Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Exect BPM

Gilad Adar 10:07 PM - 31 January, 2011
Hi Serato,
Can you change the regular bpm display for an exemple (132) to his exect bpm like 132.45, Is it possible to do it?
thanks !
benictrs 3:46 PM - 3 February, 2011
good point for example(if i remember corectly) using the cdj 2000 in hid mode loading a song on the cdj screen apears the bpm with two zecimal ex:128.45bpm , this means that serato already calculates the bpm more acuratly than it shows on screen ex:128bpm , on the next update this feature probably it would pe available on the gui too :). thx in advance
pueblofunky 8:00 AM - 6 February, 2011
Serato stores both BPM values. The rounded integer in the ID3 standard tag which only allows integer values - and the exact value in an "own" ID3 tag.

I think Serato is using this order: own-ID3, ID3 to display the BPM value - but I didn't test it.

Serato should support both BPM columns: "BPMi" = integer value (standard ID3 tag). "BPMe" = exact value. You could choose one or both columns as usual. I don't see any problem here.

The BPM column in the menu BROWSE I think is obsolet and more obsolet because you can only select one value.

More wishes and better library support for BROWSE menu will follow later - however.
benictrs 11:52 PM - 7 February, 2011
+1
perry07 9:27 AM - 9 February, 2011
1+ this would be very help ful get a beat & acapella perfectly matched
HOLZAkontra 11:01 PM - 11 February, 2011
+1
sinesthetix 8:03 PM - 18 February, 2011
Since Serato already includes BPM to .1% in collapsed mode, I'd like to see it to .001% like Itch but I think that if you are using Vinyl that it would vary so wildly that it would actually be a hindrance since even new turntables don't lock pitch that accurately. It would however be useful on CDJs so i'd like to see it as an option if possible.