constestant qualifies to enter the battle due to the video lenght exceeding what the rules state. ninos is the only qualifying contestant thus far.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:39 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Round 1 is listed at 4 minutes, yet the times of the current entries are listed at:

so if we go by the rules, neither constestant qualifies to enter the battle due to the video lenght exceeding what the rules state. ninos is the only qualifying contestant thus far.

readings fundamental

Quote:

rules are pretty strict... It was agreed by those throwing this battle before hand and stated in this thread that Con-Strucs video could be used since it was him and his vid that sparked the idea for this battle.... he was however encouraged to make a new entry.
nik39 7:43 PM - 17 February, 2011
djdannyd doesn't like to read a lot ;) (hint to the vinyl vs analog discussion :-P )
djdannyd 8:33 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
djdannyd doesn't like to read a lot ;) (hint to the vinyl vs analog discussion :-P )

post pics plz
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:36 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

post pics plz

www.djjohnnym.com

www.djjohnnym.com

www.djjohnnym.com
djdannyd 8:48 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

readings fundamental

Quote:

Quote:

It's BATTLE time.

Rules:
3 Rounds

Do your thing!

Deadline TBA

Do what you want to do… this is your chance to target and get at who you think are the top contenders…. you've seen a bit of what they can do in the 1st round so you know what you gotta come with.
OR… don't even worry about the rest and do you. Raise the bar so they have to gun for you.

then we pick the top 2

Round 3 Finals - 3 rounds / up to 3 mins each round. If you can do your thing in less time then that's on you but you have up to 3 mins for each of the FINAL 3 rounds to destroy upper competition.
Deadline TBA

Knock 'em out!

i.e. Technique, Style, Selection, Scratching, Mixing, Beat Juggling, Disses, Word Play, use of Equipment (software, hardware, midi controllers etc…)

If all you do is mix for 4 mins but you pull it off better than someone who scratches and juggles for 4 mins, you will beat them…. this battle is about how well you do what you do… all styles are encouraged and welcome BUT…. you must use Scratch Live. (you can also use "regular" records but you have to use SSL as well)
And remember…. it's a battle! We want to see people going at it! Being too nice may not get you too far.

Judges will be:

*DJ BIG WIZ
*Rob (Crane)

Their will be no favoritism! This is a battle… if you fall, you fall. Everybody has an off day. If you are friends with any of the judges, don't even think you're gonna get friend points. It aint gonna happen. We are not holding any hands. Friends and foes will be judged on performance… not weather we like you as a person or not.

everyone can vote for their favorite and the "People's Choice" winner will move on to the Semi-Finals automatically.

****PRIZES****

AND……….

www.cranelaptopstand.com

to use any submission along with winners name and likeness for promotional purposes.

it's a 4 min video. not 7, 8 or 10 minute video.
Quote:
Rules:

Round 1 Preliminaries - 4 min video (1 entry per per person)
DJBIGWIZ 8:50 PM - 17 February, 2011
exactly... did you not read this post?
Quote:
got2b Ru 9:09 PM - 17 February, 2011
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:27 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

readings fundamental

Quote:

Quote:

It's BATTLE time.

Rules:
3 Rounds

Do your thing!

Deadline TBA

then we pick the top 2

Deadline TBA

Knock 'em out!

Judges will be:

*DJ BIG WIZ
*Rob (Crane)

****PRIZES****

AND……….

www.cranelaptopstand.com

it's a 4 min video. not 7, 8 or 10 minute video.
Quote:

Rules:

Round 1 Preliminaries - 4 min video (1 entry per per person)

Quote:
exactly... did you not read this post?

Quote:

Quote:
DJBIGWIZ 9:36 PM - 17 February, 2011
lol at ninos
ninos 9:37 PM - 17 February, 2011
haha i try :)
DJ Pullout 9:51 PM - 17 February, 2011
Can we please move on and not argue about the rules?

Its established that the already submitted videos were accepted since the rules were made afterward. No big deal. SO what if they got to go an extra minute or whatever it was.

Holy Christ.

Whos got the next video? I want to see a battle damn it.... not read an argument.
jbnyc 9:58 PM - 17 February, 2011
+1000 ^^^
RogerRabbit 10:01 PM - 17 February, 2011
haha - people act like someone is standing behind their head with a gun saying - read that shit nugga & read it out loud..

What would this forum be without threads full of pointless debates :)
jbnyc 10:19 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

a great forum!!!
RogerRabbit 10:22 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

a great forum!!!

well you can contribute to your own cause by stop posting - forever...
DJBIGWIZ 10:22 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
haha - people act like someone is standing behind their head with a gun saying - read that shit nugga & read it out loud..

hmmm... I think you're on to something here
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:48 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

a great forum!!!

ya theres nothing like a forum where noones talking about anything, SIGN ME UP
jwagner 10:56 PM - 17 February, 2011
yeah the threads that get the most posts either have arguments or controversy or both. No ones posting in the should i get monster cable rca type threads.
Mr Jimdobalina 11:03 PM - 17 February, 2011
I really wanna be a part of this, but i've got a broken rib and it hurts like hell, so i'm not gonna be able to right now, but hopefully i'll be battle-fit in a couple of weeks.

Might get something done just before the deadline, hopefully
RogerRabbit 11:05 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
I really wanna be a part of this, but i've got a broken rib and it hurts like hell, so i'm not gonna be able to right now, but hopefully i'll be battle-fit in a couple of weeks.

Who tuned you up?
DJ SPAIR 11:09 PM - 17 February, 2011
Funny how this all started from a post that said " DJ Khaled Sucks!".
Mr Jimdobalina 11:23 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Who tuned you up?

Lol, got really drunk at the weekend and fell, landed on the steps outside my buddy's house!!

Can't even remember doing it, drink is baad, m'kay
jbnyc 11:54 PM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

a great forum!!!

Eat a dick motherfucker! Youre the bitch ass nigga posting and bitching like a hooker with pms about the rules,shut the fuck up or make your own thread/contest!
Mike_P 12:04 AM - 18 February, 2011
jbnyc vs rogerrabbit?
mic 12:06 AM - 18 February, 2011
oooh now we got a battle!^^^ can this one be an advertisement for Mercedes plz!?!?
jbnyc 12:07 AM - 18 February, 2011
WTF? Am i really fighting with a guy named roger rabbit? Smh lol shame on me!
DJ metaphor 12:37 AM - 18 February, 2011
Ill have my routine up sometime next week.
RogerRabbit 1:41 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

a great forum!!!

