Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Link Files to Files, or Songs to Crates, or Crates in Library

AKIEM 9:28 AM - 24 January, 2011
Its been discussed before, a way to link songs to other songs. Or what I think would work better, linking songs to crates. These crates would open like a drop down in the library. Or Just being able to place "Library Sub-Crates" into the library. Maybe clicking on a crate header opens it instead of loading.

Songs Linked to Songs
Songs Linked to Crates
Sub Crates in Library

whichever way work
djkoolakiem.com
AKIEM 7:14 PM - 16 February, 2011
look ---> djkoolakiem.com
dj pesh 12:22 AM - 17 February, 2011
+1 I love this Idea. This should be implemented.
AKIEM 9:50 AM - 17 February, 2011
I think it would huge
DJ Wardawg 11:56 AM - 17 February, 2011
+1
However,
I think linking will cause a lot of application logic overhead as the programmers will have to develop rules around what can be linked vs not linked.

Also, Serato support would continue to have to explain these rules in the help forum.

I think it should be more in line to how itunes implements right clicking on a track and have sub menu options. It can accomplish the same thing mention here

Currently, two options in itunes sub menu is to add a track to a playlist or see all the playlist that track belongs to.

This could be expanded to show which crates this song exists in and allow you to move to the selected crate.

Hopefully, b4 any major library management changes occur, they rewrite their current library mngt process bcuz rite now it's too resource intensive.
AKIEM 1:38 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
+1
However,
I think linking will cause a lot of application logic overhead as the programmers will have to develop rules around what can be linked vs not linked.

Im not sure what you mean by 'cant be linked'?

Quote:

Currently, two options in itunes sub menu is to add a track to a playlist or see all the playlist that track belongs to.

This could be expanded to show which crates this song exists in and allow you to move to the selected crate.

hmmm, that sounds like a little more work implementing to me. Because you would need a pop-up window or something if its the way itunes works. I just imagine tying one crate to a location in another seems more simple to me. Plus easier to deal with it would simply become part of the library and easier to navigate especially without a mouse.
DJ Wardawg 6:07 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1
However,

Quote:

Im not sure what you mean by 'cant be linked'?

I'm not saying linking can't be done, however edits must exists

Here is one simple example of how linking can be complicated if not programmed for
Song Links A->B->C->A
Song C should never be able to link back to A. In programming terms this causes a circular reference and shouldn't be allow.

Quote:

hmmm, that sounds like a little more work implementing to me. Because you would need a pop-up window or something if its the way itunes works. I just imagine tying one crate to a location in another seems more simple to me. Plus easier to deal with it would simply become part of the library and easier to navigate especially without a mouse.

Why is a mouse needed? You don't use your touch pad?
There are only really small difference in the behavior/functionality of a dropdown box or popup window. they both require a left/right click or keystroke
AKIEM 4:23 AM - 21 February, 2011
The difference is one is always hidden, the other can be left open.
touch pad = mouse
no I dont use it, I use the 57 controls.
AKIEM 4:25 AM - 21 February, 2011
Whatever the functioning I think matters less then getting the feature.

Here is a new thread with just one of the ideas just to be more clear.

serato.com
DJ Wardawg 12:57 PM - 21 February, 2011
Quote:
Whatever the functioning I think matters less then getting the feature.

Here is a new thread with just one of the ideas just to be more clear.

serato.com

I agree
AKIEM 11:57 AM - 31 October, 2011
+1
AKIEM 9:51 AM - 17 December, 2011
Quote:
+1