DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

1.72 NOT Worth the Upgrade

Mr. Goodkat 6:44 PM - 7 June, 2007
nothing new, had to rebuild overviews, and it changed the date added, which really helped. The new bpm is just as inaccurate as the last, which is about 90% right, but I had changed a lot of the other incorrect ones, so now I have to do the same. What a waste!
As-One 6:53 PM - 7 June, 2007
1.7.2 was good for me with FIXING the *not storing/remembering cue points on certain mp3's bug. that was real annoying. i go to bed happier at night now :)
djqt 6:58 PM - 7 June, 2007
still on 1.63.
cool as a mahphukka
CMega 7:05 PM - 7 June, 2007
When you guys say rebuild overviews, do you mean it has to go through every track again and rebuild them? I update everytime a new version comes out and it only rebuilds the new tracks ity hasn't built yet. Am I missing something? How do I rebuild every track again? It won't let me, it says all overviews are built.
As-One 7:08 PM - 7 June, 2007
Quote:
still on 1.63.
cool as a mahphukka

you should upgrade, your missing out on some pretty cool features.

Quote:
When you guys say rebuild overviews, do you mean it has to go through every track again and rebuild them? I update everytime a new version comes out and it only rebuilds the new tracks ity hasn't built yet. Am I missing something? How do I rebuild every track again? It won't let me, it says all overviews are built.

this is true for me also. what ARE you talking about Mr. Goodkat?
dj cubicle 7:08 PM - 7 June, 2007
ctrl + rebuild overviews will do them all.
cappinkirk 7:10 PM - 7 June, 2007
now instead of complaining about not having updates there are people who complain about too many updates. who is so OG that they use an obsolete version intentionally? lets hear from the <1.4 users out there!!!
Mr. Goodkat 7:25 PM - 7 June, 2007
i'm just saying that 1.71 was just as functional as 1.72, but I can understand that maybe it fixed some vista issues. I used the autogain and I really dont see any change, either
DeezNotes 7:28 PM - 7 June, 2007
I think that's the point. I thought a change in 1.7 would be minor... maybe some bug fixes or something. I'm guessing the jump to 1.8 will be big with a longer list of changes?
skinnyguy 8:17 PM - 7 June, 2007
1.7.x upgrades are small upgrades and fixes. whenever it jumps to a newer number, like 1.8 or 1.9, there should be a bigger list of changes and additions.

the autogain in 1.7.2 is now user adjustable compared to 1.7.1 which was preset by the programmers because everybody wanted their own custom level and nobody could agree on what was a good setting.
nik39 9:14 PM - 7 June, 2007
Quote:
nothing new, had to rebuild overviews, and it changed the date added, which really helped.

That'S prolly a problem on your system, it's not how it supposed to be. Added date will only be changed when *new* tracks get added to the library. For example when your database got corrupted.

Quote:
The new bpm is just as inaccurate as the last, which is about 90% right, but I had changed a lot of the other incorrect ones, so now I have to do the same. What a waste!

Ryte... so we didn't get a BPM range option now... lol

Quote:
I used the autogain and I really dont see any change, either

You seemed to completely missed the fact that you can adjust the target autogain value.
nobspangle 9:54 PM - 7 June, 2007
Quote:
You seemed to completely missed the fact that you can adjust the target autogain value.

Not only can you adjust the target gain but you can do it on the fly without having to rebuild the overviews. BPMs get analysed on the fly during autofill overviews. Some new stuff for 57 users.
For me 1.7.2 is a pretty sweet round up to loads of cool stuff that went in to 1.7

If you fancy helping out you can always send a few tracks that get BPM'd wrong into Serato.
nik39 9:59 PM - 7 June, 2007
Oh yeah, improved effects for the 57, totally forgot.
Mr. Goodkat 10:18 PM - 7 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:
nothing new, had to rebuild overviews, and it changed the date added, which really helped.

That'S prolly a problem on your system, it's not how it supposed to be. Added date will only be changed when *new* tracks get added to the library. For example when your database got corrupted.

Quote:
The new bpm is just as inaccurate as the last, which is about 90% right, but I had changed a lot of the other incorrect ones, so now I have to do the same. What a waste!

Ryte... so we didn't get a BPM range option now... lol

Quote:
I used the autogain and I really dont see any change, either

i used the BPM range on all the values [i.e. went through and only did slower bpm tracks with the lowest range, and higher bpm on the higer range], still just as accurate.

Nik39 i've never understood why you've had such a hard on for Scratch Live, and counter any attacks like you wrote the software and are president of the company. I love Scratch Live my self, and its definitely the best thing to happen in a long time, but damn, from time to time everyproduct is gonna have problems. I even went to the traktor forum, to check out comments, and you were over there talking shit. Get a fucking life, and get Scratch live's dick out of your mouth for a second.
nik39 10:27 PM - 7 June, 2007
I don't know what "talking shit" you are referring to. There are some good stuff in TS and some stuff which is wack - when I talk about it, is that what you call talking shit?