Eat a dick motherfucker! Youre the bitch ass nigga posting and bitching like a hooker with pms about the rules,shut the fuck up or make your own thread/contest!

Ha ha - got u worked up - feeble mind...
BERTO 1:42 AM - 18 February, 2011
Yo rabit where in ny are you?
RogerRabbit 1:47 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
WTF? Am i really fighting with a guy named roger rabbit? Smh lol shame on me!

No buddy, your fight by yourself... Yep - you should slap your whenever you find yourself getting worked up by me or anyone else on this forum...
And yeah - Rogerrabbit is one of the corniest nicks on this site - I don't know WTF i was thinking..
nik39 1:51 AM - 18 February, 2011
Actually I think its one of the cooler ones on this forum. DJ_THISANDTHATISLAMe.
RogerRabbit 2:04 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

The place where dogs shit on the street and there owners don't pick it up, the place which minorities piss in the elevators and write grafiti on the walls, the place where the sirens always blare in the nights, the place where crackheads come out in abundance in the summer, the place where teenage boys stream out of their aptment complexes with their jeans below there asrse, the place where mofos grill me but dont do shit cuz i grill them back harder, the place where there is always a fine Latino and sister with a j-lo/beyonce booty passing you by....The place I hope to move from this summer..
BERTO 2:07 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The place where dogs shit on the street and there owners don't pick it up, the place which minorities piss in the elevators and write grafiti on the walls, the place where the sirens always blare in the nights, the place where crackheads come out in abundance in the summer, the place where teenage boys stream out of their aptment complexes with their jeans below there asrse, the place where mofos grill me but dont do shit cuz i grill them back harder, the place where there is always a fine Latino and sister with a j-lo/beyonce booty passing you by....The place I hope to move from this summer..

Newburgh?
RogerRabbit 2:10 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Actually I think its one of the cooler ones on this forum. DJ_THISANDTHATISLAMe.

Haha - yes.. I though I was the only one who found this a strange practice..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:16 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
johhny i know you're a cool dude with much time on the forums but quit being a bitch and a troll homie, post a vid if you think you can win or go post on rants and raves craigslist or something, ppl arent laughing with you anymore they are just laughing at you, you dont like the rules dont post, straight forward shit right here and you're making shit complicated, like Mastermind.....

Reading is fundamental, you obviously didn't see my winning 2nd place submission.
RogerRabbit 2:17 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

I am ten minutes away from manhattan.. What do ya need?
djdannyd 2:18 AM - 18 February, 2011
reading is over rated! spin those wheels!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:18 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com.
BERTO 2:19 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Looking to network locally im in orange county...
RogerRabbit 2:26 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Looking to network locally im in orange county...

That cool but I only been doing mobiles - no club gigs.. And your not local - you're like 1hour plus away from civilization :)
BERTO 2:27 AM - 18 February, 2011
Not local at all
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:32 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
*******PLEASE READ*******

The RULES for THIS Battle are posted at the top of the thread.
Please read them. They are what they are for THIS Battle.

We are NOT asking anyone for their opinion on how we should run OUR battle.
We are NOT seeking your advice.
We are NOT asking for anyones approval on the rules.
We are NOT asking you to like it.
We are NOT forcing you to be a part of it.

We ARE trying to do something fun and positive for the forum and this is coming from OUR time and money.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE RULES.

You CAN keep complaining and mess it up for everybody
and maybe the decision to just pull the plug on the whole thing and any possible future competition (that you may actually agree with) will be made.

Let's not mess up something nice guys. If you don't like it, that's fine… no one is forcing you to be a part of it but please don't mess it up for everyone else.

If you want control, make your OWN thing with your own rules and give away your own prizes… this is OUR thing.
(we're on some CJ & Company sh*t! Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com <<< a freebie for you wannabe break collectors who are scared to get your own fingers dusty)

To those of you who have submitted vids and plan on it… thank you I hope we can have good time on from this point and move
forward and possibly branch this out from here into more opportunities for the forum.

Regardless of any BS, I will judge any DJ in a DJ battle fairly.
This is not a popularity contest. My and the other judges personal feelings toward anyone here (good, bad or indifferent) do not matter.
I don't have a problem separating someone from being a good DJ AND an as*hole to me they are two separate things. We are
focusing on the DJ part of it here. With that said… when I'm asked to judge the Crane personality battle…
a few of you are gonna be in some serious trouble!

Enough talk.
You have the rules.
Step up and battle or sit down and watch but please let them do their thing.

HERE is the new thread for VIDEO SUBMISSIONS ONLY
serato.com

PLEASE do not ruin this. Feel free to talk about it here, bitch and complain about it here but let's keep the new thread for
submissions only.

WE WILL MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR VOTING WHEN IT'S TIME FOR THAT

Thank you

This is the funniest sh*t eva.
jbnyc 2:50 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Not local at all

im in queens/long island whats good? PM me...
damehype 3:59 AM - 18 February, 2011
You just know mastermind (small m) is reading this and the other thread daily...
sixxx 4:02 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The place where dogs shit on the street and there owners don't pick it up, the place which minorities piss in the elevators and write en.wikipedia.org on the walls, the place where the sirens always blare in the nights, the place where crackheads come out in abundance in the summer, the place where teenage boys stream out of their aptment complexes with their jeans below there asrse, the place where mofos grill me but dont do shit cuz i grill them back harder, the place where there is always a fine Latino and sister with a j-lo/beyonce booty passing you by....The place I hope to move from this summer..

I didn't know you lived in Mexico City. lmao
jbnyc 4:13 AM - 18 February, 2011
hahaha^^^
the_black_one 4:29 AM - 18 February, 2011
Mexico city is a huge dump land! was there 2 weeks ago for a birthday!
RogerRabbit 5:23 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Mexico city is a huge dump land! was there 2 weeks ago for a birthday!

Brought any drugs across the border?
ta2423 5:26 AM - 18 February, 2011
Drugs? They dont worry about drugs as much as fireworks.
ninos 5:30 AM - 18 February, 2011
kmon guys keep on track!
RogerRabbit 5:39 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
kmon guys keep on track!

