Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

waveforms

DeMoNiO 10:24 PM - 21 May, 2007
i'm used to horizontal aligned waveforms, could this be implemented in next version?

view this image

img133.imageshack.us
Serato, Moderator
Warik 11:28 PM - 21 May, 2007
If you go to the set up screen, you can have horizontal waveforms ;)
J0be 1:56 PM - 23 May, 2007
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
DeMoNiO 2:21 PM - 26 May, 2007
view this image

img133.imageshack.us

waveform horizontal BIG LONG
cappinkirk 1:44 PM - 30 May, 2007
how about the ability to reverse the direction of the waveforms? so that they can go up instead of down??? i have a specific need for this function.
digital_steve 12:39 AM - 31 May, 2007
Quote:
how about the ability to reverse the direction of the waveforms? so that they can go up instead of down??? i have a specific need for this function.

Don't hijack threads dude.

Demonio ... the only problem with horizontal waveforms is that (at least in my experience on pc) they don't flow across the screen as smoothly as the vertical ones. If you rely on the waveforms for anything then just be aware :)
AdamJay 12:47 AM - 1 June, 2007
Quote:

Demonio ... the only problem with horizontal waveforms is that (at least in my experience on pc) they don't flow across the screen as smoothly as the vertical ones. If you rely on the waveforms for anything then just be aware :)

try playing with the max screen update (per sec.) slider in SETUP.
i usually keep mine at 30frames/sec as that is a pretty typical half 60hz refresh rate frame rate that plays smoothly on monitors and TVs. Anything less is going to look less smooth, and anything more is (in my opinion) rarely necessary.

also, i think the smoothness of playback depends on how much you have zoomed in the waveform in or out with the +/- keys
The more you're zoomed in, the higher a frame rate you would want, and vice versa.

I keep mine totally zoomed out, horizontal, 30fps, with a 45 second audio cache.
This nearly fills the screen on my 1440x900 pixel MacBook Pro 15"
djkris1 11:39 PM - 1 June, 2007
what version is this avail on?
DJMANICO 6:35 AM - 3 June, 2007
what version is this avail on?
djkris1 10:59 PM - 4 June, 2007