Counter any attacks? If you have valid reasons, I will agree with them - positive or negative. But posting that 1.7.2 is not worth the upgrade, then coming up with - eh - no valid reasons, nah man, I won't agree. Until now you couldn't backup your opinion why 1.7.2 is not worth the upgrade. There were added features, making life easier for all of us, improved stability - so what are you complaining about? How can this NOT be worth upgrading?
nik39 10:35 PM - 7 June, 2007
Anyway, you are expressing your opinion. If you think 1.7.2 is NOT worth it - fine.

I am expressing my opinion - 1.7.2 is worth it.
sweetL 10:39 PM - 7 June, 2007
Quote:
Nik39 i've never understood why you've had such a hard on for Scratch Live, and counter any attacks like you wrote the software and are president of the company. I love Scratch Live my self, and its definitely the best thing to happen in a long time, but damn, from time to time everyproduct is gonna have problems. I even went to the traktor forum, to check out comments, and you were over there talking shit. Get a fucking life, and get Scratch live's dick out of your mouth for a second.

change your name to mr badpussy.
DJ KEVLAR 10:42 PM - 7 June, 2007
Quote:

ditto the overviews are bult into the tags of the mp3 no rebuilding needed.
Mr. Goodkat 10:51 PM - 7 June, 2007
but if you want to redetect "more accurately" and use the new BPM detection system, then you would have to rebuild overviews, which I did, and it wasnt any more accurate than the old system.
Mr. Goodkat 11:09 PM - 7 June, 2007
the mistake that I did make is that, it didn't rename the date of the files, but it did make duplicates of about 200 files, which may have 10/17/06, and one that says 6/07/07. I checked Itunes and there are no duplicates of those files

I wasn't meaning to slag SSL, but I merely said 'It wasn't worth the upgrade", meaning if you are on the fence about going to the new os, from 1.6 or 1.7, its not really worth it.

Nik you do have a point about the ttm57, but I don't have one, and considering you have to make a firmware update, and ssl os update, i wouldnt want to upgrade a club systems hardware, then have a guest/out of town dj use the mixer and not be able to upgrade to 1.72. I have had guys running 1.5 come through before and I know that can be an issue.
nik39 11:14 PM - 7 June, 2007
It's all good, but it's not nice to say things like "get Scratch live's dick out of your mouth for a second."

We don't need to take it to that low personal level, right.
DjWoody 11:55 PM - 7 June, 2007
I love 1.7.2. If finally fixed my crash problem, and the auto BPM is way more accurate than before. I also love the fact that you can now select your BPM range. I rebuilt many tracks because it was showing my BPM as 70 or 80, when it should've been 140 or 160.
DJMark 1:50 AM - 8 June, 2007
Quote:
Nik you do have a point about the ttm57, but I don't have one, and considering you have to make a firmware update, and ssl os update, i wouldnt want to upgrade a club systems hardware, then have a guest/out of town dj use the mixer and not be able to upgrade to 1.72. I have had guys running 1.5 come through before and I know that can be an issue.

Anyone running 1.5 wouldn't be able to use the TTM57SL at all. Support for it was added in 1.6.

If a club's tech person decided to upgrade the TTM57SL firmware, DJ's with pre-1.7.2 versions could still use the mixer...they just wouldn't have an easy way to use the effects. Simple solution for this might be (in the case where a venue has upgraded TTM57SL firmware) for the club's tech person to leave a CD-R with the 1.7.2 installers in the DJ booth.
allenbina 2:33 AM - 8 June, 2007
Quote:
Quote:

Anyone running 1.5 wouldn't be able to use the TTM57SL at all. Support for it was added in 1.6.

If a club's tech person decided to upgrade the TTM57SL firmware, DJ's with pre-1.7.2 versions could still use the mixer...they just wouldn't have an easy way to use the effects. Simple solution for this might be (in the case where a venue has upgraded TTM57SL firmware) for the club's tech person to leave a CD-R with the 1.7.2 installers in the DJ booth.

ive actually seen this exact problem, and then some. the guy brought his 57 to the club, plugged it in, and the next dj strolls in with 1.6. he had the drivers.... FOR WINDOWS!.... the guy brought his mac and i just walked out... i wonder what happened though... [insert dream music] ...hmmmm... [fades to flashback]
skratchnerd 8:05 AM - 8 June, 2007
1.72 sucks. Deleted songs off my macbook for some strange reason. Good thing i noticed this before any gigs.
JayB1200 1:42 PM - 8 June, 2007
im still using 1.7.1.. i had problem with 1.7.2 final and all the betas, building overviews the program would just close. I was at a gig, and i added someting to the tag in the comment section and it shut down on me, im just not feelin it...imo