There is nothing really to keep on track with - contruc is still in first place, remy still second and you're still last.. :) nothing much to discuss their...
ninos 5:44 AM - 18 February, 2011
fair enough. hahaha
the_black_one 5:59 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
kmon guys keep on track!

pauly d needs you to lighten up !
theCraneStand 6:24 AM - 18 February, 2011
I wish we could make it so only people that post a serious entry were allowed to post. I am seriously starting to regret offering this up. Really sad. You wanna talk s**t? Do it in a VIDEO. That is the whole point!! I'm gonna go cry my self to sleep now. :'-(

Can we get some more entries please?
mastermind 6:32 AM - 18 February, 2011
i guess since it got boring imma have to give you guys something to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theCraneStand 6:40 AM - 18 February, 2011
OH SNAP! Bring it Mastermind!
djdannyd 6:41 AM - 18 February, 2011
lol
mastermind 6:43 AM - 18 February, 2011
i been sitting back and letting you guys do all the talking!!!!!!!! the crane stand said till the end of this month!!!! my name is not mastermind for nothing!!!! im that spice that you guys need to blow thing out of proportions !!!
DJ metaphor 6:56 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
I wish we could make it so only people that post a serious entry were allowed to post. I am seriously starting to regret offering this up

I can't believe you guys let it get to this point.
this is such BS. I'm in highschool. and there is MORE drama on this forum then in my highschool itself... this is ridiculous. as said, if you wanna talk ish. do it in a video. but don't ruin a good thing that we have going on here....

Seriously. think about it.. all your doing here is trying to hide behind your computer like a freaking coward. if you got skills. show em! otherwise just TOGTFO. hahaha
RogerRabbit 7:23 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
I wish we could make it so only people that post a serious entry were allowed to post. I am seriously starting to regret offering this up.

Thank goodness your not a mod..
That's why this one is one of the best dj forums on the net - limited censorship!
theCraneStand 7:26 AM - 18 February, 2011
I have an idea... Make a video.
mastermind 7:30 AM - 18 February, 2011
i have one made garret.
RogerRabbit 7:30 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

I really would - but I already seen contruc's vid... Why waste my time?
mastermind 7:31 AM - 18 February, 2011
i wanted to proof a point and i have. You said we have till the end of the month to enter. hahahahaha we are still in feb last i checked
RogerRabbit 7:32 AM - 18 February, 2011
So now that's mastermind is back - is the bloodbath competition off :)
RogerRabbit 7:33 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
i wanted to proof a point and i have. You said we have till the end of the month to enter. hahahahaha we are still in feb last i checked

Haha you should go back in seclusion after tonight - that would really F'with their heads..
mastermind 7:34 AM - 18 February, 2011
contruc's vid is very good but it's very old school battle style ...... the new age of dvs is not represented in his video. there is a reason wht the dmc allowed dvs into it's contest!!
mastermind 7:37 AM - 18 February, 2011
uncle fester!!!!!!n imma be rockin wile your sleeping
RogerRabbit 7:40 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
contruc's vid is very good but it's very old school battle style ...... the new age of dvs is not represented in his video. there is a reason wht the dmc allowed dvs into it's contest!!

Quote:

Sounds like the old mastermind is back..
mastermind 7:41 AM - 18 February, 2011
fo sho ..... back to what i do best
theCraneStand 7:41 AM - 18 February, 2011
You wanted to prove a point huh? Yeah. Why don't you put up your video
mastermind 7:42 AM - 18 February, 2011
my vid is almost ready.... no excuses...... had to but a piece of equipment
RogerRabbit 7:44 AM - 18 February, 2011
I say make em wait some more..
mastermind 7:46 AM - 18 February, 2011
garret........ you see, tomorrow the majority of the board will look this and post making your product be the center piece of the discussion so your in a win win situation
mastermind 7:46 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
I say make em wait some more..

ha
mastermind 7:47 AM - 18 February, 2011
it's not all about cutting and crabbing
DJBIGWIZ 7:49 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

it's about lurking and waiting

hahaha
mastermind 7:50 AM - 18 February, 2011
sleeper baby..... wiz... i love the hats in your vidz... gives you character
RogerRabbit 7:51 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha

in other words strategic planning - a true mastermind ..
mastermind 7:52 AM - 18 February, 2011
roger is on to something
DJBIGWIZ 7:52 AM - 18 February, 2011
Battles definitely need strategy.
theCraneStand 7:53 AM - 18 February, 2011
Totally missing the point my man. I gotta hand it to you. After all this build up, took some guts to come back around. I am stoked to see who wins! You have a little more competition though. :)
DJBIGWIZ 7:54 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Totally missing the point my man. I gotta hand it to you. After all this build up, took some guts to come back around. I am stoked to see who wins! You have a little more competition though. :)

depends on what competition he's really in... I think he may have his own thing going on here that we are not in on
RogerRabbit 7:54 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

I doubt the board cares too much about the fill-ins.. :)
mastermind 7:56 AM - 18 February, 2011
they want to see me post a vid. ninos has a funny one, johnny has a old no SL one , remmy had a boring one
theCraneStand 7:57 AM - 18 February, 2011
yeah, whatever. You know ninos is bringen the heat!
theCraneStand 7:57 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
they want to see me post a vid. ninos has a funny one, johnny has a old no SL one , remmy had a boring one

That's what I am talking about. UH-OH!!

mastermind 7:58 AM - 18 February, 2011
garret... the more you post the more i like you (No homo)
theCraneStand 8:00 AM - 18 February, 2011
ah gee. Thanks. :)

VIDEO NOW please
mastermind 8:03 AM - 18 February, 2011
my ass is at work..... reading this with a glass of wine on one had and a cigar on the other hand. it's still feb. are you changing your rules?
DJBIGWIZ 8:11 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
my ass is at work..... r

A-YO
mastermind 8:12 AM - 18 February, 2011
A-YO........ tiring to keep the lights on
DJBIGWIZ 8:14 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
my ass is at work.....

Quote:
........ tiring to keep the lights on

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do

damn
mastermind 8:15 AM - 18 February, 2011
yes sir
mastermind 8:19 AM - 18 February, 2011
i can tell wiz is a creature of the night. dude has been djing for a wile. i can respect that. Wiz, the secret to what i do is very simple..... don't be ordinary, be extraordinary
DJBIGWIZ 8:26 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
i can tell wiz is a creature of the night. dude has been djing for a wile. i can respect that. Wiz, the secret to what i do is very simple..... don't be ordinary, be extraordinary

I can dig it.

