Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

TTM57 does not save mixer settings

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
cappinkirk 7:53 PM - 7 June, 2007
it still doesn't save the button state when you startup the mixer...it there any way for example to have B3 and B6 on group 6 "on" when I start it up with 1/2 already selected so that I don't have to do that every time?

it always starts with B1 on everytime & I have tried turning the mixer on before/after plugging it in/turning on serato, etc. nothing works.
nik39 9:32 PM - 7 June, 2007
Damn good question, I don't understand how saving settings to the mixer works. Weird..
cappinkirk 9:45 PM - 7 June, 2007
i know how to push the "save to mixer" button for those of you already typing it...

& I love the way it saves the transformer joystick states to the mixer even when it isn't connected etc. but every time i start up i have to press "group, B6, B6, B3, left joystick, group, B1 and then select the left deck (my own joystick command)" like i'm playing contra or something.
boabmatic 8:59 AM - 8 June, 2007
it will never save the effect ON status , by design

think there was a change in 1.7.2 on how it saves the effects but not really looked into it yet..
Rane
Majors 3:42 PM - 8 June, 2007
Are you using 1.7.2? Nice contra reference by the way . . . up, down, up, down, left, right . . .
cappinkirk 5:11 PM - 8 June, 2007
yes 1.7.2
cappinkirk 5:11 PM - 8 June, 2007
can i get a witness?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:19 PM - 8 June, 2007
Quote:
it will never save the effect ON status , by design

I spoke to the firmware designer here at Rane and he told me that, although it is possible for us to add that as a feature, he is skeptical about doing it because of the problems it could cause with the echo effect.
The mixer will save the aux on and everything else though. You will just need to turn the effect on when you turn on the mixer.
cappinkirk 6:50 PM - 8 June, 2007
every time i start up i have to press "group, B6, B6, B3, left joystick, group, B1 and then select the left deck (my own joystick command)"

so how do you think my process will change in light of this new information? not at all?
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:57 PM - 8 June, 2007
Quote:
it still doesn't save the button state when you startup the mixer...it there any way for example to have B3 and B6 on group 6 "on" when I start it up with 1/2 already selected so that I don't have to do that every time?

The only thing it won't save is the 'ON' button.
What are you trying to do when your pressing left joysick, group, b1?
cappinkirk 8:10 PM - 8 June, 2007
the "on button" does not exist, please be specific

do you mean that when I startup and go to group 6 it will always have B1 "on" by default like it is now instead of having B6 and B3 "on"?

to answer your question...

while B6 is selected, and the joystick is "on", the left joystick places "1/2" as active. That is the first part of what I am doing with "...left joystick, group, B1, and then select the left deck (my own joystick command)"

i would like all of that to be saved with the mixer.

...the second part is that then i select group 1 and I have a custom joystick command in group 1 that applies the left or right deck current tempo to the bpm effects.

tell the firmware designer that it should an option that can be be turned on or off in preferences (off by default) for "save effects settings to mixer". even when the deck is not connected i want i to do the same thing

also by default shouldn't the ttm57 use the selected track bmp for the effects? when would that not be beneficial?
cappinkirk 8:11 PM - 8 June, 2007
even when the deck is not connected to the laptop i want i to do the same thing
nik39 12:01 AM - 9 June, 2007
Ok, it seems to save some of the efx parameters but not the insert point and not the BPM multiplier value. :-/
cappinkirk 2:06 PM - 11 June, 2007
what is the insert point?

i would like the bpm multiplier value to also be saved with the mixer
nobspangle 2:29 PM - 11 June, 2007
Insert point is B1-B4
On/off is B6

Try doing the following

Go to group 6
Turn on B3
Set the multiplier to 1/2
Turn off B6
Press the save to mixer button for the echo effect

Now it should save those settings so it is set the same way every time the mixer is turned on.
You will have to turn the effect on (B6) each time the mixer is turned on as this is never saved.
cappinkirk 2:38 PM - 11 June, 2007
niiiiice i will try this. It sounds like it will work.
thanks nobspangle!
Serato
Ronan 11:12 PM - 11 June, 2007
Save To Mixer

The Save To Mixer function allows you to set default standalone settings for the TTM 57SL mixer. The default standalone settings are the settings the mixer takes on when it is turned on without a Scratch LIVE computer connected.

