Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

freezes alot/audio drop

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
kingrevo 11:28 PM - 7 August, 2004
i calibrated system correctly..running g4 laptop 15" 1ghz cpu osx 10.3.2. If left alone for 5 minutes or so with songs loaded and needles on record without playing tracks.....frozen.

getting audio drops/cliks & pops while importing a track to deck 2 if music is being played on deck 1...and vice versa.

froze up during some backspinning/juggling.

is there a calibration fix to this or can it just not handle my wickedness on the cut and juggles....
hahaha...jus playin
but lemme know ...

thanks
Stuart Ramdeen 3:44 PM - 8 August, 2004
i'll try my machine when I get home and let you know if mine also freezes when songs are loaded and needles are on, but decks not spinnin

stu
chubbsta 11:14 PM - 8 August, 2004
Maybe try updating to the newest available system (10.3.4.) helps???
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 11:21 PM - 8 August, 2004
Kingrevo, are you running the latest version of Scratch LIVE? (version 1.1, 1107)
kingrevo 11:35 PM - 8 August, 2004
i updated to the latest version of both ssl and oxs panther. still does the audio clips and drops upon loading a song (256k mp3s) while other deck is playin a track. I havent tried leaving it idle yet. whats the fix? or is there one? for both problems?

if these problems get fixed......it will be almost a flawless system. i will have no complaints.

thanks for the help.
Stuart Ramdeen 12:18 AM - 9 August, 2004
well, i cued up two tracks, began to play them and then hit stop on my decks. Walked away for about 6 minutes, came back and all was fine.

Is there anything else you do to get this problem? Can you reproduce it reliably all of the time?

stu
Serato
Josh 12:28 AM - 9 August, 2004
Kingrevo, do you have any of the energy saving features of OSX turned on?
chubbsta 4:33 AM - 9 August, 2004
How about USB buffer? I have the apple alubook 1.25 MHz and I have to set it almost all the way to the right, to work without clicks etc. tried that???
kingrevo 7:58 AM - 9 August, 2004
i have not had a chance to try and reproduce the "hanging" or frozen problem yet....

i will check on energy saver, but i run alot of other programs that require them off so i am most sure they are.

as far as usb buffer...all the way right is unacceptable. i am a perfromance dj and need extremely tight control. i have to know if the clicks and pops can be fixed another way.

someone please advise. the freezing is only a problem if i walk awayin the middle of a live set......not likely. but the audio is a problem.

thanks in advance for the help
nik39 10:27 AM - 9 August, 2004
Quote:
How about USB buffer? I have the apple alubook 1.25 MHz and I have to set it almost all the way to the right, to work without clicks etc. tried that???

Yes, it also stutters on my Commodere C64 with x86 emulation mode... it has also near the same speed, about 0.98MHz. You shouldnt be surprised that your Mac with 1.25 MHz does not work properly. Thats faaaar below the req. minimum ;)) Just kidding, you meant 1.25GHz.

Seriously, how comes that the MAC pcs have allmost the same processing power (not MHz wise!) as the pcs, but you have to set the USB buffer almost to the right, though on my (much slower, near to the required minimum setup) PC USB buffer size of 5 works flawlessly? Is the Mac version compiled badly?

Can someone from the dev's team comment on that?
Alexander 12:28 PM - 9 August, 2004
I am running a 1.25Ghz PB with 1Gig Ram on OS X 10.3.4 SSL 1.1 (1107) USB buffer at 10(default) and it runs flawlessly for me. I have not tried it at 5 since I am very happy with it at 10. I will give it a test though to see if I can produce the same problems though?

Kingrevo definetly make sure you have your Energy Saver settings turned off when you have your SSL running it gave me issues once I did this everything was a lot better and you can also make sure you turn off your wireless card and any other apps that run in the background (i.e. Bluetooth,Antivirus Protection, etc....)

P.S. I am not from the dev team just thought I would back up the Mac peeps! :)
chubbsta 12:39 PM - 9 August, 2004
Quote:
Yes, it also stutters on my Commodere C64 with x86 emulation mode... it has also near the same speed, about 0.98MHz. You shouldnt be surprised that your Mac with 1.25 MHz does not work properly. Thats faaaar below the req. minimum ;)) Just kidding, you meant 1.25GHz.
Whoops, mistype... =oD