I just hope all this ends up with you droppin some heat. it'd be really disappointing at this point if you either don't post a vid or you do and it doesn't live up to the "extraordinary" hype.
the_black_one 8:32 AM - 18 February, 2011
Ha.... I wish I could drop some info. If I did, I would give uncle fester the advantage
the_black_one 8:33 AM - 18 February, 2011
I want in on this shit
DJBIGWIZ 8:33 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
I want in on this shit

drop a vid
the_black_one 8:40 AM - 18 February, 2011
I have a feeling mastermind is got something up his sleeve
theCraneStand 8:42 AM - 18 February, 2011
you said your self that you would have it last Saturday. Then, you disappeared!

What's the matter, worried about added competition?
mastermind 8:49 AM - 18 February, 2011
Not at all garret. Looking forward to blowing up this discussion as much as you
theCraneStand 8:57 AM - 18 February, 2011
Nice
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:44 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
I wish we could make it so only people that post a serious entry were allowed to post. I am seriously starting to regret offering this up. Really sad. You wanna talk s**t? Do it in a VIDEO. That is the whole point!! I'm gonna go cry my self to sleep now. :'-(

Can we get some more entries please?

You CAN'T be talking to me...

I already posted the 2nd Place Vid....

See? Even after I chill, cats still wanna floss...
theCraneStand 9:45 AM - 18 February, 2011
"serious entry" being the key in that quote ma dude.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:46 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
i guess since it got boring imma have to give you guys something to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:47 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS....

The only cat F*ckin with my work is Con-Struc.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:48 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
i been sitting back and letting you guys do all the talking!!!!!!!! the crane stand said till the end of this month!!!! my name is not mastermind for nothing!!!! im that spice that you guys need to blow thing out of proportions !!!

Now THAT'S is some serious SH*T talking...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:50 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

LOL!

Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:51 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
garret........ you see, tomorrow the majority of the board will look this and post making your product be the center piece of the discussion so your in a win win situation

BINGO.

The cat REALLY IS A Mastermind....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:54 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
my ass is at work..... reading this with a glass of wine on one had and a cigar on the other hand. it's still feb. are you changing your rules?

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:00 AM - 18 February, 2011
Arrgh. I guess I'll be bringing my laptop with me to work so I can keep you guys company during the day today.

theCraneStand 10:02 AM - 18 February, 2011
oh god. Johnny just took a giant dump on this thread.... again.

Do a video please
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:08 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Do a video please

What are you talking about?

I DID a vid.
theCraneStand 10:10 AM - 18 February, 2011
yeah like ten years ago.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:13 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
yeah like ten years ago.

And those 10 year old skills still count...

Look, you asked me behind the scenes to "be nice", so I'm contributing...

Don't turn back the hands of time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:16 AM - 18 February, 2011
I told you earlier on, My DJ/Mancave won't be finished for weeks...or was that BIGWIZ?

Regardless, the 2 main attractions are back so it is what it is.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:18 AM - 18 February, 2011
I'd rather see just those 2 go at it as this was just an "Offshoot" of Mastermind not showing up again right away...

Waiting until 3/10 is a LONG TIME.
jwagner 10:20 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

+1 for the lakers gif
Dysquo 11:50 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

Where's Chris Hanson and the To Catch a DJ Predator Team?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:20 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Where's Chris Hanson and the To Catch a DJ Predator Team?

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ Pullout 1:40 PM - 18 February, 2011
Imagine if Mastermind pulls off this upset? hahaha. I feel like Im watching the trash talking story line in the WWE or something.

FINALY..... MASTERMIND HAS COME BACK.....

IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT Con-STRUC

IS

COOKIN!!!!!
DJ CON-STRUC 2:16 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
i have one made garret.

aka he finally found someone who has skills to make a vid that he can call his own. Lol
SELECT 2:18 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i have one made garret.

aka he finally found someone who has skills to make a vid that he can call his own. Lol

Lol, wow.
DJ CON-STRUC 2:23 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

Son, I'm not even a battle Dj, I mainly just play shitty electro music with no head phones. But I at least put a video up! All you have done is shit talk. If you think that you have better battle skills then let's see... I know that you are gonna play your mind games and say "just wait lol" but we ain't here to see Girly mind games... We wanna see DJ SKILLS!!
DJ CON-STRUC 2:24 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

says the guy that can't do it...
DJ CON-STRUC 2:27 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

dont hate on remy's vid, I bet it's better than what ever your gonna put out. Remy's shit was nice
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:28 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

what what a pussy thing to say, how about because there is a 2nd and 3rd place prize and currently your battling a joke vid to win it, how about because most of us are supposed to ENJOY MIXING and its a FUN compition.

This threads making me lose respect for about 90% of this forum, im going to try and have a vid posted by sunday, it may not be a winnign video but at least i wont be one of the pussys standing on the sidelines straight SHOOK
DJ Schematic 2:29 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

that one made me LOL
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:38 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

what what a pussy thing to say, how about because there is a 2nd and 3rd place prize and currently your battling a joke vid to win it, how about because most of us are supposed to ENJOY MIXING and its a FUN compition.

This threads making me lose respect for about 90% of this forum, im going to try and have a vid posted by sunday, it may not be a winnign video but at least i wont be one of the pussys standing on the sidelines straight SHOOK

OMG!

One battle at a time!!!!
SELECT 2:40 PM - 18 February, 2011
Old school battle style = Skills.

Twisting knobs = Crazy fist pump action

Well mastermind where the hell is your infamous we da best Electro set?!?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:43 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

Smartest thing said YET in this thread...
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:50 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Smartest thing said YET in this thread...

followed by the dumbest

Quote:

Well mastermind where the hell is your infamous we da best Electro set?!?

LMFAO, CONSTRUCT HAD THE WE THE BEST ELECTRO SET !!!
Mike_P 3:04 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
roger is on to something

Yeah...your nuts.
Dj Shamann 3:09 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

When it was just you two battling the deadline was still the one you agreed on, the voting was to go until the end of the month, not the video submission.

This was a really cool idea on Crane's part, too bad it got fucked up. I think it's a bust now though. Ah well.
jbnyc 3:19 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

roger is on to something

Yeah...your nuts.

Lol yeah..never seen somebody "from the hood" dick riding like that!
bustamove 3:21 PM - 18 February, 2011
Mastermind drinks wine and smokes cuban cigars at his job...

Mastermind taught Michael Jackson how to dance..

When Mastermind goes to the strip club, women throw money at him...

Mastermind doesnt break records, he makes them...
BattleFunk 3:34 PM - 18 February, 2011
its funny how many haters are in this thread with no video...
DJ Pullout 3:41 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

roger is on to something

Yeah...your nuts.