The Save To Mixer buttons are accessible by clicking the setup button on the hardware control panel. Each effect slot has its own Save To Mixer button. The information saved by this button is:
- Which effect is in that slot.
- The insert point (or target channel) for the effect, eg Left deck, Right deck, Aux or main Mix
- Effect parameters, e.g. effect mix, delay, feedback, frequency and resonance values.
- BPM Multiplier.

The effect on/off state is not stored by the Save To Mixer function. The result is that when you turn on the mixer in standalone mode the effects will be off and the sound will not be modified.

There is also a main Save To Mixer button accessible from the hardware setup screen, which saves:
- Transform direction.
- Stereo house meter status.
- Headphones source (master cue).
- Latch killswitches.
- Phono sensitivity.

Effect Settings between sessions

Scratch LIVE will remember the effects configuration from your last session, although the effects will always be off when you start Scratch LIVE, and the hold echo will not be inserted.

Note: If you are using the TTM 57SL in stand alone mode, and you have an effect on when you start Scratch LIVE, Scratch LIVE will not touch that active effect, meaning that the last used settings will not be restored. The Hold Echo effect is a special case in this respect, see below.

Effects information recalled from your previous session are:
- Which effect is in that slot.
- Mix, delay, feedback, frequency and resonance values.
- Joystick state (e.g. bpm multiplier or transform).
- Bpm multiplier.

A special case: Hold Echo

The hold echo effect begins generating the echo tail when the insert point is assigned. The hold echo is then considered to be active even if it is not "on" in the mix.

If you use Save To Mixer for the Hold Echo effect with an insert point assigned then your previous session settings will not be restored when turning on the TTM 57SL with Scratch LIVE connected, or when starting Scratch LIVE after powering the mixer on. This is because the mixer boots with the save to mixer settings (including hold echo insert point assigned) before retrieving the previous session settings from Scratch LIVE. The computer detects that the effect is 'on' and therefore does not overwrite the settings for that effect slot.

To get around this you should deactivate the insert point for Hold Echo on the mixer before connecting Scratch LIVE, or alternatively ensure that the effect is not assigned to a slot before using the Save To Mixer function.
nik39 12:52 PM - 12 June, 2007
Quote:
There is also a main save to mixer button

Quote:
Each effect slot has its own save to mixer button.

I don't have the mixer in front of me, but I can't remember ever seeing a save-to-mixer button for each effect slot. Am I blind or dumb?
cappinkirk 1:10 PM - 12 June, 2007
yes nik39 you are correct & tHANKS! to everyone for helping me out with this one. The settings work great now I only have to turn on the effect after i turn on the mixer.
nik39 1:15 PM - 12 June, 2007
I am correct? So I am blind and dumb? ;) Or are you saying you can't see the button either?
cappinkirk 1:50 PM - 12 June, 2007
haha the save to mixer button only appears when you click the regular hardware menu "save to mixer"
cappinkirk 1:51 PM - 12 June, 2007
i thought you keyed that you did see the button for each effect slot (its early)
nik39 1:54 PM - 12 June, 2007
Quote:
i thought you keyed that you did see the button for each effect slot (its early)

I do not see that button for each effect slot.
cappinkirk 1:56 PM - 12 June, 2007
gotcha did u find it now?? just go into group six and then click "settings" and it should be visible.
cappinkirk 1:57 PM - 12 June, 2007
you should be able to see the main save to mixer button at the same time as group 6
nik39 4:00 PM - 12 June, 2007
Quote:
just go into group six and then click "settings" and it should be visible.

Doh!!!

Quote:
Each effect slot has its own save to mixer button. The information saved by this button is:

This needs to be clarified. You have to press the settings/Setup menu for the mixer, *then* you will see the save to mixer button.
Serato
Ronan 11:49 PM - 12 June, 2007
OK thanks nik. will chuck that clarification in.

also you don't need to be in group 6 to see save to mixer button, you just need to click the (hardware) setup button.
DJ GaFFle 11:44 AM - 12 July, 2007
Okay, I'm running version 1.7.2 (17235) and I see NO Hardware setup button. I have a Mac. Am I running the wrong version?

I see a Hardware, Browse, Review, Prepare, Import button but NO Hardware setup button.

What am I doing wrong?
DJ GaFFle 12:03 PM - 12 July, 2007
Nevermind, it's right in the middle of the Scroll Crates button and the Scroll Tracks button.

I don't recall the instructions indicating HOW to get there...No RED arrow indicators. Oversight on my part but an instruction update may be necessary.
nik39 12:08 PM - 12 July, 2007
Quote:
an instruction update may be necessary.

Completely agree.