Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

3rd Deck - Instant doubles

DVE 12:08 AM - 9 February, 2011
Two midi mappable buttons:
- instant double from deck 1 to deck 3
- instant double from deck 2 to deck 3

If possible also an alternate option to move the playing track to the third deck, rather than copying it.

I think this would really help for using 3 channels, with just two turntables.
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 1:17 AM - 9 February, 2011
I don't have an SL-3 or 4 yet, so I have no idea how SSL handles the 3rd deck, but I know about 3 deck mixing and yeah, this would rock.
In fact, given how so many of us have become used to instant doubles, it must be weird to have to work without it.

I was wondering what you do if or when you have a track on deck 3 and want to double it over to deck 1 or 2? Sounds to me like you'd either need more mappable buttons, or a way to select/program which deck combo the existing instant doubles feature uses.
DVE 1:43 AM - 9 February, 2011
You can instant double atm by dragging the track from one deck to another, but this method isn't exactly practical. too much fiddling with the laptop. The less laptop use the better IMO.

More options would be good. These options to double to the third deck would just be the most commonly used ones i think, I couldn't imagine there'd be too many instances where you'd double from the 3rd deck, back to deck 1 or 2. Although I could wrong.
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 1:52 AM - 9 February, 2011
"I couldn't imagine there'd be too many instances where you'd double from the 3rd deck, back to deck 1 or 2"
No, neither can I, but since it's bound to happen, it's worth considering at least. Plus, I would have thought that with the SL-4 now out, the need to be able to freely (and quickly) switch between decks would be even more of an issue and then the above scenario would probably be more common.

"The less laptop use the better IMO" <-- Hallelujah
AKIEM 2:44 AM - 9 February, 2011
+1
I havnt used SL-3 yet but I think it would be a good idea for midi bottons to go from deck 3 to 1/2.

when I use 1 turntable style I go back and forth all the time, its an easy way to change pitch on the 2nd deck. Double it to 1 change pitch then put it back on 2.

Also for some 'tricks'
DVE 10:55 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
"I couldn't imagine there'd be too many instances where you'd double from the 3rd deck, back to deck 1 or 2"
No, neither can I, but since it's bound to happen, it's worth considering at least. Plus, I would have thought that with the SL-4 now out, the need to be able to freely (and quickly) switch between decks would be even more of an issue and then the above scenario would probably be more common.

"The less laptop use the better IMO" <-- Hallelujah

Yeah I see what you mean, even just having the all the various doubles that can be done, set up in a button grid, that we can then midi map. Simple solution to accommodate all preferences.
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 12:41 AM - 10 February, 2011
Actually, since remembering about the SL-4, my mind hasn't stopped coming up with ways that this could be used. There's a thread around here somewhere about being able to scratch the sample decks or quickly load and unload load them to and from a deck at the push of a (midi mappable please) button. This seems to go hand in hand.

Just imagine... load a sample in an instant then switch it to any deck you want...load up a track and do the same thing....program four different versions of the same track each with different cue points (giving you 20 until Serato adds more..please)...fill up the sample banks with parts of tracks and juggle them over four turntables....load up a track/sample onto a free deck, match the pitch in seconds, then throw it in the sample decks (as a way around not having auto-sync for loops)...looking at a screen of 4 decks instead of a page of sample banks (much more intuitive).... oh man, the list goes on....

Damn, I gotta get me some four-deck goodness. :)
s3kn0tr0n1c 4:38 PM - 10 February, 2011
ill need to check but i think mines ID's easily on the 68......i usually just load from crate always , I dont touch the mouse no more
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 10:53 PM - 10 February, 2011
Well, I'm almost sorry to say that after today's official announcement, I'll be one of those jumping on board the new Traktor Scratch Pro 2 when it ships. It has so many of the features that are literally being begged for in these forums, including everything I posted last night.

Like I've said, I won't be abandoning Serato, but it looks like I'll be using it a lot less. I know people have their preferences and loyalties for certain brands and products, but I was never one of the Mac vs. PC guys anyway. I'm all about whatever can get the job done. I'll use a Mac for somethings and a PC for others. I guess I'll be doing the same from now on with SL and T2, which is a shame because up until now, I've never so much as installed Traktor and I had hoped I wouldn't have to.

Come on Serato, please, please show us some love or I'm afraid so many more will be showing you their backs. :(
J.J. 3:30 AM - 13 February, 2011
I don't understand why Serato cannot do simple things. Traktro Scratch Pro 2 is looking real nice. I will be waiting for my FREE version (I have an S4 and Scratch Pro)

You cannot MIDI delete a Cue Point. I do not understand, this simple function should have been one of the first MIDI options.

You cannot seamlessly skip 2, 4, 8, 16 beats ahead or backward. Great for scanning a track, skipping a section, and remixing. Plus if the track is about to run out, you can go back 16 bars and set a loop.

You cannot MAP the Jog Wheels. You have to used a hacked DN-S4500 XML and it only works for decks 1 and 2.

I want to send deck 1 instantly to deck 3 or deck 4 or even a sample. You can't unless you get your mouse and drag and drop.

You cannot set layers in MIDI, only Shift buttons.

The KEY correction is the worst in the Industry.

Why can't we send MIDI out signals to backlit LED buttons?

SYNC the samples.
tekamafo 11:54 PM - 11 November, 2011
+1
I can see on the Show Midi Panel > Aux "Instant Doubles" but Midi Mapping to it does not seem to do anything...
DJ Trice 11:53 AM - 20 November, 2013
I'm interresting on this one too. For now i drag & drop with the mouse to the third deck, but i'm going to map the fourth channel of the hc1000 on the third deck to control it
icb 10:58 AM - 2 May, 2014
+1

I just tried setting Instant Doubles for 3rd deck and I realized its not in working condition.

Shame.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:11 PM - 18 May, 2014
+1
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:12 PM - 18 May, 2014
+1

(instant doubled)