Lol yeah..never seen somebody "from the hood" dick riding like that!

hahahahaha, oh man that was good. LOL
DJ Pullout 3:44 PM - 18 February, 2011
I posted this in the older thread....

Quote:

I logged in and saw 145 posts... I immediately knew Mastermind was back even before I clicked on the thread. hahaha.

I amped for this showdown now. I literally can not wait to see Mastermind's vid.

Mastermind.... you are amazing at PR. haha Got us all amped for your comeback........ no pressure. lol

Like it or not..... Im pumped to see Mastermind's vid....whether its amazing or pure garbage. Hurry the hell up!
the_black_one 3:47 PM - 18 February, 2011
Like it or not. (i dont like it), he has made things interesting.Given people something to hate or to jump on (no misq)
RogerRabbit 4:00 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

PLEASE! STOP FRONTIN!

You had 3(or more) battles were supposed to participate in and YOU bitched out.. Remember all those threads I called had to call you coward in...Because you bitched out.. come son.. How much times you got called out..on here and bitched up.. Which one of us posted a vid in the last group battle thread...

STOP FRONTIN LIKE YOU GOT ANY HEART...

You must be trying to put on a show for all the new cats on the board - but anyone who been on this board for a while knows what you're made of.. You got a little club gig and you finally grew some balls - smh..
bustamove 4:09 PM - 18 February, 2011
Smh, damn right. The nerve of some people. Post a vid bitch.

Heres my power mix, haters gone hate- Watchwww.youtube.com

Justin Bieber: "I was send by god to create music"
TiesTo: "I didn't send anyone"
the_black_one 4:19 PM - 18 February, 2011
There is beauty to what we do. I believe mixing a song with another perfectly takes a lot of skill. The art of scratching is just that an art that requires a shill level that is high.
So if i hear a dj blend mix perfectly (no auto stink) and then hear some dj cut it up i can appreciate both.....hate on tiesto's image and music but the dude can mix his ass off (NO MIS-Q)
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:29 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

You got a little club gig and you finally grew some balls

you should try gettin one sometime, mabye yours will drop then too!
bustamove 4:32 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

OOOHH.. get em.
RogerRabbit 4:48 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ha Ha - I would post links all those threads - where you got called and were shook.. But why bother - I am glad you're finally overcoming your fears of post in vid a battle thread..
Good for you.. You're finally becoming a man..
DJ CON-STRUC 4:55 PM - 18 February, 2011
Come on guys, take it to the tables! Then talk shit.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:56 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Ha Ha - I would post links all those threads - where you got called and were shook.. But why bother - I am glad you're finally overcoming your fears of post in vid a battle thread..
Good for you.. You're finally becoming a man..

Thanks bro, i have hopes youll get there one day, for you it will prob hurt a bit the first time but youll get used to it

LOL seriously though this forums gonna shit itself and have to take a close look in the mirror when the forums worst dj DJ MBEZZLE wins 2nd place in this forum wide comp with a video that is so bad it shouldnt be allowed on youtube
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user_2.0 5:18 PM - 18 February, 2011
two many talkings, no doings a hear for skatchings
DJBIGWIZ 5:42 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS....

I'd love to see Johnny post up a vid for THIS battle.
(he knows the rules even though he doesn't agree with 'em and he know his doesn't fit}
I think he would definitely bring a real sense of a "battle" to whatever he did and not just a "look at me DJing" vibe... this is a battle... if you wanna pull punches and be nice and considerate to the people you are in competition with go ahead.

Speaking of the rules
if your video is over 4 mins, you will NOT be judged on anything over 4 mins.
So if you bring the heat at min 5, you are out of luck... y'all KNOW the rules.
djdannyd 5:44 PM - 18 February, 2011
lol
Fumio Ohtsubo President, Panasonic Corporation 5:44 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

woo u tok too, I C no skwatch frum U, u quyt now beefo mata hoomble u wit HIIYA JOODOO CHAP
AKIEM 6:30 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
DJ Pullout 6:49 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

woo u tok too, I C no skwatch frum U, u quyt now beefo mata hoomble u wit HIIYA JOODOO CHAP

this shit cracks me up every time. I dont know why...
jwagner 7:09 PM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

its like the asian guy from hangover
DJ Pullout 7:17 PM - 18 February, 2011
DJ GOOK 1:11 AM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:

Mastermind is Jammster wow this is unbelievable. Here is master i mean jammster vid lol.

I'm not a scratch dj at all but I could beat (no homo) him in a battle any day
DJ GOOK 1:13 AM - 19 February, 2011
just check out all of jammster threads and posts. All are the same pattern talking trash like he is nice
DJ GOOK 1:15 AM - 19 February, 2011
if you look at "jamster" and take the "j" away and rearange the letters you get "MASTER"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:06 AM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
Come on guys, take it to the tables! Then talk shit.

THAT'S WHAT I SAY!

Y'all always arguin' about *ish.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:08 AM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS....

I'd love to see Johnny post up a vid for THIS battle.
(he knows the rules even though he doesn't agree with 'em and he know his doesn't fit}
I think he would definitely bring a real sense of a "battle" to whatever he did and not just a "look at me DJing" vibe... this is a battle... if you wanna pull punches and be nice and considerate to the people you are in competition with go ahead.

Speaking of the rules
if your video is over 4 mins, you will NOT be judged on anything over 4 mins.
So if you bring the heat at min 5, you are out of luck... y'all KNOW the rules.

Man, why doesn't my vid qualify again?

It's less than 4 mins... :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:11 AM - 19 February, 2011
BTW, thanks fo' the kind werds...

A LOT of cats on here aren't built for DJ'ing in the FIRST PLACE...

Much less...battling...
Dj_KaGeN 3:07 AM - 19 February, 2011
** Mark as Unread **

&

** Stop Tracking this Discussion **
DJBIGWIZ 8:07 PM - 19 February, 2011
new vid posted in the submission section!!!

serato.com

you should watch this

sacrilicious 8:17 PM - 19 February, 2011
Snap. The bar has been raised again
nik39 8:49 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:

serato.com

you should watch this

Is that mastermind on drugs??
nik39 8:49 PM - 19 February, 2011
nik39 8:53 PM - 19 February, 2011
Oh, it's Bezzle. Gotcha.
nik39 8:57 PM - 19 February, 2011
The rotary knob mod on the 68 is ace...!
DJBIGWIZ 9:23 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
The rotary knob mod on the 68 is ace...!

haha.. you noticed that to huh
DJBIGWIZ 9:25 PM - 19 February, 2011
I did something like that with my 57 (got the idea from Warik) and people thought it was a new special mixer. hahaha
BattleFunk 9:36 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:

serato.com

you should watch this

hahahaha brilliant :D
Mr Jimdobalina 9:46 PM - 19 February, 2011
Awww yeah, the mind-scratch, you gotta teach me that shit!!!
theCraneStand 9:38 AM - 20 February, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com

If I were the judge, this is the leader.
DJBIGWIZ 5:38 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

haha.. if you were a judge, you would know that's over 4 mins... there are gonna be a lot of upset people come judging time.

