Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Cannot adjust pitch, even when unsynced.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark V7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
chims 9:36 PM - 6 February, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: numark-v7
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.6
---

After playing with my new v7 for a few minutes, the sync control on it eventually got stuck on deck A and B. I tried adjusting it with the sync on and off on each side (all off, all on, and combinations) and the pitch is still disabled.

I unplugged the usb and reconnected it and it started working again, however, i wouldn't want to have this happen during a live set. Luckily this was just practice. Anyone else have this issue? Fix?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 12:39 AM - 7 February, 2011
Hi chims.

I take it you are ejecting Sync by pressing Delete and Sync?
From both decks?

When you have ejected Sync, then do you see a Red arrow indicating where you need to move the pitch slider to allowing you to 'take control' of the pitch again (ie. the pitch slider is moved to the pitch position on the slider?).

If this isn't appearing, can you tell me what is?

When syncing, what is the percentage PITCH amount on the virtual decks in ITCH?

Cheers.
chims 7:43 AM - 7 February, 2011
I just push the Sync button so it doesn't light up to deactivate it--not sure why I would push Delete and Sync for.

I did however notice that SOMETIMES, if I move the pitch slider to the other side (past the middle) of the 0 pitch, it allows me to control the pitch again. I'll have to test this out again on my next session to give you more details.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:12 AM - 8 February, 2011
Ah right - sorry, you are using Auto-tempo based Sync, not Beat Sync (they use slightly different rules).

When you have pressed Sync - this matches the tempo of the tracks together. This temporarily disables the Pitch slider until you have moved the pitch slider to match the hardware % to the software tempo %.

ie. if you pressed Sync on Deck B, and the track had to go to -4% tempo to match the tempo of Deck A, then you would need to move the pitch slider of deck B to -4% on the hardware to 'pick up' the pitch slider control again, otherwise any small adjustment of the slider could do a massive jump in tempo.

You will notice little yellow arrows next to the tempo indicating which direction you need to move the pitch slider to get the pitch slider working.