Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

I'M STUCK IN 1.3!!! HELP!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Chief WiggEm 1:55 AM - 7 June, 2007
Hi, I've attempted to download and install every update that has come out, but haven't ever been able to use them. I gave up a while ago, but just took another run at it with 1.7.2 and AGAIN, I download the dmg, run the installation, restart my Mac Powerbook, open Serato, and what do I see--the same 1.3 version I've had since I bought the software. Can anyone help please help me?
BriChi 2:05 AM - 7 June, 2007
go into your applications and see how many scratchlive icons you have, the new one may be all the way at the bottom of the application, you may have to re-create the alias to it. The install is probably not overwriting 1,3m it is creating another version of ssl and creating a separate icon for it, so if you are just trying to open it via the original 1.3 shortcut, it may not work for the new one
BriChi 2:06 AM - 7 June, 2007
also, maybe do a spotlight search for scratchlive 1.7 and see what comes up
BriChi 2:07 AM - 7 June, 2007
i just did a search on my mac for it and it comes up, i typed scratch live 1.7 and scratch live came up and it was the 1.7 version
cappinkirk 2:21 PM - 11 June, 2007
you need to replace the icon in the dock with the new scratchlive. it sounds like you are still accessing the old one. You probably have (at least) two versions installed but are accessing the older one. I would search for "scratch" as "Applications" and see what you get.