Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

"All..." crate

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
DJ Dynamight 7:39 PM - 7 August, 2004
I looked through my crates & iTunes playlist to find a song, and after I didn't see it, I did a search for it and found it. What I find strange is that it shows up in the "All..." view, even though it is not in a crate or iTunes playlist. I think I had the song in a crate that I deleted, so shouldn't the song be removed from the "All..." view also?
DJ White Lightning 8:33 PM - 7 August, 2004
No, it will stay in your iTunes Library until you delete it from there.

Any time you delete a song from a playlist list, it only deletes it from that particular playlist. So in order to delete files permanently you must be in the all or library to get rid of it.
DJ Dynamight 1:08 AM - 8 August, 2004
Even from within SSL?

When I did the search in SSL, the iTunes icon didn't show up next to the song, so I don't think it is in my iTunes library. It only shows up under the "All..." view.
Lephunk 6:34 PM - 8 August, 2004
think of your crates as playlists within itunes... when you delete a song in the itunes playlist, the song still remains in itunes but just not that particular playlists... same applies for SSL...
DJ Dynamight 10:27 PM - 8 August, 2004
I see, thanks for filling me in.

How about this question, is there a way to dynamically add songs to iTunes/SSL? Say for example, if I add a folder called "music" to my library in iTunes, can I add new files/subfolders to the "music" folder and have them automatically imported in to iTunes/SSL??
Lephunk 11:38 PM - 8 August, 2004
i believe you would still have to import them manually so SSL know's where the files are located...
chubbsta 4:30 AM - 9 August, 2004
Quote:
i believe you would still have to import them manually so SSL know's where the files are located...
Yes, in fact: the information for iTunes is in the corresponding iTunes Library XML File. When you add a new subfolder (which iTunes can do by itself, the sorting capabilities are great) you have to import the files into the database, so iTunes AND SSL can read 'em.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 1:32 AM - 10 August, 2004
iTunes writes its XML file when you quit, so just quit iTunes then go to the setup screen in Scratch LIVE and untick and retick "Import iTunes Library".