PLEASE READ THE RULES
4 MIN TIME LIMIT with the one exception being Con-Struc (who again was advised to re do his submission for THIS battle) depending on the number of entries we wind up with.... all videos over 4 mins will either be dropped or ONLY judged on the first 4 mins.
Dirty Digits 5:56 PM - 20 February, 2011
So, for clarity's sake Wiz;

a 1 minute video still qualifies for entry to a 4 min round?

or does it have to be 4 mins exatcly?
DJBIGWIZ 6:12 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
So, for clarity's sake Wiz;

a 1 minute video still qualifies for entry to a 4 min round?

or does it have to be 4 mins exatcly?

4 or under...
if you think you can do enough to win in under the time limit then that's on you.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:24 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

haha.. if you were a judge, you would know that's over 4 mins... there are gonna be a lot of upset people come judging time.

PLEASE READ THE RULES
4 MIN TIME LIMIT with the one exception being Con-Struc (who again was advised to re do his submission for THIS battle) depending on the number of entries we wind up with.... all videos over 4 mins will either be dropped or ONLY judged on the first 4 mins.

Man, there go those RULES AGAIN....

DJBIGWIZ 6:46 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DJBIGWIZ 7:42 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TRUST ME... I tired of saying it. I'm 'bout ready to just be ghost until the judging and when cats who post up some dope ish get cut and don't make it because they can't read and follow instructions there'a gonna be a lot of copy and pasting going on here. I've said it so many times now I'm tired of hearing me so...... if you don't want to win, don't follow the rules.

That is all.
RogerRabbit 7:45 PM - 20 February, 2011
Yawn...

Are we there yet?
DJBIGWIZ 7:46 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
Yawn...

Are we there yet?

5 more mins
RogerRabbit 7:48 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
TRUST ME... I tired of saying it. I'm 'bout ready to just be ghost until the judging and when cats who post up some dope ish get cut and don't make it because they can't read and follow instructions there'a gonna be a lot of copy and pasting going on here.

Will the vids be snipped and reupload?
DJBIGWIZ 8:12 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

TRUST ME... I tired of saying it. I'm 'bout ready to just be ghost until the judging and when cats who post up some dope ish get cut and don't make it because they can't read and follow instructions there'a gonna be a lot of copy and pasting going on here.

Will the vids be snipped and reupload?

no.. we are not gonna do anyones job for them. we shouldn't have to do that... they should be able to follow the rules.
BattleFunk 10:06 PM - 20 February, 2011
it's kinda like watching kids being spoon fed now
DJBIGWIZ 10:06 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
it's kinda like watching kids being spoon fed now

right
DJ metaphor 10:26 PM - 20 February, 2011
I am uploading my 4 MINUTE video as i type. 16 minutes remaining.
DJBIGWIZ 10:31 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
I am uploading my 4 MINUTE video as i type. 16 minutes remaining.

nice
DJ metaphor 10:51 PM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
nice

done. Watchwww.youtube.com
raequan 11:55 AM - 21 February, 2011
your vid is 4:01 you one sec over DNQ....... hehehehehe nice vid only need a lil more lighting.
DJ Pullout 12:14 PM - 21 February, 2011
I cant see whats going on...
DJ GOOK 1:07 PM - 21 February, 2011
he stop mixing at 3:59.
All I can do is stabs and baby scratches can i enter this conest
raequan 1:12 PM - 21 February, 2011
Quote:
All I can do is stabs and baby scratches can i enter this conest

enter nothing to lose... but alot to gain
DJ metaphor 6:19 AM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:
<div class="small">[b][/b]
All I can do is sta

its cause i have NO effing place to put the camera....
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:18 PM - 22 February, 2011
The comments thread :)

5 entries and 1 wtf.

Great work guys, loving this stuff. Seeing some skills, some classics chopped up, some comedy...... makes me want to get down but ...... its been a busy weekend.

Keep them coming, can't wait to see what comes next \m/
The Real DJ Pauly D 5:44 PM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:
-ninos!!!!

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

nice vid!!
theCraneStand 7:22 PM - 22 February, 2011
Oh snap! Pauly D is in the house!

Yo Pauly, I know you already got a Crane Stand but, this contest is for the brand new gold edition! You gonna put up a video and win this thing?
DJBIGWIZ 8:29 PM - 22 February, 2011
METAPHOR... it's fine. no need to re record
RogerRabbit 8:44 PM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:

Yo Pauly, I know you already got a Crane Stand but, this contest is for the brand new gold edition! You gonna put up a video and win this thing?

He said he would put on a vid on Sunday - I don't know what happened...
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:44 PM - 22 February, 2011
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
jbnyc 9:19 PM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

shhhhh.... *whispering* they really think its the "real Pauly D" lol
jwagner 9:21 PM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:

he'll only enter if you give away an italian flag bedazzled crane stand
DJ Tecniq 5:26 AM - 23 February, 2011
what if we did a video set? that would be dope.
DJ metaphor 5:36 AM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

Thank you sir!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:51 AM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:

Ahhh, bending DA RULES, I see....

dj_KaSE 3:07 PM - 23 February, 2011
I'll guess I might enter. Got nothing to lose by doing it.
nik39 3:17 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
C'mon. Here we go again. If you don't like it, don't put up a video and don't win.

Quote:

Quote:
Oh man ... so much bs (and weird nut-hugging - you know who you are - it's too obvious) in this thread - I can't believe it. If you don't like the battle and/or the rules: Just don't participate. Easy as that.

It's really not that difficult to understand

DJBIGWIZ 2:41 AM - 23 March, 2011
****OK,OK,OK,****
Our choices are picked now it's time for the Forum to pick their choice.... who do y'all think should go through? (SERIOUS ENTRIES ONLY PLEASE)
Vote and we will announce on Friday the DJ's going to the 2nd round!
RogerRabbit 2:45 AM - 23 March, 2011
What is the limit? How are we picking?
RogerRabbit 2:46 AM - 23 March, 2011
Meant how much people are we picking?
DJBIGWIZ 2:46 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:

limit?
you choose one person who you think should go through
jbnyc 2:48 AM - 23 March, 2011
billybm18 FTW lol
RogerRabbit 2:53 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

limit?

Oh ok a wildcard.. Wait but what shouldn't you post the result of who made it in already? It would be kinda of waste for me or the rest of the forum to choose someone who the judges already decided is going to round 2. And No, I am not trying to argue your rules, I am just asking...
DJBIGWIZ 2:55 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

limit?

Oh ok a wildcard.. Wait but what shouldn't you post the result of who made it in already? It would be kinda of waste for me or the rest of the forum to choose someone who the judges already decided is going to round 2. And No, I am not trying to argue your rules, I am just asking...

no because your pick on who you think should go through is not based on who we pick...if we have picked who you think should go through are you then gonna choose someone who you don't think should go through just because we picked the ones who you think were good?
jbnyc 2:55 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

limit?

Oh ok DJ wildcard.. Wait but what shouldn't you post the result of who made it in already? It would be kinda of waste for me or the rest of the forum to choose someone who the judges already decided is going to round 2. And No, I am not trying to argue your rules, I am just asking...

call them by their names in the forum not by their dj name!!
DJBIGWIZ 2:57 AM - 23 March, 2011
you should not be influenced by our picks... if your pick matches ours then it just further backs up the decision to put them through... but if the forum chooses someone we didn't, they get to go through.
RogerRabbit 3:14 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
you should not be influenced by our picks... if your pick matches ours then it just further backs up the decision to put them through... but if the forum chooses someone we didn't, they get to go through.

Ok.. That's better than your first explanation.. Makes sense..sort of...

I liked Billys's set but I don't doubt that he is already in..

My pick would be the guy would played the Latin music in his set - a bit different from the others - I'll post his name when I get in..
DJBIGWIZ 3:21 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

My pick would be the guy would played the Latin music in his set - a bit different from the others - I'll post his name when I get in..

all good, I got you. it was legacy 1281
ninos 4:08 AM - 23 March, 2011
construc. his set was ill!
RogerRabbit 4:33 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

all good, I got you. it was legacy 1281

Yes legacy 1281 - that's my vote:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:23 AM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
construc. his set was ill!

Doesn't CON-STRUC AUTOMATICALLY ADVANCE, simply because this was built off of him?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:24 AM - 23 March, 2011
If NOT, the votes should go to HIM, simply because, if he DOES automatically advance, then we can vote for the OTHERS who should be able to battle for him.
DJ Pullout 12:37 PM - 23 March, 2011
I vote construc
Mr Jimdobalina 1:12 PM - 23 March, 2011
Billy's got my vote
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:22 PM - 23 March, 2011
Can I declare myself as a write in??

If not then

Quote:
Billy's got my vote

+1
RogerRabbit 2:03 PM - 23 March, 2011
Quote:
I vote construc

Cmon - use your votes wisely... That dude is already in round two..

Contruc and Billy are already in - I can bet money on that...
BERTO 2:08 PM - 23 March, 2011
The dude with the easy e snoop dogg intro
Billy18bm 2:11 PM - 23 March, 2011
SpareChange gets my vote
Billy18bm 2:16 PM - 23 March, 2011
damn just watched that SpareChange vid again.. wowz
ninos 11:46 PM - 23 March, 2011
no votes for ninos? i got a killer new set id like to show yall ;)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:08 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
no votes for ninos? i got a killer new set id like to show yall ;)

boob job??
jbnyc 2:41 PM - 24 March, 2011
If you guys thought tjat johnny took the fun out of this contest bitching about the rules BIGWIZ JUST KILLED IT!! :( whats so hard of naming 4 finalists,pair them up,winners go to the final and ship that stand and close the thread, wow do you really need 2 weeks for that?
Dj Shamann 2:49 PM - 24 March, 2011
Is there only 4 people going to the next round?
jbnyc 2:52 PM - 24 March, 2011
With like 7 entries how many do you think?
Dj Shamann 2:59 PM - 24 March, 2011
LOL yeah i guess, I realized I missed one or two videos so i thought there would be more. Sucks that there were so little entries.
DJBIGWIZ 5:23 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
With like 7 entries how many do you think?

12 serious entries
Quote:
If you guys thought tjat johnny took the fun out of this contest bitching about the rules BIGWIZ JUST KILLED IT!! :( whats so hard of naming 4 finalists,pair them up,winners go to the final and ship that stand and close the thread, wow do you really need 2 weeks for that?

There is nothing hard about that but with all the bitching people here seem to do.... we didn't want to change up the rules that were posted saying the forum would have a vote.... I mean hell... even when we follow our own rules that people knew were in place from jump, we still get people like you talking shit.... where's your video anyway? Oh that's right... you are one of those to sit back, talk shit and not enter..... continue.
jbnyc 5:37 PM - 24 March, 2011
LMFAO dont get mad at me just cause you're doing a shitty job as a judge! And im sorry to comment here,i didnt know this was a contest for only those who submitted a video...SMH
DJBIGWIZ 5:43 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
LMFAO dont get mad at me just cause you're doing a shitty job as a judge! And im sorry to comment here,i didnt know this was a contest for only those who submitted a video...SMH

WOW... you didn't know this was a contest for those who submitted a video? really? You thought everyone who didn't submit a video was in the contest? That's a special kind of stupid man
DJBIGWIZ 5:44 PM - 24 March, 2011
You ask what's so hard about picking 4 people to go head up but you can't even pick one who you like to continue… really? All you have to say is we should call people by their real names and not their DJ names… yeah, great idea, that wont cause any confusion at all after everyone has watched the videos under the DJ name and don't know their real names anyway…. amazing idea… is this what you sit around and do instead of actually entering the battle? Way to contribute man. I have never seen a more worthy candidate for wast of skin. Nobody is making you be here and since you are not in the battle and can't even put forth an effort to pick ONE person to go through, you have nothing to lose by just leaving… you are seriously not needed here.
jbnyc 6:16 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

WOW... you didn't know this was a contest for those who submitted a video? really? You thought everyone who didn't submit a video was in the contest? That's a special kind of stupid man

So youre saying we (the viewers/voters) are not part of this contest? OKKKK! That means you asked the contestants to vote for eachother? LMFAO

Quote:
You ask what's so hard about picking 4 people to go head up but you can't even pick one who you like to continue… really? All you have to say is we should call people by their real names and not their DJ names… yeah, great idea, that wont cause any confusion at all after everyone has watched the videos under the DJ name and don't know their real names anyway…. amazing idea… is this what you sit around and do instead of actually entering the battle? Way to contribute man. I have never seen a more worthy candidate for wast of skin. Nobody is making you be here and since you are not in the battle and can't even put forth an effort to pick ONE person to go through, you have nothing to lose by just leaving… you are seriously not needed here.

WOW so wrong here!

I DID PICK ONE! I wrote billy FTW remember?

The "call thedj's by the name" was a joke cause billy's dj name is wildcard, i did contribute by encouraging Billy to enter the contest! YOURE WELCOME! and seems like youre not needed here neither,took you a week to say "vote for whoever you want for the next round" ahh fuk it! Who cares.....
DJ CON-STRUC 6:58 PM - 24 March, 2011
Why don't you guys stop arguing and take it to the tables... That's how men settle shit. And I know big wiz is sick with it :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:04 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
Why don't you guys stop arguing and take it to the tables... That's how men settle shit. And I know big wiz is sick with it :)

this thread would turn from #completefail to #BIWINNING if the judges had to start battling the audience
jbnyc 7:09 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

this thread would turn from #completefail to #BIWINNING if the judges had to start battling the audience

lol where i come from we dont settle shit like that!! stop kissing ass construct, that wont get you to win the contest!! lol ;)
DJ CON-STRUC 7:17 PM - 24 March, 2011
Lol, it was worth a shot.... And how do you settle things around your way? The "mastermind" way?
jbnyc 7:20 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
Lol, it was worth a shot.... And how do you settle things around your way? The "mastermind" way?

lol we flip a coin! haha
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:22 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

lol we flip a coin! haha

i wanna move there, I have a 50\50 shot at being the best DJ in town
DJBIGWIZ 7:32 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

lol we flip a coin! haha

hahaha
what he didn't tell you is that he has a 2 headed coin
i wanna move there, I have a 50\50 shot at being the best DJ in town
DJBIGWIZ 7:32 PM - 24 March, 2011
haha ^^^Quote fail
jbnyc 8:02 PM - 24 March, 2011
jwagner 8:41 PM - 24 March, 2011
why is this contest taking so long again?
DJ Pullout 8:42 PM - 24 March, 2011
^this
DJBIGWIZ 10:33 PM - 24 March, 2011
Quote:
I DID PICK ONE! I wrote billy FTW remember?

my bad, I scrolled up and didn't see it. Thx for the vote

Quote:
So youre saying we (the viewers/voters) are not part of this contest? OKKKK! That means you asked the contestants to vote for eachother? LMFAO

well, let's see.... the dictionary defines a contest as an event in which people compete for supremacy in a sport or activity.Did you compete? No, therefore... NO, YOU are NOT a part of the competition you are part of the audience watching the competition and were basically asked to "clap" for who you think should go through.... in order to be a part of the "competition", you must compete which you did not. That means I asked the viewers to vote for the contestants! LMFAO

If you want more control, throw your own battle. You did not compete, you are not throwing the battle or giving away any prizes.... other than being asked who you like in it.... you have no other part of this. You want it to move along but you are starting shit. You can sit back and check it out or not... nobody really cares what you choose to do... your being here has no bearing on anything as you have nothing to do with it.

The DJ's going to the 2nd round will be announced tomorrow.

It's easy to sit back and talk shit.... any moron can do that... if you don't like it... throw your own so you can have it the way YOU want it. Otherwise stop crying about it.
jbnyc 11:58 PM - 24 March, 2011
You see! It fucking worked! You needed that little push! Thank me later fellas!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:37 AM - 25 March, 2011
Quote:

HEY, I was complaining about the stuff THAT I KNEW WOULD BE A PROBLEM LATER, just like what you're complaining about....it taking TOO LONG and dragging this out.

You should THANK me for have the foresight (NM) to plan accordingly.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:38 AM - 25 March, 2011
Quote:
That's a special kind of stupid man

CLASSIC QUOTE right thurr....

lol.

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:39 AM - 25 March, 2011
Quote:
You see! It fucking worked! You needed that little push! Thank me later fellas!!!

www.djjohnnym.com
DJBIGWIZ 4:02 AM - 25 March, 2011
Quote:
****OK,OK,OK,****
Our choices are picked now it's time for the Forum to pick their choice.... who do y'all think should go through? (SERIOUS ENTRIES ONLY PLEASE)
Vote and we will announce on Friday the DJ's going to the 2nd round!

posted March 23rd

Quote:

posted March 24th
Quote:

Again.... March 24th

It worked?
Ummm.... that was already the plan genius.
It had nothing to do with you.
SMH
*Special kind of stupid
DJBIGWIZ 7:24 AM - 25 March, 2011
***The DJ's going through to the 2nd round are:
(in no special order)

Consturc

legacy 1281

SpareChange

Billy1 8bm

Mr Jimdobalina

You all have one 4 minute round to get busy.

Video deadline is Saturday April 2nd
We will judge on Sunday April 3rd
and announce the finalists on Monday April 4th

We will pick the top 2 to go at it in the finals.
DJ Pullout 12:34 PM - 25 March, 2011
and then there were 5.

Glad to see this is moving forward! No negativity from this point forward please!
DJBIGWIZ 6:05 AM - 5 April, 2011
***OK PEOPLE… HERE IT IS***
After much thought and consideration
and talking back and fourth about it….
we have decided on the final 2
and it wasn't as easy as you may think.
(Seriously)
Every one of these guys definitely brought
something to the table (pun intended) in the
2nd round.
Great job all of you but we had to
pick to to go on to the finals

SpareChange VS. CON-STRUC

This is for the LIMITED EDITION CRANE STAND with GOLD hardware and GOLD SubTray
(not available in stores)
and a set of Novation Dicers! (not gold but still dope)

Round 3 Finals - 3 rounds / up to 3 mins each round. If you can do your thing in less time then that's on you but you have up to 3 mins for each of the FINAL 3 rounds.

We will follow the same one week format for submissions
as we did in the 2nd round so that you have enough time to put
something together and record it.

1st video due by Sat. Apr. 9th
2nd video due by Sat. Apr. 16th
3rd video due by Sat. Apr. 23rd

We will judge and announce the winner on
Monday Apr. 24th

Good luck both of you!

Now, BRING IT!